PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Sources: Obama advisers believe Coakley will lose

petegz28
01-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Washington (CNN) - Multiple advisers to President Obama have privately told party officials that they believe Democrat Martha Coakley is going to lose Tuesday’s special election to fill the Massachusetts Senate seat held by the late Ted Kennedy for more than 40 years, several Democratic sources told CNN Sunday.

The sources added that the advisers are still hopeful that Obama's visit to Massachusetts on Sunday - coupled with a late push by Democratic activists - could help Coakley pull out a narrow victory in an increasingly tight race against Republican state Sen. Scott Brown.

However, the presidential advisers have grown increasingly pessimistic in the last three days about Coakley's chances after a series of missteps by the candidate, sources said.

But White House spokesman Bill Burton told CNN: "The President is in Massachusetts today because he believes Martha Coakley is the right person for the job and indeed will be the next senator from Massachusetts."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/17/sources-obama-advisers-believe-coakley-will-lose/

petegz28
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't buy this. I think this is a tactic to try and motivate Coakley voters.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Toekn planted heckler at the Obama\Coakley rally...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/17/obama_heckled_at_coakley_rally.html

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2010, 06:59 PM

CoMo is an Obama staffer?

BucEyedPea
01-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Toekn planted heckler at the Obama\Coakley rally...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/01/17/obama_heckled_at_coakley_rally.html

Okay you mean this here. Didn't see it earlier.

dirk digler
01-17-2010, 08:57 PM

:spock:

Seriously? She is going to lose mostly because she is a terrible terrible candidate.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 09:03 PM
:spock:

Seriously? She is going to lose mostly because she is a terrible terrible candidate.

I would agree but you are thinking like a typical person. Not like a political strategist. IF the word gets out that she may lose then the hope is all the weary Dems that weren't going to vote go "Oh no, I better go vote to help her and Obama". Or they hope the Brown support will taper off.

dirk digler
01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
I would agree but you are thinking like a typical person. Not like a political strategist. IF the word gets out that she may lose then the hope is all the weary Dems that weren't going to vote go "Oh no, I better go vote to help her and Obama". Or they hope the Brown support will taper off.

I guess. I thought she was down big but Nate Silver at 538 is predicting she will win by less than 1%

petegz28
01-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I guess. I thought she was down big but Nate Silver at 538 is predicting she will win by less than 1%

That would not surprise me if she does. With all the hoopla going on, and as much as she deserves to have her ass handed to her, I think she squeaks it out.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM

Although, looking at the pool on 538, it is considering polls from earlier in the month. Sadly for Coakley all the polls trended against her over this last week.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 09:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-Dkh8xQNwU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R-Dkh8xQNwU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RINGLEADER
01-17-2010, 09:46 PM
That would not surprise me if she does. With all the hoopla going on, and as much as she deserves to have her ass handed to her, I think she squeaks it out.

Question is are people who want to send a message and hate the uber-left turn we've taken > than the MA masses who will vote for anything with a (D) next to it?

petegz28
01-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Question is are people who want to send a message and hate the uber-left turn we've taken > than the MA masses who will vote for anything with a (D) next to it?

If you ask me, and I am just going by polls and comments on Mass. internet boards, she should lose. But I put nothing past the Dems when it comes to close elections and voter fraud.

dirk digler
01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Although, looking at the pool on 538, it is considering polls from earlier in the month. Sadly for Coakley all the polls trended against her over this last week.

True. I think she loses but who really knows for sure.

RINGLEADER
01-18-2010, 05:04 AM
True. I think she loses but who really knows for sure.

Dr. Manhattan.

memyselfI
01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
So the Pimp in Chief has actually helped score wins for ____????

Anyone, anyone?

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
So the Pimp in Chief has actually helped score wins for ____????

Anyone, anyone?

Republicans?

The Mad Crapper
01-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Republicans?

ROFL

mlyonsd
01-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't bet on it. Brown peaked awfully early. If this was a 55-45 or 60-40 state I'd say he might have a chance.

But there are too many dems in the state to let Teddy down.