PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Coakley Aid Shoves Reporter

petegz28
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
A Weekly Standard reporter says he was roughed up last night outside a Washington, D.C. fund-raiser for Attorney General Martha Coakley by someone he believes is associated with her U.S. Senate campaign.

John McCormack, the magazine’s deputy online editor, writes about the incident outside the Sonoma restaurant in an online dispatch entitled: “We Report, We Get Pushed.”

According to McCormack’s account, Coakley took two questions from reporters after the event, but declined to respond to his question. McCormack wrote he asked Coakley whether she stood by statements she made during Monday’s debate about terrorists in Afghanistan.

He provided the following transcript of what happened:

“TWS: Attorney General Coakley, you said last night that there are no terrorists in Afghanistan--that they’re all in Yemen and Pakistan. Do you stand by that remark?

COAKLEY: I’m sorry, did someone else have a question?

GRIFF JENKINS, Fox News: I did. Why are you in Washington tonight?

COAKLEY: We planned an event after the primary that would be a unity event in Washington. We’re also in the middle of a very intense campaign ...”

McCormack wrote after Coakley finished her answer he followed her and asked her why health care industry lobbyists were supporting her at the fundraiser. He said she did not reply

As he continued to walk down the street, he said a man who appeared to be associated with Coakley’s campaign pushed him into a freestanding metal rail.

“I ended up on the sidewalk. I was fine. He helped me up from the ground, but kept pushing up against me, blocking my path toward Coakley down the street,” he wrote.

McCormack said the man asked him whether he was with the media and he responded he works for the Weekly Standard.

His online entry includes a YouTube video of the incident, in which you can hear a man ask McCormack if he’s OK after he fell. The reporter then tangles with the same man, showing him a press credential as he tries to make his way around him.

McCormack wrote he eventually caught up to Coakley, who declined to answer his question.

He said Coakley staffers informed him they don’t know who pushed him. In an updated blog post, McCormack writes he believes he was pushed by Michael Meehan, president of Blue Line Strategic Communications in Washington, D.C. The Associated Press also identifies the man as Meehan, based on photos and videotape of the incident

A Coakley spokeswoman could not provide an immediate response to a Herald inquiry about McCormack’s account. Meehan did not immediately return an phone message or e-mail.

A message left for McCormack was not immediately returned

http://bostonherald.com.nyud.net/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1225332&format=&page=2&listingType=MA2004#articleFull

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8CdfQGlgVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g8CdfQGlgVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

petegz28
01-13-2010, 11:20 AM
As you can see the guy was clearly shoved by the same guy who tried to help him. Typical tactic.

The Boston Globe is trying to pass it off as the guy "fell".

petegz28
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Also I might add that the AG Coakley stood around and watched this happen. If the man fell you would think she would have shown some concern, wouldn't you? Being an AG should she not be for such violence?

Fucking pathetic that this woaman will indeed probably win.

petegz28
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
At about .04 start watching where the bike stand is. You can see Mr. Meehan(so?) who was just recently sent to help the Coakley campaign shove the guy. And if the guy "fell" why did he have his hands up in a surrendering fashion?

Chief Henry
01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I can't tell who pushed who.

I can see some guy helping another guy up off the ground.

But later in the video you can tell that some dude is trying to keep another dude from following her - thats very clear.

She knows she is in trouble. She could go down in history as the lady that lost
the kennedy seat errrr make that the peoples seat.

petegz28
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I can't tell who pushed who.

I can see some guy helping another guy up off the ground.

But later in the video you can tell that some dude is trying to keep another dude from following her - thats very clear.

She knows she is in trouble. She could go down in history as the lady that lost
the kennedy seat errrr make that the peoples seat.

If you fall and someone goes to help you up do you raise your hands in the air showing you aren't trying anything or want any trouble?

Inspector
01-13-2010, 02:02 PM
The reporter should have that asshole arrested. I'd be in jail if I pushed someone to the ground like that.

That's pretty pathetic for anyone getting a paycheck from the public.

Chief Henry
01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
If you fall and someone goes to help you up do you raise your hands in the air showing you aren't trying anything or want any trouble?

On the video I see some dude with his right arm in the air - but I don't see the shove. Maybe I'm blind. Later in the video I clearly see some guy
blocking another man with a small camera tryin to walk down the street.

I wish I could see the shove in the video but I just don't. None the less I believe you, at Hot Air they have a an actual picture of one dude helping another dude up off the sidewalk.

Coakley is in heep big trouble :clap:

petegz28
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Nwo the dumb bitch claims it was a "GOP stalker" and though this happened right in fucking front of her, she claims she is not "privy to the facts".

LMAO, if Mass elects here they deserve what they get.

Coakley cites GOP ‘stalkers’ in D.C. dust-up
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?&articleid=1225332

BTW is seems the Boston media and others are in full "tell the lie" mode to save her ass.

blaise
01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't see a shove either, but the one dude is putting his hands all over the other dude for no good reason that I can see.

blaise
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Nwo the dumb bitch claims it was a "GOP stalker" and though this happened right in ****ing front of her, she claims she is not "privy to the facts".

LMAO, if Mass elects here they deserve what they get.

BTW is seems the Boston media and others are in full "tell the lie" mode to save her ass.

That seems to be the pattern. Everyone you don't like is a dangerous right wing radical.

petegz28
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't see a shove either, but the one dude is putting his hands all over the other dude for no good reason that I can see.

Ok, do this...

watch the video..
from the very beginning focus on the bike rack...
notice the guy come busting through the crowd...(left to right on the screen"
then notice the guy falls against the bike rack...

You will see what looks to be a shove.

It is a taught tactic. Shove the guy then pretend to help him.

And if I fell and you tried to help me up, why would I hold my hands up in the air like "hey I don't want any trouble"?

HonestChieffan
01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Assailant Was a Coakley Staffer on Loan from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee?

Gotta love this stuff. Demoscumbag pushes an honest Joe...http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/assailant-was-coakley-staffer-loan-democratic-senatorial-campaign-committee

petegz28
01-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Meehan has issued a statement that he "clearly did not mean to trip" and knock down the reporter.

So much for the guy stumbled as the Boston Globe and AP want you to believe.

petegz28
01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Assailant Was a Coakley Staffer on Loan from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee?

Gotta love this stuff. Demoscumbag pushes an honest Joe...http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/assailant-was-coakley-staffer-loan-democratic-senatorial-campaign-committee

ACtually he is an Obama staffer that was sent in most recently to help her with her circus of a campaign.

HonestChieffan
01-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Ahh the good old days in Chicago....

http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e58834012876d20dac970c-800wi

Frankie
01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Coakley Aid Shoves Reporter

THAT'S IT by golly, Coakley is toast.

She's the Debil.

petegz28
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
THAT'S IT by golly, Coakley is toast.

She's the Debil.

Maybe if he McOrmack was Iranian you would give a shit?

Jenson71
01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Is this what all the news shows are showing these days, pete?

petegz28
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Is this what all the news shows are showing these days, pete?

I would think such a well-informed individual as yourself would know!

Jenson71
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I would think such a well-informed individual as yourself would know!

I do my best to stay away from that trash.

Chiefshrink
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
This video is very very very symbolic of what this Obama Administration is doing to the American people with all this Marxist policy being shoved up our ass whether we like it or not without having to answer to the American people!!!

blaise
01-15-2010, 03:16 AM

Or if it had been a protestor at a health care town hall meeting.
"THESE HEALTH CARE PROTESTORS are the greatest danger to the DEMOCRATIC PROCESS TODAY! Look at the scare tactics!"

Frankie
01-15-2010, 07:12 AM

:rolleyes:

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 07:19 AM
This video is very very very symbolic of what this Obama Administration is doing to the American people with all this Marxist policy being shoved up our ass whether we like it or not without having to answer to the American people!!!

qft