PDA

View Full Version : Elections Intrade likes Brown

Saul Good
01-17-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.intrade.com/?request_operation=main&request_type=action&checkHomePage=true

65% Brown
35% Coakley

That's a 25 point swing today.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I heard she was at 50 earlier

RINGLEADER
01-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Well Intrade doesn't count for much given it's history. But fun to know.

The consensus I've heard from people in the know is that the only way Coakley pulls it out is if Republicans suddenly lose their enthusiasm or for some reason don't feel it necessary to turn out or Independents become much more negative towards Brown. There's no evidence that either is happening. While response on the Dem tab has ticked up the support from Dems for Brown has gone up almost in unison with that gain. Translation? A majority of the self-identified Dems that are now saying they will vote are going to do so for Brown.

petegz28
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
64-40 now

Taco John
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM

Intrade has a great history.

bkkcoh
01-18-2010, 07:24 AM

The consensus I've heard from people in the know is that the only way Coakley pulls it out is if Republicans suddenly lose their enthusiasm or for some reason don't feel it necessary to turn out or Independents become much more negative towards Brown. There's no evidence that either is happening. While response on the Dem tab has ticked up the support from Dems for Brown has gone up almost in unison with that gain. Translation? A majority of the self-identified Dems that are now saying they will vote are going to do so for Brown.

It is pretty sad to even think that a republican has a chance for a senate seat in Mass. One of the most liberal states in the US. That says more then anything about the state of politics in the US.

People are pissed off and want a change in direction because both parties haven't been listening to what the republic wants and the congressmen seem to be doing what is best for their self interests. I think people are finally getting fed up with it.

If the MSM were doing their job, I think the country would be even more pissed off then what it is.

BucEyedPea
01-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Brian K.
• Feelosophy: positions and policies adopted because they make you feel good or virtuous rather than on any reasoned basis or because they could possibly work.

Yeah, more specifically it could say if you pity others, feel sympathy or sorry for them while dressing it up well with intellectualism so that it sounds more intelligent—despite it not working. Sounds good on paper though. Or should I say rubber.

But I like it!

Royal Fanatic
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
It is pretty sad to even think that a republican has a chance for a senate seat in Mass.
Why is that? Are the Democrats ENTITLED to that Senate seat forever?

petegz28
01-18-2010, 08:46 AM

No shit! I am sick of people being elected simply because of the letter behind their name. Let's face the facts, if Coakley didn't have a party machine behind her she would not be even in the conversation.

Norman Einstein
01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Are the unions going to bus in all the democrats they can from surrounding states so they can get their choice selected.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Are the unions going to bus in all the democrats they can from surrounding states so they can get their choice selected.

You can bet on it.

bkkcoh
01-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Not at all, just the fact of when was the last time there was a republican elected as a senator from that state?

petegz28
01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Not at all, just the fact of when was the last time there was a republican elected as a senator from that state?

So they should elect a Democrat simply for traditional reasons? 1972 is the answer. And that is why Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the Dem-Fringe leaders had better wake up.

bkkcoh
01-18-2010, 09:04 AM
So they should elect a Democrat simply for traditional reasons? 1972 is the answer. And that is why Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the Dem-Fringe leaders had better wake up.

But so many people don't feel that way.

All of the politicians need to be aware of the underlying tremors in the US. People are going, and should have been expecting more out of their there congressmen.

fan4ever
01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
But so many people don't feel that way.

All of the politicians need to be aware of the underlying tremors in the US. People are going, and should have been expecting more out of their there congressmen.

...but the Democrats, with what they've been pulling and plan to pull with this new administration, are the epicenter of those tremors no matter how much you'd like to paint this with a broad brush stroke.

Chiefshrink
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
And you can bet the MSM (Pravada-Communist press) will come out with their false trumped up polls in the next 24hrs that make this race closer than what it is. :thumb:

Hate to be negative but even if Brown wins they will delay in seating him or the Dems will go the 51 vote routine which I think they are planning to do knowing they will lose this race:rolleyes:

Dems will have this millstone around their neck for decades but what do they care if they get 1/6 of the economy(i.e. control of the American people)under govt control. Just damn sad these politicians don't get it and can continue "flipping the bird" to the American people.

But why should we be surprised. All the young radical idealogue leftists we saw on TV and film from 60's in protest of just not Vietnam but everything about America in general who could actually "burn the American flag" have never stopped burning the American flag. They just do it now in the WH and Congress under many "legislative guieses" that we have discussed on this board many times :(:cuss::(:cuss::(:cuss:

Chiefshrink
01-18-2010, 09:23 AM

Radical idealogues whether left or right never wake up because their narcissism wrapped in a so-called self-righteousness of bitter anger keeps their "minds closed" to a real clear perspective of any situation.

memyselfI
01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I will laugh my ass off if this actually happens. LMAOLMAOLMAO

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
And you can bet the MSM (Pravada-Communist press) will come out with their false trumped up polls in the next 24hrs that make this race closer than what it is. :thumb:

Hate to be negative but even if Brown wins they will delay in seating him or the Dems will go the 51 vote routine which I think they are planning to do knowing they will lose this race:rolleyes:

Dems will have this millstone around their neck for decades but what do they care if they get 1/6 of the economy(i.e. control of the American people)under govt control. Just damn sad these politicians don't get it and can continue "flipping the bird" to the American people.

But why should we be surprised. All the young radical idealogue leftists we saw on TV and film from 60's in protest of just not Vietnam but everything about America in general who could actually "burn the American flag" have never stopped burning the American flag. They just do it now in the WH and Congress under many "legislative guieses" that we have discussed on this board many times :(:cuss::(:cuss::(:cuss:If Brown wins this election, I'm not sure the Dems will be able to find 51 votes in the Senate.

Chief Henry
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
If Brown wins this election, I'm not sure the Dems will be able to find 51 votes in the Senate.

I think they'll be other Dem senators that wil bail also.

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I think they'll be other Dem senators that wil bail also.

Me too. In fact, I honestly believe that there are quite a few Dem Congressmen who are secretly pulling for Brown so that they don't have to vote for this POS bill.

mlyonsd
01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
You can bet a million bucks Nelson is rooting for Brown.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
ALL the polls according to RCP are showing Brown ahead by 5-10. 3 of 4 released today all show im ahead. The only one that didn't shows it as a tie and that was from the DailyKOS

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
70-30 now.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Either just about every damn pollster in the country is wrong, including Intrade, or Coakley is about to get her ass stomped.

MarcBulger
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I cannot believe that a Rep will win a Senate Seat in Mass and live to tell about it.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
78-22 now

BucEyedPea
01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I cannot believe that a Rep will win a Senate Seat in Mass and live to tell about it.

Maybe he'll win the seat but not live to tell about it. Commies can be pretty nasty! :shake:

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 04:27 PM
78-22 now

So a Coakley win pays almost 5 to 1, right? I should jump on that.

Calcountry
01-18-2010, 04:28 PM
It is pretty sad to even think that a republican has a chance for a senate seat in Mass. One of the most liberal states in the US. That says more then anything about the state of politics in the US.

People are pissed off and want a change in direction because both parties haven't been listening to what the republic wants and the congressmen seem to be doing what is best for their self interests. I think people are finally getting fed up with it.

The state run media is doing their job, I think that's the reason the country is so damned pissed off FYP.

wild1
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
coakley is now trading at 26.0 (down 14.0)

Brown is at 79.0

RNR
01-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Either just about every damn pollster in the country is wrong, including Intrade, or Coakley is about to get her ass stomped.

Man I hope she does! It is hard to fathom these people would vote for a republican after letting one of the most worthless shitbags ever stay in that seat for years.

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/18/irish-bookie-pays-brown-bets-day-early/
BOSTON --With 24 hours to go before Massachusetts' special election for a U.S. Senate seat, an Irish bookie already has paid off bettors who wagered that state Sen. Scott Brown, a conservative Republican, would win the seat held for nearly 50 years by liberal Democratic icon Edward M. Kennedy.

Enough is enough. It seems that Senator Brown just has to get out of bed tomorrow to win convincingly. As far as were concerned, this race is well and truly over," said Paddy Power, Irelands largest bookmaker.

Before shutting down the betting, Mr. Brown had gone from 5-4 odds to 1-5 (meaning if a bettors put down $5, they only stood to make $1 if Mr. Brown wins). The odds against his opponent -- Democrat Martha Coakley, the state's attorney general -- soared, from 4-7 to win to 3-1 to lose.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnOFNrXZ0Pg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnOFNrXZ0Pg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Calcountry
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Either just about every damn pollster in the country is wrong, including Intrade, or Coakley is about to get her ass stomped.we just may have to buckle up, and get ready to ride in that ole pickup truck. african american accent off/

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
From a poster on democraticunderground.com:

Even Nate Silver is giving him a 3:1 chance of winning.

I just came back from making phone calls to MA from the OFA northside offices in Chicago. It was not so uplifting. I had one woman who totally bit my head off, saying Martha Coakley is acting like a bitch, and though she's been a solid Democrat her whole life, she doesn't think she can vote for her. Cause she's bitchy? I had hangups, and a few who said they were voting for Brown. And of course, I did get some Coakley supporters, too. But remember, these were lists of people who voted Dem in the 2008 elections--all of them. I was pretty depressed.

petegz28
01-18-2010, 06:36 PM
From a poster on democraticunderground.com:

Even Nate Silver is giving him a 3:1 chance of winning.

I just came back from making phone calls to MA from the OFA northside offices in Chicago. It was not so uplifting. I had one woman who totally bit my head off, saying Martha Coakley is acting like a bitch, and though she's been a solid Democrat her whole life, she doesn't think she can vote for her. Cause she's bitchy? I had hangups, and a few who said they were voting for Brown. And of course, I did get some Coakley supporters, too. But remember, these were lists of people who voted Dem in the 2008 elections--all of them. I was pretty depressed.

So people in Chicago are campaigning for her but yet she blasts Brown for having out of State volunteers???

Saul Good
01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
So people in Chicago are campaigning for her but yet she blasts Brown for having out of State volunteers???

Consistency has never been a liberal strong suit.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
85-20 right now

wild1
01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Intrade already paid out on Brown, as I understand it?

petegz28
01-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Intrade already paid out on Brown, as I understand it?

Not that I know of. I know an Irish bookie already paid out on him. But you can still buy Brown on Intrade so I wouldn't think they have. But maybe they have?

bkkcoh
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
85-20 right now

ACORN must be compiling the results.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
75.4-20 now....Brown is holding a strong lead. Lets hope this comes to fruition at the polls.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 05:07 PM
82.8 Brown
19.0 Coakley