PDA

View Full Version : Obama ObamaMouthpiece Gibbs Attacks Gallup.

HonestChieffan
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Remember Saddam had Bagdad Bob? Maybe we have a version of our own.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e588340120a72e7351970b-320pi

Attacking a press corp member late last week, now the Gibbster is after those unreliable people at Gallup.

W.H. mocks Gallup
Gibbs: Poll like a 6-year-old
By CAROL E. LEE | 12/08/09 11:38 AM

The White House lashed out at the Gallup Poll on Tuesday after the survey's daily tracking numbers showed President Obama's approval rating dropping to a new low of 47 percent.

Asked for a response to Monday's tracking poll, which placed Obama's approval numbers among the lowest of any recent president in December of his first year in office, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs mocked the reliability of the widely respected polling firm.

"I tell you, if I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said. "If you look back, I think five days ago, there was an 11-point spread, now there's a 1-point spread. I mean, I'm sure a 6-year-old with a crayon could do something not unlike that. I don't put a lot of stake in, never have, in the EKG that is the daily Gallup trend."

He added: "I don't pay a lot of attention to the meaninglessness of it."

Gallup's tracking poll showed an uptick in Obama's numbers last week following his speech outlining a new strategy for the war in Afghanistan. But in Monday's polling release, Gallup's Jeffrey M. Jones wrote: "Any slight bump in support Obama received coincident with his new Afghanistan policy proved to be very short-lived, as his approval rating returned to below the majority level by the weekend and slipped further to 47 percent in Dec. 4-6 polling."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1209/w_h_mocks_gallup_7386fd84-4620-4e10-b7cd-3550967127b1.html

DJ's left nut
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Eh, why not? It's not like there are any more pressing concerns within the administration than haggling over poll numbers and throwing darts at Fox News.

What a disgrace. I hope you O-Bots are proud of your product.

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Funny....how pols tout polls when it supports their cause, but demagogue them when they don't.

:rolleyes:

KCWolfman
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
For someone that doesn't pay "a whole lot of attention" he sure has a great deal of data.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Chief Henry
12-08-2009, 12:03 PM
That picture of Gibbs is dam funny :thumb:

Obama and the libs think W left him a mess. I pity the poor SOB that comes
after this President.

talastan
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
That picture of Gibbs is dam funny :thumb:

Obama and the libs think W left him a mess. I pity the poor SOB that comes
after this President.

Reagan came after Carter, hopefully we'll get a realistic conservative canidate as an alternative to this mess of an adminstration.

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I wonder if Blanche Lincoln is paying attention to it?

Calcountry
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Reagan came after Carter, hopefully we'll get a realistic conservative canidate as an alternative to this mess of an adminstration.I know who it is not so far.

It is NOT Newt, Romney, or Huckleberry. If any of those 3 get nominated, we lose again.

If Palin gets elected, she had better have her policy, points, spitshined and polished off, or we lose again. I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks on Palin.

My respect for her went way up when she had Dave Letterman grobbling like a whiney bitch for his job.

memyselfI
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
LOLOL. I've been calling him that for months.

Direckshun
12-08-2009, 01:21 PM
What a vicious attack?

Donger
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
So jumps in approval are good and valid, but jumps in declines are bad and invalid?

donkhater
12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Gibbs has to be one of the most smug SOBs ever to have the position of Press Secretary. He seemingly patronizes someone on a daily basis.

petegz28
12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
The recurring mantra of this Admin is take credit when things are good, downplay people or flat out blame others when things are not so good.

fan4ever
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I know who it is not so far.

It is NOT Newt, Romney, or Huckleberry. If any of those 3 get nominated, we lose again.

If Palin gets elected, she had better have her policy, points, spitshined and polished off, or we lose again. I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks on Palin.

My respect for her went way up when she had Dave Letterman grobbling like a whiney bitch for his job.

Why do you think Romney would be a bad choice? "Huckleberry" split his voting base and McSnore got the nomination. I think Romney would have beaten Obama.

BucEyedPea
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Why do you think Romney would be a bad choice?

Well, bringing socialized healthcare to Mass is a first on my list. Taxes have soared since he left to help pay for his mess.
Besides, he just changes the word tax to fee.

RNR
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
The recurring mantra of this Admin is take credit when things are good, downplay people or flat out blame others when things are not so good.

That applies to both parties, take health care what has the right done? or how about our boarders what has the right done? They have done nothing but stand proudly pointing at the left blaming them for all wrong. Granted I look at those in power right now and what they are doing and suppress the urge to join the fringe in starting a revolution. But really when it comes down to it both sides use the same tactic. Whatever politics are like the NFL, those who are really in power field both teams so we are fucked either way~

Saul Good
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Where was this criticism when Gallup showed his approval numbers at +57?

ILChief
12-08-2009, 07:39 PM

no other administration has done that :shake:

Saul Good
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
no other administration has done that :shake:

Change

Norman Einstein
12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
What is going to happen to Gallup as the guy in the WH's numbers tank below Bush's? Martial Law?

Saul Good
12-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Asked for a response to Monday's tracking poll, which placed Obama's approval numbers among the lowest of any recent president in December of his first year in office, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs mocked the reliability of the widely respected polling firm.

"I tell you, if I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said. "If you look back, I think five days ago, there was an 11-point spread, now there's a 1-point spread. I mean, I'm sure a 6-year-old with a crayon could do something not unlike that. I don't put a lot of stake in, never have, in the EKG that is the daily Gallup trend."

Gallup has been all over the map. I'll give him that.

They started at 68% approval and have been at 65%, 60%, 55%, 50%, and now 47%. The same seems to go for all of the other polls. Rasmussen has him at 47%. Marist has him at 47%. Which one are we supposed to believe?

RNR
12-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Gallup has been all over the map. I'll give him that.

They started at 68% approval and have been at 65%, 60%, 55%, 50%, and now 47%. The same seems to go for all of the other polls. Rasmussen has him at 47%. Marist has him at 47%. Which one are we supposed to believe?

Anyone less the looney left can see, hear, read, talk to people and know King Barry's numbers are tanking~

petegz28
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
That applies to both parties, take health care what has the right done? or how about our boarders what has the right done? They have done nothing but stand proudly pointing at the left blaming them for all wrong. Granted I look at those in power right now and what they are doing and suppress the urge to join the fringe in starting a revolution. But really when it comes down to it both sides use the same tactic. Whatever politics are like the NFL, those who are really in power field both teams so we are ****ed either way~

Sure they do. But you are comparing Congress to Presidents. I can't recall an Administration that has so blatantly applied this tactic.

Bwana
12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Serious question, can Gibbs walk and chew gum at the same time? He has to be the long lost love child of Michael Moore and Britney Spears.

HonestChieffan
12-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I read somewhere that Palins approval number is above Obamas. Gotta wonder how much more the lefties can take.

King_Chief_Fan
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Serious question, can Gibbs walk and chew gum at the same time? He has to be the long lost love child of Michael Moore and Britney Spears.

that is an excellent description

King_Chief_Fan
12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I read somewhere that Palins approval number is above Obamas. Gotta wonder how much more the lefties can take.

and Palin's numbers are twice as high as Pelosi's