PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Sarah Palin. Dumb.

Pages : [1] 2

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
:shake:

<object width='320' height='260'><param name='movie' value='http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/player.swf'></param><param name='flashvars' value='config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/cfg2?id=201001130039'></param><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'></param><param name='allownetworking' value='all'></param><embed src='http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/flash/player.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' flashvars='config=http://mediamatters.org/embed/cfg2?id=201001130039' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='320' height='260'></embed></object>

Taco John
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
She's absolutely clueless. It's like she has an 8th grade understanding.

|Zach|
01-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Awesome.

Taco John
01-14-2010, 06:02 PM
It reminds me of that scene in Adaptations where the writer is asked what historical figure she'd like to have dinner with, and she answers Jesus/George Washington.

I can't have any intellectual respect for anyone who when asked who their favorite founder is stutters through "all of them" and then settles on George Washington. I can get that response from a 6th grader.

Chief Henry
01-14-2010, 06:14 PM
It reminds me of that scene in Adaptations where the writer is asked what historical figure she'd like to have dinner with, and she answers Jesus/George Washington.

I can't have any intellectual respect for anyone who when asked who their favorite founder is stutters through "all of them" and then settles on George Washington. I can get that response from a 6th grader.

What if she would have said Lincoln ????

Mika Brzezinski did say "Lincoln" this morning on Morning Joe on MSNBC
and her dad was sitting right across the f'n table. Listen closely
when they come back to the set on MSNBC after they play the exact same clip posted in this thread title.

www.newsbusters.org

Mika says Lincoln is one of our founding fathers. Wow - who is smarter than a 6th grader ?

Is George Washington one of our founding fathers ? yes/no
Is Lincoln one of our founding fathers ? yes/no

I'm out for the rest of the evening. Have a good laugh at Mika's expense
tonight boys :D

pr_capone
01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Sarah Palin. Dumb.

Water. Wet.

orange
01-14-2010, 06:17 PM

You're right. Any political party that would nominate either of these airheads for high office is full of idiocy.

One did.

Taco John
01-14-2010, 06:25 PM

when they come back to the set on MSNBC after they play the exact same clip posted in this thread title.

www.newsbusters.org

Mika says Lincoln is one of our founding fathers. Wow - who is smarter than a 6th grader ?

I wouldn't vote for Mika either.

Direckshun
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
WHY ARE LIBERALS SO AFRAID OF HER

T-post Tom
01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Beck so wants to go down on her.

|Zach|
01-14-2010, 06:44 PM

ROFLROFL

NewChief
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
You all are just persecuting her because you can't stand the thought of a strong, smart, conservative woman.

SNR
01-14-2010, 07:29 PM
She was "trained" for 3 months by conservatives to give canned answers. A question like this has to have come up a few times for her. And she can't spit out a clear response for an answer that isn't retarded?

I've said this more than once on here, but I'll say it again. I really feel sorry for her. I really do. The national spotlight is simply too much for her. About the most she could handle was governor of Alaska, where the biggest press she received was a 3 second clip on CSPAN once a year. Clearly she's a woman who doesn't know her limitations, accepted a VP nomination when she should have backed off and stayed home ended up being put in an uncomfortable spot. Since she's been placed in that spot, she's under the delusion that it's her "duty" or whatever the hell she wants to call it, so she keeps going and doesn't stop. In the meantime, the more she is placed in front of a camera, the more embarassing it is to watch her. The only way for her to be saved is for her to recognize that she needs to get out. Sadly, I don't think she ever will.

Liberals can point and laugh all they want, but you gotta feel sympathy for her. She really has no clue what she's doing. Regardless of the outcome in any future political office she seeks that might be beneficial to the Democrats, you can't possibly see that someone like Palin representing a majority of political thought in this country is a good thing. It's just fucking not. It's bad for the country, bad for conservatism, and yes, it's bad for liberalism, too.

NewChief
01-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Clearly that's a hostile interviewer trying to ask her "gotcha" questions.

BigRedChief
01-14-2010, 07:36 PM
If its true she really didn't know how and why there is a north and south korea and that Saddam wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks thats some serious lack of education for someone a single heartbeat away from the presidency.

Jenson71
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Those two morons were made for each other. I'm thinking Palin wouldn't be able to name 5 signers of the Constitution.

dirk digler
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Did this really happen or was it edited? Holy crap here she was stuttering and looking down and looked like she was trying to remember what she memorized.

There is a reason why stupid people like Chief Henry likes her.

SNR
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
If its true she really didn't know how and why there is a north and south korea and that Saddam wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks thats some serious lack of education for someone a single heartbeat away from the presidency.That's what appalls me. People who support her said, "She doesn't need an ivy league education. She's got real-world experience and wisdom. She comes from the school of hard knocks!"

Call me an ivory tower wizard moonbat or whatever the term is now, but I'd like to expect that ANY government executive knows a little bit about the fucking country they're running.

Bwana
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
That's what appalls me. People who support her said, "She doesn't need an ivy league education. She's got real-world experience and wisdom. She comes from the school of hard knocks!"

Call me an ivory tower wizard moonbat or whatever the term is now, but I'd like to expect that ANY government executive knows a little bit about the ****ing country they're running.

Sooooooo, do you think we have that NOW?

T-post Tom
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Sooooooo, do you think we have that NOW?

In a word..."yes".

SNR
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Sooooooo, do you think we have that NOW?Obama graduated from Harvard and probably knows the important facts about the Korean War. He could also probably deliver an intersting/original/honest answer in response to the founding fathers question.

No, that doesn't make him a great president, but I'm not going to knock on his education or knowledge.

whatsmynameagain
01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
:clap:

Frankie
01-14-2010, 08:43 PM

I really don't think they are. If anything the liberals WANT her to run for POTUS.

SNR
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I really don't think they are. If anything the liberals WANT her to run for POTUS.
http://cdn.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/o_rly.jpg

Bwana
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
In a word..."yes".

ROFL

alanm
01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Obama graduated from Harvard and probably knows the important facts about the Korean War. He could also probably deliver an intersting/original/honest answer in response to the founding fathers question.

No, that doesn't make him a great president, but I'm not going to knock on his education or knowledge.You don't know how he did in school. He refused to release his grades. :shake:

Jenson71
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
You don't know how he did in school. He refused to release his grades. :shake:

He got a C+ in International Relations sophomore year. WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?

googlegoogle
01-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Obama graduated from Harvard and probably knows the important facts about the Korean War. He could also probably deliver an intersting/original/honest answer in response to the founding fathers question.

No, that doesn't make him a great president, but I'm not going to knock on his education or knowledge.

THIS..............is it.

SNR
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
ROFLFact: Sarah Palin was (and perhaps still is) clueless on the subject of the Korean War.

That's a war. An engagement. By the United States. Where Americans DIED. In service to the country. That she does not know about.

The conservative candidate who supposedly holds those values so dear to her heart doesn't know shit about this pretty big time in the country's history?

That's not trivial information. It's shit the leader of a country should fucking know. She should have learned it a LONG time ago.

The Korean War is just one example of stuff Obama knows that Sarah Palin does not. You may not like Obama, but are you really ready to declare Sarah Palin a smarter person than Obama?

PunkinDrublic
01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
As dumb as she is her supporters are 20 times more stupid. People camped out overnight
at a local bookstore here the night before her booksigning.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I was half-expecting Sarah Palin to tell Beck about the time Washington chopped down the cherry tree as a child, but couldn't tell a lie to his parents about it.

Pitt Gorilla
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
She is going to be awesome on TV.

|Zach|
01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Sarah Palin lands in Tahiti this afternoon to help with the rescue effort.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 07:11 AM
As dumb as she is her supporters are 20 times more stupid. People camped out overnight
at a local bookstore here the night before her booksigning.
Posted via Mobile Device

The real dumb people are in Wahsington DC right now. The American people
understand that now. Look at Your saviors approval numbers. What did I just see this morning on MSNBC-only 35% of the people would revote for him.

Those of us who didn't vote for Obama understood what he was going to try to do, and now most of America is waking up to the fact they don't like what he is attempting to pull off.

We have a factory in this small town I live in. Its not a union shop. The two
owners are in their mid 40's and have an Excellent benefits package for the EE's. I've already had breakfast with the two of them this morning. They have now learned that the benefits package they provide for their EE's could be come taxed at a 40% level to the EE's. Obama brokered a deal over nite with UNIONS so they don't have to pay tax's for 5 years on the benefits union members receive.

And you guys think Sarah Palin is stupid :shake:

We never have learned any thing about Obama's grades in college have we.
Whats he afraid of ?

BigRedChief
01-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Sarah Palin lands in Tahiti this afternoon to help with the rescue effort.ROFL

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 07:15 AM
You're right. Any political party that would nominate either of these airheads for high office is full of idiocy.

One did.

And one is on TV daily pretending to be smart :doh!:

patteeu
01-15-2010, 07:18 AM
How many of the people casting stones here at Palin for being stupid voted for Barack Obama?

http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/glass-houses.jpg

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 07:21 AM
How many of the people casting stones here at Palin for being stupid voted for Barack Obama?

Thats going to leave mark

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 07:23 AM

We point and laugh at her. Especially since she's the third or fourth "most influential" conservative, as Patteeu's thread showed.

Nobody's afraid. Trust me.

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 07:26 AM

I did, why? Obama is clearly smarter, more charismatic and better qualified in every conceivable way for just about any job you can name, than Sarah Palin, who topped out as governor of one of the most least populated states in our country, and couldn't even handle that well so she quit in the middle.

Seriously, she's not dumb compared to the average person, but she is not even remotely qualified for higher office or of above average intelligence.

Her joining Fox makes alot of sense -- continue to maintain national exposure, stay relevant, educate herself on the issues, and be in a safe coccoon of a learning environment where, presumably, she will be spoon-fed and placed in situations where she can hardly fail.

I have no doubt that in two years she will at least PRESENT as a better candidate.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
We point and laugh at her. Especially since she's the third or fourth "most influential" conservative, as Patteeu's thread showed.

Nobody's afraid. Trust me.

If the liberals are not afraid, why are they wasting time trashing her at every turn? You can say you're not afraid, but someone in the party is climbing the walls because she is still around.

If they were truly not afraid they would just be ignoring her, as you would.

Trust me, you are afraid of what she might be - influential in the next elections.

patteeu
01-15-2010, 07:31 AM
I did, why? Obama is clearly smarter, more charismatic and better qualified in every conceivable way for just about any job you can name, than Sarah Palin, who topped out as governor of one of the most least populated states in our country, and couldn't even handle that well so she quit in the middle.

Seriously, she's not dumb compared to the average person, but she is not even remotely qualified for higher office or of above average intelligence.

Her joining Fox makes alot of sense -- continue to maintain national exposure, stay relevant, educate herself on the issues, and be in a safe coccoon of a learning environment where, presumably, she will be spoon-fed and placed in situations where she can hardly fail.

I have no doubt that in two years she will at least PRESENT as a better candidate.

I think you misunderstand me (but then I guess that's to be expected, lol). I'm not comparing Palin to Obama, I'm comparing her to anyone dumb enough to vote for Obama. :p

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
I think you misunderstand me (but then I guess that's to be expected, lol). I'm not comparing Palin to Obama, I'm comparing her to anyone dumb enough to vote for Obama. :p

Compared to McCain? I'd vote for Obama again. The Republicans clearly needed to be swept out.

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 07:39 AM
If the liberals are not afraid, why are they wasting time trashing her at every turn? You can say you're not afraid, but someone in the party is climbing the walls because she is still around.

Are you afraid of everyone you make fun of? Do you mock dumb people you dislike because you're afraid of them, or because it's easy to shoot at a sitting duck for the easy laugh?

Trust me, you are afraid of what she might be - influential in the next elections.

Actually, see my other post, but her time at Fox mgiht make her a serious candidate. Maybe she's not stupid, but rather just ignorant. The latter is cureable. If so, she's a threat. If not, and she's already fulfilled her maximum potential in life when she was the governor of Alaska for two years or whatever, then her efforts can only benefit Democrats.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
God she's a fucking trainwreck.

Alton deFlat
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Beck so wants to go down on her.

Beck would eat her turds...... even if they weren't rolled in coconut.

PRIEST
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Compared to McCain? I'd vote for Obama again. The Republicans clearly needed to be swept out.

This. I would also vote for Obama Again over what was offered.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
God OBAMAs a ****ing trainwreck.

fixed your post

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Are you afraid of everyone you make fun of? Do you mock dumb people you dislike because you're afraid of them, or because it's easy to shoot at a sitting duck for the easy laugh?

Actually, see my other post, but her time at Fox mgiht make her a serious candidate. Maybe she's not stupid, but rather just ignorant. The latter is cureable. If so, she's a threat. If not, and she's already fulfilled her maximum potential in life when she was the governor of Alaska for two years or whatever, then her efforts can only benefit Democrats.

I don't fear people as you think, but that's a totally different subject and I don't see the purpose of posting your first comment.

If she weren't a serious threat to the democrats you, only because you are very vocal about her, attack her intelligence as if she should have been on the same ground as the established politicians. If you really want to think about what has gone on in recent history she debated our beloved VP prior to the election. He won the debate, but Palin held her ground for someone that had been in national politics for less than 2 months.

I'd rather that you, democrats, just turn a blind eye from her and move on with what you feel necessary for your future elections. If she turns out to be a candidate you can then mount your attacks again.

Mostly I think the democratic party is trying to destroy anyone and everyone that they see as a threat to Obama losing in 2012. Problem is that he is his own worst enemy.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM

www.newsbusters.org

You are missing the boat. The left would have said OBAMA !

The wacko right would have said PAUL.

Maybe she should just shut up, go home , bake cookies because nothing she says or does comes off as intellect to any of them.

Personally, I want to know more about this Thune guy from SD.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
If its true she really didn't know how and why there is a north and south korea and that Saddam wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks thats some serious lack of education for someone a single heartbeat away from the presidency.

Come on, I seriously don't see this. Enter disgruntled campaign manager that is trying to save his butt ? The words will fly when one fears his job, place the blame on others. Obo does that very well now.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Did this really happen or was it edited? Holy crap here she was stuttering and looking down and looked like she was trying to remember what she memorized.

There is a reason why stupid people like Chief Henry likes her.

She clearly has a ways to go to look political. Her speaking with authority needs a lot of work.

Clearly take Obo's teleprompter away and at times he stumbles.

Brock
01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
It's a good thing Mccain and her lost, otherwise we'd still be in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy would be in the shitter, and we STILL wouldn't have universal healthcare.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Fact: Sarah Palin was (and perhaps still is) clueless on the subject of the Korean War.

That's a war. An engagement. By the United States. Where Americans DIED. In service to the country. That she does not know about.

The conservative candidate who supposedly holds those values so dear to her heart doesn't know shit about this pretty big time in the country's history?

That's not trivial information. It's shit the leader of a country should ****ing know. She should have learned it a LONG time ago.

The Korean War is just one example of stuff Obama knows that Sarah Palin does not. You may not like Obama, but are you really ready to declare Sarah Palin a smarter person than Obama?

Me thinks you are quick to drink the Kool Aid from a Liberal press interviewing a disgruntled campaign manager, of which may never find same job again for doing a poor job.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM

No kidding ....... How's that working out for them ?

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM

If they were truly not afraid they would just be ignoring her, as you would.

This is reality ....... They are scared of her. Esp. if she gets elected ! I would have many concerns, she would have to surround herself with good cabinet members ,unlike the Chicago mob in DC we have now.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
This is reality ....... They are scared of her. Esp. if she gets elected ! I would have many concerns, she would have to surround herself with good cabinet members ,unlike the Chicago mob in DC we have now.

Obama would love nothing more than for her to get the Republican nomination. He would have a 100% chance of re-election.

stevieray
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Pelosi, Boxer, Waters, Feinstein..all people who have power and are screwing the country.... yet the left can't help but shit their pants if Palin just shows up.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
It's a good thing Mccain and her lost, otherwise we'd still be in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy would be in the shitter, and we STILL wouldn't have universal healthcare.

ROFL Oh the irony !

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Obama would love nothing more than for her to get the Republican nomination. He would have a 100% chance of re-election.

I would say we need to see what the 2010 elections bring in the house and senate. If GOP makes great gains or takes them back, I can see Obo getting in easily, again. If the Dems are still in control, I can see the GOP winning the WH again.

donkhater
01-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Firstly, I think it would be a mistake to call Sarah Palin dumb. I really don't see how a woman can ascend to a state governorship with that noose hanging around her neck.

However,

I don't think she is very knowledgable. There is a fine difference there that most people don't get IMO. The Republican party made a HUGE mistake in nominating her for national office too early. I think most thought she was a 'rising star' in the party, but it's quite obvious she needs more study on current world affairs and just setting her vision more concretely.

Because of this lack of knowledge, her responses have basically been typical canned Republican rhetoric that anyone can spout off. If she didn't look like she does, her 15 minutes would be up.

Disappointing is the only thing I feel about Palin. I had heard that her beliefs ran more liberatarian, but during the campaign it was obvious that she would be willing to say whatever the neocons wanted to get elected. Of course, that simply puts her on par with nearly every other politician.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 09:12 AM
I would say we need to see what the 2010 elections bring in the house and senate. If GOP makes great gains or takes them back, I can see Obo getting in easily, again. If the Dems are still in control, I can see the GOP winning the WH again.

Obama would make her look like a mentally retarded 4 year old in the debates. If you want Obama out, you had better hope she is not nominated.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Obama would make her look like a mentally retarded 4 year old in the debates. If you want Obama out, you had better hope she is not nominated.

Like I said, I want to know more about the SD senator Thune .

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrzXLYA_e6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrzXLYA_e6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Actually, if Brown winds the MA seat, I would expect him to be the next GOP nominee. After all, two years in the Senate qualifies, right?

donkhater
01-15-2010, 09:23 AM

While I don't think Palin would fare well against Obama, it isn't because Obama is some great debater. We've all seen his ability to orate comes directly from the telepromter. Clinton kicked his ass in the Democratic debates, but it helps when the media is in the tank for you.

Hell, SNL even spoofed it and if they are going to spoof anything about the Democratic party it MUST be obvious as hell to everyone else.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
You are missing the boat. The left would have said OBAMA !

The wacko right would have said PAUL.

Maybe she should just shut up, go home , bake cookies because nothing she says or does comes off as intellect to any of them.

Personally, I want to know more about this Thune guy from SD.

The guy I really like is Representative Steve King (R) from the NW Iowa district.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Not w/o his teleprompter he wouldn't.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Go ahead and nominate her then. I can't wait to see it.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM

I don't think she runs. So you'll have to go in another direction :rolleyes:

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Regardless of the nominee from the Republicans, Obama will face some very different issues in 2012. In his election this last time he was not burdened with any record. In fact that was a major strength. He was a vision. He was a great eloquent speaker of promice and made his followers feel like he was an agent of change and he was diffeent an new. None of that was based on anything but image.

in 2012 he has to defend the results. He will have to address the major differences between his words and his actions. He cannot win making Bush the focus as he did in the last go round.

He could face a very daunting prospect. The record will be there for all to see. And when the question is asked are you better off today than you were 4 years ago...

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Regardless of the nominee from the Republicans, Obama will face some very different issues in 2012. In his election this last time he was not burdened with any record. In fact that was a major strength. He was a vision. He was a great eloquent speaker of promice and made his followers feel like he was an agent of change and he was diffeent an new. None of that was based on anything but image.

in 2012 he has to defend the results. He will have to address the major differences between his words and his actions. He cannot win making Bush the focus as he did in the last go round.

He could face a very daunting prospect. The record will be there for all to see. And when the question is asked are you better off today than you were 4 years ago...

Very true .......

Lzen
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM

100%? I seriously doubt that. Especially if things keep going the way they are going now.

In any case, I doubt that Palin gets the Repub nomination.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
100%? In any case, I doubt that Palin gets the Repub nomination.

I think you are right. I'm curious if she would have been selected in the first place if Hilary had not been in the mix on the Democrat side...?

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I think you are right. I'm curious if she would have been selected in the first place if Hilary had not been in the mix on the Democrat side...?

I often wondered if McCain did this to try and get the women vote ?

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Will Hillary be in the mix on Dem side in 2012?

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM

too bad that's nothing more than your concept and there is no way for you to prove it. We can prove that we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy is in the shitter and we STILL will not have universsal health care.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Only if Obama had teleprompters so his handlers could tell him what to say.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
too bad that's nothing more than your concept and there is no way for you to prove it. We can prove that we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy is in the shitter and we STILL will not have universsal health care.

I could be wrong, me thinks he's mocking Obama here. Yes, if McCain and Palin had of won, we would still be there. Obo promised a withdraw, soon, very soon. Just like Gitmo.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
I often wondered if McCain did this to try and get the women vote ?

It did "seem" like that was the case.

bkkcoh
01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Will Hillary be in the mix on Dem side in 2012?

If there is a serious effort from another democrat in 2012, that will really say a lot about how the democrats feel about Obama's chances in winning in 2012. That would be almost unprecedented in recent political activity to have a serious primary season for the president after his first term.

There was only token pressure when the following presidents were running for their second term, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
If there is a serious effort from another democrat in 2012, that will really say a lot about how the democrats feel about Obama's chances in winning in 2012. .

Yep. Theres still a lot of time for things to change before then, but,
I think Obama has lost a lot of support on the Dem side....at this point in time anyway.

Rooster
01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Sarah Palin lands in Tahiti this afternoon to help with the rescue effort.

ROFL Nice

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM

You and I both know that if we could somehow force Obama and Palin into a debate tomorrow -- letting them ask each other questions -- with no telepromptrs and no prep, it would be a complete blowout and Palin would be all done.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
The Republicans absolutely should nominate her if they think she's the best person on that side for the job. It won't happen, but it would be interesting.

oldandslow
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Seriously, this deserves post of the week or month or year or something...

rep.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
You and I both know that if we could somehow force Obama and Palin into a debate tomorrow -- letting them ask each other questions -- with no telepromptrs and no prep, it would be a complete blowout and Palin would be all done.

That is only your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cannibal
Seriously, this deserves post of the week or month or year or something...

rep.

He does make a great point.

donkhater
People convieniently forget that McCain/Palin actually led in most polls in September of '08. Palin's nomination was THE thing that propelled that ticket to that position.

Then...

Wall Street decided to take a dump and the Democrats laughed all the way to the bank.

To say that Obama is guaranteed 100% re-election against Palin is hyperbole. Weirder sh!t has happened. Like a Muslim-named black man with no experience getting elected POTUS for instance.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
The Republicans absolutely should nominate her if they think she's the best person on that side for the job. It won't happen, but it would be interesting.

Trying to use reverse psychology there pitt?

All you have to do is wait and see what happens. If she is on the ballot then you can play all of the hate games you want. Until then all you are doing is blowing smoke up your own ass. Smoking = cancer, blowing smoke up your own ass = being a liberal.

The Mad Crapper
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Kind of like the guy in the oval office.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM
People convieniently forget that McCain/Palin actually led in most polls in September of '08. Palin's nomination was THE thing that propelled that ticket to that position.

Then...

Wall Street decided to take a dump and the Democrats laughed all the way to the bank.

To say that Obama is guaranteed 100% re-election against Palin is hyperbole. Weirder sh!t has happened. Like a Muslim-named black man with no experience getting elected POTUS for instance.

So, do you think Palin would be a good choice for office in 2012?

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:44 AM

If that's your belief what do you think of the guy in the WH? Last I heard his re-election numbers were that 23% would vote to re-elect. Doesn't say much for the Obots.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:46 AM

At this point in time she has been thrust into the limelight, I'd guess her plan is to get rich while she is there and doesn't really care about being on the ballot.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
At this point in time she has been thrust into the limelight, I'd guess her plan is to get rich while she is there and doesn't really care about being on the ballot.

I think you are right about the money. But, I'm not so sure she has been thrust into the limelight so much as having barged into it.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Trying to use reverse psychology there pitt?

All you have to do is wait and see what happens. If she is on the ballot then you can play all of the hate games you want. Until then all you are doing is blowing smoke up your own ass. Smoking = cancer, blowing smoke up your own ass = being a liberal.I really would have no problem with it. It would certainly limit my choices a bit, but I could handle that. We should be honest, though; she will not be the Republican nominee. No matter how stupid you think Republicans really are, they aren't going to select her as the nominee. There are simply too many others that would make better candidates.

Chief Henry
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
I really would have no problem with it. It would certainly limit my choices a bit, but I could handle that. We should be honest, though; she will not be the Republican nominee. No matter how stupid you think Republicans really are, they aren't going to select her as the nominee. There are simply too many others that would make better candidates.

I don't think she runs - but the republicans know she can attract a crowd and she'll be flown all over to make speech's and take pictures.

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM

You know he was top of class Harvard Law, blah, blah, blah? I mean, his credentials are just a teeny bit more impressive than Palin.

donkhater
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM

No. She has shown adequately that she really has no original ideas of her own. She is, at this point, a neocon puppet trying to make out like an outsider (tea partier, if youwill).

That doesn't mean that I don't think the country wouldn't feel the same way. She is incredibly popular and you cannot underestimate her political clout.

RJ
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Then...

That's all true, but you're leaving out everything that happened with Palin after the convention. While she certainly garnered hundreds of thousands of votes for McCain, she also garnered hundreds of thousands of votes for Obama. I'd be really surprised to see her as the Republican nominee in 2012.

The way I feel right now, if those end up as my choices I'll just stay home.

donkhater
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
That's all true, but you're leaving out everything that happened with Palin after the convention. While she certainly garnered hundreds of thousands of votes for McCain, she also garnered hundreds of thousands of votes for Obama. I'd be really surprised to see her as the Republican nominee in 2012.

The way I feel right now, if those end up as my choices I'll just stay home.

September was after the conventions. October was a disaster for McCain/Palin. Not only the economy, but the non-stop bashing of the VICE-PRESIDENTIAL candidate 24-7.

Ironically, the Democrats had just as big of an idiot running on their ticket, but know one would know it. I wonder why?

fan4ever
01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Want a thread that will draw the obots out of the woodwork? Start a "Palin Sucks" thread. They can't help themselves . . . "You hate her? Me too! You're awesome. No, no, you're awesome..."

It's funny to watch.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
You know he was top of class Harvard Law, blah, blah, blah? I mean, his credentials are just a teeny bit more impressive than Palin.

Who attended all of his classes? I doubt his Harvard Law attendence is anymore impressive as what he's done since being in office. You are still hanging your hat on Palin being the nominee. She is just going for the gold while she is hot. If you think it's more than that you have more of a problem than we all think anyway.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 11:38 AM
You are still hanging your hat on Palin being the nominee. She is just going for the gold while she is hot.You know, I posted essentially the same thing (meaning that we actually agree on this) and you responded by being a complete asshole. WTF is wrong with you?

|Zach|
01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
You know, I posted essentially the same thing (meaning that we actually agree on this) and you responded by being a complete asshole. WTF is wrong with you?

He is a coward.

Brock
01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
You know, I posted essentially the same thing (meaning that we actually agree on this) and you responded by being a complete asshole. WTF is wrong with you?

Just Tom being Tom, right?

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM

Having an off day. I didn't mean to agree with you. Besides, I am an asshole, what's new with that?

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Just Tom being Tom, right?

Good think I'm not bound by your comments.

SNR
01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
You know he was top of class Harvard Law, blah, blah, blah? I mean, his credentials are just a teeny bit more impressive than Palin.AH DUNT SEE NONE O' HIS REAL-WURLD SPERIENCE!!! WHUT DA HEE KNOW BOUT DA REAL WORLD????

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
AH DUNT SEE NONE O' HIS REAL-WURLD SPERIENCE!!! WHUT DA HEE KNOW BOUT DA REAL WORLD????

Not as much as everyone would have us believe. Check what he has done to the U.S. of A.

The biggest question is can the country recover from what is being done between 2009 and 2013?

Brock
01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Good think I'm not bound by your comments.

You're bound to be a dickhead, Tom.

mlyonsd
01-15-2010, 12:16 PM

Change that to a debate while being hooked up to a lie detector and I'd guess the playing field would be leveled.

Radar Chief
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcoDV0dhWPA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcoDV0dhWPA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Inspector
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
The president really needs to be intelligent to handle the office, no doubt.

I mean, if we put some dumbass in there they might use communist advisors or idiots who admire Mao or even try to turn the country into a socialist state and make the government even bigger and more intrusive. I'm pretty sure while a lot of people on here won't agree about much, pretty much everyone would hate to see a president do things that stupid.

Hope that never happens, but with the way some people are willing to vote, who knows? Yikes! All of us good Americans will have to keep our fingers crossed that never happens to this great country of ours.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Damn, you Liberal Loons are a insensitive bunch. Why worry, bitch or complain about someone who may not be on the ticket, much less win it ?

All too funny !

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Damn, you Liberal Loons are a insensitive bunch. Why worry, bitch or complain about someone who may not be on the ticket, much less win it ?

All too funny !

As has been stated about 1,000 times, the liberals WANT her on the ticket.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
As has been stated about 1,000 times, the liberals WANT her on the ticket.

It's possible, but I see somebody else winning the nomination.

IMHO, she would do better winning a senate seat from Alaska first, waiting 2 years and tossing her hat in the ring. :D

She needs some time on CH before being a serious contender IMHO.

bkkcoh
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM

IMHO, she would do better winning a senate seat from Alaska first, waiting 2 years and tossing her hat in the ring. :D

That would make her as qualified as Obama, wouldn't it? Actually more since she had been in the executive branch of government already.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 01:27 PM

I do agree with you on that. She needs A LOT of seasoning before she should even think of running again. She should spend about 12 years in congress learning about things. It would only help her.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I do agree with you on that. She needs A LOT of seasoning before she should even think of running again. She should spend about 12 years in congress learning about things. It would only help her.

12 years should give her time. I threw the 2 in for fun .:D I'm not sure how many it would take to be honest. All I know is the Fox gig is to bring her up to speed on all the stuff in the world to comment on her views. Now does she do a good job is left to be seen, again, I just don't think the time is for her right now.

Not sure another Romney run is going to cut it either.

GOP needs NEW blood to run with, but who ?

Inspector
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd like to see Sarah run.....

........in a really skimpy bikini across a warm carribean beach carrying a bottle of fine wine and some rose petals with the longing look in her eyes.......

mmmmmm....

mlyonsd
That would make her as qualified as Obama, wouldn't it? Actually more since she had been in the executive branch of government already.

Pretty funny huh.

Jenson71
All I know is the Fox gig is to bring her up to speed on all the stuff in the world to comment on her views.

Probably not.

Fritz88
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
ROFL

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Probably not.

I didn't say it would make her ready, I said it's what I see going on basically . But I can't help but laugh every time the Liberals piss on themselves if she speaks.

Funny stuff !ROFL

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
You're bound to be a dickhead, Tom.

Tom, you are just as much of a dickhead as anyone here. Will.

Amnorix
01-15-2010, 02:05 PM

Mad reading skillz.

bigfoot
01-15-2010, 02:32 PM

www.newsbusters.org

MSM ........ they are excused.

George Washington seems like a good choice to me.......No matter what Palin does libs will keep hurling insults......but I'd take her a thousand times over the goofball we have in office now.

whatsmynameagain
01-15-2010, 02:57 PM

George Washington seems like a good choice to me.......No matter what Palin does libs will keep hurling insults......but I'd take her a thousand times over the goofball we have in office now.

ROFL

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Mad reading skillz.

Your comprehension level is slipping, as are your spelling skills.

VAChief
01-15-2010, 05:33 PM

Taco John is a liberal now?

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Actually, if Brown winds the MA seat, I would expect him to be the next GOP nominee.
Yeah I'm sure the Religeous Right is gonna overwhelmingly vote for him.ROFL
http://media.sfexaminer.com/images/Scott-Brown-new3-e1263335501770.jpg

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:48 PM
While I don't think Palin would fare well against Obama, it isn't because Obama is some great debater. We've all seen his ability to orate comes directly from the telepromter. Clinton kicked his ass in the Democratic debates, but it helps when the media is in the tank for you.

He is a very good debater. Hillary was a better one, that's all.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:50 PM

This. I would LOVE to watch that debate.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't think she runs.

I agree with you there. She won't run. Unfortunately. She's just milking her 15 minutes of fame for the enormous amount of money she stands to get.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:54 PM

I think he was being sarcastic.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Only if Obama had teleprompters so his handlers could tell him what to say.

Say what you want about Obama, but you cannot make dumbness stick. The man is pretty sharp.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 09:00 PM

Your observation skills are unparalleled.

That's not a compliment, btw.

petegz28
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Say what you want about Obama, but you cannot make dumbness stick. The man is pretty sharp.

Sharp as a rubber mallet.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Want a thread that will draw the obots out of the woodwork? Start a "Palin Sucks" thread. They can't help themselves . . . "You hate her? Me too! You're awesome. No, no, you're awesome..."

It's funny to watch.

Trust me, it won't even BEGIN to resemble anything like the mutual ass patting that went on on this very forum for 8 years by the Bush herd.

Frankie
01-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Yes. The senate needs its own version of Michele Bachmann.

Say,... HOW ABOUT THOSE TWO FOR A TICKET? :hmmm:

Frankie
01-15-2010, 09:12 PM

Right on bro. That's what I think too. Come on Reps. Nominate Sarah!

Frankie
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM

Voted for Bush twice, didn'tcha?

SNR
01-15-2010, 11:47 PM
http://media.sfexaminer.com/images/Scott-Brown-new3-e1263335501770.jpgDude, gay.

kobebehar
01-16-2010, 12:27 AM
http://media.sfexaminer.com/images/Scott-Brown-new3-e1263335501770.jpg

Had to pop in, missed you guys too much... also, Frankie, that picture is pretty gay, dude.

Norman Einstein
01-16-2010, 04:49 AM

Sharp? He falls all over himself when speaking extemporaneously.
He's not dumb by any means, he is part of the Chicago political mob and is doing business with a heavy hand and directing those idiots in the Senate and Congress to do the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8

You can't tell me the democrats are not arrogant SOB's that are out of control. They are aiming this country into the pit, and if they drive it far enough there will be no recovery.

Inspector
01-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Sharp as a rubber mallet.

Actually he is as sharp as a marble.

stevieray
01-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Dude, gay.
frankie is gay?

nooooooooooooooooooo.

Frankie
01-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Had to pop in, missed you guys too much... also, Frankie, that picture is pretty gay, dude.

Gay or not, HE IS RUNNING FOR THE SENATOR OF MASS.

patteeu
01-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Gay or not, HE IS RUNNING FOR THE SENATOR OF MASS.

I'm glad we have people like you to keep tabs on which of our male politicians are posing nude/semi-nude in various women's magazines. Being a heterosexual male, I would have never known. Keep up the good work, Frankie. :thumb:

RNR
01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Sharp? He falls all over himself when speaking extemporaneously.
He's not dumb by any means, he is part of the Chicago political mob and is doing business with a heavy hand and directing those idiots in the Senate and Congress to do the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8

You can't tell me the democrats are not arrogant SOB's that are out of control. They are aiming this country into the pit, and if they drive it far enough there will be no recovery.
I disagree and although he understands and uses Chicago politics. It is clear to me he is nothing more than a puppet for the power players from the left. They found themselves a light skinned pretty talking Negro to help package their agenda. He is surrounded by longtime politicians and they are pulling the strings and writing the text on the teleprompter. Now the looney left will read this and point out the racist statement ignoring that I merely repeated what Reid said in my description of Obama. When it is all said and done any backlash will be attached to Barry and his "colleagues" will leave him out to dry~

HonestChieffan
01-16-2010, 09:26 AM
I disagree and although he understands and uses Chicago politics. It is clear to me he is nothing more than a puppet for the power players from the left. They found themselves a light skinned pretty talking Negro to help package their agenda. He is surrounded by longtime politicians and they are pulling the strings and writing the text on the teleprompter. Now the looney left will read this and point out the racist statement ignoring that I merely repeated what Reid said in my description of Obama. When it is all said and done any backlash will be attached to Barry and his "colleagues" will leave him out to dry~

Im not into conspiracy garbage but I do wonder who is pulling the strings and what is the linkage? He is so very uncommital to our usual allies and so willing to give in to the people we need to keep an eye on or keep at arms length. Things do not add up.

stevieray
01-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Im not into conspiracy garbage but I do wonder who is pulling the strings and what is the linkage? He is so very uncommital to our usual allies and so willing to give in to the people we need to keep an eye on or keep at arms length. Things do not add up.

They would if his college records would be released. Just like Clinton, I imagine it would expose a commitment to Sol Alinsky and the Progressive movement.

RNR
01-16-2010, 09:51 AM

Conspiracy has nothing to do with it. He was slickly packaged and marketed to the public as a candidate of change. He promised no more of the same old players playing the same old games. Look at his VP and who he is surrounded with. The power players make the calls and the President is nothing more than a face to deliver the message. A rise to the top office this fast can not be done without a shit load of deals being made~

Frankie
01-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm glad we have people like you to keep tabs on which of our male politicians are posing nude/semi-nude in various women's magazines. Being a heterosexual male, I would have never known. Keep up the good work, Frankie. :thumb:

:D

Pat, would you deny that if Brown was the D and Coakley was the R you and the rest of the Righties would have a circle jerk about this?

RNR
01-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Pat, would you deny that if Brown was the D and Coakley was the R you and the rest of the Righties would have a circle jerk about this?

I have no idea about the circle jerk part, but he would be slammed for it. The radical right would be going on about his lack of morals and such~

googlegoogle
01-16-2010, 02:29 PM

Obama is a ivy league policy wonk nerd.

Palin is pure and wants less government.

This is the difference between the two parties. One wants to make sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure and the other doesn't care - it's your car.

SNR
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Sweet! I'm untainted by the current power establishments and want less government, too. Maybe I should run for president...

The Mad Crapper
01-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Sweet! I'm untainted by the current power establishments and want less government, too. Maybe I should run for president...

Are you "clean" and "articulate"?

The_Doctor10
01-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Not as much as everyone would have us believe. Check what he has done to the U.S. of A.

The biggest question is can the country recover from what is being done between 2009 and 2013?

Of course it can; the biggest thing Obama has done, honestly, is restored a lot of your international image. The rest of the world (at least the west) doesn't despise your government nearly as much as it did a year ago.

And besides, it doesn't matter who's running the country, you're still gonna be a bit fucked if China ever decides to collect on all that debt you owe.

The_Doctor10
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Obama is a ivy league policy wonk nerd.

This is the difference between the two parties. One wants to make sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure and the other doesn't care - it's your car.

That may have been the dumbest thing I've ever read, and I the Da Vinci Code.

The Mad Crapper
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Young people voted for Obama for president by 66% to 32%, but they made a bad bargain because 3 million of them now have no job. According to the Center for Labor Market Studies at Northeastern University in Boston, the percentage of young men actually working is the lowest in the 61 years of record keeping.

Norman Einstein
01-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Of course it can; the biggest thing Obama has done, honestly, is restored a lot of your international image. The rest of the world (at least the west) doesn't despise your government nearly as much as it did a year ago.

And besides, it doesn't matter who's running the country, you're still gonna be a bit ****ed if China ever decides to collect on all that debt you owe.

Restored a lot of our international image? We are now seen as the weakest we've ever been. I suppose the rest of the world feels a little more at ease knowing that we have a president that has no balls.

MarcBulger
01-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Book smart prob-ly not, but for such a simpleton she sure ran a State Govt that was well taken care of.....I guess actual work does not mean anything anymore. I understand why she quit, though. Making the dough...

patteeu
01-17-2010, 08:22 AM

How would we have known about it? Would you have posted the pictures?

patteeu
01-17-2010, 08:29 AM

And besides, it doesn't matter who's running the country, you're still gonna be a bit ****ed if China ever decides to collect on all that debt you owe.

The rest of the world (at least western countries like Germany, France, and Canada) were electing governments that brought them closer to the Bush government during Bush's tenure so I'm not sure what measure you're using to convince yourself that our international image was seriously lacking prior to Obama.

A weak US is bad for your country in the long run, whether you realize it or not.

Baby Lee
01-17-2010, 08:30 AM
That may have been the dumbest thing I've ever read, and I the Da Vinci Code.

The whole thing?

donkhater
01-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I really don't doubt the intelligence of either Palin or Obama. It's how much knowledge they have that is in doubt IMO.

Palin is grossly lacking in knowledge on international and even a lot of national issues and because of that, she has resorted to neocon rhetoric that implies (possibly correctly) that she really doesn't have any orginal ideas of her own. It was a product of Republican party pushing her on the national stage before she was ready. She is still fairly young. Not many politicians her age do have that type of knowledge.

Even...

Obama. Yes he recieved a better education, but it is obvious it was seeped heavily in leftist ideology. You have to wonder if even he has any original ideas on subjects because away from the comfort of a telepromter he is a bumbling buffoon. That tells me he isn't rooted in any core principles that he can draw on for articluate answers. Merely, he is just trying to say what is politically favorable.

Knowledge and intelligence is necessary for the position, but it is becoming increasingly obvious to me an VERY important personality trait is humility.

The President and members of Congress are NOT all-knowing. They don't have all the answers. Their jobs should be to protect this country's citizens from attacks on our liberty, either physical attacks or by legislature. They SHOULD NOT be involved in regulating the behavior of the FREE people of this land which lately is what nearly every law that has come out of Washington has been designed to do.

A little recognition that they actually don't know how to solve everything. That would be refreshing.

Frankie
01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
This is the difference between the two parties. One wants to make sure your tires are inflated to the right pressure and the other wants to make sure the bankers can continue the life in which they can still give each other million dollar bonuses.

FYP.

fan4ever
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM

If that was the biggest stupid thing we could pin on a Democrat, we'd all be thrilled.

ROYC75
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Not only was this thread " dumb", so are many of the comments.

Nothing ever changes.

Norman Einstein
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Not only was this thread " dumb", so are many of the comments.

Nothing ever changes.

What you might consider is the tremendous fear they have regarding Sarah Palin being a candidate. They try to make a big joke of it, but the attention she is getting would only be there if they have a gigantic problem with her being a candidate.

I don't know if she would be a good president, I don't even care if she runs, but it's obvious their choice for president is a epic failure.

We will all end up waiting to see the candidates for the office next time around, as long as it isn't Obama I'll be happy.

Velvet_Jones
01-18-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm no Sarah Palin fan but I did hear that 5 out of 4 liberals hated her.

orange
01-18-2010, 01:37 PM
What you might consider is the tremendous fear they have regarding Sarah Palin being a candidate.

ROFL

We haven’t met, but you might remember I was one of the first columnists to tout you for John McCain’s running mate. I cheered you mightily when Senator McCain selected you, and I still believe that you were the smartest choice he could have made given the obstacles before him. I’m also assuming you want to run for president some day.

But not anymore. Oh, you’re still taking flak, but not because you strike fear in the hearts of Democrats. You’re taking flak because you’re striking fear in the hearts of Republicans. For Democrats, fairly or not, you’ve become a laughingstock. And for some of McCain’s campaign managers, you’ve become a convenient excuse for their failures.

- Jonah Goldberg

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZGE1OTE3OTFhMmZkOWE5MDQ5MmZhZTFjMzE2MjcxNTM=

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Sarah Palin dumb NA!

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I, for one, was constantly talking about everything Lloyd Bentson said and years after the 1998 election.

patteeu
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
ROFL

We haven’t met, but you might remember I was one of the first columnists to tout you for John McCain’s running mate. I cheered you mightily when Senator McCain selected you, and I still believe that you were the smartest choice he could have made given the obstacles before him. I’m also assuming you want to run for president some day.

But not anymore. Oh, you’re still taking flak, but not because you strike fear in the hearts of Democrats. You’re taking flak because you’re striking fear in the hearts of Republicans. For Democrats, fairly or not, you’ve become a laughingstock. And for some of McCain’s campaign managers, you’ve become a convenient excuse for their failures.

- Jonah Goldberg

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZGE1OTE3OTFhMmZkOWE5MDQ5MmZhZTFjMzE2MjcxNTM=

Excellent article. I concur.

Norman Einstein
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
ROFL

[INDENT][I]We haven’t met, but you might remember I was one of the first columnists to tout you for John McCain’s running mate. I cheered you mightily when Senator McCain selected you, and I still believe that you were the smartest choice he could have made given the obstacles before him. I’m also assuming you want to run for president some day.

If Sarah is such a laughingstock why is the democratic political machine attacking at all costs? If it were anything but deep seated concern they would be doing nothing.

You might be laughing with your little ROFL, but democrats in general are worried about something.

patteeu
01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
If Sarah is such a laughingstock why is the democratic political machine attacking at all costs? If it were anything but deep seated concern they would be doing nothing.

You might be laughing with your little ROFL, but democrats in general are worried about something.

Why did Ron Paul get so much abuse during the primaries? It sure as hell wasn't because any of the detractors were worried that he'd win the nomination. Republicans were perhaps worried that he'd siphon off votes in an election where there there were none to spare, but democrats ridiculed the Ronulans simply because they considered his candidacy to be a joke.

I think you're wrong about Palin. The democrats don't fear her. Someday maybe they will, but not right now.

Norman Einstein
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Why did Ron Paul get so much abuse during the primaries? It sure as hell wasn't because any of the detractors were worried that he'd win the nomination. Republicans were perhaps worried that he'd siphon off votes in an election where there there were none to spare, but democrats ridiculed the Ronulans simply because they considered his candidacy to be a joke.

I think you're wrong about Palin. The democrats don't fear her. Someday maybe they will, but not right now.

If they don't have a concern of her presence in the political arena why are they spending so much time on the attack? That's the part of the equation that cannot be explained. Do they hate her just for the pure sake of hating?

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 06:21 PM
If they don't have a concern of her presence in the political arena why are they spending so much time on the attack? That's the part of the equation that cannot be explained. Do they hate her just for the pure sake of hating?

Because she's a horrible example of what to be for a liberal woman; received a college education, got married to her high school sweet heart, started raising kids, ran for city council, then mayor, then went up against some of the good old boys, some of her own party, exposed them for their corruption, and eventually won the governorship.

Oh, and didn't abort her Down's Syndrome baby. That was big.

A frickin' nightmare of a woman . . . what's not to hate?

patteeu
01-18-2010, 06:26 PM

Of course it can be explained. They think she's dumb and they think they can make conservatives look dumb by getting them to defend her. I don't think they're completely right about her but I don't think she's ready for a primetime campaign either (and she may never be).

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Of course it can be explained. They think she's dumb and they think they can make conservatives look dumb by getting them to defend her. I don't think they're completely right about her but I don't think she's ready for a primetime campaign either (and she may never be).

She's got a track record of success in an admittedly small state. She's attractive. She's extremely likable, and her positives are surprisingly high for someone who was on the losing ticket so recently. She's not ready for prime time yet, and she wasn't a year ago, but she may be in three years. If nothing else, she energizes conservatives who are desperate for somebody to acknowledge that conservative values are what made our country great. The only thing that the liberals can really latch onto is creating the myth that she is dumb. It's the same thing they've used against every Republican candidate since Nixon.

She's a stark alternative to George Bush, and she's a stark alternative to Barack Obama. She has the potential to mop the floor with the Democrats in 2012. She also has the potential to be shrugged off as another Dan Quayle. The liberals are already fighting that battle now because they don't want her to get traction for 2012.

Calcountry
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
That's what appalls me. People who support her said, "She doesn't need an ivy league education. She's got real-world experience and wisdom. She comes from the school of hard knocks!"

Call me an ivory tower wizard moonbat or whatever the term is now, but I'd like to expect that ANY government executive knows a little bit about the ****ing country they're running.Yeah, I would expect them to know that we have 50 states instead of 57.

Calcountry
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM
In a word..."yes".How absolutely fugging PROFOUND!?!??? :spock::rolleyes:

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
She's got a track record of success in an admittedly small state. She's attractive. She's extremely likable, and her positives are surprisingly high for someone who was on the losing ticket so recently. She's not ready for prime time yet, and she wasn't a year ago, but she may be in three years. If nothing else, she energizes conservatives who are desperate for somebody to acknowledge that conservative values are what made our country great. The only thing that the liberals can really latch onto is creating the myth that she is dumb. It's the same thing they've used against every Republican candidate since Nixon.

She's a stark alternative to George Bush, and she's a stark alternative to Barack Obama. She has the potential to mop the floor with the Democrats in 2012. She also has the potential to be shrugged off as another Dan Quayle. The liberals are already fighting that battle now because they don't want her to get traction for 2012.

Dead on.

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 07:04 PM
IMO if the Democrats keep handing their politics they way they are now, we won't need Palin or anyone particularly charismatic to regain the Whitehouse; it will be Obama-mania in reverse.

patteeu
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM

I pretty much agree, although I'm probably more pessimistic about her ability to realize that potential, particularly by 2012. I think she's already been effectively Quayled and I believe it will take more than one presidential cycle to reform her image. Unfortunately for her, her attractiveness is a big factor in her success IMO and I'm not sure how it will stand up over the next 8 or 12 years.

The liberals may be ridiculing her in part to keep her Quayled (as opposed to giving her a chance to make strides toward a rehabilitated image), but I don't think they really fear her in 2012. I wouldn't, and I both like her and think she's plenty qualified to be POTUS.

patteeu
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
IMO if the Democrats keep handing their politics they way they are now, we won't need Palin or anyone particularly charismatic to regain the Whitehouse; it will be Obama-mania in reverse.

IMO, the best chance for that to happen is if democrats continue to hold dominant control of both houses of Congress and continue to force through damaging socialist legislation. That would be a pretty steep price for the country to pay.

If Republicans gain enough seats to take control of one of the houses (I'm skeptical that they'll be able to do this), I think it will protect the country from Obama's most ambitious "changes" but it will help Obama politically.

I think the reality will be somewhere in between.

orange
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Poll: Most Don't Want Sarah Palin to Run for President

by Kevin Hechtkopf

(CBS)A new CBS News poll finds that a large majority of Americans say they do not want former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to run for president.

Specifically, 71 percent say they do not want the former Republican vice presidential nominee to run for president, while 21 percent say they do want her to run.

When the results are split out by party, 56 percent of Republicans say they do not want her to seek the office and 30 percent do. Meanwhile, 88 percent of Democrats do not want her to run. Among independents, 65 percent do not want her to run and 25 percent do.

The poll also finds that more people view Palin negatively than positively and that her book tour did not improve overall views of her. However, she is a little better-known now than she was last fall, and both favorable and unfavorable ratings of her have increased slightly.

Now, 26 percent of people view Palin favorably, compared with 23 percent in November and July of last year. Forty-one percent now view her unfavorably, compared with 38 percent in November and 37 percent in July (both in CBS News polls). Nineteen percent of people in the current poll are undecided about Palin.

Forty-three percent of Republicans have a favorable opinion of her. Independents are divided, with 30 percent holding favorable views and 35 percent unfavorable.

Conservatives are the only ideological group that holds net positive views of her -- just under half do, while a quarter are unfavorable and a quarter of conservatives are undecided.

But while favorable toward her, most conservatives say they do not want to see Palin run in 2012 – 58 percent of conservatives say she should not run.

Palin is expected to make her next big public appearance at a Tea Party convention early next month in Nashville. The CBS News poll also asked Americans about their views of the new movement, but found it appears to be still be too nascent a movement to have registered yet with most Americans.

Sixty-nine percent of Americans are either undecided about the movement or haven't heard enough so far to have an opinion about it. Among those who have heard of it, 18 percent have a favorable opinion of it and 12 percent have an unfavorable opinion.

Among those who have heard of the movement (many of whom are conservatives), 46 percent say it reflects the views of all Americans while 40 percent say it does not.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6113291.shtml

Jenson71
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I think most conservatives see her as being too vulnerable as of now, rightly so. Be a Senator (full term), spend several years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and then make a run.

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
IMO, the best chance for that to happen is if democrats continue to hold dominant control of both houses of Congress and continue to force through damaging socialist legislation. That would be a pretty steep price for the country to pay.

If Republicans gain enough seats to take control of one of the houses (I'm skeptical that they'll be able to do this), I think it will protect the country from Obama's most ambitious "changes" but it will help Obama politically.

I think the reality will be somewhere in between.

I'd agree; I guess if I had to pick my poison I'd rather have an impotent Obama winning in 2012 than two more years of this insanity; bring on the new seats.

ROYC75
01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I think most conservatives see her as being too vulnerable as of now, rightly so. Be a Senator (full term), spend several years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and then make a run.

That's my take, she needs some seasoning in the Senate first.

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
That's my take, she needs some seasoning in the Senate first.

seasoning = corruption? I think that's why she was a breath of fresh air; not from the Washington machine.

dirk digler
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM
That poll is pretty damning for Palin. I don't know if she was thinking about running but good luck changing that number much.

Also I disagree with everyone who says she needs to be in the Senate. Obama was only the 3rd Senator ever to be elected to POTUS the last one being Kennedy in 1960. Her best play was staying where she was at as Governor.

Cannibal
01-18-2010, 08:33 PM
That poll is pretty damning for Palin. I don't know if she was thinking about running but good luck changing that number much.

Also I disagree with everyone who says she needs to be in the Senate. Obama was only the 3rd Senator ever to be elected to POTUS the last one being Kennedy in 1960. Her best play was staying where she was at as Governor.

That may be true. But she needs a gargantuan amount of "seasoning". Finishing her term as Governor would not have cut it.

dirk digler
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
That may be true. But she needs a gargantuan amount of "seasoning". Finishing her term as Governor would not have cut it.

Well quitting mid-term wasn't smart either. She could have served out her term which would have ended this year and then did the seasoning.

Now all she looks like is a quitter.

Norman Einstein
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Well quitting mid-term wasn't smart either. She could have served out her term which would have ended this year and then did the seasoning.

Now all she looks like is a quitter.

Maybe Obama will follow her lead ?

Frankie
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
She's a stark alternative to George Bush,

Oh brother! Saul, do you actually believe this? She is the same as George Bush, only female. She keeps proving it every time she opens her mouth. She totally matches him in ignorance and lack of curiosity. She's a TOOL and potential dummy for NeoCons and the Radical Religion which has already proven an unholy union for this country.

jidar
01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll bet she forwards shit she gets in her email without checking Snopes.

SNR
01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Bullshit. Either you've got a talent for politics or you don't.

It's like saying Tyler Thigpen just needed seasoning and he could've been an all-star QB. He can improve, but at some point you need to realize he's not going to be a QB capable of leading a team to greatness without a buttload of help around him (see the Ravens, Bucs SB victories).

Sarah Palin will never make a great president, therefore the Republicans shoudl just not even waste their time with her. She quit her governorship, and that's where she belonged. She's got this book deal going for her now, and I think that's the end of the line for her.

Psyko Tek
01-19-2010, 12:24 AM

NICE TITS?

cause morons vote?

I do like her legs

orange
01-19-2010, 03:33 AM
NICE TITS?

cause morons vote?

I do like her legs

She inspired a video game:

http://gamehunter.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bayonetta.jpg

Norman Einstein
01-19-2010, 05:07 AM

It's like saying Tyler Thigpen just needed seasoning and he could've been an all-star QB. He can improve, but at some point you need to realize he's not going to be a QB capable of leading a team to greatness without a buttload of help around him (see the Ravens, Bucs SB victories).

Sarah Palin will never make a great president, therefore the Republicans shoudl just not even waste their time with her. She quit her governorship, and that's where she belonged. She's got this book deal going for her now, and I think that's the end of the line for her.
Politicians and QB's? I'm pretty sure the logic isn't there. All the libs felt and feel that Obama is a great president, fact prove otherwise. Palin may not be a great president but with no doubt she could be better than Obama.

patteeu
01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Oh brother! Saul, do you actually believe this? She is the same as George Bush, only female. She keeps proving it every time she opens her mouth. She totally matches him in ignorance and lack of curiosity. She's a TOOL and potential dummy for NeoCons and the Radical Religion which has already proven an unholy union for this country.

George W. Bush tried to find a "third way" compromise with big government liberals on domestic policy which is why he earns so much disdain from conservatives. Sarah Palin doesn't strike me as someone who would so willingly choose that path.

They both talk funny and smile a lot so in those superficial ways, I guess you're right that they are the same. Neither is ignorant. Only a fool would think they are.

patteeu
01-19-2010, 07:31 AM

Political history is full of people who failed miserably only to rebound later in life. Richard Nixon fell on his face the first time he ran for President.

Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs on his way to a 3-13 record in his rookie season.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Political history is full of people who failed miserably only to rebound later in life. Richard Nixon fell on his face the first time he ran for President.

Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs on his way to a 3-13 record in his rookie season.But Niixon was intelligent. Manning had natural talent. Palin has neither.

Cannibal
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM

I am in agreement with you. However, if she was even going to attempt it, she needed a major education in national politics (and math, reading, english, science and history for that matter).

beer bacon
01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
George W. Bush tried to find a "third way" compromise with big government liberals on domestic policy which is why he earns so much disdain from conservatives. Sarah Palin doesn't strike me as someone who would so willingly choose that path.

They both talk funny and smile a lot so in those superficial ways, I guess you're right that they are the same. Neither is ignorant. Only a fool would think they are.

George Bush ended up a massive failure, and that is why conservatives hate him. He was the conservative Messiah for a good stretch after 9/11, but in another ten years the entire country will be convinced he was really just another ebil libral.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
George Bush ended up a massive failure, and that is why conservatives hate him. He was the conservative Messiah for a good stretch after 9/11, but in another ten years the entire country will be convinced he was really just another ebil libral.

No he wasn't. :rolleyes:

He was an alternative to Al Gore who's entire campaign was financed by Red China.

Cannibal
01-19-2010, 08:52 AM

He was an alternative to Al Gore who's entire campaign was financed by Red China.

He was an incompetent failure that started most of the policies you're constantly crying about everyday on this board.

Chief Henry
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
He was an incompetent failure that started most of the policies you're constantly crying about everyday on this board.

And Obama has taken an 11 trillion $$$ debt and in one year doubled it to
dam near 22 trillion. Obama-you're savior has made everything worse :shake:

beer bacon
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM

George W. Bush has always been a liberal. We have always been at war with George W. Bush.

stevieray
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
funny how the same people can't get over a private citizen, while ignoring corruption and the push for progressivism they endorsed.

patteeu
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
But Niixon was intelligent. Manning had natural talent. Palin has neither.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

NewChief
01-19-2010, 09:01 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Okay. Nixon wasn't that smart either. :p

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 09:02 AM

He wanted libtards to love him-- just like McSame.

:rolleyes:

patteeu
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM

Massive failure is what we elected in 2008.

Bush was never a conservative Messiah. Sorry, but the far left doesn't get to decide these things for conservatives.

Cannibal
01-19-2010, 09:08 AM
And Obama has taken an 11 trillion $$$ debt and in one year doubled it to
dam near 22 trillion. Obama-you're savior has made everything worse :shake:

Our national debt is nowhere near 22 trillion. Obama was given a shit sandwich (no one can deny that) and it's only been one year. It's early and he's trying to fix a problem we've had for damn near a century. So I am reserving judgement on that until later in his term. However, we do have concrete evidence that over 8 years, Bush was one of the worst presidents of all time.

patteeu
01-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Okay. Nixon wasn't that smart either. :p

Ha, I realized that it was somewhat ambiguous so I edited it to clarify. :)

stevieray
01-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Nixon was the first to bring MLK to Washington as a political figure.

Jenson71
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Edgar Nixon?

NewChief
01-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Nixon also instituted a minimum wage and was pretty committed to the environment.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Okay. Nixon wasn't that smart either. :pI didn't say smart, I said intelligent. Big difference in my book.

Chief Henry
01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Our national debt is nowhere near 22 trillion. Obama was given a shit sandwich (no one can deny that) and it's only been one year. It's early and he's trying to fix a problem we've had for damn near a century. So I am reserving judgement on that until later in his term. However, we do have concrete evidence that over 8 years, Bush was one of the worst presidents of all time.

Thats your opinion. You are intitled to it. Obama has only been Presidnet for one year and he's sent our country down hill faster in his one year than
W did in 8 years. Obama's debt and policies are CHOKING any resemblance of an economic turnaround. Obama has already proved that he is one of the worst presidents of all time and many voters since his election have shown to have mass quantities of buyers remorse. Todays vote in Mass. could prove that again. Many people in this country understand they screwed the pooch when they voted for your savior Barack Hussein Obama.

ROYC75
01-19-2010, 11:13 AM

Yur right, 22 was a high number, but watching these #'s skyrocket, makes one wonder how soon before we get there.http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

He has already spent more than all the POTUS combined, how do you pay for that ? It will take 100 years if we stop spending now with no new programs. In 20 - 30 years when something else needs fixed, how do we pay for it ?

Jenson71
01-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Nixon also instituted a minimum wage and was pretty committed to the environment.

And affirmative action.

Cannibal
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Thats your opinion. You are intitled to it. Obama has only been Presidnet for one year and he's sent our country down hill faster in his one year than
W did in 8 years. Obama's debt and policies are CHOKING any resemblance of an economic turnaround. Obama has already proved that he is one of the worst presidents of all time and many voters since his election have shown to have mass quantities of buyers remorse. Todays vote in Mass. could prove that again. Many people in this country understand they screwed the pooch when they voted for your savior Barack Hussein Obama.

LOL. This post is the perfect example of Newfin's poll from a few days ago.

Chief Henry
01-19-2010, 01:08 PM
LOL. This post is the perfect example of Newfin's poll from a few days ago.

So you don't see buyers remorse in the country. Open your eyes fool.
Its all around you. ROFL

fan4ever
01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
And affirmative action.

...and he proposed and signed the EPA into existance if I remember correctly.

Chief Henry
01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Buyers Remorse Cannnibal ?

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
And affirmative action.

What year was that, 1972? A legitimate case was made then and very few people could argue against it, but good intentions have paved a road to Hell. They should have never left that open-ended like they did.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 09:09 AM

People have been chomping at the bit---

Every time an election presents itself the voter turnout is unprecedented and it always goes in favor of the candidate NOT endorsed by B.O.

These idiots are in denial, wait until November.

Frankie
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM

ROFL
I can't help but read this in the Homer Simpson voice?

Frankie
01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

BINGO. We have a winner.

Frankie
01-20-2010, 11:20 AM
funny how the same people can't get over a private citizen, while ignoring corruption and the push for progressivism they endorsed.

Is the private citizen in jail for the treason and the ruination of his country he allowed to make his corporate friends rich? :hmmm:

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Is the private citizen in jail for the treason and the ruination of his country he allowed to make his corporate friends rich? :hmmm:

Are you drunk?

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
ROFL
I can't help but read this in the Homer Simpson voice?

fa fa phooey!

http://www.haciendapub.com/yearrat.html

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:25 AM
BINGO. We have a winner.

Nothing more worthless than an endorsement from a muh muh monkey!

patteeu
01-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Are you drunk?

No matter what people think of Sarah Palin, Frankie is determined to make her look smart by comparison.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:28 AM
No matter what people think of Sarah Palin, Frankie is determined to make her look smart by comparison.

ROFL

Norman Einstein
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Are you drunk?

Not drunk, he's just living in a world oblivious to everything around him.

wild1
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM

He may be the only person up to the task.

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM

At least I had the decency to ask him if he was drunk. :)

Frankie
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Are you drunk?

No. just correct.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
No. just correct.

kruh kruh CRACKHEAD!

Frankie
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Not drunk, he's just living in a world oblivious to everything around him.

A true glass house violation. Are you NOT oblivious to the fact that outing a CIA operative is TREASON?

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 12:20 PM

I stand corrected. Carry on.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 12:37 PM

ROFL

Chief Henry
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM

The thread is over ROFL