PDA

View Full Version : Media Was it just me...

fan4ever
11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
...or did anyone else think this commercial looked like a skit from SNL? "Is there anything this man can't do"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdzRZ_a7KqU

KCWolfman
11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
I liked it. It was a positive message for all, for a change.

At least it had Brees throwing the ball. I have seen the POTUS throw a baseball. Between that girly throw and the maternity jeans he was wearing during that pitch I was sure a black Clay Aiken was on the mound opening the All Star Game.

Norman Einstein
11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I know presidents participate in events like this all the time, at the moment I think there are more pressing matters to handle.

KCWolfman
11-27-2009, 10:36 AM
I know presidents participate in events like this all the time, at the moment I think there are more pressing matters to handle.

Not at all. The man probably works double of what a full time employee does. Taking time off for a positive message is a good thing.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Not at all. The man probably works double of what a full time employee does. Taking time off for a positive message is a good thing.

No president in my lifetime has ever desired the camera as much a Barry. Yes it is a nice message but I am weary of his face time. It is like he has never quit campaigning~

fan4ever
11-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I just thought that having HIM catch the throw, instead of one of the kids, was just hilarious.

Commercial wouldn't have seemed so silly to me if he were just playing with the kids or whatever, but having it be him making the catch had me laughing.

And was that Polamalu trailing him? Did he burn him in order to be open for that pass?

Damn! He's wasting his talents in D.C.

Calcountry
11-27-2009, 11:54 AM
No president in my lifetime has ever desired the camera as much a Barry. Yes it is a nice message but I am weary of his face time. It is like he has never quit campaigning~No chit. After that, I expected his shit ass grin to pop out in every commercial. For the sake of the country, he really needs to get over himself.

Pioli Zombie
11-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Put this thread in the category "Nothing he does is right".
For Fucks sake, pick your battles guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Norman Einstein
11-28-2009, 06:57 AM
For ****s sake, pick your battles guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

If he had done anything right there wouldn't be any ammunition for us to use. Check his track record, read behind the lines of that commercial. I see it as just another way to get in front of the camera. It's been pointed out that rather than to let the kid get the pass he intercepted the ball, kind of like everything that's been done to "benefit" the poor, it's being intercepted by the administration for the betterment of whom? Obama is the whom I'm speaking of here, he has motives that are not really in line with what he says. Until he proves that concept different there are many around that will believe it and run with it.

fan4ever
11-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just pointing out how silly the ad was; it was a United Way ad; not officially an Obama "campaign" ad although I'm sure it had to have his final OK.

"Who's Brees throwing to? Is is the little girl? The little boy? Wait! Hold on a second? Can it be? Is that him? It IS him! Can he catch it? Yes . . . yes he can!"

patteeu
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
I just thought that having HIM catch the throw, instead of one of the kids, was just hilarious.

Commercial wouldn't have seemed so silly to me if he were just playing with the kids or whatever, but having it be him making the catch had me laughing.

And was that Polamalu trailing him? Did he burn him in order to be open for that pass?

Damn! He's wasting his talents in D.C.

Yeah, overall I don't see anything wrong with the commercial, but when it started, it looked like Brees was going to throw to one of the kids and then Obama appears out of no where to catch (intercept?) the ball and steal the focus of the camera. To me, that part definitely had an SNL feel to it.

Calcountry
11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Posted via Mobile DeviceSeriously. If you were an enemy of this country, and you wanted to weaken it, is there anything that Barack Hussein Obama has done, that you would do differently?

Pioli Zombie
11-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Seriously. If you were an enemy of this country, and you wanted to weaken it, is there anything that Barack Hussein Obama has done, that you would do differently?
The United Way commercial has weakened the country? You're an idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

RINGLEADER
11-29-2009, 10:37 AM
I liked it. It was a positive message for all, for a change.

At least it had Brees throwing the ball. I have seen the POTUS throw a baseball. Between that girly throw and the maternity jeans he was wearing during that pitch I was sure a black Clay Aiken was on the mound opening the All Star Game.

I agree. Maybe a little melodramatic but c'mon.

Though I would have LOVED to be playing defense on that particular play. Obama over the middle -- POW!

Just kidding of course Mister President...

RINGLEADER
11-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Seriously. If you were an enemy of this country, and you wanted to weaken it, is there anything that Barack Hussein Obama has done, that you would do differently?

Different point for a different thread...

"Bob" Dobbs
11-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Just one catch? While wide open? That Obama guy is a bust.