PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Qestion for Liberals & Conservatives Poll to follow !

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Question for Liberals & Conservatives Poll to follow !

Do you feel it's best to have a strong leader as POTUS with a weak cabinet members or a strong cabinet members with a weaker POTUS.

Obviously we need strong across the board. But we have had in the past a POTUS with a very strong cabinet that has made the POTUS look very well in his work.

Other than the strong leader & cabinet, which one do you see as a better option and why ?

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
OK, mucked that up, QUESTION !

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Strong Prez with a strong cabinet.

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Neither

The presidential branch was written as the weakest branch with the most legislative power in the Congress, particularly the HOUSE. It no longer operates this way though gaining more powers under both parties. Most people suffer from the "Moses Syndrome" aka needing a strong leader.

Both parties think they're wiser than our Framers too. Since both the left and the right ( even if it's really not really on the right anymore) love to infringe, abuse and tinker with this branch of our govt.

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
No need for a cabinet if you have enough Czars.

Put the Czars back in the cabinet when you are done.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I think a balanced administration is needed.

It would actually be great if everything would have to be split between the party factions. 50/50 (until a viable 3rd party is allowed in). If the Pres is D then the VP should have to be R. In the election if the D wins the guy that is R is his VP.

I know all that is a pipe dream but I think we have proof that the status quo does not work.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Strong Prez with a strong cabinet.

I know , that's what I said but it wasn't an option. Which of the lesser 2 would you like to see.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
I think a balanced administration is needed.

It would actually be great if everything would have to be split between the party factions. 50/50 (until a viable 3rd party is allowed in). If the Pres is D then the VP should have to be R. In the election if the D wins the guy that is R is his VP.

I know all that is a pipe dream but I think we have proof that the status quo does not work.

That is not even an option and will never happen.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
That is not even an option and will never happen.

I as much as said that in my last line.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I went with the strong Prez, but I guess I was assuming that "strong" also equated to "wise". Upon further reflection I realize that is not necessarily true and think that I was wrong in that hasty decision.

Hydrae
01-15-2010, 11:20 AM
A strong leader can make up for weaker underlings no matter what business you are in. A weak leader can undermine a strong group of underlings as well.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
A strong leader can make up for weaker underlings no matter what business you are in. A weak leader can undermine a strong group of underlings as well.

Very true. Theres also a scenario where a strong leader might be out of controll and do actual damage and weaker underlings would be unable to stop that. So, its kind of a catch-22 type of question.

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
All posts considered what do you all feel Reagans presidency was?
Strong Prez weak administration?
Storong Administration weak Prez?
Balanced?

oldandslow
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Neither

The presidential branch was written as the weakest branch with the most legislative power in the Congress, particularly the HOUSE. It no longer operates this way though gaining more powers under both parties. Most people suffer from the "Moses Syndrome" aka needing a strong leader.

Both parties think they're wiser than our Framers too. Since both the left and the right ( even if it's really not really on the right anymore) love to infringe, abuse and tinker with this branch of our govt.

I scare myself as I get closer and closer to BEP's way of thought...if I could just find a way for libertarian's to deal with environmental issues....

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
All posts considered what do you all feel Reagans presidency was?
Strong Prez weak administration?
Storong Administration weak Prez?
Balanced?

Reagan was weak at first but grew into a strong POTUS by his 4th year, IMHO. He had a well established cabinet around him that made him and made it balanced in the end.

Jenson71
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't really see why or how either of those would lead to different outcomes.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't really see why or how either of those would lead to different outcomes.

We all know a good supporting cast will make anybody better. Superstar player with small cast usually fall on their noses.

We all want balance, but if the tables are tipped, which is better. A strong leader with weak cast or a strong cast with a weaker leader.

Personally, for the good of the country IMHO, I say a strong cast is better with a weaker leader.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
We all know a good supporting cast will make anybody better. Superstar player with small cast usually fall on their noses.

We all want balance, but if the tables are tipped, which is better. A strong leader with weak cast or a strong cast with a weaker leader.

Personally, for the good of the country IMHO, I say a strong cast is better with a weaker leader.

That's because you want Palin to be President, so you're kind of doing a little justification/rationalization to have a complete moron to occupy the highest office.

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 02:21 PM
That's because you want Palin to be President, so you're kind of doing a little justification/rationalization to have a complete moron to occupy the highest office.

I have never said that, but it's funny how the left is scared of her.

I want to see who emerges as the leader and who else runs. I want to know more about Thune from SD.

Thanks for playing the I know Roy game better than Roy knows Roy ! You lose !

Jenson71
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM

I don't see how either could be better or why it's even important. A better question would be "What's better? A stronger executive or a stronger legislature?"