PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama Is So Naive It Borders On the Comical

RINGLEADER
01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Just saw him on television talking about another fee (can't call it a tax, mind you) he wants to put on the banks. Now, putting aside the effect of what he wants to do for a moment, he goes on to tell the banks they better not pass the new "fee" on to consumers and businesses and they better do more to stop foreclosures.

Like the health care "fees" do the Dems really believe that you can just load new costs onto businesses and expect them to eat it? Of course the banks are going to increase the fees they charge consumers and businesses that use their services if the cost to provide those services goes up.

Seriously, are these guys naive or just stupid? Or both?

wild1
01-14-2010, 10:02 AM
This is what people voted for, an academic who doesn't live in the real world.

These are the consequences of electing a blank canvas, whom you make out in your mind to be whatever you want him to be. We knew very little about him when he was elected, but the more people learn, the less they like him.

Once in office he has actually had to make decisions, and what do you know - government is harder in practice than it is from behind a professor's lectern.

KC Dan
01-14-2010, 10:03 AM
More businesses and private citizens need to do more of this to Obama, his administration and his Democratic Congress:

talastan
01-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Only 8 percent of his administration has experience in the private industry. That is your answer.

HonestChieffan
01-14-2010, 10:05 AM
no limit on stupid.

KC Dan
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
This is a great comedy show to watch. Obama is going to tax the bajeezus out of the biggest banks (most of which already paid back TARP funds) to get money back from entities that will never pay the funds back (like AIG, GM, Chrysler, Fannie & Freddie)? hmmm...Punish the ones that paid back money to pay for those that were taken over by the gov't.

KC Dan
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
oops, my bad AIG will have to pay the TAX but not GM, Chrysler, F&F...

Donger
01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this administration actually looks at imposing profit margin limits.

Chief Faithful
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't believe they are naive or stoopid they believe their constituency is naive and stoopid.

HonestChieffan
01-14-2010, 10:23 AM
"Fundamentaly Change America".

Never forget those words.

Chief Faithful
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Why only banks I say ATT has to stop passing on all those fees in my bill every month. Oh, any way we can get oil companies to stop passing on all their costs because the current prices are un-fair.

patteeu
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Just saw him on television talking about another fee (can't call it a tax, mind you) he wants to put on the banks. Now, putting aside the effect of what he wants to do for a moment, he goes on to tell the banks they better not pass the new "fee" on to consumers and businesses and they better do more to stop foreclosures.

Like the health care "fees" do the Dems really believe that you can just load new costs onto businesses and expect them to eat it? Of course the banks are going to increase the fees they charge consumers and businesses that use their services if the cost to provide those services goes up.

I think there's plenty of both present in this administration, but it also could be that they know the banks won't be able to comply. When the banks go ahead and pass these "fees" onto their customers, the administration will have even more ammunition to paint them as the bad guys and prescribe further governmental control.

I think the real answer is that they think the voters are naive or stupid and in many cases they may be right. (<--- Edit: Repost! Credit to Chiefs Faithful)

blaise
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
He needs to do whatever he has to to ensure not one executive ever flies in a private jet ever again. Only then can our country truly heal the wounds of its past.

alanm
01-14-2010, 12:27 PM
He makes one look back wistfully on the Bush years.

ROYC75
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
This is a great comedy show to watch. Obama is going to tax the bajeezus out of the biggest banks (most of which already paid back TARP funds) to get money back from entities that will never pay the funds back (like AIG, GM, Chrysler, Fannie & Freddie)? hmmm...Punish the ones that paid back money to pay for those that were taken over by the gov't.

Kinda like watching F-Troop all over again.

KC native
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Only 8 percent of his administration has experience in the private industry. That is your answer.

that's already been debunked.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/dec/02/glenn-beck/beck-says-less-10-percent-obama-cabinet-members-ha/

HonestChieffan
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Debunked in your mind.

Donger
01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
that's already been debunked.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/dec/02/glenn-beck/beck-says-less-10-percent-obama-cabinet-members-ha/

So, 33% have private experience?

That's much better.

RINGLEADER
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM

That's much better.

We're dealing with a group that collectively believes that the way to make up the hole in a receding economy is to borrow from that same economy.

BucEyedPea
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM

Well, that sounds like a Republican who ran for president and was governor of Massachusetts. He changed things to fees and raised the cost of doing business too. A statist.
Patteeu voted for him in the primary. He has a nerve to criticize Obama for the same thing.

petegz28
01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I think there's plenty of both present in this administration, but it also could be that they know the banks won't be able to comply. When the banks go ahead and pass these "fees" onto their customers, the administration will have even more ammunition to paint them as the bad guys and prescribe further governmental control.

I think the real answer is that they think the voters are naive or stupid and in many cases they may be right. (<--- Edit: Repost! Credit to Chiefs Faithful)

This is a text book tactic of Marxism. It is a move to paralyze the banks. Just like how on one hand they are screaming banks needs to lend more but on the other hand they tell the banks they have to raise their reserves.

Chiefshrink
01-14-2010, 09:18 PM
This is a text book tactic of Marxism. It is a move to paralyze the banks. Just like how on one hand they are screaming banks needs to lend more but on the other hand they tell the banks they have to raise their reserves.

B-I-N-G-O !!!!!!!

mlyonsd
01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
We're dealing with a group that collectively believes that the way to make up the hole in a receding economy is to borrow from that same economy.
Is it really that they believe that, or they see printing and throwing money at things will make them popular and keep them in office?

If it's the former they're dumber than Sarah Palin's panty liner, evil vile scum if its the latter.

RINGLEADER
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Banks appear to be pushing back hard on this one. Seriously, if the government can arbitrarily decide that institution A, regardless if they have fulfilled their agreement to repay with interest a loan, is subject to the same tax as institution B that did not based only on the fact that they are in the same industry, we are stepping into a whole new realm of liberalism.

Why not apply the same technique to oil companies? They make a lot of money. Or insurance companies? Oh wait...

ChiefaRoo
01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Obama and his lackeys fill me with a mixture of disgust and anger. November can't get here fast enough.

The Mad Crapper
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM

ROFL

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 11:07 AM

this

Garcia Bronco
01-15-2010, 12:26 PM
A fee is something optional. If it's not optional...it's a tax.

wild1
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
A fee is something optional. If it's not optional...it's a tax.

"These aren't taxes. They're mandatory fees"

"You won't go to jail for not buying health insurance. But you will go to jail if you don't pay the tax that you'll be charged if you don't buy health insurance."

It's all a shell game to them anyway.

Rain Man
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
He's only taxing them because they're profitable. Profit, people! Don't you understand! There's no reason that a private company should be allowed to profit from the backs of the people!

Chief Faithful
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM

No problem, once they have control they can just devalue the dollar by half over night. Chavez can show Obama how it is done.

Inspector
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Um...I'll go with "both".

Do we win anything for being right? Like maybe a can of Milnot or something?

Sweet Dick Willy
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
He makes one look back wistfully on the Bush years.

No, no he does not.

Taco John
01-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Hmmm... I came into this thread after reading the subject hoping I could get a laugh at Banyon's reaction to this.

Oh well.

mlyonsd
01-16-2010, 06:58 AM
I think this is just a continuation of the old liberal axiom, 'What's yours is mine'.

They really truly believe that.

Hog Farmer
01-16-2010, 07:20 AM
This is what people voted for, an academic who doesn't live in the real world.

These are the consequences of electing a blank canvas, whom you make out in your mind to be whatever you want him to be. We knew very little about him when he was elected, but the more people learn, the less they like him.

Once in office he has actually had to make decisions, and what do you know - government is harder in practice than it is from behind a professor's lectern.

When will you people realize , Obama is not Naive and he is not stupid. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. The backbone of America and what has given us the foundation of a strong country has been and needs to be our ability to produce food for our population at a lower cost than any other country in the world. The livestock industry has been devastated for the past 30 months. We will soon all be spending 20% or more of our income for food. Some countrys spend 50-80%. we are headed there. Obama has done NOTHING to help our farmers. NOTHING!. I have learned he is trying to eliminate subsidies for corn growers. That is like sticking a dagger in the heart of our food supply.

Obama was put here by the bad guys and is part of the coming of our End Times. Keep watching what he does and doesn't do. Bin Laden stated his goal was to bankrupt America. Obama has spent 10 fold more than any other President in history. Keep watching. In the mean time I would suggest getting prepared for change because it's coming.

HonestChieffan
01-16-2010, 07:37 AM
When will you people realize , Obama is not Naive and he is not stupid. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. The backbone of America and what has given us the foundation of a strong country has been and needs to be our ability to produce food for our population at a lower cost than any other country in the world. The livestock industry has been devastated for the past 30 months. We will soon all be spending 20% or more of our income for food. Some countrys spend 50-80%. we are headed there. Obama has done NOTHING to help our farmers. NOTHING!. I have learned he is trying to eliminate subsidies for corn growers. That is like sticking a dagger in the heart of our food supply.

Obama was put here by the bad guys and is part of the coming of our End Times. Keep watching what he does and doesn't do. Bin Laden stated his goal was to bankrupt America. Obama has spent 10 fold more than any other President in history. Keep watching. In the mean time I would suggest getting prepared for change because it's coming.

Everyone needs to read this and understand it and the implications on cost of living as well as simple supply. It takes less than 120 days to alter the quantity of pork available in grocery stores dramatically. Today you can buy on sale Pork shoulder for 99 cents a pound. Producers have over produced and have started to scale back on intended farroeings big time...your pork will cost a lot more soon.

Poultry price often follows pork. and Poultry supply can be manipulated in under 5 weeks to shorten supply and increase price. Both poultry and hog production costs are dramatically impacted by corn price/supply and by Soybean meal prices.

Any move by the Government in one part of the ag sector can move directly to impact consumers rapidly and in a profound way.

Our Dairy industry is in dire situation already on the profit/loss side.

High food prices will trigger a move in inflation as well as create discontent with this administration big time.

banyon
01-16-2010, 01:29 PM

That's much better.

Than 8? Yes, by a factor of 4.

I'm not even that good at math.

banyon
01-16-2010, 01:33 PM

I'm not against this fee in principle, but I don't like the motivations behind it. It appears to me to only be put forth so that the Obama Administration can
find some political cover for appearing (and being) too close to the financial industry and giving them break after break.

Functionally, as a sole investor, I like that it will disincentivize the high-frequency trading and "dark pool" shenanigans that have muddied the waters for ordinary people.

banyon
01-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Hmmm... I came into this thread after reading the subject hoping I could get a laugh at Banyon's reaction to this.

Oh well.

Why? So you can snark at it while avoiding any type of substantive exchange on it?

Sweet Dick Willy
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Learn this lesson:

The next time( hopefully and maybe )this Country has a strong economy, the milk and honey is flowing, and your President fucks his intern?

Send him a thank you card. In fact, recognize that day as a Holiday. Demand it.

Hog Farmer
01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Everyone needs to read this and understand it and the implications on cost of living as well as simple supply. It takes less than 120 days to alter the quantity of pork available in grocery stores dramatically. Today you can buy on sale Pork shoulder for 99 cents a pound. Producers have over produced and have started to scale back on intended farroeings big time...your pork will cost a lot more soon.

Poultry price often follows pork. and Poultry supply can be manipulated in under 5 weeks to shorten supply and increase price. Both poultry and hog production costs are dramatically impacted by corn price/supply and by Soybean meal prices.

Any move by the Government in one part of the ag sector can move directly to impact consumers rapidly and in a profound way.

Our Dairy industry is in dire situation already on the profit/loss side.

High food prices will trigger a move in inflation as well as create discontent with this administration big time.

Pork supply takes a year to alter supply as the breeding herd gets cut and then the market hogs have to go through the system, but it's already in the works. grt ready.

The Mad Crapper
01-22-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/012210_obiden_doomsday_604x341.jpg

donkhater
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't believe they are naive or stoopid they believe their constituency is naive and stoopid.

I'm pretty sure they're counting on their constituency to be naive and stupid.