PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Pelosi pushed to exempt Unions for HC tax

petegz28
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Reported on Fox News that Nancy Pelosi is pushing to exempt Unions from the HC Tax on "Caddilac Plans". Non-Union workers with such plans will still be on the hook of course.

HonestChieffan
01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
say it aint so....

Norman Einstein
01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
What do you expect from someone that's had the lobotomy required to join the democratic party? It's still the Robin Hood Syndrome, take from the rich to give to the poor. I wonder who built that new guest house at her home in San Francisco?

wild1
01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
What do you expect from someone that's had the lobotomy required to join the democratic party? It's still the Robin Hood Syndrome, take from the rich to give to the poor. I wonder who built that new guest house at her home in San Francisco?

Profits from her concerns in the "green" industry?

Amnorix
01-13-2010, 03:10 PM
What the heck is the logic in this?

Donger
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM

Votes.

Amnorix
01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Votes.

Right. What was I thinking. :banghead:

HonestChieffan
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
If Obama signs it he will go down as the biggest fraud ever in that office. Deficit Neutral?

http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e588340120a7cef1f6970b-320wi

Otter
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
The sad thing is that citizen dissatisfaction with the government is becoming the status quo and thus meaningless.

"You don't like us? Fuck you! What ya gonna do about it"

petegz28
01-13-2010, 03:35 PM
The sad thing is that citizen dissatisfaction with the government is becoming the status quo and thus meaningless.

"You don't like us? **** you! What ya gonna do about it"

Been like that for a long time.

trndobrd
01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Union animals are obviously more equal than non-union.

Chief Henry
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM

"You don't like us? **** you! What ya gonna do about it"

I'm afraid you are closer to the truth than you should be with this :shake:

Dam the torpedos !!!

RINGLEADER
01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Predicted months ago.

I'm starting to wonder if the Dems have the votes in the HOUSE to pass this bill. Stupak says he has 10 who will follow him as "no" votes if the Senate abortion language is used. The Senate already voted his language down. The House wants to tax the rich but Lieberman and Lincoln have said they'll filibuster any new taxes on the wealthy.

This is why I've been saying the government has no part in this process. They don't think logically -- they think politically. And with every instance of political expediency they make this "reform", and its application, less useful. As it stands now it won't make care better, it won't reduce costs, and it won't even cover all the uninsured. It's a disaster.

Guru
01-14-2010, 12:17 AM
:facepalm:

Norman Einstein
01-14-2010, 04:53 AM
Predicted months ago.

I'm starting to wonder if the Dems have the votes in the HOUSE to pass this bill. Stupak says he has 10 who will follow him as "no" votes if the Senate abortion language is used. The Senate already voted his language down. The House wants to tax the rich but Lieberman and Lincoln have said they'll filibuster any new taxes on the wealthy.

This is why I've been saying the government has no part in this process. They don't think logically -- they think politically. And with every instance of political expediency they make this "reform", and its application, less useful. As it stands now it won't make care better, it won't reduce costs, and it won't even cover all the uninsured. It's a disaster.

You are going to have to link to your prediction.

Velvet_Jones
01-14-2010, 08:09 AM

You are kidding, right?

RINGLEADER
01-14-2010, 09:29 AM
You are going to have to link to your prediction.

I have no clue which of the many health care threads I may have originally posted it in but it's out there. Multiple times.

And, FWIW, the "deal" yesterday with Obama and the Dems was to specifically exclude insurance that has been collectively bargained for as well as some middle-class exclusions (so they can have the cover of this not being what it really is -- a transparent payoff to the unions). The debate now is whether they even try to make up the hole or increase a different tax on the wealthy to make up the difference.

This is why you don't let politicians run health care -- they're not going to make decisions that are in the best interest of health care. They're going to make decisions based on politics which, as politicians, is what they're supposed to do.

mlyonsd
01-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Where have all the health care change supporters gone?

Is it even they realize defending the idiots in charge isn't possible?

Funny watching the dems throw their own noose over the tree branch though.

HonestChieffan
01-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Where have all the health care change supporters gone?

Is it even they realize defending the idiots in charge isn't possible?

Funny watching the dems throw their own noose over the tree branch though.

How many people do you know who are willing to say they support Obama now? Its like evaporation....gone.

RINGLEADER
01-14-2010, 09:49 AM
For the sake of backing up my comments (and I know there are more out there):

November 6: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6239662&postcount=17

December 21: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6368668&postcount=27

Last Week: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6419025&postcount=32

Norman Einstein
01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
This is why you don't let politicians run health care -- they're not going to make decisions that are in the best interest of health care. They're going to make decisions based on politics which, as politicians, is what they're supposed to do.

It's not health care they should be looking out for, it's the people they serve. This is totally a people issue and you are correct that the gov should have nothing whatsoever to do with managing healthcare.

It's my opinion that health care in the U.S. is not broken, there are people that do not have coverage. Of those that do not have coverage we do not know how many do not have coverage by choice. We also have a very large number of illegal immigrants that tax the system and that just adds on to the poor that cannot pay what they do not have.

Health care reform should not impact those that have insurance, but target those that do not or will not have coverage.

Some of the reform in health care has to do with the pricing game played by the hospitals and other providers. If you have to write off 50% of your bill you tend to increase pricing to the point you feel you are getting your fair share. The insurance companies are not in business to make doctors rich, and they are not in business to take care of every hangnail a person has.

Reform is needed, but as I've said before the government shouldn't be within a 100 miles of driving the reform, they will just f*ck it up.

Norman Einstein
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
How many people do you know who are willing to say they support Obama now? Its like evaporation....gone.

I'll pitch in and help Obama. January 2012 I'll help them move him out of the White House.

RINGLEADER
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
It's not health care they should be looking out for, it's the people they serve. This is totally a people issue and you are correct that the gov should have nothing whatsoever to do with managing healthcare.

It's my opinion that health care in the U.S. is not broken, there are people that do not have coverage. Of those that do not have coverage we do not know how many do not have coverage by choice. We also have a very large number of illegal immigrants that tax the system and that just adds on to the poor that cannot pay what they do not have.

Health care reform should not impact those that have insurance, but target those that do not or will not have coverage.

Some of the reform in health care has to do with the pricing game played by the hospitals and other providers. If you have to write off 50% of your bill you tend to increase pricing to the point you feel you are getting your fair share. The insurance companies are not in business to make doctors rich, and they are not in business to take care of every hangnail a person has.

Reform is needed, but as I've said before the government shouldn't be within a 100 miles of driving the reform, they will just f*ck it up.

Agree completely.

And I also agree that the politicians SHOULD represent the will of the people but to the career politician it has less to do with what the people they represent want -- and more to do with keeping the special interests (in this case the unions) placated.