PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Ron Paul Delivers State of the Republic Address

Taco John
01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQts21QiKTQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQts21QiKTQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDTLsBA9ra0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDTLsBA9ra0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rfiHXHnhUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rfiHXHnhUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Mad Crapper
01-21-2010, 12:00 PM
TJ, do you think he'll run again in 2012? He's got my vote.

Taco John
01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
TJ, do you think he'll run again in 2012? He's got my vote.

This depends on what happens with the Rand Paul and/or Peter Schiff campaigns. If either Rand or Peter Schiff wins, I believe that Ron Paul will run for the presidency and draft one or the other as a vice president. This is just my best guess as an arm-chair political strategist.

Mile High Mania
01-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Is there a cliffs note version of his high points? Was this before or after Scott Brown's victory...

talastan
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I would hope that if Congressman Paul chooses not to run that some young constitutionally-based conservative is glued to him learning as much as they can so they can run themselves. I'd follow Ron Paul like his shadow for the next couple of years to learn and ready myself for a presidential run if I were a Republican/Libertarian canidate in 2012. JMO though...

donkhater
01-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I would hope that if Congressman Paul chooses not to run that some young constitutionally-based conservative is glued to him learning as much as they can so they can run themselves. I'd follow Ron Paul like his shadow for the next couple of years to learn and ready myself for a presidential run if I were a Republican/Libertarian canidate in 2012. JMO though...

While that wold be good and all, no young Congressman can have the YEARS of crdibility of having voted on issues that are consistent with his stand. One of, if not the only, member of Congress to do so. Very difficult to find.

Like our buddy here in Indiana, Evan Bayh. sure I'm a fiscal conservative Democrat, but lets vote for everything the Dems want anyway. He is in trouble by the sounds of it. There's been whispers that he could actually vote against raising the debt ceiling. It may buy him a re-election if he does more things like that.

Taco John
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM

Most Republicans still publically distance themselves from Ron Paul and his message because they still want to remain palatable to the New York Times set.

Chocolate Hog
01-21-2010, 01:21 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't run Gary Johnson would be a great candidate whos accomplished more than Dr.Paul.

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Republicans in general will never endorse Paul because if his stances on foreign policy.

Taco John
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Republicans in general will never endorse Paul because if his stances on foreign policy.

Either way, they're going to have to spend a lot of money, because a Ron Paul campaign would be adequately staffed and well funded (complete with public spectacles of one day mass fundraising media events), and with plenty of momentum to make a lot of noise.

Cannibal
01-21-2010, 04:10 PM
I will say this. I think if Paul had been elected, both wars would have been ended immediately which would have been drastic and noticable "change". (for the better IMO.)

Donger
01-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I simply cannot see Ron Paul as Commander-in-Chief of US Armed Forces. I suppose that his position is that he'd only authorize use of force if we were invaded? I honestly don't know his position on that.

Taco John
01-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I simply cannot see Ron Paul as Commander-in-Chief of US Armed Forces. I suppose that his position is that he'd only authorize use of force if we were invaded? I honestly don't know his position on that.

He believes in foot massages for Terrorists. And lavender bath beads.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Most Republicans still publically distance themselves from Ron Paul and his message because they still want to remain palatable to the New York Times set.
'Er the National Review, The Weekly Standard too.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Most super-hawks feel that way. They truly live in fear. Terrorism is working then. The best weapon would for us to flourish and prosper like crazy. That drives all our enemies mad!

You just don't like not getting to bomb Iran.