PDA

View Full Version : Obama BarryO's Job parties. Good lord.

HonestChieffan
12-02-2009, 11:25 AM
You cannot make this shit up.

Heck of a Job (Policy), Barry!
Home - by SnarkandBoobs - December 1, 2009 - 20:01 America/Chicago -

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/

OK, now Obama’s presidency is becoming super embarrassing. I honestly feel like someone is going to come out and pat him on the head all patronizingly. His latest Jobs Forum, (kind of like a Summit, I think, only not as fancy pants)(http://www.sidetick.com/blog.php?user=20923&blogentry_id=1228) to be hosted on Thursday, is yet another example of how woefully unprepared and hopelessly in over his head he is.

Today, the Obama White House sent out an email (under spokesperson Valerie Jarrett’s name) reminding supporters that the President will be “hosting a discussion at the White House [this Thursday] to explore every possible avenue for job creation” (a discussion to which, I might add, the Chamber of Commerce has apparently not been invited).

Jarrett writes: “You can join the discussion by organizing your own jobs forum with your family, friends, and co-workers -- because these conversations can take place in living rooms and conference tables, not just arenas and convention centers.”

As the article notes, the Chamber of Commerce has evidently not been invited. See, they might actually have some practical ideas to implement; that’s not as fun as sitting around and having a nice “rap session”. Like we all should do in our livings rooms! Gather around and share the ONE page of classified job listings with your neighbors. Make it FUNemployment! I see one useful reason for his childish and inane idea – people can gather in a living room to huddle up and share body heat when you can’t afford your gas bill.

Here’s a tip for you, Barry. Firstly, stop with the ridiculous super-serious face! That always makes me cringe, especially when it is combined with almost incomprehensible rhetoric — rhetoric that shows that you’ve never owned a business, ran a business or even worked for an actual business. It simply makes you look like a little boy playing “business Daddy” dress-up.

Secondly, people need to WORK, not to chatter endlessly about good intentions and meaning well and feel good-y nonsense. You know how you can help that? Stop bailing out crappy businesses. Stop regulating the good ones out of business. Stop taxing them out of employing people.

There! That was my living room meet and greet. Don’t say I never did anything for you.

wild1
12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
That's sort of like when his mentor Jimmy Carter told people in the northeast to put on sweaters instead of expecting him to do something about the energy crisis.

jjjayb
12-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I guess he needs to have a job creation forum because he has no real clue about business and creating jobs. He is a lawyer who surrounds himself with other lawyers. What would he know about creating jobs? Has he ever even had one?

http://biggovernment.com/files/2009/11/obamacabinet.jpg

Calcountry
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
This is his thought process: Spend trillion in stimulus, then go out and talk about all these damn deficits. Commit troops to war, then talk about when he is pulling out.