PDA

View Full Version : General Politics ACLU loses 25% of Operating Budget

KCWolfman
12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I am on my G1 and can't post a link. Can someone help me out?

A former "anonymous" donor has not only stated he is no longer donating his 20 million a year gift to the ACLU anymore, but he is withdrawing ths year's donation as well.

I guess 25% of kids cursing at their teachers and people making obscene religious objects will just have to defend their own poor decisions in court next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

HonestChieffan
12-09-2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.aclu.org/organization-news-and-highlights/largest-anonymous-aclu-donor-reveals-identity-and-reaffirms-support

Baby Lee
12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.aclu.org/organization-news-and-highlights/largest-anonymous-aclu-donor-reveals-identity-and-reaffirms-support

That would buy a shit ton of abortions.

Chief Henry
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Who can afford 20 million dollar donations annually ????

George Soros ???

KCWolfman
12-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks HCF
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,108140,00.html

http://reason.com/blog/2007/04/06/the-aclu-defends-gun-rights

Thig Lyfe
12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Dammit, now how are we going to take the "Christ" out of Christmas?

...I've said too much.

Cannibal
12-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Looks like the guy donating to the ACLU also donated $247 million to a charity involving veterans and families of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Saul Good
12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Looks like the guy donating to the ACLU also donated $247 million to a charity involving veterans and families of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now he can donate $267 million to that charity instead of an organization that spends most of its budget defending pieces of trash and 1% defending reasonable people so that they can claim balance.

Cannibal
12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Now he can donate $267 million to that charity instead of an organization that spends most of its budget defending pieces of trash and 1% defending reasonable people so that they can claim balance.

Prove that.

KCWolfman
12-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Prove that.
What if he doesn't? Its not like you are gonna get the ACLU to sue him for defamation - they can't afford to.
Posted via Mobile Device

trndobrd
12-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Which in turn funded a class action suit by veterans against the U.S. Government and seems intent on characterizing returning veterans as victims that need the warm embrace of state paternalism.

HonestChieffan
12-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Actually he is likely aware that the days of being able to give his money to whom he wants are over and that from now on the Government will just confiscate it and give to who they think it should go to.

Makes his life easier really. No worries, no decisions.

alnorth
12-10-2009, 06:49 AM
The ACLU is one of those odd groups that I have very mixed feelings about.

90-95% of the time they are absolutely infuriating, taking the most rediculous cases that they should have just let slide. The other 5-10% they are absolutely priceless. One thing you have to give them, the ACLU are not political ideologues, they are just hard-core first amendment and civil right zealots. This typically makes them look leftist when they attack stuff like christmas trees in govt buildings, but they don't blink or think twice about defending the civil rights of a guy like Limbaugh.

BigRedChief
12-10-2009, 06:51 AM
The ACLU is one of those odd groups that I have very mixed feelings about.

90-95% of the time they are absolutely infuriating, taking the most rediculous cases that they should have just let slide. The other 5-10% they are absolutely priceless. One thing you have to give them, the ACLU are not ideologues, they are just hard-core first amendment zealots, which typically makes them look leftist but they don't blink or think twice about defending the civil rights of a guy like Limbaugh.
Correct, they are very principled. Those principles are put above all else. They have Jews defending the rights of Nazi's to march. They defend Limbaugh. Can you imagine being a lawyer and joining the ACLU and you end up defending Nazi's and Limbaugh? Say what you will about those principles, they live and act on them.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Prove that.

They wouldn't take my mothers case against her company for trying to discriminate against her for her illness. And the ACLU Bluntly said they would not take the case unless it changed laws. Fuck the ACLU.

Cannibal
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
They wouldn't take my mothers case against her company for trying to discriminate against her for her illness. And the ACLU Bluntly said they would not take the case unless it changed laws. Fuck the ACLU.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Saul Good's post.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Saul Good's post.

You said prove it and I did.

Cannibal
12-10-2009, 02:17 PM
You said prove it and I did.

You didn't prove shit specifically regarding Saul's post.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2009, 03:21 PM
You didn't prove shit specifically regarding Saul's post.

It is an example of exactly what he's talking about.

Rain Man
12-12-2009, 08:36 AM
with the loss of 25 percent of their budget, they're now being forced to change their name to ACL. they're now courting ki-jana carter and willis mcgahee to address the funding gap.
Posted via Mobile Device

RedNeckRaider
12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
They wouldn't take my mothers case against her company for trying to discriminate against her for her illness. And the ACLU Bluntly said they would not take the case unless it changed laws. **** the ACLU.
This...