PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

HonestChieffan
11-27-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/

Aug 24, 2009 Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C.. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients.

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim..

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legistlative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety are far more valuable than yours or mine.. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, manage our money, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 10:30 AM
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety are far more valuable than yours or mine.. But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, manage our money, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
It is the same with Barry care, why was there ever a question about them using the same system they are trying to force on us? Useless shitbags everyone of them. Our entire government is an embarrassment~

KCWolfman
11-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I seem to remember Rosie O'Donnell had the same viewpoint as long as her bodyguard was the only citizen with a gun.

Saul Good
11-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Liberal hypocrisy is so dog bites man.

HonestChieffan
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I d carry a backup if I had to be around that sow

Bwana
11-27-2009, 10:56 AM
ROFL

Oh, that's rich. Hypocrite much?

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 10:58 AM
ROFL

Oh, that's rich. Hypocrite much?

It is the first time I rooted for the intruder~

Rain Man
11-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll bet he's on record being against pedophilia, too. Someone should check his computer.

Frazod
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
That's awesome. I hope the press doesn't let up on this prick.

Bwana
11-27-2009, 11:16 AM

Are you kidding? Most of the press will ignor it because the guy is a lib. The only ones to get on him will be Fox.

jjjayb
11-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Let up? That means they'd have to actually report on it first. This won't even be a blip on the lib media's radar.

HonestChieffan
11-27-2009, 11:28 AM
like when that lib black writer did same thing a few years ago. No one said squat afraid they would get race carded plus he was a fellowlib.

Aries Walker
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd be able to believe this more easily if it wasn't written from an obviously slanted point of view. The link actually goes to a much shorter and more neutral article. Where did this one come from?

banyon
11-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Aug 24, 2009 Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C.. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties.

Why is this guy a "victim"? Shouldn't he be identified as a "f*cking burglar"?

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Because as the Senator has fought so hard to convince people how terrible guns are. This guy is a victim of an evil gun owner. The fine Senator should apologize to him pay for all his medical bills. Stinking gun owner :shake:

banyon
11-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Also pretty shoddy on the "anti-gun" part of it.

That claim appears to originate from this website which gave him 1 star on guns:

http://grnc.org/remember_november/

**** - Expected to agree with conservative gun owners on at least 90% of gun issues
*** - Expected to agree with conservative gun owners on at least 80% of gun issues
** - Expected to agree with conservative gun owners on at least 70% of gun issues
* - Expected to agree with conservative gun owners on at least 60% of gun issues
0 - Expected to agree with conservative gun owners on less than 60% of gun issues or else candidate failed to return survey & insufficient information exists to make evaluation. Is he / she hiding something?

Only 60%-70%? Oh noes, he's anti-gun!

Dallas Chief
11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Are you feeling ok counselor??? I think you may have a pernicious fever or something.:)

RJ
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey HCF, why for the link isn't to the article posted?

I'm wondering what makes him an "anti-gun advocate"? For instance, I'm against the sale of automatic weapons to the general public, but I certainly have no issue with gun ownership in general. Does that make me an anti-gun advocate?

RJ
11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Also pretty shoddy on the "anti-gun" part of it.

That claim appears to originate from this website which gave him 1 star on guns:

http://grnc.org/remember_november/

Only 60%-70%? Oh noes, he's anti-gun!

Well, there's my answer. I shoulda oughta googled.

But why the link to a different article?

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey HCF, why for the link isn't to the article posted?

I'm wondering what makes him an "anti-gun advocate"? For instance, I'm against the sale of automatic weapons to the general public, but I certainly have no issue with gun ownership in general. Does that make me an anti-gun advocate?

He is a longtime gun control advocate and his hypocrisy reflects in his actions and his voting record. Being a two faced lying sack of shit is pretty much a must to work in politics~

banyon
11-27-2009, 05:52 PM
He is a longtime gun control advocate and his hypocrisy reflects in his actions and his voting record. Being a two faced lying sack of shit is pretty much a must to work in politics~

Did you not see my post about his record? Do you have a more definite "anti-gun" record to look at?

banyon
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Well, there's my answer. I shoulda oughta googled.

But why the link to a different article?

I think it is actually a blog post spliced together with the real article. The only post I could find that was near the time of the article was this on, it looks close. I think it has been modified a couple of times:

http://standupforamerica.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/the-idiots-on-the-fringes/

See comment 21 from "Black Flag"

banyon
11-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow, the NRA gave him a grade of "A".

What, no A+? "Anti-gun!" :cuss:

http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?r_id=4265

This was just some editorialized BS in this post apparently to try to make up a story that would outrage people. From a journalism standpoint, it's the equivalent of that girl carving the backwards "B" on her face.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Did you not see my post about his record? Do you have a more definite "anti-gun" record to look at?

Are you saying he is not known to be in favor of gun control? Do I really have to google instances of him proclaiming this? His record is flip flop and what a shock that is. In the back door deal do whatever to stay elected world of politics he fits in wonderfully. I guess because he is a dem you feel the need to defend him. Carry on as I don't really feel he is worth the effort of a DC pissing match~

banyon
11-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Are you saying he is not known to be in favor of gun control? Do I really have to google instances of him proclaiming this? His record is flip flop and what a shock that is. In the back door deal do whatever to stay elected world of politics he fits in wonderfully. I guess because he is a dem you feel the need to defend him. Carry on as I don't really feel he is worth the effort of a DC pissing match~

So, the NRA is incorrect then? Are they anti-gun too?

I did look and I couldn't find anything legitimate except just a conclusory allegation from people trying to spread this article.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 06:19 PM
So, the NRA is incorrect then? Are they anti-gun too?

I did look and I couldn't find anything legitimate except just a conclusory allegation from people trying to spread this article.

http://grnc.org/remember_november/ http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/youll_get_his_gun
He is rated a one star. He is far from pro gun. He is not as bad as most of the left when it comes to gun panic but is far from a defender

banyon
11-27-2009, 06:20 PM
http://grnc.org/remember_november/ http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/youll_get_his_gun
He is rated a one star. He is far from pro gun. He is not as bad as most of the left when it comes to gun panic but is far from a defender

Did you read the explanation of what 1 star meant on the site? I already posted it in this thread.

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Did you read the explanation of what 1 star meant on the site? I already posted it in this thread.

Yes I did

banyon
11-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes I did

So if I support the objectives of the NRA less than 70% of the time, you think it's fair to call me "anti-gun"?

Pioli Zombie
11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Liberal hypocrisy is so dog bites man.
You mean like Pro Family Value types like Sanford and Gingrich and Toilet boy who fuck around on their wives. Naaaah. Only liberals are hypocrites.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 06:41 PM
So if I support the objectives of the NRA less than 70% of the time, you think it's fair to call me "anti-gun"?

Banny I am pro gun all the way so with less than 70% I starting to think you might be a commie pinko :)

banyon
11-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Banny I am pro gun all the way so with less than 70% I starting to think you might be a commie pinko :)

Fair enough. I'm definitely for felons and psychos NOT having access to the same weaponry that you do, so I'll risk the "B" grade from the NRA. :D

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Fair enough. I'm definitely for felons and psychos NOT having access to the same weaponry that you do, so I'll risk the "B" grade from the NRA. :D

I don't want them to have guns either... speaking strictly off the record I am pro gun I want to be clear on that~

morphius
11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
It sounds fairly typical, I'm smarter and know what is best for everyone else, but being part of the ruling class I don't need to abide by the same rules as all you lower class peasants. It would crack me up, except nobody will hold him accountable for it.

Aries Walker
11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Are people still paying attention to this article? It's not even news; it's a deliberately-incendiary pieced-together blog designed to get people pissed off. The guy who wrote it wants attention, has an obvious agenda, is not bound by the ethics rules for reporters, and probably made up whatever he didn't know. It has zero credibility.

Hey everyone, Tom Brady is actually a Mongolian warlord with bionic arms and an alien worm growing in his skull. Wait, I'll type up a blog post. Let's make a thread about it!

RedNeckRaider
11-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Are people still paying attention to this article? It's not even news; it's a deliberately-incendiary pieced-together blog designed to get people pissed off. The guy who wrote it wants attention, has an obvious agenda, is not bound by the ethics rules for reporters, and probably made up whatever he didn't know. It has zero credibility.

Hey everyone, Tom Brady is actually a Mongolian warlord with bionic arms and an alien worm growing in his skull. Wait, I'll type up a blog post. Let's make a thread about it!

http://www.wwaytv3.com/democratic_senator_basnight_speaks_out_about_soles/10/2009
http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/local_news/coastal/613670/sen--soles-shoots--injures-man-during-home-invasion/?ap=1&=Flash
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20090823/ARTICLES/908239980?Title=State-Sen-R-C-Soles-shoots-one-of-two-home-intruders

Yep it was all made up by some guy who writes a blog~

KCTitus
11-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Awesome...that's one more vote for law abiding citizens to protect themselves.

Anything less than 100% or A+ or whatever the rating scale might be, from now on, makes him a hypocrite.

banyon
11-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Awesome...that's one more vote for law abiding citizens to protect themselves.

Anything less than 100% or A+ or whatever the rating scale might be, from now on, makes him a hypocrite.

I hope this is a joke.

Rain Man
11-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Banyon may have just given me my first inkling that perhaps I can't believe everything I read on the Internet.

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
People who support taking our guns should be shot.

banyon
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
People who support taking our guns should be shot.

What was it P.T. Barnum always used to say?