PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Boston Globe calls election for Martha Coakley?

petegz28
01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/talkingpolitics/archive/2010/01/19/boston-globe-calls-election-for-martha-coakley.aspx

petegz28
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Smells like Democratic BS to me...

Boston.com briefly put up this map of the final results of today's election -- some 8 hours before polls closed!

As you can see, over 2 million people voted, with Coakley eking out a 50-49 victory.

The map was fully interactive, so you could roll over and get town-by-town results -- above we show Coakley taking Cohasset 56-43.

They took the map down shortly after I pointed it out on Twitter. But not before we Phoenix troublemakers got the screen shots!

Now, if the final numbers end up matching these, the Republicans may really have reason to question the integrity of the process...

Update: From Bob Powers of the Globe:

AP was testing an election data feed to its Massachusetts clients. During corresponding tests at our end, the feed of AP's hypothetical test data was inadvertently posted for a few minutes on a single subsection page within ur site. As soon as the error was discovered, it was removed. We regret the mishap.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Doesn't really matter if she wins or loses. The message has been sent. Most parties in power lose their power by over reaching and dragging the country too far left or too far right. The public corrects the course towards the middle in the next few elections. Been that way since Wilson.

wild1
01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Doesn't really matter if she wins or loses. The message has been sent. Most parties in power lose their power by over reaching and dragging the country too far left or too far right. The public corrects the course towards the middle in the next few elections. Been that way since Wilson.

Yeah. There's nothing out of the ordinary going on here as a reaction to the current power-brokers. :rolleyes:

I hope that you and the rest of the left remain this done deaf for 2-3 more years, and that the right is smart enough to just hand you guys the shovels and stand back.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah. There's nothing out of the ordinary going on here as a reaction to the current power-brokers. :rolleyes:

I hope that you and the rest of the left remain this done deaf for 2-3 more years, and that the right is smart enough to just hand you guys the shovels and stand back.sorry, just more of the same. Nothing new here. It's all irrelevant anyway. The only thing that matters is the economy and jobs. If they recover Obama gets re-elected, it doesn't he's out. Simple.

wild1
01-19-2010, 03:14 PM
sorry, just more of the same. Nothing new here. It's all irrelevant anyway. The only thing that matters is the economy and jobs. If they recover Obama gets re-elected, it doesn't he's out. Simple.

Keep reading your axelrod emails, and telling yourself that everyone is out of step but you...

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Keep reading your axelrod emails, and telling yourself that everyone is out of step but you...so you think if the economy and jobs turn around Obama is out anyway?

vailpass
01-19-2010, 03:18 PM
so you think if the economy and jobs turn around Obama is out anyway?

Hell yes.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
so you think if the economy and jobs turn around Obama is out anyway?

"If"?

B.O.'s agenda is keeping the economy from turning around.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Hell yes.we shall see. There is a first time for everything.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I think it is too early to make a call on Obama. If things get better he is going to be hard to un-seat merely being the incumbent.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:23 PM
I think it is too early to make a call on Obama. If things get better he is going to be hard to un-seat merely being the incumbent.and the Republicans haven't done a damn thing besides say no. They are fighting an uphill battle with demographics. 90% of the black vote, 75% of the hispanic and 35% of the white vote gone, doesn't leave you a lot of room to manuver. Put in the Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck over the top BS in there and the Republicans got one helluva uphill fight.

just because independents don't like whats happening in Washington doesn't mean they trust the Republicans to fix it.

LOCOChief
01-19-2010, 03:30 PM
and the Republicans haven't done a damn thing besides say no. .

They're the ones defending our constitution from the likes of the Obama admin and his Czars so I don't see how you can say the Republicans haven't done a damn thing.

Chief Henry
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
sorry, just more of the same. Nothing new here. It's all irrelevant anyway. The only thing that matters is the economy and jobs. If they recover Obama gets re-elected, it doesn't he's out. Simple.

A Kennedy has had that seat in the US Senate since when...1952 or something like that. You can't be serious :eek:

I know the election is over yet, but Scott Brown has sent a major rocket across the bow of the Obama ADM with this ultra close election in Massachusettes.

wild1
01-19-2010, 03:32 PM
This administration has had a year and only made things worse. Nobody wants to hear their BS about expanding government and raising taxes and taking over private industry. If the economy recovers it will be in spite of their suffocating agenda, not because of it.

You might be able to tell yourself that he can turn around a U6 of nearly 18% in two years. Most of us are not still drunk enough on hope and change to believe that they are interested in cutting it or would have a clue how to do so.

wild1
01-19-2010, 03:33 PM
They're the ones defending our constitution from the likes of the Obama admin and his Czars so I don't see how you can say the Republicans haven't done a damn thing.

They're finally putting up a fight against big government. This past year has been their best performance in at least a decade.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:33 PM
They're the ones defending our constitution from the likes of the Obama admin and his Czars so I don't see how you can say the Republicans haven't done a damn thing.I just stated why and you restated the point. Just stopping/obstructing one partys plan is not eough for Independants to vote for one party or the other. They wasnt to know what you are going to do, not how you will stop the other party.

Chief Henry
01-19-2010, 03:34 PM
and the Republicans haven't done a damn thing besides say no. They are fighting an uphill battle with demographics. 90% of the black vote, 75% of the hispanic and 35% of the white vote gone, doesn't leave you a lot of room to manuver. Put in the Limbaugh/Hannity/Beck over the top BS in there and the Republicans got one helluva uphill fight.

just because independents don't like whats happening in Washington doesn't mean they trust the Republicans to fix it.

The dems have the President, Congress and Senate. The Dems should be able to get what ever they want.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
This administration has had a year and only made things worse. Nobody wants to hear their BS about expanding government and raising taxes and taking over private industry. If the economy recovers it will be in spite of their suffocating agenda, not because of it.

You might be able to tell yourself that he can turn around a U6 of nearly 18% in two years. Most of us are not still drunk enough on hope and change to believe that they are interested in cutting it or would have a clue how to do so.

If Brown wins this, and congrass can find a way to stop cap and trade and socialized medicine, businesses will start hiring again, but not at a rate that will bring unemployment down to pre-Obama levels.

The guy is finished and serves him right, the Marxist piece of shit.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
A Kennedy has had that seat in the US Senate since when...1952 or something like that. You can't be serious :eek:

I know the election is over yet, but Scott Brown has sent a major rocket across the bow of the Obama ADM with this ultra close election in Massachusettes.so, whens the last time a Democrat took some of the states Obama took? say Indiana and North Carolina?

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
so, whens the last time a Democrat took some of the states Obama took? say Indiana and North Carolina?

You don't get. The NJ and Virginia elections were a REJECTION of B.O. and everything he stands for.

More to come.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
The dems have the President, Congress and Senate. The Dems should be able to get what ever they want.That is a myth. The Democratic party is a big tent full of a wide divergence of ideas. You think Ben Nelson/Liberman agree on 90% of the issues with Boxer/Franken?

wild1
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
The Democratic party is a big tent full of a wide divergence of ideas.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 03:53 PM
ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

They just keep repeating this nonsense narrative that once they get out of their leftist bubble, they don't have the slightest clue how ridiculous it sounds to normal people.

ROFL

petegz28
01-19-2010, 03:54 PM
That is a myth. The Democratic party is a big tent full of a wide divergence of ideas. You think Ben Nelson/Liberman agree on 90% of the issues with Boxer/Franken?

That is a joke. Sorry, but it is. They are only tolerant and diverse if you agree with them.

Guru
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
So basically the MSM is reporting what they need to try and get non dems to not vote at the end of the day. Got it.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
That is a joke. Sorry, but it is. They are only tolerant and diverse if you agree with them.yeah well whatever. It's your opinion. I know there is a difference between Collins/snow and the Strom Throughgoods of the Republican party. You want to paint all with the same brush? it's a free country.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
yeah well whatever. It's your opinion. I know there is a difference between Collins/snow and the Strom Throughgoods of the Republican party. You want to paint all with the same brush? it's a free country.

Whatever. I see how Pelosi governs that party. Nothing else needs to be said.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah well whatever. It's your opinion. I know there is a difference between Collins/snow and the Strom Throughgoods of the Republican party. You want to paint all with the same brush? it's a free country.

Who runs the democrap party? Leftwing dildos. You want to paint a silly picture, go head.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Whatever. I see how Pelosi governs that party. Nothing else needs to be said.She's a piece of chit that needs to be thrown out with the rest of the trash. Comparing the dems worse trash as the norm now?

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
She's a piece of chit that needs to be thrown out with the rest of the trash.

She's in lockstep with B.O.

Stop playing good cop bad cop that shit only works at Daily Koz.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Name one thing B.O. and Nancy Pelousi disagree on.

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
It's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes.

Joseph Stalin dba Barak Hussein Obama

Guru
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
I can't wait to hear what will delay the conclusion of this vote tally.

Amnorix
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM

I hope that you and the rest of the left remain this done deaf for 2-3 more years, and that the right is smart enough to just hand you guys the shovels and stand back.

errr....you didn't read what the man said, did you?

Radar Chief
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Just stopping/obstructing one partys plan is not eough for Independants to vote for one party or the other.

:shrug: It worked for the Democrats.

Amnorix
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM

I know the election is over yet, but Scott Brown has sent a major rocket across the bow of the Obama ADM with this ultra close election in Massachusettes.

Which is no different from some of what happened in '06 and '08, which is his point!

thecoffeeguy
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Election eve RNC poll: Brown 48, Coakley 40 (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/19/election-eve-rnc-poll-brown-48-coakley-40/)

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Can anybody name one thing B.O. and Pelosi disagree on?

Why do moonbats continue to suck B.O.'s ass and throw Pelosi under the bus?

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM

Afghanistan

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Afghanistan

So based on that alone, she's a piece of shit, and B.O. is still the messiah? :rolleyes:

How about domestic policies, especially the two biggies cap and trade and national healthcare.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
So based on that alone, she's a piece of shit, and B.O. is still the messiah? :rolleyes:

How about domestic policies, especially the two biggies cap and trade and national healthcare.

I answered your question but you don't like the answer.

The do differ on health care as well, she is alot more progressive than he is on that issue.

bluehawkdoc
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Name one thing B.O. and Nancy Pelousi disagree on.

Plastic surgeons?

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I answered your question but you don't like the answer.

Uh no Dirk, the question was why is Nancy Pelosi a piece of shit and B.O. isn't?

I think you've made your case and I've made mine and the insurmountable evidence stands:

If she's a piece of shit, then so is he.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Uh no Dirk, the question was why is Nancy Pelosi a piece of shit and B.O. isn't?

I think you've made your case and I've made mine and the insurmountable evidence stands:

If she's a piece of shit, then so is he.

No the question was "Can anybody name one thing B.O. and Pelosi disagree on"

I did but you didn't like the answer because honestly you probably didn't think they disagree on anything.

Now you got an education from me just thank me and move on. :D

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 04:58 PM

I did but you didn't like the answer because honestly you probably didn't think they disagree on anything.

Now you got an education from me just thank me and move on. :D

OK, let's simplify this because you clearly just want to play games---

Do you agree with Banyon and BRC that Nancy Pelosi is a piece of shit?

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Now you got an education from me just thank me and move on. :DWhy do you even reply to him? Your not going to gain a thing.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Why do you even reply to him? Your not going to gain a thing.

Why do you let Dirk fight your battles for you?

Guru

Afghanistan

Asked and answered move on.

dirk digler
OK, let's simplify this because you clearly just want to play games---

Do you agree with Banyon and BRC that Nancy Pelosi is a piece of shit?

LMAO I want to play games? I answered your question now you want me to answer more questions because you didn't like the answer.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Asked and answered move on.

I just want to know why moonbats call Nancy Pelosi a piece of shit but toss B.O.'s salad.

They can't explain it (cognitive dissonance) so right, I'll move on.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:02 PM
LMAO I want to play games? I answered your question now you want me to answer more questions because you didn't like the answer.

OK, Dirk.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
OK, Dirk.

I am not Pelosi's biggest fan does that make you feel better?

Garcia Bronco
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
and the Republicans haven't done a damn thing besides say no.

It's all they can do and you know it. Just like the DEmocrats up until 2006.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
I am not Pelosi's biggest fan does that make you feel better?

I guess it requires cognitive dissonance to call Nancy Pelois a piece of shit, yet suck B.O.'s ass, so I'll never understand it.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Why do you let Dirk fight your battles for you?As I told Tom $ - and I'll make it clear to you that no matter how many neg reps you leave me this will be the last response you will ever see from me to you.

Your BS and in your face posting doesn't help in any way, a discussion of the issues on this board. If I was a mod I wouldn't ban you. You have a right to post whatever you want as long as you don't violate TOS. But, I can refuse to answer you, your points until you restrain or moderate your BS.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
As I told Tom $ - and I'll make it clear to you that no matter how many neg reps you leave me this will be the last response you will ever see from me to you.

Your BS and in your face posting doesn't help in any way a discussion of the issues. If I was a mod I wouldn't ban you. You have a rightto post whatever you want as long as you don't violate TOS. But, I can refuse to answer you, your points until you restrain you moderate your BS.

How is it BS? Because you don't like it, you get to define it? No, sorry, it doesn't work that way.

YOu're just being a big sorehead because B.O.'s first year in office has been a complete disaster. Why don't you just stop pretending otherwise and maybe I'll show some respect for you.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
I guess it requires cognitive dissonance to call Nancy Pelois a piece of shit, yet suck B.O.'s ass, so I'll never understand it.

Not really shts. I know you really don't like Brian Schottenheimer but you love Rex.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Not really shts. I know you really don't like Brian Schottenheimer but you love Rex.

That is a ridiculous analogy.

I'll state the fact and hopefully it can cut through that cognitive dissonance and moonbat brainwashing:

There are no ideological differences between Nancy Pelosi and B.O.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:15 PM
That is a ridiculous analogy.

I'll state the fact and hopefully it can cut through that cognitive dissonance and moonbat brainwashing:

There are no ideological differences between Nancy Pelosi and B.O.

It is not ridiculous. Why do you hate Brian but you suck Rex's ass? There are no ideological differences between Brian and Rex.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
It is not ridiculous. Why do you hate Brian but you suck Rex's ass? There are no ideological differences between Brian and Rex.

Lame evasion, Dirk.

Oh well, keep pretending, and the American people will keep voting for candidates who oppose the repulsive B.O./Harry Reid/Nancy agenda.

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Lame evasion, Dirk.

Oh well, keep pretending, and the American people will keep voting for candidates who oppose the repulsive B.O./Harry Reid/Nancy agenda.

I am just playing your stupid game.

Tell me why it is not possible to like Obama but not like Pelosi? Did you like both Bush and Hastert?

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I am just playing your stupid game.

Tell me why it is not possible to like Obama but not like Pelosi? Did you like both Bush and Hastert?

Show me

A. Where I tossed Bush's salad
B. Called Hasert a POS

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Show me

A. Where I tossed Bush's salad
B. Called Hasert a POS

I don't know if you did or didn't that is why I asked the question

dirk digler
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
I am just curious when this new rule came out that if you like the POTUS that you have to like all members of their party. There is alot of Dems I don't like at all including Pelosi and there is some Reps I do like. Honestly who gives a shit either way?

Guru
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
How about both of you move on and stop playing this game? Nothing is getting accomplished by either one of you now.

Guru
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I am just curious when this new rule came out that if you like the POTUS that you have to like all members of their party. There is alot of Dems I don't like at all including Pelosi and there is some Reps I do like. Honestly who gives a shit either way?OK, that was more productive.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't know if you did or didn't that is why I asked the question

The republicans failed, Dirk. They failed as of November 2008. Everybody knows this, Dirk. Everybody acknowledges this except the hardcore partisan registered republicans.

BigRedChief
01-19-2010, 05:30 PM
How about both of you move on and stop playing this game? Nothing is getting accomplished by either one of you now.I think Dirk is accomplishing his point that its useless to try to engage shtsprayer in a conversation.

Bwana
01-19-2010, 05:31 PM
The sandy vag is thick in this thread. Back on topic, I take it the Globe is FOS?

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I am just curious when this new rule came out that if you like the POTUS that you have to like all members of their party. There is alot of Dems I don't like at all including Pelosi and there is some Reps I do like. Honestly who gives a shit either way?

Dirk, what is going on in Massachussetts tonight? I mean, you're talking about football coaches and Denny Hasert? I mean, c'mon now. Get up to speed with what is going on. There is a massive rejection of B.O., Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. You can pretend that there is some ideological difference between them but there just isn't.

How about both of you move on and stop playing this game? Nothing is getting accomplished by either one of you now.

I agree. Back to the Massachuessetts election.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I think Dirk is accomplishing his point that its useless to try to engage shtsprayer in a conversation.

I simply asked a question, BRC. You called Nancy Pelosi a piece of shit and I wanted to know what the difference between Nancy and B.O. is, and the answer was Afghanistan.

I seriously doubt Brown is about to hand Coakley her head to her this evening because of Afghanistan policy but hey, it's your brain, go ahead and fry it.

Saul Good
01-19-2010, 05:43 PM
This is great. The libs are trying to say that this Senate race is more about Nancy Pelosi than about Obama, Democrats, and Congress in general. Then they try to imply that Nancy Pelosi doesn't represent the average Democrat when she is the freaking Speaker of the House.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 05:44 PM
This is great. The libs are trying to say that this Senate race is more about Nancy Pelosi than about Obama, Democrats, and Congress in general. Then they try to imply that Nancy Pelosi doesn't represent the average Democrat when she is the freaking Speaker of the House.

Well, there is some truth in that.

The Mad Crapper
01-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Right. B.O. is just an innocent bystander. It's not his fault the country has 17% unemployment and the national debt is impossible to ever pay back.

It's Nancy's fault. /moonbat off

Saul Good
01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, there is some truth in that.

How is there truth in saying that an election for a Senate seat in Mass is really about a Rep in Cali but not about the president? It doesn't even make sense.

petegz28
01-19-2010, 06:01 PM
How is there truth in saying that an election for a Senate seat in Mass is really about a Rep in Cali but not about the president? It doesn't even make sense.

I was referring to Pelosi not being a representative of a lot of Dems.

Bwana
01-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Ooooooooooops! The pitch..........and it's a swing and a miss.

http://scottbrown.com/images/splash_08.gif

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:58 AM
ROFL

Silly Moonbats!

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 01:42 PM
My take on last night:

25% due to Coakley being a horrible choice for the position and running a horrible campaign.

25% due to Brown being a really good candidate.

25% due to the left being dissatified and completely pissed off at the ineptness shown by the Democrats at enacting their agenda.

25% due to the right being motivated due to the agenda being proposed by the left.

Chief Henry
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
My take on last night:

25% due to Coakley being a horrible choice for the position and running a horrible campaign.

25% due to Brown being a really good candidate.

25% due to the left being dissatified and completely pissed off at the ineptness shown by the Democrats at enacting their agenda.

25% due to the right being motivated due to the agenda being proposed by the left.

and a whole bunch of BUYERS REMORSE by the independants of Taxachusettes of Barack Hussein Obama.

Garcia Bronco
01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Part of it was the MAss has it's own healthcare and why should they pay state and federal taxes for their health care when the rest(minus Unions, Nebraska, and Maryland) of the country only had to pay Federal taxes.

redsurfer11
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I wonder how many copies they sold today.