PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Glenn Beck's Christmas Sweater

Direckshun
12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Anybody going to this tomorrow?

I've got my $20 tickets (yes, they cost $20 -- Glenn Beck cares about the common working stiff).

I've got my posse.

And I've got the candy that I'll be sneaking in (Glenn Beck would approve -- movie theatres want to prevent an open market by monopolizing your movie snacks).

And I'll be going to enjoy 2 hours of riproaring Beckisms.

How many Hitler/Stalin references are you betting we see?

Is anybody else going?

BucEyedPea
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh I used to do things like that. I called it "'liberal bashing."
Do you call yours Conservative-basing, NeoCon bashing or CINO/RINO bashing?

cardken
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Beck is another idiot talking head pundent with no political background to stand on. So listen to the idiot rave on, someone has to.

Guru
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I hope you enjoy it. I've heard great things about this show.

InChiefsHell
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Since the show is not political, I think you'll be disappointed.

KCWolfman
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Beck is another idiot talking head pundent with no political background to stand on. So listen to the idiot rave on, someone has to.

Wh, some of those idiots get elected to states like Minnesota.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
12-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Since the show is not political, I think you'll be disappointed.

Massively disappointed.

This was a bloated 2-hour Christmas special that ended like a Dr. Phil show.

That's fine for some people, I suppose, but I wanted the Glenn Beck radio program in movie format, not a fucking Christmas special.

Guru
12-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Massively disappointed.

That's fine for some people, I suppose, but I wanted the Glenn Beck radio program in movie format, not a ****ing Christmas special.You didn't even know what it was about before you went?

mikey23545
12-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Massively disappointed.

That's fine for some people, I suppose, but I wanted the Glenn Beck radio program in movie format, not a ****ing Christmas special.

You're kinda stupid, aren't you?

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
In Direks defense, I had similar experience Sunday. I really wanted to see some smash mouth good old fashioned football. But the Chiefs played and it just was not what I had hoped for. Cost a lot more though.

Direckshun
12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
You didn't even know what it was about before you went?

I knew it was a Glenn Beck show. Thaaaaaat's about it.

Brock
12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Separating fools from their money seems to be what Beck is good at.

Chief Henry
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Wh, some of those idiots get elected to states like Minnesota.
Posted via Mobile Device

:clap: that will leave a mark

Chief Henry
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Massively disappointed.

That's fine for some people, I suppose, but I wanted the Glenn Beck radio program in movie format, not a ****ing Christmas special.

You should do your homework away from the democrat underground and the daily kos.

Direckshun
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
You should do your homework away from the democrat underground and the daily kos.

It's really not that big of a deal.

The experience was worth it for so many reasons, and I learned a lot about the kind of guy Glenn Beck is, which will help in future discussions I have with his fans on forums such as this board. But I was incredibly disappointed that he completely held his fire on politics during the movie.

But that's not a knock on the event -- this was an event Beck didn't have to do, and it was largely centered around a positive, religious, and life-affirming message. Other than the fact that it isn't my idea of entertainment, I have no problem with that and give Beck props for contributing something positive that obviously had a huge affect on the audience at the screening I attended.

In the factoids leading up to the movie weren't the typical movie-trivia facts. Instead, they were political nuggets slamming liberals and even posting a few pieces of hatemail that called Beck worse than Hitler. Before a Christmas special.

So I was expecting at least a wink towards politics, but nada.

acesn8s
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
In Direks defense, I had similar experience Sunday. I really wanted to see some smash mouth good old fashioned football. But the Chiefs played and it just was not what I had hoped for. Cost a lot more though.

You didn't even know what it was about before you went? -Guru