PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Anyway we can push to have Olberman removed?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
From Sunday Night Football? Politics and football don't mix and I find him to be offensive and part of the reason I don't watch NBC's pre-game show.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
From Sunday Night Football? Politics and football don't mix and I find him to be offensive and part of the reason I don't watch NBC's pre-game show.

Nope. Only Conservatives can be censored.

bkkcoh
01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
It would be nice if that was possible.

Maybe we can get Beck on his trail and get him removed, Glenn seems to be able to get people to resign or withdraw their nomination(s).

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Maybe we can get Beck on his trail and get him removed, Glenn seems to be able to get people to resign or withdraw their nomination(s).

It would be nice. I'm not even asking to have his show removed but if he isn't allowed to cover elections why should the dickhead be allowed to cover football?

alpha_omega
01-20-2010, 12:57 PM
With or without him...the NBC pre-game show totally blows!

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
It would be nice. I'm not even asking to have his show removed but if he isn't allowed to cover elections why should the dickhead be allowed to cover football?

He was on last night with Rachel Maddow. If there would have been a gun sitting between them they'd have had an arm wrestling contest to see who would commit suicide first.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
With or without him...the NBC pre-game show totally blows!

I don't know how Tony Dungy keeps a straight face talking to those morons.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 12:59 PM
He was on last night Rachel Maddow. If there would have been a gun sitting between them they'd have had an arm wrestling contest to see who would commit suicide first.

I would have been honored to load it for them.

bkkcoh
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
He was on last night Rachel Maddow. If there would have been a gun sitting between them they'd have had an arm wrestling contest to see who would commit suicide first.

But I thought they would have been so appalled there was a gun there, they would have knocked each other down trying to get away from it, since guns themselves are so dangerous.

fan4ever
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Really; who?

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
From Sunday Night Football? Politics and football don't mix and I find him to be offensive and part of the reason I don't watch NBC's pre-game show.I honestly don't watch, so I have to ask: Does he talk about politics on the football show? If so, that sucks.

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I honestly don't watch, so I have to ask: Does he talk about politics on the football show? If so, that sucks.

A week ago he blamed the Patriot's loss on Bush.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 02:52 PM
It's the guy's job to offer political opinions. Get over it.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
It's the guy's job to offer political opinions. Get over it.

Is it also his job to hurl gay slurs?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I honestly don't watch, so I have to ask: Does he talk about politics on the football show? If so, that sucks.

I don't know I don't watch it either because he's on there.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Is it also his job to hurl gay slurs?

I'm unaware of any. What exactly are you referring to?

blaise
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
The only way to do it would be to watch and see who the sponsors are and email them and tell them you're upset about it. If enough people did that it could matter. Emails to NBC itself won't matter. They probably would like it. Only losing dollars would matter, and if Coke or Pepsi or whoever let NBC know that their consumers don't like him, it might matter. That's what ultimately got Imus yanked- when enough pressure was put on the sponsors who in turn put it on the network broadcasting him.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
About the gay slurs that billay alleges: Anyone know what Olberman said? Anyone?

billay apparently locked himself in the closet again.

petegz28
01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
About the gay slurs that billay alleges: Anyone know what Olberman said? Anyone?

During his paragrah's worth of insults he crammed into one sentence, he called Brown "homophobic". Not sure if that is what Billay is talking about or not?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Reffering to Tea partiers as Tea Baggers anyone?

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
During his paragrah's worth of insults he crammed into one sentence, he called Brown "homophobic". Not sure if that is what Billay is talking about or not?

I listened to that and figured that it couldn't be what billay was referring to unless he heard it completely ass backwards.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM

You're kidding.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 03:27 PM
You're kidding.

No i'm not. People like him set the standard for PC in this country so he should be outted just like everyone else who's offended someone.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
No i'm not. People like him set the standard for PC in this country so he should be outted just like everyone else who's offended someone.

Who can you possibly imagine he's offended? Gay people who want lower taxes?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Who can you possibly imagine he's offended? Gay people who want lower taxes?

The people who attend to parties. I'm sure the 60 year old women who goes to those because she doesn't like the direction of the country isn't doing anything wrong so whys he allowed to call her a gay slur and get away with it?

redsurfer11
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know I don't watch it either because he's on there.

Same with me.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Teabagging is not sexual preference specific. How can that be a gay slur.

So umm, you don't watch the show but know you don't like him on it and are going out of your way to create gay slurs where there are none.

I don't watch it either...if he was dropping political BS in the football show I think that is inappropriate but I am not sure if that is happening.

ClevelandBronco
The people who attend to parties. I'm sure the 60 year old women who goes to those because she doesn't like the direction of the country isn't doing anything wrong so whys he allowed to call her a gay slur and get away with it?

I don't share the outrage you're trying on for this occasion, and I doubt that you're being honest.

orange

Granny better not go to any of the demonstrations if she's so easily offended.

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tea-baggers-washington_independent.jpg

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Granny better not go to any of the demonstrations if she's so easily offended.

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/tea-baggers-washington_independent.jpg

Granny doesn't have a cable TV show either. Just seems to be a double standard when it comes to being PC.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Teabagging is not sexual preference specific. How can that be a gay slur.

So umm, you don't watch the show but know you don't like him on it and are going out of your way to create gay slurs where there are none.

I don't watch it either...if he was dropping political BS in the football show I think that is inappropriate but I am not sure if that is happening.

Teabagging = putting your balls on someones face. You think thats appropriate for cable tv?

He's a political commentator who should stick to politics. Him being on NBC football is just as stupid as Rush Limbaugh being on ESPN.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Granny doesn't have a cable TV show either. Just seems to be a double standard when it comes to being PC.

It is like if you post if enough you feel like maybe down the line you will be as outraged as you want to be.

BIG_DADDY
01-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Teabagging is not sexual preference specific..

And if anyone knows about being teabagged it would be Zach.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Teabagging = putting your balls on someones face. You think thats appropriate for cable tv?

He's a political commentator who should stick to politics. Him being on NBC football is just as stupid as Rush Limbaugh being on ESPN.

You said it was a gay slur. Which it isn't.

For cable TV? Yes that word is absolutely in bounds for cable TV.

There is no problem with you not liking him, I don't watch much of him because I am not a big fan. If he sticks to football for his football show then I don't see the big problem.

Basically, if you don't like him then fine. But don't try to create faux outrage and act like there is an actual reason to oust him more than you not liking the guy.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
It is like if you post if enough you feel like maybe down the line you will be as outraged as you want to be.

I'm not the one who set the bar for PC. I just think those who talk about it every night should lead by example.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM

There is no problem with you not liking him, I don't watch much of him because I am not a big fan. If he sticks to football for his football show then I don't see the big problem.

Basically, if you don't like him then fine. But don't try to create faux outrage and act like there is an actual reason to oust him more than you not liking the guy.

Like the things he's said about Scott Brown?

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not the one who set the bar for PC. I just think those who talk about it every night should lead by example.

Surely, you could make that point without falsely accusing someone of using a gay slur?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Surely, you could make that point without falsely accusing someone of using a gay slur?

Did he or did not call Tea partiers "Tea Baggers"?

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 04:05 PM

No, you really don't and you should just quit pretending you do.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Like the things he's said about Scott Brown?

I don't care for the guy personally and really don't care to defend things he has said.

I am not sure what is so hard to understand about the fact that you not liking someone is not a good enough reason for them to be ousted.

You already admit you don't know if he talks politics on his football show or not. There is no reason to believe he does.

So why don't you just make this about Olberman instead of acting like you are pissed off about the football show.

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Get over it. Both sides call each other horrible shit all the time. Quit crying douche. You don't like Olberman? Don't fuckin watch him.:rolleyes:

|Zach|

I am not saying he did not do that.

What I am saying is that is not a gay slur. No matter how much you want it to be.

It is not sexual preference specific.

Chocolate Hog
If its not offensive why did Anderson Cooper apologize for using the term?

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
It is as much of a gay slur as making a reference to oral sex is a gay slur.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
I am not saying he did not do that.

What I am saying is that is not a gay slur. No matter how much you want it to be.

It is not sexual preference specific.

Zach, I think those people do it to be cute we both know what they are refering to.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
If its not offensive why did Anderson Cooper apologize for using the term?

Why do you keep moving the goal posts?

Gay Slur does not equate to offensive. I am sure it is offensive to some people. That doesn't make it a gay slur.

I am just trying to keep you honest. But watching you try to string together this laffy taffy logic is exhausting.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Zach, I think those people do it to be cute we both know what they are refering to.

I think you want to be outraged and you are grasping at straws for reasons to be.

Why not just say you dislike the guy and leave it at that. There is no reason to make things up. There are plenty of reasons that are not fabrications to not like the guy.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Why do you keep moving the goal posts?

Gay Slur does not equate to offensive. I am sure it is offensive to some people. That doesn't make it a gay slur.

I am just trying to keep you honest. But watching you try to string together this laffy taffy logic is exhausting.

So if it's not a gay slur but still offensive why does Olberman get off the hook for calling people something thats offensive? I thought he was all for PC. Does this mean he's a hypocrite?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
I think you want to be outraged and you are grasping at straws for reasons to be.

Why not just say you dislike the guy and leave it at that. There is no reason to make things up. There are plenty of reasons that are not fabrications to not like the guy.

Yea I admit I don't like the guy but certainly a fake outrage over this could get him removed from doing football then the NBC pregame would be watchable. :)

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
So if it's not a gay slur but still offensive why does Olberman get off the hook for calling people something thats offensive? I thought he was all for PC. Does this mean he's a hypocrite?

People are free to criticize them as they please.

Nobody is stopping anyone from doing so.

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Tell you what. You can keep Rush, Hannity, Beck and O' Reilly and the Dems can keep Olberman. How's that sound?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Tell you what. You can keep Rush, Hannity, Beck and O' Reilly and the Dems can keep Olberman. How's that sound?

None of those guys speak for me and certainly none of them represent true conservatism.

RedNeckRaider
01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Remove him for what? Being the lefts Rush? He is no different that the rightwing talking heads. Well there is one difference MSNBC has very few viewers so his chances to offend are much smaller~

Brock
01-20-2010, 04:16 PM

If we can keep Rush, Hannity, Beck, and O Reilly off of sports programming, great.

BIG_DADDY
01-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Olberman rocks. Everyone is to the right of him and that's a good thing.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Remove him for what? Being the lefts Rush? He is no different that the rightwing talking heads. Well there is one difference MSNBC has very few viewers so his chances to offend are much smaller~

I think this would be the same as Fox putting Hannity or Beck on the fox pregame show. Really it's not nessecary get the guy away from football please.

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Olberman has a long history with sports.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:19 PM

Thats why ESPN got rid of the douchebag.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I think this would be the same as Fox putting Hannity or Beck on the fox pregame show. Really it's not nessecary get the guy away from football please.

It really isnt the same. None of those guys came from sports originally.

Brock
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM

He's also a divisive figure who spouts hateful invective that rivals any of the other guys you mentioned.

Cannibal
Thats why ESPN got rid of the douchebag.

I was pointing it out because your comparison is not valid.

RedNeckRaider

It is where he started or at least gained fame. His stint on ESPN launched him.

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
It is where he started or at least gained fame. His stint on ESPN launched him.

Yep.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM

And a pinch more credibility in a sports setting than in a political one.

BIG_DADDY
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM

He is specializing in water sports now isn't he?

Garcia Bronco
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
You can force him off. Turn it off and tell NBC why you aren't watching and communicate the same to their sponsers.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
You can force him off. Turn it off and tell NBC why you aren't watching and communicate the same to their sponsers.

Exactly. No need to fabricate fake outrage. Just stick to the facts.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Zach it would seem like alot of people don't like Olberman some may even be offended by his stupidity. Now if NBC wanted people to watch there pregame show wouldn't it be smart to hire someone who doesn't split the country in half?

Cannibal
01-20-2010, 04:29 PM
LOL. Billay is VERY concerned about this.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Zach it would seem like alot of people don't like Olberman some may even be offended by his stupidity. Now if NBC wanted people to watch there pregame show wouldn't it be smart to hire someone who doesn't split the country in half?

I think most people just sit down and enjoy the football and show to be completely honest with you.

I don't know what else you can do about the fact that people don't seem to agree with you on this as shown by his hosting of the show.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 04:55 PM
I think most people just sit down and enjoy the football and show to be completely honest with you.

I don't know what else you can do about the fact that people don't seem to agree with you on this as shown by his hosting of the show.

Not to mention we still havent heard anyone say that he talks politics on the football show.

I would guess that he absolutely does not.

RJ
01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Without reading the thread, why should he be removed? Why don't you just not watch him? I haven't seen the guy on TV in a couple of years. Know why? Cause I don't watch his show and I don't watch whatever pre-game he's on. Problem solved.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Without reading the thread, why should he be removed? Why don't you just not watch him? I haven't seen the guy on TV in a couple of years. Know why? Cause I don't watch his show and I don't watch whatever pre-game he's on. Problem solved.

Good point, RJ. Overbite is easy to ignore, you really have to go out of your way to pay attention to his fat worthless ass.

RJ
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM

BTW, I think Olberman is a pretty funny guy when he's not discussing politics. I just don't happen to watch that pre-game and I'm sure I'm not missing anything important.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Why cant he be cool again like he used to be on ESPN?

RJ
01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Good point, RJ. Overbite is easy to ignore, you really have to go out of your way to pay attention to his fat worthless ass.

It shouldn't be too hard for the viewer to figure out he might not want to watch shows that piss him off.

"Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm like this"

"Then stop doing it"

Jenson71
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
PetitionOnline.com is amazing. It's success rating is about 94%.

fan4ever
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Send a email, or better yet; letter, to the networks that have the tard on their programs and then stop watching. He may eventually be fired if that's what you want.

Either way, he's out of your life.

RedNeckRaider
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM

I can not stand his politics but that goes for many actors, singers, players and people in the entertainment industry. I still enjoy watching their movies or listening to their music or watching them play a game. When they start talking politics if I totally disagree with them I change stations~

RedNeckRaider
01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
It shouldn't be too hard for the viewer to figure out he might not want to watch shows that piss him off.

"Doctor, it hurts when I raise my arm like this"

"Then stop doing it"

"I would like to get a second opinion"
"well you're ugly to"

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
The people who attend to parties. I'm sure the 60 year old women who goes to those because she doesn't like the direction of the country isn't doing anything wrong so whys he allowed to call her a gay slur and get away with it?Since when is Teabagging a gay slur? Seriously, WTF are you talking about?

blaise
01-20-2010, 05:28 PM
I want him off the SNF show because he really adds nothing at all of any value and there's already like 12 guys on the show.

orange
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/pete_mcentegart/09/15/ten.spot/tx_miller_dennis.jpg

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/pete_mcentegart/09/15/ten.spot/tx_miller_dennis.jpg

Yea how long did that abortion last?

RJ
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
"I would like to get a second opinion"
"well you're ugly to"

Hey, we must go to the same doctor!

Saul Good
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM

It's absolutely a gay slur. A straight man can buttf*** a straight woman, but the term buttf****er would clearly be intended as a gay slur. A straight man can sodomize a straight woman, but calling someone a sodomist as a pejorative would clearly be intended as a gay slur.

Saul Good
01-20-2010, 08:05 PM

Dennis Miller is about the least offensive political talker you could ever find.

|Zach|
01-20-2010, 11:11 PM
It's absolutely a gay slur. A straight man can buttf*** a straight woman, but the term buttf****er would clearly be intended as a gay slur. A straight man can sodomize a straight woman, but calling someone a sodomist as a pejorative would clearly be intended as a gay slur.

If it was directed towards a man.

Sure.

The tea party movement has men and women.