PDA

View Full Version : Obama New Gallup Poll: Lite approval at 47%

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Ouch. Guess the number of people still believing is dwindling. Lite appears to have the lowest number in December for any first term POTUS.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124610/Brief-Uptick-Obama-Approval-Slips.aspx?CSTS=addthis

BigRedChief
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Ouch. Guess the number of people still believing is dwindling.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124610/Brief-Uptick-Obama-Approval-Slips.aspx?CSTS=addthis

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/sqczl14uvkcmey8irwsmca.gif
Regan, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton all had similiar #'s and were re-elected. Just because many like myself think he is underperforming doesn't mean they are ready to support someone else. Who's better? Palin?ROFL

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't think the issue is Palin.

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Regan, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton all had similiar #'s and were re-elected. Just because many like myself think he is underperforming doesn't mean they are ready to support someone else. Who's better? Palin?ROFL

I'm not saying he won't be reelected. We elected Regular twice. You are right, he might get EIGHT years of suckage. We have a history of choosing to be bent over and then choosing to ask for more.

BigRedChief
12-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't think the issue is Palin.Who said it was?

vailpass
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM

If you consider the current occupier of the White House to be on par with any of the 4 you mention above I'd very much like to know why.

BigRedChief
12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
If you consider the current occupier of the White House to be on par with any of the 4 you mention above I'd very much like to know why.
I was just talking poll #'s. Obviously, they were in the same predicament with the American public that Obama is in right now. Whether he pulls it out and recovers like they did....TBD

RINGLEADER
12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
If you combine the average of the last five polls taken Obama is now at 47.6% approving, 47.6% disapproving. The guy wiped out a 40+ point positive in six months. It's no surprise that his fall coincides with the abomination that is Obamacare.

RaiderH8r
12-08-2009, 09:21 AM
People recognize that the Barackalypse has begun and they don't like it.

banyon
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Hillary would've been awesome!

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, Hillary would've been awesome!

ROFL

You know things are bad when bar is set with comparisons are to Hillary, Edwards or Palin.

Poor Lite supporters. ROFLROFLROFL

banyon
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
ROFL

You know things are bad when bar is set with comparisons are to Hillary, Edwards or Palin.

Poor Lite supporters. ROFLROFLROFL

Uh, with the exception of Palin, those low bar people were who you wanted instead.

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Uh, with the exception of Palin, those low bar people were who you wanted instead.

People who I have since recognized were not worthy of the job or my support.

When you gonna get there with your boy?

banyon
12-08-2009, 10:20 AM

This is a presidency, not a week of American Idol.

I haven't yet seen one thing, negative or positive that has permanently impacted the remainder of his term or how he will be judged by the lens of history.

so far, it's a lot of lip service and political calculation, which except for the disastrous economy he inherited, puts him on par with the first term of Clinton who also accomplished nothing of merit.

vailpass
12-08-2009, 10:27 AM

I haven't yet seen one thing, negative or positive that has permanently impacted the remainder of his term or how he will be judged by the lens of history.

so far, it's a lot of lip service and political calculation, which except for the disastrous economy he inherited, puts him on par with the first term of Clinton who also accomplished nothing of merit.

Seriously?

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Racist

banyon
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Seriously?

Uh, yeah. That's why I said it.

I mean it in a broad perspective, historical -"it will matter in 4 years" sense and not the "what's Hannity or Beck going to hyperventilate about for 72 hours sense".

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Racist

Uh-oh.

ROFL

fan4ever
12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
If he gets re-elected I'll be totally shocked. He was elected by a lot of people with their hands out that he'll never be able to fill.

Chief Henry
12-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Seriously?

He's smoking something...barack has spent more money in his first year than
W did in 8. :eek:

BigRedChief
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
If he gets re-elected I'll be totally shocked. He was elected by a lot of people with their hands out that he'll never be able to fill.yeah, well most people thought he wouldn't get elected in the first place.

BucEyedPea
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
....which except for the disastrous economy he inherited,

LMAO

Boy is this getting old by this point in time. Hope he's not as much a no responsibility case as Clinton was.

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
LMAO

Boy is this getting old by this point in time. Hope he's not as much a no responsibility case as Clinton was.

racist

banyon
12-08-2009, 12:15 PM
racist

i guess this is the new tactic. Can't argue the substance, so allude to fake race baiting.

the reverse race card: Disagree with me and I'll accuse you of accusing me of being a racist.

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
i guess this is the new tactic. Can't argue the substance, so allude to fake race baiting.

the reverse race card: Disagree with me and I'll accuse you of accusing me of being a racist.

Actually no, it was done "tongue in Cheek". Its a playful poke of a sort that is sometimes done on boards like this. Nuance is hard sometimes to understand. I would never allude to BEP as being a racist. I think that is understood.

banyon
12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Actually no, it was done "tongue in Cheek". Its a playful poke of a sort that is sometimes done on boards like this. Nuance is hard sometimes to understand. I would never allude to BEP as being a racist. I think that is understood.

What is understood is you were ridiculing those who would disagree with you by painting them as irrational race baiters, which is pretty much what I said. Not that I expect you to actually own up to that though.

TIC- Boy you sure are a dullard, huh, - Tounge-in-cheek, it's okay! ;) Right? Wink, wink, nudge nudge!

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
why would you care in the first place? I understand your confusion. But no that is not the case at all.

You seem to have a bit of an attitude. Everything ok?

banyon
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
why would you care in the first place? I understand your confusion. But no that is not the case at all.

You seem to have a bit of an attitude. Everything ok?

I care because you were replying to a response that I made. If you can't understand you were interjecting yourself into that, perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with the concept of a message board again.

My attitude is that this forum is once again polluted with dishonestly titled zero-2 post garbage from your inbox that you can't discuss anyway.

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
OK. just wondering. Wanted to at least ask cause you seem a bit off your game and little bit touchy.

banyon
12-08-2009, 12:45 PM
OK. just wondering. Wanted to at least ask cause you seem a bit off your game and little bit touchy.

What can I say? Your unyielding, cowardly partisan dishonesty sometimes irritates me.

DJ's left nut
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
yeah, well most people thought he wouldn't get elected in the first place.

Yeah, but that was before he rallied the "We ain't gonna have to pay our bills no more" crowd.

There's no denying that he pandered to the entitlement classes throughout his campaign.

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah, well most people thought he wouldn't get elected in the first place.

So no one thought Todd Haley would get hired. That excuses his suckage?

Pants
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
So no one thought Todd Haley would get hired. That excuses his suckage?

Horrible analogy on so many levels.

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Horrible analogy on so many levels.

Actually, I think there are a number of parallels.

Rookie asked to do a veteran's job at a point where the country/team is at a low point of their most recent existence. Failing miserably and blaming the prior administration. Ridiculous short term bandaids presented as fixes.

SNR
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
So no one thought Todd Haley would get hired. That excuses his suckage?Chiefs had to hire someone.

Much in the same way this country had to elect someone. Even if the choices out there were fucking awful.

keg in kc
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Holy cow, she's still upset that Hillary lost?

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:19 PM

When you gonna get there with your boy?Racist.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM

so far, it's a lot of lip service and political calculation, which except for the disastrous economy he inherited, puts him on par with the first term of Clinton who also accomplished nothing of merit.As much as I disagree with you on policy, you at least have rational thought inside your head. Trying to have a conversation with that bitch is like trying to talk to a post that is buzzing with flys. Try as you might, the answer will always be the same.

I mean, she thinks that BO is Bush lite, as in less filling, tastes great. How the fug can she get there. I mean, I can't get my fugging hands around it. Bush, by any stretch of the immagination of any sane person, was fiscally liberal. He held the record of deficits until this dude got in there. So if anything, BO is Bush supersized, not fuggin lite.

Do you see what I mean Banyon?

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
RacistI concur, mods. Meme needs to be banned immediately for racially insensitive remarks.

NewChief
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey, this should get his numbers back up! (hopefully not a repost)

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/02/crimesider/entry5864845.shtml
PALMVIEW, Texas (CBS/AP) President Barack Obama's approval rating may be hovering in the 50 percent range, but that doesn't mean America's Commander-in-Chief isnít catching on with new constituents.

There is now a line of Ecstasy pills made in the image of the 44th president of the United States, according to Texas police who have snatched a batch off the streets.

Ecstasy is known for a sense of elation, diminished feelings of fear and anxiety, and ability to induce a sense of intimacy with others.

Perhaps a good Election Day strategy to get out the vote?

A stash of the brightly colored tablets was found Monday during a south Texas traffic stop.

Police in Palmview detained a driver after finding black tar heroin, cocaine, marijuana and several Ecstasy pills in the back of his car.

The drugs look like a "vitamin for kids," police spokesman Lenny Sanchez said.

Police say that other Ecstasy pills they found were made to look like the cartoon characters Homer Simpson and the Smurfs.

The 22-year-old driver is expected to face felony drug possession counts.

Palmview is near the border with Mexico.

No word on the driver's political affiliation.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
What can I say? Your unyielding, cowardly partisan dishonesty sometimes irritates me.lmao. You have only delt with one year of this shit. Time to man up dude. When this fugger gets done with this country you won't recognise it.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:35 PM
So no one thought Todd Haley would get hired. That excuses his suckage?Can you hear the flies buzzing? I can.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Actually, I think there are a number of parallels.

Rookie asked to do a veteran's job at a point where the country/team is at a low point of their most recent existence. Failing miserably and blaming the prior administration. Ridiculous short term bandaids presented as fixes.ROFLROFL Just keep reaching, it is fuggin hillarious.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Holy cow, she's still upset that Hillary lost?Even Hillary has moved on from it. lmao

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey, this should get his numbers back up! (hopefully not a repost)

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/02/crimesider/entry5864845.shtml
PALMVIEW, Texas (CBS/AP) President Barack Obama's approval rating may be hovering in the 50 percent range, but that doesn't mean America's Commander-in-Chief isnít catching on with new constituents.

There is now a line of Ecstasy pills made in the image of the 44th president of the United States, according to Texas police who have snatched a batch off the streets.

Ecstasy is known for a sense of elation, diminished feelings of fear and anxiety, and ability to induce a sense of intimacy with others.

Perhaps a good Election Day strategy to get out the vote?

A stash of the brightly colored tablets was found Monday during a south Texas traffic stop.

Police in Palmview detained a driver after finding black tar heroin, cocaine, marijuana and several Ecstasy pills in the back of his car.

The drugs look like a "vitamin for kids," police spokesman Lenny Sanchez said.

Police say that other Ecstasy pills they found were made to look like the cartoon characters Homer Simpson and the Smurfs.

The 22-year-old driver is expected to face felony drug possession counts.

Palmview is near the border with Mexico.

No word on the driver's political affiliation.

Hopium of the Asses!!!!

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Even Hillary has moved on from it. lmao

I wouldn't vote for Hillary now if she paid me too. Not even with hopiates. She's sold her soul to the devil. Good riddance.

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
What can I say? Your unyielding, cowardly partisan dishonesty sometimes irritates me.

I dunno. seems more to it. Maybe you should get laid or something.

LOCOChief
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Yes Palin would be better.

vailpass
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Uh, yeah. That's why I said it.

I mean it in a broad perspective, historical -"it will matter in 4 years" sense and not the "what's Hannity or Beck going to hyperventilate about for 72 hours sense".

Fair enough. I admire your ability to maintain objectivity in the face of overwhelming negative data. Here's hoping your faith is justified.

Saul Good
12-08-2009, 08:24 PM

People who are not fans of Obama calling each other "racist" is the new black people calling each other the n-word.