PDA

View Full Version : Economics OK, so let's assume that B.O.'s agenda is dead in the water

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Will things start getting better in America? Specifically economically. I think that businesses were holding off on hiring until this whole Obamacare fiasco was sussed out.

It looks like it's finally had the wind taken out of it's sails.

What if the government just takes a few months off, does nothing, gets out of the way and lets the country recover.

Is it possible? Because I really don't want to see millions of Americans continue to suffer just to punish that jackass in the white house. I don't care if he gets all the credit---

What say you? Is it time to start thinking positive?

HonestChieffan
01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I doubt he will back off his agenda.

The question for me is how will the democrats react internally? There will be some who try to seperate from the Obama tag. After he failed to save Mass, Va, and NJ, they have to be seeing that being too tied to Obama is not smart.

I would expect his crew to push harder than ever and to try every way possible to get something passed. I think it will continue to anger the majority of thinking people to the point that November could be brutal.

Obama has a mission. And it is not to save the Old democrat party. It is to take over the party and turn it into a leftist operation unlike any we have seen before. If it means the democrat party is damaged, they do not care.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I doubt he will back off his agenda.

The question for me is how will the democrats react internally? There will be some who try to seperate from the Obama tag. After he failed to save Mass, Va, and NJ, they have to be seeing that being too tied to Obama is not smart.

I would expect his crew to push harder than ever and to try every way possible to get something passed. I think it will continue to anger the majority of thinking people to the point that November could be brutal.

Obama has a mission. And it is not to save the Old democrat party. It is to take over the party and turn it into a leftist operation unlike any we have seen before. If it means the democrat party is damaged, they do not care.

I agree with everything you said. But short of another 50 executive orders, hasn't he been neutered? He can try all he wants, but does he have the power? If the jackass just disappeared for a few months I truly believe the economy would start to recover.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I agree with everything you said. But short of another 50 executive orders, hasn't he been neutered? He can try all he wants, but does he have the power? If the jackass just disappeared for a few months I truly believe the economy would start to recover.

The economy will right itself if they quick jacking with it and making the debt rise. But if they increase taxes and dont stop spending it will be way slower and be a long time coming back.

Do not underestimate these people.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 03:16 PM
The economy will right itself if they quick jacking with it and making the debt rise. But if they increase taxes and dont stop spending it will be way slower and be a long time coming back.

Do not underestimate these people.

Damn. Then I get there isn't much hope. B.O. borrows 100 billion dollars a day. And the Bush tax cuts will expire. Stopping Obamacare will not have a positive outcome on the economy.

We very well may be a 3rd world country by 2012. And you just know Al Qaeda is going to get a guy who can accomplish more than setting his underwear on fire.

I guess last night really wasn't all that.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Last night will help. Its really in the hands of true democrats. If enough of them develop spine to oppose Obama's crap, the country wins.

For me its the country we have to worry about and to save it, dems and repubs have to come together vs progressives.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Last night will help. Its really in the hands of true democrats. If enough of them develop spine to oppose Obama's crap, the country wins.

For me its the country we have to worry about and to save it, dems and repubs have to come together vs progressives.

Oh me too. This is getting out of hand. B.O. is destroying millions of lives. Doesn't he see that?

fan4ever
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
It will be interesting watching what happens with consumer confidence over the next few months.

Buddy Rich
01-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh me too. This is getting out of hand. B.O. is destroying millions of lives. Doesn't he see that?

jesus, you spend a lot of time posting the same old crap. do you work? we get it, you don't like black people.

Amnorix
01-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Was Reagan dead after '82? Was Clinton dead after '04?

JFC people -- understand your history...

KC native
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM

Come on, Amnorix, let these guys rant. It's hilarious that they think Obama's agenda has been stopped because they no longer have a filibuster proof majority.

Taco John
01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't see how he's not a lame duck at this point. Every Democrat was just put on notice that their party-leading sitting president does not have the political currency with the voters to bail them out of a close election. This is a shell shock inducing event.

wild1
01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't see how he's not a lame duck at this point. Every Democrat was just put on notice that their party-leading sitting president does not have the political currency with the voters to bail them out of a close election. This is a shell shock inducing event.

"lame duck" is not the right word, but certainly things will have to change course in a big way in the next 8-9 months or they're going to get slaughtered this fall. And the next campaign will begin not long after that.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Come on, Amnorix, let these guys rant. It's hilarious that they think Obama's agenda has been stopped because they no longer have a filibuster proof majority.

His agenda has not been stopped

Amnorix
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM

Lame duck after one year. That's an all-time record.

He may, however, have trouble controlling the Democratic caucus on the Hill, which has historically always been somewhat more difficult for Democrats than Republicans.

Taco John
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Obama has a lot of time to recover, that is for sure. But he's got his work cut out for him. Reagan and Bill didn't have a challenger to their candidacy the way Hillary Clinton is currently positioned. It didn't fall on blind eyes with the Hilpos that that Obama couldn't rescue a Democrat in Massachussetteia. If the party goes to war with itself, Obama's candidacy will suffer.

Amnorix
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Obama has a lot of time to recover, that is for sure. But he's got his work cut out for him. Reagan and Bill didn't have a challenger to their candidacy the way Hillary Clinton is currently positioned. It didn't fall on blind eyes with the Hilpos that that Obama couldn't rescue a Democrat in Massachussetteia. If the party goes to war with itself, Obama's candidacy will suffer.

She could run. She'll be 65, though, which is a bit old to first win. Reagan set the record at 69, but most remember that he was sort of drooling by the end there. Not sure if she's electable.

If she runs against him, it will definitely complicate his life greatly, and may rend the Democrats apart in a way that is unrepairable in time for the general.

But that's 2 years away. A HELL of a long time in politics. Ultimately, it will all come down to the economy.

Taco John
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Ultimately, it will all come down to the economy.

Good luck to him with that. The Republicans have already sprung the message that the market is rebounding because it recognizes that Obama's hands are tied. If the market does start to rebound, which I think it will, he's going to have to tell his rebound story a lot louder than the Republicans will tell their counter story. Democrats aren't great at that.

Nothing is going to be easy for the guy at this point. Not that it is ever easy to be president. But he's got a hell of a challenge ahead of him just keeping a coalition together. There's going to have to be some serious restructuring ideas going on in his head right now within his own party.

I could easily see his presidency spinning out just selling his agenda within his own party.

He needs a victory and he needs it quick.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 04:02 PM

It is interesting how low Hillary has managed to keep her head throughout Pres. Obama's pratfall of a presidency.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
It is interesting how low Hillary has managed to keep her head throughout Pres. Obama's pratfall of a presidency.

Id say that is not an accident.

Taco John
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Indeed.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 04:46 PM
jesus, you spend a lot of time posting the same old crap. do you work? we get it, you don't like black people.

Quite the contrary, if I didn't like black people I would be 100% in the tank for democrats in general and B.O. in specific...

the official unemployment rate for African Americans (15.6% in November) is more than half again the overall rate of unemployment (10.%).

The unemployment rate for African Americans increased 4.3% in just one year from 11.3% in November of 2008, to 15.6% in November, 2009.

Any other stupid comments?

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
If she runs against him, it will definitely complicate his life greatly, and may rend the Democrats apart in a way that is unrepairable in time for the general.

No I think B.O. already accomplished both things when he ran against her in the 2008 primary.

patteeu
01-21-2010, 01:51 AM
The only things that Republicans can block now are initiatives that every single Republican senator rejects. With moderate/liberals like Snowe and Collins and so-called mavericks like McCain in the mix, there's plenty of opportunities for democrats to pick off a few Republican votes to get objectionable stuff passed. The worst of the worst parts of the agenda may be dead, but I fear that it will only make the dems act a little wiser about what they try to do. If they take the right approach, they will be able to move the country significantly leftward while being able to claim bipartisanship. It's what they should have been doing all along, but the 60 vote majority was too tempting and it had them swinging for the fences.