PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues See, these are things we never even think about.

HonestChieffan
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I like Pasta. I bet you do too.

Hard to eat pasta with a red sauce wearing a white shirt. But hell thats nothing. Watch these Muslim babes eating some good pasta while wearing their burqas.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6d3_1260157428"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6d3_1260157428" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Cannibal
12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
God that is fuckin silly.

BucEyedPea
12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I like Pasta. I bet you do too.

Hard to eat pasta with a red sauce wearing a white shirt. But hell thats nothing. Watch these Muslim babes eating some good pasta while wearing their burqas.

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6d3_1260157428"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6d3_1260157428" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

OMG What a pain that must be! But it's pretty funny! LMAO Look at the guy reading the paper peering out of the corner of his eye.

Jenson71
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
How do you feel about women wearing that? Is it suppression? Should they be able to? Do you think they want to? Some Muslim women swear they love it, or if not the full garb, at least the hijah. On my campus, there are young Muslim women that wear it everyday. Once I talked to an Arab female student from the UAE and she said they were all ignorant for doing that.

kcfanXIII
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
i won't touch this subject with a ten foot pole. i'm not going to judge another culture. i guess the best i can do is if the woman is comfortable in it, go for it.

Saul Good
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
How do you feel about women wearing that? Is it suppression? Should they be able to? Do you think they want to? Some Muslim women swear they love it, or if not the full garb, at least the hijah. On my campus, there are young Muslim women that wear it everyday. Once I talked to an Arab female student from the UAE and she said they were all ignorant for doing that.

I think it's pretty great. Some Muslim women extol the virtues of female circumcision, too. I embrace all things Islamic. Those who don't are simply misrepresenting them. Take it from Ifeyinwa Iweriebor. Yes, THE Ifeyinwa Iweriebor.

http://www.h-net.org/~africa/sources/clitorodectomy.html
Brief Reflections on Clitorodectomy
by Ifeyinwa Iweriebor
Black Women in Publishing, New York

There has in recent times been a hue and cry about the practice of genital surgery on women in Africa. The prevailing perspective in America has been absolute condemnation. What is bothersome is not so much that people have a negative opinion of the practice, but that the issue is misrepresented as a form of child abuse or a tool of gender oppression. The language and tone of the outcry in most cases reflects a total lack of respect for the culture of other peoples. Even more bothersome is the false portrayal: the falsification of statistics and a successful demonization of the practitioners.

There may be an on-going debate about the effects or necessity for the procedure, but the essential truth is that the practitioners do not perform genital surgery on their girls, (nor on their sons for that matter) to oppress them or do them any harm. For them the procedure is carried out for the noblest of reasons, the best of intentions and in good faith. The fact that it can be performed in public in the countries that permit it demonstrates that the practitioners do not consider it dirty laundry or a dark hidden secret.

All over the world, innumerable reasons abound for the practice of genital surgery of both sexes, a procedure that dates back to a least 5,000 B.C. Broadly, they can be categorized according to health, religion, social, political and cultural considerations. While there has always been debate about the hows, whys and effects of the procedure, in recent times the genital surgery of women and girl children has been embroiled in contentious controversy.

In Africa, the rationale for genital surgery are as diverse as the continent itself. However one overriding perspective is that it is conceptualized as a process that applies to both men and women. Hence a framework that differentiates it according to gender is not a useful tool of analysis.

Be that as it may, here are some of the posited reasons for carrying out the procedure on women. For some cultures it is a component of a rite of passage to socially acceptable adulthood. For others it is a nuptial necessity. For yet others, it is a mark of courage, particularly where it is carried out on older people. For some it is a reproductive aid, increasing fertility. For others, it enhances sexuality. Many parents want surgery done on their daughters because it protects them from would-be seducers and rapists.

Brock
12-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Some women like being beaten by their husbands too. Who are we to judge?

BucEyedPea
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM

I don't judge that culture. It's none of my business.
How do nuns feel on a 98 summer day with 98% humidity?Or monks?
Or what about the ones who take vows of silence and never speak again.
I just think the vid is funny is all.

KCWolfman
12-07-2009, 09:19 PM
God that is fuckin silly.

No more silly than the American Culture of getting ink shoved under their skin in patterns they don't understand, tearing huge holes in their earlobes, getting their nipples pierced, or getting a males hairdo that looks like a pinched off piece of poop.
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 07:23 AM
I thought the vid was funny. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in daily life and all the issues around us we seem to forget funny.