PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Are public 'servants' becoming our masters?

donkhater
01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Can't post it here since it is so long, but it is a read that will scare you and get your blood boiling at the same time.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/01/12/class-war/

ChiefaRoo
01-13-2010, 08:15 AM
It's our country. We lose it only if we give it away.

HonestChieffan
01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
This November we will see a real change.

oldandslow
01-13-2010, 08:33 AM

No, we won't HC...The R's will win back the house and maybe the senate and then we will see subsidies given to their favored groups and govt continue to grow.

Tell me, even in the best possible scenerio for your side, one real change that will happen that will impact you personally.

I believe it was stevieray that asked me that question when I was campaigning for Obama last year. Bright man he was.

BucEyedPea
01-13-2010, 08:36 AM
No, we won't HC...The R's will win back the house and maybe the senate and then we will see subsidies given to their favored groups and govt continue to grow.
That's because too many Rs are mercantilists using the free-market mantra to cover their tracks. These guys need war to expand markets for the mic. Both parties are in the grips of Hamiltonianism with the Ds going even further than that.

BucEyedPea
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Yes see my sig....then think of Rham Emmanuel's line about taking advantage of a crisis. Says all. Totalitarians.

Amnorix
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
That's because too many Rs are mercantilists using the free-market mantra to cover their tracks. These guys need war to expand markets for the mic. Both parties are in the grips of Hamiltonianism with the Ds going even further than that.

Just noting my amusement at Hamilton as the evil incarnate protagonist in your grand melodrama.

Brock
01-13-2010, 10:08 AM

And it will turn out to be yet another illusion.

HerculesRockefell
01-13-2010, 10:46 AM

Maybe the Senate? If the R's somehow win back the Senate it will a bloodbath of epic proportions this November. They're still defending more seats this time around, these seats were last up in '04 when Bush was re-elected. Assuming they pick up a handful of seats this cycle, '12 and '14 are when the D's have more seats to defend.

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Government will continue to be perceived a failure as long as it gets involved in things it cannot control.

Velvet_Jones
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Government will continue to be perceived a failure as long as it gets involved in things it cannot control.

True Dat!

Amnorix
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM

We see real change about every 8 years or so. 1994, 2006/2008, etc.

Rain Man
01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Fantastic article.

I work a lot with government agencies. A lot of them are very good, but the few that are bad are absolutely horrific. While people generally see the bad elected officials, the bad bureaucrats may be the worst.

Long story, but two employees just got fired in Adams County, Colorado. Bid-rigging stuff, and really stupidly executed bid-rigging. But it took a huge battle to get them fired, but the company that got the rigged bid got to keep the contract, and one of the people who was fired got a payment as much as most people's annual salary to keep her mouth shut. Plus, they're keeping the firings a secret and letting the crooks say they quit, because after all, you don't want the public to know all the dirty stuff going on. The county manager there is absolutely incompetent. Worst-run county in the state by far, and no change in sight.

Jenson71
01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes see my sig....then think of Rham Emmanuel's line about taking advantage of a crisis. Says all. Totalitarians.

A big Orwell fan, Buc?