PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Then vs. Now: Katrina vs Haiti

wild1
01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Reading news reports of total anarchy in Haiti, bodies piling up and impeding traffic, and a total lack of government presence at all - a government that by the way had taken billions in aid from us even before the earthquake - It crossed my mind that if this were happening prior to Jan of 2009, who'd be getting the blame. Of course, the coverage was in large part objectivizing the transfer of blame to the Bush administration in that case. Now we have no shortage of shots of planes taking off and ships setting sail.

But here's one leftist kook's opinion that it's the earth's response to our failing at Copenhagen :deevee:

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

Actor Danny Glover believes that the Haitian earthquake was caused by climate change and global warming:

Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?”

Frazod
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Wow. I'll see your Pat Robertson and raise you Danny Glover. Fucking morons. :shake:

Garcia Bronco
Ov Vey!

wild1
To be fair, the cranks said that Katrina was the fault of global warming (and thus Bush) too.

Cannibal
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow. I'll see your Pat Robertson and raise you Danny Glover. Fucking morons. :shake:

While what Glover said was fucking assinine, Robertson actually blamed the victims of the quake while the bodies are still warm.

Brock
01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
How does Danny Glover remember his lines if he's that fucking stupid?

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 01:31 PM
How does Danny Glover remember his lines if he's that ****ing stupid?

telepromter?

wild1
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
How does Danny Glover remember his lines if he's that ****ing stupid?

It does explain Operation Dumbo Drop.

CoMoChief
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
It does explain Operation Dumbo Drop.

Or his character in "Shooter" ROFL

Frazod
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM
How does Danny Glover remember his lines if he's that fucking stupid?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible he was drunk when he said it? Stoned? Recovering from a lobotomy? Jesus.

Taco John
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Why do I get the sense that we're going to start being taxed due to plate techtonics. We owe it to the third world due to our "plate debt."

wild1
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Why do I get the sense that we're going to start being taxed due to plate techtonics. We owe it to the third world due to our "plate debt."

It's probably our resistance to Kyoto that caused this.

We should just give the UN and some enviro-nuts in Denmark a blank check to cover the damages.

We'll just tax CEOs or something...

Bwana
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Glover has been wacked out for years.

Chief Faithful
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Was Glover serious? When I first heard it I thought he was just making fun of Pat Robertson.

Frazod
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I was reading Glover's comment correctly. Perhaps he feels Mother Earth was pissed by the crappy outcome of the Copenhagen summit and decided to wipe out a bunch of impoverished black people with an earthquake as revenge?

It's so hard to interpret this level this FUCKING INSANE. :banghead:

HonestChieffan
01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure I was reading Glover's comment correctly. Perhaps he feels Mother Earth was pissed by the crappy outcome of the Copenhagen summit and decided to wipe out a bunch of impoverished black people with an earthquake as revenge?

It's so hard to interpret this level this ****ING INSANE. :banghead:

Icebergs are white, snow is white. It melts and eathquakes happen to poor black people.

Damn man can't you follow this simple logic?

Earthling
01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
My head hurts.

Jenson71
01-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Why the threads about stupid people? Our political and social discourse is always centered on the lowest common denomination. Some idiot said this idiotic thing -- HEADLINE! Another idiot said that idiotic thing -- HEADLINE!

Frazod
01-15-2010, 04:12 PM
My head hurts.

I blame global warming.

Earthling
01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I blame global warming.

Lol
Well there is less shade up there these days. :D

Reaper16
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
I listened to the audio to hear his delivery of that absurd line and, yup, he's a retard.

Jenson71
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Next you think know, threads are going to be started about something petegz said that we should all care about.

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/cover-sidebar/magazines/coverimages/WStandard.15-18.Jan25.jpg

Chiefshrink
01-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Obama's 'political Katrina' is "NOT" Haiti.

Obama's 'political Katrina' was the terrorist "Christmas Day bomber". This IMO really woke the American people up to O's naive incompetence to national security and will be his undoing in the long run.

Brock
01-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Obama's 'political Katrina' is "NOT" Haiti.

Obama's 'political Katrina' was the terrorist "Christmas Day bomber". This IMO really woke the American people up to O's naive incompetence to national security and will be his undoing in the long run.

I don't see how he had anything to do with that, and I also don't see any republicans running up to the front with solutions to national security problems, such as FIXING THE FUCKING BORDER WITH MEXICO.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't see how he had anything to do with that, and I also don't see any republicans running up to the front with solutions to national security problems, such as FIXING THE ****ING BORDER WITH MEXICO.

Oh my friend, look at the time line of his national response to the terrorist on top of the Napolitano double take:rolleyes: Where have you been?

Agree with you on the "border issue" which is one of my many beefs with the progressive Republican party but as these elections go in 2010 and 2012 I'm pretty sure you will see true conservatives take back the Republican party and crack down on the border.:thumb:

DJ's left nut
01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Why the threads about stupid people? Our political and social discourse is always centered on the lowest common denomination. Some idiot said this idiotic thing -- HEADLINE! Another idiot said that idiotic thing -- HEADLINE!

If we only started threads when public figures said intelligent things, this would be a very slow forum.

Brock
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Agree with you on the "border issue" which is one of my many beefs with the progressive Republican party but as these elections go in 2010 and 2012 I'm pretty sure you will see true conservatives take back the Republican party and crack down on the border.:thumb:

Oh, you're pretty sure you'll see the true conservatives take back the Republican party? Are you pretty sure they won't take the same money they were taking before to make the same fucked up decisions they were making before? You've summed up the term "naive idealogue" pretty handily here.

wild1
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't see how he had anything to do with that, and I also don't see any republicans running up to the front with solutions to national security problems, such as FIXING THE ****ING BORDER WITH MEXICO.

I agree on that topic, but most of the political energy is devoted right now to resisting the government takeover of health care (and everything else).

Until the White House changes hands, no possibility exists that congress - even if it were taken over in both houses by Rs - would do something meaningful on that issue. They'd need a 2/3 majority for any real reform.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh, you're pretty sure you'll see the true conservatives take back the Republican party? Are you pretty sure they won't take the same money they were taking before to make the same ****ed up decisions they were making before? You've summed up the term "naive idealogue" pretty handily here.

We'll see who is naive in the end brother Brock. Just remains to be seen if the Repub party sees the error of its ways and returns to Reagan or a true 3rd party evolves into the Tea Party. I quite frankly would like to see the party return to Reagan because the 3rd party as legitimate as it may be just allows to much potential for the left to be in play.

Velvet_Jones
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Perhaps he feels Mother Earth was pissed by the crappy outcome of the Copenhagen summit and decided to wipe out a bunch of impoverished black people.....

Yes - exactly like Katrina - Kanya West - 2005

CoMoChief
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Haiti was GWB's fault!!!!