PDA

View Full Version : Media Sarah Palin mirror

Count Alex's Losses
11-26-2009, 12:02 PM
http://cdn.thefrisky.com/images/uploads/Going-Rouge-112309-m.jpg

http://www.orbooks.com/

ROYC75
11-26-2009, 12:05 PM
The lefts nightmare still has them scared !

Unreal !

irishjayhawk
11-26-2009, 12:15 PM

Unreal !

Question: Is this scared the same type of scared that Obama posed to Republicans, like yourself?

StcChief
11-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Question: Is this scared the same type of scared that Obama posed to Republicans, like yourself?no BHO is cooking his own goose slowly.

irishjayhawk
11-26-2009, 02:57 PM
no BHO is cooking his own goose slowly.

And Palin isn't?

CoMoChief
11-27-2009, 12:53 PM
i would so fuck the shit out of Palin

Calcountry
11-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Question: Is this scared the same type of scared that Obama posed to Republicans, like yourself?No, we know what we got, it is the independents who are just now waking up in a cold sweat.

BigChiefFan
11-27-2009, 12:58 PM

Unreal !
Yea those crazy Americans wanting a competent person running the white house is scary, huh?

SNR
11-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Unreal !Why do you keep insisting the left is afraid of Sarah Palin?

Here's what I see: Sarah Palin is a fake, fraud, and should not be taken seriously in any way, shape, or form when discussing politics. She has no experience, no education, and what comes out of her mouth makes me facepalm so hard I could get a concussion one of these days.

The media sees this, and regardless of their political affiliation, is going to comment on this. Comedians will have a ball with it because there's SO MUCH DAMNED MATERIAL TO WORK WITH.

She's practically begging people to make fun of her, and you say people make fun of her out of fear.

Seriously, can you not see how awful she is? She makes me embarassed to have voted for a Republican more than once in my life.

Aries Walker
11-27-2009, 02:09 PM
No matter how much of a hack she is, that's a pretty boldfaced dirty publishing trick to fool people into buying their book. She should sue and she should win.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Why do you keep insisting the left is afraid of Sarah Palin?

Here's what I see: Sarah Palin is a fake, fraud, and should not be taken seriously in any way, shape, or form when discussing politics. She has no experience, no education, and what comes out of her mouth makes me facepalm so hard I could get a concussion one of these days.

The media sees this, and regardless of their political affiliation, is going to comment on this. Comedians will have a ball with it because there's SO MUCH DAMNED MATERIAL TO WORK WITH.

She's practically begging people to make fun of her, and you say people make fun of her out of fear.

Seriously, can you not see how awful she is? She makes me embarassed to have voted for a Republican more than once in my life.
I totally agree! she reminds me of Obama~

max sleeper
11-27-2009, 03:43 PM

:clap: Go Chiefs!

Miles
11-28-2009, 01:19 AM

I usually don't venture over to this forum but you pretty much nailed my thoughts on this nonsense. She really needs to go away for the Republican party to rebound.

fan4ever
11-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I usually don't venture over to this forum but you pretty much nailed my thoughts on this nonsense. She really needs to go away for the Republican party to rebound.

Disagree; the media doesn't spend this kind of time and effort on somebody who's not a threat to liberal agenda.

I however don't want her on the 2012 ticket because of the distractions. I'd like to see policy argued; imagine that.

patteeu
11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Question: Is this scared the same type of scared that Obama posed to Republicans, like yourself?

Probably. I'll be the first to admit that I was scared of Obama because of his popularity, particularly among two dangerous groups of people. The first group is a group that I don't see eye to eye with ideologically (we can call them the fellow travelers). The second group is the group that was easily fooled by his charm and his hollow eloquence (we can call them the useful idiots).

patteeu
11-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea those crazy Americans wanting a competent person running the white house is scary, huh?

Funny that you bring up competence. I was just about to start a thread with this, but I'll post it here instead since this thread is pretty substance-free so far.

He Can't Take Another Bow
An icon of a White House that is coming to seem amateurish. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703499404574558134111577494.html?mod=rss_opinion_main)

By Peggy Noonan

This week, two points in an emerging pointillist picture of a White House leaking support—not the support of voters, though polls there show steady decline, but in two core constituencies, Washington's Democratic-journalistic establishment, and what might still be called the foreign-policy establishment.

From journalist Elizabeth Drew, a veteran and often sympathetic chronicler of Democratic figures, a fiery denunciation of—and warning for—the White House. In a piece in Politico on the firing of White House counsel Greg Craig, Ms. Drew reports that while the president was in Asia last week, "a critical mass of influential people who once held big hopes for his presidency began to wonder whether they had misjudged the man." They once held "an unromantically high opinion of Obama," and were key to his rise, but now they are concluding that the president isn't "the person of integrity and even classiness they had thought."

She scored "the Chicago crowd," which she characterized as "a distressingly insular and small-minded West Wing team." The White House, Ms. Drew says, needs adult supervision—"an older, wiser head, someone with a bit more detachment."

As I read Ms. Drew's piece, I was reminded of something I began noticing a few months ago in bipartisan crowds. I would ask Democrats how they thought the president was doing. In the past they would extol, with varying degrees of enthusiasm, his virtues. Increasingly, they would preface their answer with, "Well, I was for Hillary." This in turn reminded me of a surprising thing I observe among loyal Democrats in informal settings and conversations: No one loves Barack Obama. Half the American people say they support him, and Democrats are still with him. But there were Bill Clinton supporters who really loved him. George W. Bush had people who loved him. A lot of people loved Jack Kennedy and Ronald Reagan. But no one seems to love Mr. Obama now; they're not dazzled and head over heels. That's gone away. He himself seems a fairly chilly customer; perhaps in turn he inspires chilly support. But presidents need that rock—bottom 20% who, no matter what's happening—war, unemployment—adore their guy, have complete faith in him, and insist that you love him, too.

They're the hard 20 a president always keeps. Nixon kept them! Obama probably has a hard 20 too, but whatever is keeping them close, it doesn't seem to be love.

Just as stinging as Elizabeth Drew on domestic matters was Leslie Gelb on Mr. Obama and foreign policy in the Daily Beast. Mr. Gelb, president emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations and fully plugged into the Democratic foreign-policy establishment, wrote this week that the president's Asia trip suggested "a disturbing amateurishness in managing America's power." The president's Afghanistan review has been "inexcusably clumsy," Mideast negotiations have been "fumbling." So unsuccessful was the trip that Mr. Gelb suggested Mr. Obama take responsibility for it "as President Kennedy did after the Bay of Pigs."

He added that rather than bowing to emperors—Mr. Obama "seems to do this stuff spontaneously and inexplicably"—he should begin to bow to "the voices of experience" in Washington.

When longtime political observers start calling for wise men, a president is in trouble.

It also raises a distressing question: Who are the wise men and women now? Who are the Robert Lovetts, Chip Bohlens and Robert Strausses who can came in to help a president in trouble right his ship? America seems short of wise men, or short on those who are universally agreed to be wise. I suppose Vietnam was the end of that, but establishments exist for a reason, and it is hard for a great nation to function without the presence of a group of "the oldest and wisest" who can not only give sound advice but help engineer how that advice will be reported and received.

Mr Obama is in a hard place. Health care hangs over him, and if he is lucky he will lose a close vote in the Senate. The common wisdom that he can't afford to lose is exactly wrong—he can't afford to win with such a poor piece of legislation. He needs to get the issue behind him, vow to fight another day, and move on. Afghanistan hangs over him, threatening the unity of his own Democratic congressional base. There is the growing perception of incompetence, of the inability to run the machine of government. This, with Americans, is worse than Obama's rebranding as a leader who governs from the left. Americans demand baseline competence. If he comes to be seen as Jimmy Carter was, that the job was bigger than the man, that will be the end.

Which gets us back to the bow.

In a presidency, a picture or photograph becomes iconic only when it seems to express something people already think. When Gerald Ford was spoofed for being physically clumsy, it took off. The picture of Ford losing his footing and tumbling as he came down the steps of Air Force One became a symbol. There was a reason, and it wasn't that he was physically clumsy. He was not only coordinated but graceful. He'd been a football star at the University of Michigan and was offered contracts by the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers.

But the picture took off because it expressed the growing public view that Ford's policies were bumbling and stumbling. The picture was iconic of a growing political perception.

The Obama bowing pictures are becoming iconic, and they would not be if they weren't playing off a growing perception. If the pictures had been accompanied by headlines from Asia saying "Tough Talks Yield Big Progress" or "Obama Shows Muscle in China," the bowing pictures might be understood this way: "He Stoops to Conquer: Canny Obama shows elaborate deference while he subtly, toughly, quietly advances his nation's interests."

But that's not how the pictures were received or will be remembered.

It is true that Mr. Obama often seems not to have a firm grasp of—or respect for—protocol, of what has been done before and why, and of what divergence from the traditional might imply. And it is true that his political timing was unfortunate. When a great nation is feeling confident and strong, a surprising presidential bow might seem gracious. When it is feeling anxious, a bow will seem obsequious.

The Obama bowing pictures are becoming iconic not for those reasons, however, but because they express a growing political perception, and that is that there is something amateurish about this presidency, something too ad hoc and highly personalized about it, something . . . incompetent, at least in its first year.

It is hard to be president, and White Houses under pressure take refuge in thoughts that become mantras. When the previous White House came under mounting criticism from 2005 through '08, they comforted themselves by thinking, They criticized Lincoln, too. You could see their minds whirring: Lincoln was criticized, Lincoln was great, ergo we are great. But of course just because they say you're stupid doesn't mean you're Lincoln.

One senses the Obama people are doing the Lincoln too, and adding to it the consoling thought that this is only the first year, we've got three years to go, we can change perceptions, don't worry.

But they should worry. You can get tagged, typed and pegged your first year. Gerald Ford did, and Ronald Reagan too, more happily. The first year is when indelible impressions are made and iconic photos emerge.

patteeu
11-28-2009, 11:41 AM

What I think you see is someone who isn't a high quality actor or experienced in smooth non-speak like most politicians.

No experience? She was governor of a state. I understand that it's a relatively small state and that she only ran the place for a couple of years, but no experience?

No education? She doesn't have an ivy league sheepskin on her wall, but have we really come to the point where you have to be a Harvard or Yale man to be considered educated now? Please.

I doubt that she'd get my vote in a Republican primary, but I'm tired of slick talk being the number one criteria for a political candidate.

Saul Good
11-28-2009, 11:51 AM
What I think you see is someone who isn't a high quality actor or experienced in smooth non-speak like most politicians.

No experience? She was governor of a state. I understand that it's a relatively small state and that she only ran the place for a couple of years, but no experience?

No education? She doesn't have an ivy league sheepskin on her wall, but have we really come to the point where you have to be a Harvard or Yale man to be considered educated now? Please.

I doubt that she'd get my vote in a Republican primary, but I'm tired of slick talk being the number one criteria for a political candidate.

I think you've got a pretty good handle on the situation. I like what Palin represents, and that is a conservative, plain-spoken, outsider. She's become a rock star in conservative circles in much the same way Obama did in liberal circles. I don't want to see her nominated, but I would like the Republican establishment to open their eyes and realize that there are people clamoring for a return to conservative principles and that nominating a moderate like McCain is not the blueprint for victory.

Calcountry
11-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I totally agree! she reminds me of Obama~LMAO

Aries Walker
11-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I have no problem with a Presidential candidate who 'only' has a BA - Reagan and Bush The First only had as much - but hold it up next to a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law, it kind of pales in comparison. However, if a BA is all you have - in Mass Comm at that, based on a Beauty Pageant scholarship - you should have more resume padding on top of that than a few years as a small-state Governor, and the Mayorship of a town only half the size of her college.

I also have no problem with a plain-speaking candidate. Even if agreed with her on policies - which I certainly don't - and discounting the no-education and no-experience arguments, I still wouldn't vote for her for a number of reasons.

She has total ignorance in foreign affairs. She didn't even have a passport until 2006.

She completely flipped on the 'Bridge to Nowhere' thing, keeping the money and then changing her story when it was time to run for Veep.

The whole 'Firing Her Ex-Brother-In-Law' thing stinks.

She doesn't seem plain-spoken to me at all. She seems like someone trying to act plain-spoken, like Lamar Alexander did back in the day. She seems advisor-driven and overly rehearsed. Like, well, a beauty pageant contestant.

The big one: She resigned mid-term. Tossed down the keys and just walked away. This completely puzzled me, as it's a disastrous career move for someone with political aspirations. It is, however, the perfect career move for someone who's angling to make millions on the lecture, authorship, and consultation circuits. Which she has.

Add to this the numerous issues on which she believes exactly what I don't, and she's about the opposite of what I look for in a candidate.

SNR
11-28-2009, 12:40 PM

I doubt that she'd get my vote in a Republican primary, but I'm tired of slick talk being the number one criteria for a political candidate.She didn't fucking graduate college. You call that an education? I didn't say I wanted Harvard/Yale/Princeton from her.

If you think I'm the type of guy who is easily moved by how well somebody can articulate a point, you're wrong. But here's what I recognize: It's a very important characteristic. The founders were all educated in rhetoric and most of their successes came from their ability to convice other educated people their political views and convictions. I would have love to have seen Sarah Palin at the Continental Congress arguing over the Declaration of Independence. She would have made a giant ass of herself.

Though formal rhetoric has disappeared completely from political discourse these days, sounding like you know what the fuck you're talking about is something that will get you votes. Can you say you felt good about the Republican party when Palin was up there giving speeches and saying nothing but vague crap like, "we're gonna shake up Warshington"?

Here's a good example: Dick Cheney. You like this guy. He does not have that problem. He can say what needs to be said and say some things that will get him out of tough situations with the press/his opponents. Karl Rove is even better at this. Palin would put up a weak argument and then whine to FOX News about how the media asked her "Gotcha" questions.

This is all based upon what I've seen, patteau. The evidence is there because that's exactly how she acted in the face of pressure last election year.

I'll ask you a question: Did you HONESTLY feel good about the Republican Party/the future of America when you saw Sarah Palin act like an idiot on live TV?

Aries Walker
11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
She actually did graduate college, in spring 1987, from the U of Idaho. Degree in journalism.

Pioli Zombie
11-28-2009, 01:56 PM
i would so fuck the shit out of Palin
Oh yes. Gag her so she can't talk and fuck her brains out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
11-28-2009, 02:12 PM
nobody is scared of Palin

what's scary is the people that actually think she has anything of value to say

she's playing you

prob'ly right into a show on fox news

patteeu
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
She didn't ****ing graduate college. You call that an education? I didn't say I wanted Harvard/Yale/Princeton from her.

If you think I'm the type of guy who is easily moved by how well somebody can articulate a point, you're wrong. But here's what I recognize: It's a very important characteristic. The founders were all educated in rhetoric and most of their successes came from their ability to convice other educated people their political views and convictions. I would have love to have seen Sarah Palin at the Continental Congress arguing over the Declaration of Independence. She would have made a giant ass of herself.

Though formal rhetoric has disappeared completely from political discourse these days, sounding like you know what the **** you're talking about is something that will get you votes. Can you say you felt good about the Republican party when Palin was up there giving speeches and saying nothing but vague crap like, "we're gonna shake up Warshington"?

Here's a good example: Dick Cheney. You like this guy. He does not have that problem. He can say what needs to be said and say some things that will get him out of tough situations with the press/his opponents. Karl Rove is even better at this. Palin would put up a weak argument and then whine to FOX News about how the media asked her "Gotcha" questions.

This is all based upon what I've seen, patteau. The evidence is there because that's exactly how she acted in the face of pressure last election year.

I'll ask you a question: Did you HONESTLY feel good about the Republican Party/the future of America when you saw Sarah Palin act like an idiot on live TV?

She graduated (http://web.archive.org/web/20080417165654/http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php) from the University of Idaho in 1987.

I'll agree with you that Palin wasn't ready for some aspects of the national campaign last year. (Apparently, John McCain wasn't either, though.) I don't think that means that she is irredeemably unqualified though. Comparing her to a top notch pro who's been in DC for 4 decades like Dick Cheney doesn't make that case either, IMO. I think she's plenty smart to be qualified to be president and I think she has enough charisma that she could be a successful candidate if she invested enough time to prepare herself. The first impression she helped create (along with the smear job that amplified it) will be hard to overcome though. I'm personally turned off by her accent a little bit, but I won't let myself hold that against her.

irishjayhawk
11-29-2009, 10:18 AM
She graduated (http://web.archive.org/web/20080417165654/http://gov.state.ak.us/bio.php) from the University of Idaho in 1987.

I'll agree with you that Palin wasn't ready for some aspects of the national campaign last year. (Apparently, John McCain wasn't either, though.) I don't think that means that she is irredeemably unqualified though. Comparing her to a top notch pro who's been in DC for 4 decades like Dick Cheney doesn't make that case either, IMO. I think she's plenty smart to be qualified to be president and I think she has enough charisma that she could be a successful candidate if she invested enough time to prepare herself. The first impression she helped create (along with the smear job that amplified it) will be hard to overcome though. I'm personally turned off by her accent a little bit, but I won't let myself hold that against her.

Is Obama, IYO, smart enough for the Presidency?

patteeu
11-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Is Obama, IYO, smart enough for the Presidency?

It's his vision and, now that he's been doing the job for a year, his competency, that I question.

craneref
11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
She didn't ****ing graduate college. You call that an education? I didn't say I wanted Harvard/Yale/Princeton from her.

Though formal rhetoric has disappeared completely from political discourse these days, sounding like you know what the **** you're talking about is something that will get you votes. Can you say you felt good about the Republican party when Palin was up there giving speeches and saying nothing but vague crap like, "we're gonna shake up Warshington"?

No matter how you felt about Sarah Palin, she was treated togher than President Obama was. Show me one place where ANY one asked him what he thought of the Bush doctrine and where he differed. All Pesident Obama got was pandering on how handsome he was on the view and how articulate he was on every other interview. No one even bothered to ask him about lying about accepting government funding for the Presidency, when he said he would accpet the money, then reneged when he found out he could make more privately. Now argue that Vice President Biden is smarter than Palin! I can't imagine him as President, that seriously scares me. Not saying that Governer Palin was the smartest thing around, but she was no worse than the candidate onthe Democratic ticket and she would have looked just as smart with the softball questions that President Obama got.

Norman Einstein
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM
No matter how you felt about Sarah Palin, she was treated togher than President Obama was. Show me one place where ANY one asked him what he thought of the Bush doctrine and where he differed. All Pesident Obama got was pandering on how handsome he was on the view and how articulate he was on every other interview. No one even bothered to ask him about lying about accepting government funding for the Presidency, when he said he would accpet the money, then reneged when he found out he could make more privately. Now argue that Vice President Biden is smarter than Palin! I can't imagine him as President, that seriously scares me. Not saying that Governer Palin was the smartest thing around, but she was no worse than the candidate onthe Democratic ticket and she would have looked just as smart with the softball questions that President Obama got.

You can't say that shit, the liberals are blinded to the hows and whys Obama was treated differently, they can't see it because they don't want to know what he is really about. By the time they find out it may be to late for the country to recover.

SNR
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
You can't say that shit, the liberals are blinded to the hows and whys Obama was treated differently, they can't see it because they don't want to know what he is really about. By the time they find out it may be to late for the country to recover.Yeah. I'm a giant liberal. Just ask everybody around here. :spock:

Norman Einstein
11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah. I'm a giant liberal. Just ask everybody around here. :spock:

So you are an aberration, why would that get your jumpers tied in a knot?

Taco John
11-29-2009, 11:36 PM
The U of Idaho is a great college.

God bless my alma mater.

SNR
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
So you are an aberration, why would that get your jumpers tied in a knot?I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

stevieray
11-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah. I'm a giant liberal. Just ask everybody around here. :spock:
biden is in office has said stupid ass shit as well, yet you don't donate short stories to him...why is that?

reminds me of the left going after Hillary during the campaign.

Reaper16
11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
biden is in office has said stupid ass shit as well, yet you don't donate short stories to him...why is that?

reminds me of the left going after Hillary during the campaign.
Six paragraphs = short story? Even if so, what is the process for story donations? Are there people in need of a story?

SNR
11-30-2009, 02:14 AM

reminds me of the left going after Hillary during the campaign.I didn't realize I had to attack everybody I disagreed with in a clear, documented, notarized form in order to not be considered one of them.

How about this: I disagree with Joe Biden on a lot of stuff, including but not limited to health care reform, climate change legislation, taxes, and foreign policy.

Can I join your exclusive No Liberals Allowed club now?

Norman Einstein
11-30-2009, 06:44 AM
I don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Why am I not surprised? Maybe you should do more about understanding what you are talking about, it might make it easier to follow the conversation.

Pioli Zombie
11-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Loved that black dress she wore in the debate. Would like to bang her hard against a wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Why am I not surprised? Maybe you should do more about understanding what you are talking about, it might make it easier to follow the conversation. Let's review.

I criticize Sarah Palin for being a moron. You call me a liberal through a conversation with another poster in response to my post. I sarcastically say, "yeah, I'm a liberal" because I'm not. You call me an aberration.

What about this makes sense to you? I'm definitely missing something. Please enlighten me.

stevieray
11-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I didn't realize I had to attack everybody I disagreed with in a clear, documented, notarized form in order to not be considered one of them.

How about this: I disagree with Joe Biden on a lot of stuff, including but not limited to health care reform, climate change legislation, taxes, and foreign policy.

..it's a simple question, you might try answering it instead of playing us/them.

|Zach|
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I hope Palin keeps getting more momentum.

ROYC75
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM

This is what it boils down to. She got a different form of treatment from the press and since most of the press is Liberal, they attacked right away. She buckled right off because she wasn't ready for the attacks.

Now that she fights back, they can't stand it. All the while, she is making more money now than she was before and the Liberals are doing it. The more the Liberals attack her, the more she looks good to some people, all the while making the $$$$$$$.

Palin in 2012 ? I don't see it, I wouldn't vote for it right now because we do not know the choices we have.

As for comparing Palin vs Obama in a debate, I would like to see this. It's a ratings hit and the left would love to have their guy destroy her , if they can, so far that haven't. As weak as Obama has been in the WH so far, he's wearing a dress just as Palin would.

For myself in 2012, I haven't a clue yet, I was leaning Huck but this latest Wa. cop killing spree has some type of Huck ties from Arkansas ( at least what my wife has told me from the news today, I'm not watching so I don't know anything else.)

I know somebody good from the GOP needs to step up.

|Zach|
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Now that she fights back, they can't stand it.

You are just living in your own world.

SNR
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
..it's a simple question, you might try answering it instead of playing us/them.Why don't I attack Biden? Is that the question?

If it is, I'll tell you. I don't give a shit. He's the vice-president. He has LESS power than he did when he was a senator. He's absolutely worthless.

The stupid crap that he says has no effect whatsoever on the overall philosophy and movement of conservatism.

Guess what happens when you get an average independent voter watching the TV and he/she sees Palin speaking for conservatism? Cicero, she ain't. That means she's doing a BAD job at representing something which I think is important in government today.

I don't support the Republicans because they constantly put morons like Palin up as the leaders of their party. The Democrats can put as many Bidens, Kerrys, Reids, etc. as they want and I don't give a shit what comes out of their mouths.

Radar Chief
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I didn't realize I had to attack everybody I disagreed with in a clear, documented, notarized form in order to not be considered one of them.

I dunno, you’re not doing a very good job of passing the background check.
Have you learned the password and secret handshake yet? You know you can’t get your Religious Right and NRA decoder ring without at least accomplishing that, don’t you?

ROYC75
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
You are just living in your own world.

I wish it were that easy.

ROYC75
11-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Why don't I attack Biden? Is that the question?

If it is, I'll tell you. I don't give a shit. He's the vice-president. He has LESS power than he did when he was a senator. He's absolutely worthless.

The stupid crap that he says has no effect whatsoever on the overall philosophy and movement of conservatism.

Guess what happens when you get an average independent voter watching the TV and he/she sees Palin speaking for conservatism? Cicero, she ain't. That means she's doing a BAD job at representing something which I think is important in government today.

I don't support the Republicans because they constantly put morons like Palin up as the leaders of their party. The Democrats can put as many Bidens, Kerrys, Reids, etc. as they want and I don't give a shit what comes out of their mouths.

But yet Biden was on the ticket, same as Palin was.

I've said this several times before, we got the shaft when nobody credible ran for POTUS. The VPOTUS candidates were just as as horrible as the candidates for POTUS.

Norman Einstein
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Let's review.

I criticize Sarah Palin for being a moron. You call me a liberal through a conversation with another poster in response to my post. I sarcastically say, "yeah, I'm a liberal" because I'm not. You call me an aberration.

What about this makes sense to you? I'm definitely missing something. Please enlighten me.

Do you know what an aberration is?

SNR
11-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Do you know what an aberration is?I would define it as a false presentation of the truth.

You still haven't made a point yet. Cripes, now I know why your name is so infamous among the firmly established members here. This has really been my first opportunity to play intellectual grab ass with you and I must say, I don't like it one bit.

Norman Einstein
12-01-2009, 05:40 AM
I would define it as a false presentation of the truth.

You still haven't made a point yet. Cripes, now I know why your name is so infamous among the firmly established members here. This has really been my first opportunity to play intellectual grab ass with you and I must say, I don't like it one bit.

Definitions of aberration on the Web:

aberrance: a state or condition markedly different from the norm
a disorder in one's mental state
an optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Aberration is a 1997 film directed by Tim Boxell, about a woman trying to escape from mutant lizards in the woods. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_(film)

Aberration is an EP by the Oakland, California band Neurosis.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_(EP)

In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, aberration is a type of creature, or "creature type". ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)

Aberrations are departures of the performance of an optical system from the predictions of paraxial optics. Aberration leads to blurring of the image produced by an image-forming optical system. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_(optics)

The aberration of light (also referred to as astronomical aberration or stellar aberration) is an astronomical phenomenon which produces an ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_(astronomy)

The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type; A partial alienation of reason ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aberration

aberrative - Descriptive of an object or measurement that has deviated or been knocked, momentarily and sharply, from the more dominant, normal or expected ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aberrative

aberrated - Abnormal; distorted; irregular; atypical
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/aberrated

In lenses, it is a failure to form a perfect image. Two important types of aberration in photography to avoid are spherical and chromatic.
www.davegroth.com/terms/A.shtml

Blurred or distorted image quality that results from inherent physical properties (shape, curvature, density) of an optical device (lens or prism).
www.eyesightlaser.com.au/web/general_vision/definitions.html

1. In an imaging system, the failure to obtain a simple point-to-point correspondence between the astronomical object and the image, as in, eg chromatic aberration, spherical aberration. 2. ...
www.astron.nl/aips++/docs/glossary/a.html

Any inherent deficiency of a lens or optical system which is responsible for imperfections in shape or sharpness of the image.
www.dvrsecuritysystems.com/glossary_of_security.htm

Before you would be able to play any intellectual game you would have to have the ability to do so. From what I see there isn't a chance you would be involved in anything intellectual.

SNR
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Before you would be able to play any intellectual game you would have to have the ability to do so. From what I see there isn't a chance you would be involved in anything intellectual.OH JESUS FUCK! I JUST GOT RAPED BY TOM CASH AND A DICTIONARY! I NEED TO GO KILL MYSELF!!!!!!!11

First of all, I think it's an unspoken rule that if you say, "the English dictionary defines _____ as _____" you're a giant douchebag. Second of all, my own personal definition isn't all that far off from your dictionary defintion. Thirdly, do you fucking want me to start a thread asking if you possess any intellectual grace? I don't think there's one single fucking poster in this forum that respects you or what you have to say.

Let's take your holy almighty dictionary definition. "The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type; A partial alienation of reason." Please explain to me how I've been an aberration this thread.

According to you:

1. I think Sarah Palin is stupid
2. This makes me a liberal
3. I deny being a liberal
4. Me denying being a liberal makes me an aberration, which your dictionary definition claims is, "The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type; A partial alienation of reason."

You still make no sense whatsoever.

Norman Einstein
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
According to you:

1. I think Sarah Palin is stupid
2. This makes me a liberal
3. I deny being a liberal
4. Me denying being a liberal makes me an aberration, which your dictionary definition claims is, "The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type; A partial alienation of reason."

You still make no sense whatsoever.

OK asshole, show me each of the statements I made that make you feel that items 1-4 have any truth to them.

Aberration - away from the norm. Your vasilation between hate and love for any point is in your posts.

If I make no sense then why do you spend time making an ass out of yourself? Just use the ignore button, you seem incapable of just leaving things alone.

Have fun searching for what isn't there.

|Zach|
12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Tom, you still owe me papers from your lawyer.

Norman Einstein
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Hey Zach, you don't have a clue do you?

Reaper16
12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I like how CTTCS doesn't try any longer to act like he's not Tom.

|Zach|
12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey Zach, you don't have a clue do you?

So....am I not going to get those papers? Maybe?

SNR
12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
OK asshole, show me each of the statements I made that make you feel that items 1-4 have any truth to them.

Aberration - away from the norm. Your vasilation between hate and love for any point is in your posts.

If I make no sense then why do you spend time making an ass out of yourself? Just use the ignore button, you seem incapable of just leaving things alone.

Have fun searching for what isn't there.Post #39. If you want further citations, back up about 10 posts to watch the entire conversation unfold itself in slow motion.

Hey, that was easy.

By the way, I've never once used the ignore feature. If I really hate somebody, I usually want to see what kind of an ass they made of themselves.

Norman Einstein
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Post #39. If you want further citations, back up about 10 posts to watch the entire conversation unfold itself in slow motion.

Hey, that was easy.

By the way, I've never once used the ignore feature. If I really hate somebody, I usually want to see what kind of an ass they made of themselves.

Thanks for adding me to your hate list. I'm sure that must mean something in your book.

Norman Einstein
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
So....am I not going to get those papers? Maybe?

I have zero idea of what the fuck you are talking about.

BIG_DADDY
12-01-2009, 07:10 PM

I have zero idea of what the **** you are talking about.

Divorce can be sooooooooo nasty.

Reaper16
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
I have zero idea of what the fuck you are talking about.
Bullshit, Tom.