PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama: We've Stopped Losing Jobs and Tarp Funds Can Go To Deficit Reduction...

RINGLEADER
12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
"On Friday we got the best jobs report we've gotten in a very long time. It significantly beat expectations. At minimum it showed that for all practical purposes we've stopped losing jobs."

then this gem...

"With respect to TARP specifically, I think you saw stories today and you've seen stories over the last several weeks, that TARP has turned out to be much cheaper than we had expected. Though not cheap. It means that some of that money can be devoted to deficit reduction. And the question is are there selective approaches that are consistent with the original goals of TARP, for example making sure that small businesses are still getting lending, that would be appropriate for accellerating job growth."

Huh?

Didn't the Dems tell us all through 2004 that we had to add more than 100,000+ jobs a month just to keep up with the pace of new workers entering the workforce?

And now we're going to use the money that we borrowed to add to the deficit to pay down the deficit?

This guy is a complete joke.

No wonder his polls have dropped 40-points in the last year.

petegz28
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
1 net job has yet to be created

cookster50
12-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Obama said the job market has stopped losing jobs, so it must be true.

RINGLEADER
12-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Obama said the job market has stopped losing jobs, so it must be true.

It's stupid politically.

What happens if unemployment goes back up? What happens if growth slows in Q4 or Q1? Not saying that's what I want, of course, just stupid politically for Obama to stick his neck out. Unnecessary too. The more he tries to own the good news (if that's what you call it) the less he can do to back away from it later. He'll try, but the polls say most aren't buying anymore...

Calcountry
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I think i'll call a press, conFERENCE. We must do sumthin, aaaaaahhbout this defiCIT!

I think we will, uhh, spend the tarp money and, uh, create more JOBS! cause you all know, that, uhhh, unless we do somethin, the tarp don't pay the RENT.