PDA

View Full Version : Poop The Intelligence of DC

NewChief
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Okay,

I'm just curious what the feeling is here. Please put aside your partisan blinders for a bit and try to answer honestly.

I think that both the liberals and the conservatives on here both have some fairly equal standout intellectuals. There are definitely people on here from both sides more intelligent and knowledgeable about... well everything... than me.

That being said, when you talk about the low end of the intelligence spectrum, it really does seem like there are some truly dumb fucking conservatives on here. I mean, bottom of the barrel fucking stupid. Admittedly, I'm a liberal, so maybe I'm just biased. I honestly don't see that many liberals on here who I'd truly consider to be morons (insert joke about OP here).

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
1.) KC is a midwest sports team.
2.) The midwest is predominantly conservative.
3.) This board therefore is predominantly conservative.
4.) Your poll results will obviously be skewed regardless of the actual truth of the matter.

wild1
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
What's worse, being dumb, or willingly swallowing hope/change kool aide to the levels that some people have?

CoMoChief
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, for one thing in the grand scheme of things considering the economy and BO, you have to be a complete idiot to think that fixing the economy is going to happen by creating more money out of thin air/creating more debt and causing inflation.

Seriously the democrats view on all of this is "Don't worry we'll just throw more money into the pot, It will all go away soon."

NewChief
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
What's worse, being dumb, or willingly swallowing hope/change kool aide to the levels that some people have?

That's a valid question. I don't honestly know that there's a good measure of what equals "intelligence." Some of these people who I consider to be "dumb" are probably way more successful financially than I am... so who is the real dumbass? I'm just saying that some people on here come off as truly stupid when they present arguments or participate in debates.

SNR
01-15-2010, 01:29 PM
4.) Your poll results will obviously be skewed regardless of the actual truth of the matter.This myth has been disproven quite often on this forum.

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e588340120a7d876a6970b-800wi

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
This myth has been disproven quite often on this forum.

Time and again, this board has shown to be predominatly conservative. I've never seen otherwise. Maybe I just missed those threads.

stevieray
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
...at one time or another..we all get caught up in pointing a finger and saying Hey, at least I'm not as bad as "those" people.

...currently, I think it speaks more to lines being drawn in the sand..like 'right' side of history.

Donger
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd say they are equal.

SNR
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
The stupid liberals on here mostly continue the Bush-bashing blame game for the way the government is being run on here. They get knee-deep in partisan politics and treat debates like soccer matches. It's their team versus the other team.

The stupid conservatives on here do the same thing, but alongside that group are racists and morons.

So I voted the stupid conservatives dumber.

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I vote present

NewChief
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I also think that it might often be a problem with reading comprehension and written expression, so the way a person appears to be on here may not accurately reflect their real world intelligence. The opposite is probably also true: someone who has good writing skills may come off as more intelligent on here than they actually are in real life.

(So my last two posts are probably more reflective of what I'm trying to explore with this thread than the rather provocative OP).

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Looks like the Ls are more biased than the Cs.

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 01:51 PM
4.) Your poll results will obviously be skewed regardless of the actual truth of the matter.

You forgot to mention football has more conservative posters. Ya' know the big macho-guy stands. Liberals watch more baseball. It's just well, you got the Royals is all.

Mr. Kotter
01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
You forgot to mention football has more conservative posters. Ya' know the big macho-guy stands. Liberals watch more baseball. It's just well, you got the Royals is all.

Yeah....why you'd hang out with us, when you'd clearly be more comfortable attending the symphony or ballet with a metrosexual carrying a man-purse who's just had a manicure....well, it's beyond me.

;)

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah....why you'd hang out with us, when you'd clearly be more comfortable attending the symphony or ballet with a metrosexual carrying a man-purse who's just had a manicure....well, it's beyond me.

;)

Nah, you're all just so much fun is why. I'm registered on several Pats and Bucs board. Even a Bengals one for politics because I was invited. All courtesy of Football Huddles. Got to know folks from other teams....is how I landed here.

patteeu
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Dumb liberals are more likely to cut and run from the withering intellectual fire of DC's thoughtful conservatives whereas people like me will stick around no matter how much I get owned so I voted like I always vote... conservatives. I don't think there's a big difference though.

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 02:09 PM

I figured liberals watched soccer.

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I figured liberals watched soccer.

or Skating

ROYC75
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I vote present

ROFL

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 02:28 PM

That's not dumb to them. The kind of change, at least domestically, Obama is bringing is what they want. Can't call that stupid for vote for him if you want that.

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
NewPhin got butt hurt thinking I said liberals were dumber. I voted neither.
I said the Conservatives didn't even vote for liberals being dumber either.

RJ
01-15-2010, 02:31 PM
What are those little circles in the pole for?

Norman Einstein
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
The outcome of the poll so far shows there are more conservative haters here than conservatives that hate liberals. go figure!

blaise
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Time and again, this board has shown to be predominatly conservative. I've never seen otherwise. Maybe I just missed those threads.

I don't think that's true of the DC forum. I'd a it's pretty equal.

Dallas Chief
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Okay,

I'm just curious what the feeling is here. Please put aside your partisan blinders for a bit and try to answer honestly.

I think that both the liberals and the conservatives on here both have some fairly equal standout intellectuals. There are definitely people on here from both sides more intelligent and knowledgeable about... well everything... than me.

That being said, when you talk about the low end of the intelligence spectrum, it really does seem like there are some truly dumb fucking conservatives on here. I mean, bottom of the barrel fucking stupid. Admittedly, I'm a liberal, so maybe I'm just biased. I honestly don't see that many liberals on here who I'd truly consider to be morons (insert joke about OP here).

Spoken like a true liberal elitist! It just amazes me that the working man considers your ilk his friend and champion. Somebody from the DNC should send you a button or something.

blaise
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Okay,

That being said, when you talk about the low end of the intelligence spectrum, it really does seem like there are some truly dumb ****ing conservatives on here. I mean, bottom of the barrel ****ing stupid. Admittedly, I'm a liberal, so maybe I'm just biased. I honestly don't see that many liberals on here who I'd truly consider to be morons (insert joke about OP here).

I can solve this for you- even the dumbest conservatives have a job and buy internet access, so they're able to post.
The dumb liberals sit around collecting government money and buy cigarettes instead of internet access. The only time they can post is when they wander down to the public library, infest it with body odor and halitosis, and log onto a computer.
Then they go home to not look for a job.
You few liberals with jobs and brains skew the curve.

NewChief
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
NewPhin got butt hurt thinking I said liberals were dumber. I voted neither.
I said the Conservatives didn't even vote for liberals being dumber either.

I actually got "butt hurt" because I felt (perhaps wrongly) that you were being intellectually dishonest, which I don't usually see from you. I probably should have sent you a PM with my point instead of doing it in a rep statement.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I can solve this for you- even the dumbest conservatives have a job and buy internet access, so they're able to post.
The dumb liberals sit around collecting government money and buy cigarettes instead of internet access. The only time they can post is when they wander down to the public library, infest it with body odor and halitosis, and log onto a computer.
Then they go home to not look for a job.
You few liberals with jobs and brains skew the curve.Could be, but it doesn't explain talk radio. Somebody spends a lot of time listening to that stuff. I would guess that most are conservative (although certainly not all) and somehow have time to listen. I'm not going to make a completely baseless statement about them being unemployed (because I honestly don't know), but I would guess that some don't have jobs.

BucEyedPea
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Could be, but it doesn't explain talk radio. Somebody spends a lot of time listening to that stuff. I would guess that most are conservative (although certainly not all) and somehow have time to listen. I'm not going to make a completely baseless statement about them being unemployed (because I honestly don't know), but I would guess that some don't have jobs.

Time to listen? Radio is easy. I heard people with Limbaugh on at two places where I worked. Radio can be played on the drive home from work. Gotta a long drive? There's the time right there. I wake up to a clock radio and lay there for a half-hour listening to it before I can get out of bed.

Now how much time per evening do people watch tv or log onto the internet? It's not hard to get a least one hour of talk radio in every day. Even can be while tinkering in the garage on weekends.

Reaper16
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
How do we measure "dumber?" There are some dumb-ass people on both sides of the fence, but there are indisputably more -- in number of posters -- on the conservative side just by virtue of there being more conservatives posting here. Does the numbers [dis]advantage make for a measurement of "dumber?"

PRIEST
01-15-2010, 07:15 PM

This

mlyonsd
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
I'd wager every liberal poster in this forum is smarter than Danny Glover, and he's all famous and stuff.

Mr. Kotter
01-15-2010, 09:49 PM
I'd wager every liberal poster in this forum is smarter than Danny Glover, and he's all famous and stuff.

I'd wager every conservative poster in this forum is smarter than Rush Limbaugh too, and he's rich and famous and stuff too.

Norman Einstein
01-16-2010, 06:22 AM

I heard Danny Glover's rant yesterday. The guy has clocked out mentally. Seems to be kind of standard for the liberal entertainers.

patteeu
01-16-2010, 07:30 AM
I'd wager every conservative poster in this forum is smarter than Rush Limbaugh too, and he's rich and famous and stuff too.

That's idiotic.

Can I get a clarification from the proctor? Which side does Mr. Kotter count against?

mlyonsd
01-16-2010, 07:37 AM

Heh, must have had your nose in the Drink of Choice thread a little deep last night aye?

banyon
01-16-2010, 10:09 AM
This myth has been disproven quite often on this forum.

When did that happen?

RJ
01-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow. I just read that Danny Glover stuff. That's some crazy shit.

I wonder what else global warming causes? I'm really rooting for the Ravens tonight. If they lose and I find out it was because of global warming I'm going to be pissed.

blaise
01-16-2010, 10:19 AM
When did that happen?

It's ok. We know you don't think conservatives are just idiots. They're idiots and racists.

banyon
01-16-2010, 02:23 PM
It's ok. We know you don't think conservatives are just idiots. They're idiots and racists.

What a deceptive and petty smear attempt.

Taco John
01-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Where is the "there are some smart fucking libertarians around here" option?

Bearcat2005
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Where is the "there are some smart ****ing libertarians around here" option?

Yes that is much desired. LMAO

Taco John
01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
When did that happen?

About three times a year it happens

SNR
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
When did that happen?This thread is one example.

banyon
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
This thread is one example.

How?

SNR
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
How?Look at the poll results

banyon
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Look at the poll results

A) Why wouldn't that be a factual distinction for people as opposed to a partisan linked reply?

B) This poll hasn't been up very long, were the drive-by conservative grenade chuckers able to get a shot at it, or were it posted in the Lounge, the results might be very different.

C) When were the prior occasions you originally referred to?

SNR
01-16-2010, 04:11 PM
A) Why wouldn't that be a factual distinction for people as opposed to a partisan linked reply?

B) This poll hasn't been up very long, were the drive-by conservative grenade chuckers able to get a shot at it, or were it posted in the Lounge, the results might be very different.

C) When were the prior occasions you originally referred to?I was mostly referring to Cannibal's last statement in post #3 or whatever it was. Can't remember the exact one. I agree with him that there are more conservatives than liberals on this forum. The statement I disagreed with was this one:

Clearly this poll is not skewed towards any actual truth on the matter.

As for part B, this thread has been up a couple days now. If there are as many conservatives in this forum as stated, there should be plenty of opportunity to show a bias. And posting it in the Lounge is stupid because NewPhin's question pertained to the DC forum only.

As for your part C, I can't remember and don't want to look it up. I don't even know what I would search for. It'd be impossible. But I've seen it before. I know I have.

NewChief
01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Where is the "there are some smart ****ing libertarians around here" option?

I actually thought about distinguishing you guys from the conservatives, but I knew that an argument would ensue where you all took umbrage at not being labeled the true conservatives, since you often see yourselves as such (a sentiment with which I agree for the most part). Anyway, I did think of you ;)

BucEyedPea
01-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I actually thought about distinguishing you guys from the conservatives, but I knew that an argument would ensue where you all took umbrage at not being labeled the true conservatives, since you often see yourselves as such.

You'd make a good shrink! :thumb:;) Spot on diagnosis.

Cannibal
01-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I was mostly referring to Cannibal's last statement in post #3 or whatever it was. Can't remember the exact one. I agree with him that there are more conservatives than liberals on this forum. The statement I disagreed with was this one:

Clearly this poll is not skewed towards any actual truth on the matter.

As for part B, this thread has been up a couple days now. If there are as many conservatives in this forum as stated, there should be plenty of opportunity to show a bias. And posting it in the Lounge is stupid because NewPhin's question pertained to the DC forum only.

As for your part C, I can't remember and don't want to look it up. I don't even know what I would search for. It'd be impossible. But I've seen it before. I know I have.

So far, you are correct, I WAS WRONG and I admit it. This poll has not been skewed to the right. I am very surprised by that. If when you said it was untrue that this board would have a conservative bias was based on this thread only and not as supposedly evidenced previously (because I still have not seen that), then we agree on this.

SNR
01-16-2010, 05:49 PM
So far, you are correct, I WAS WRONG and I admit it. This poll has not been skewed to the right. I am very surprised by that. If when you said it was untrue that this board would have a conservative bias was based on this thread only and not as supposedly evidenced previously (because I still have not seen that), then we agree on this.Sweet. Now make me a roast beef sandwich. :evil:

Cannibal
01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Sweet. Now make me a roast beef sandwich. :evil:

You want a side of cyanide with that :evil: .... kidding ... only kidding.