PDA

View Full Version : Elections Buyer's Remorse...

Taco John
01-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Here was one of my favorite moments from the 2006 election. This was great!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1U99QimXcZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1U99QimXcZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guru
01-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I must have missed that debate. Love the answer.

kcfanXIII
01-22-2010, 04:49 AM
ron paul is one of very few men in washington that i trust. i wrote his name in, in 2008, and unless someone similar steps forward and is on the ballot, i will write him in again in 2012.

The Mad Crapper
01-22-2010, 07:44 AM
That was awesome.

Amnorix
01-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Great answer to a tough question. Of course, he isn't really electable, but it was still a very good answer.

Otter
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Great answer to a tough question. Of course, he isn't really electable, but it was still a very good answer.

One of the biggest reasons he "isn't electable" is because he doesn't lie enough. He speaks his mind and you know exactly where he stands on an issue.

It's sad and hypocritical that being too honest is something that's looked down upon. Kinda funny in a sad way actually.

I voted for him and will again if I'm lucky enough to get a chance. He's very electable by people with a ****ing brain. He certainly can't do any worse than that retarded monkey in the white house right now.

patteeu
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
It was a great answer until he got to his "what's going on here" moment. He reminded me of Admiral James Stockdale:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKpX-5jQjQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKpX-5jQjQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
That's going to bring the race baiters out.

Otter
01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
That's going to bring the race baiters out.

Yeah, I thought of that after I typed it. Oh well, Obama lovers need an outlet at this point.

Go for it.

patteeu
01-22-2010, 08:30 AM
He's unelectable because of his pollyannish view of the world that makes him soft on defense. His neo-isolationist approach to military affairs is a recipe for disaster for the US.

patteeu
01-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I thought of that after I typed it. Oh well, Obama lovers need an outlet at this point.

Go for it.

LMAO (FWIW, I edited my post)

Royal Fanatic
01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
He's unelectable because of his pollyannish view of the world that makes him soft on defense. His neo-isolationist approach to military affairs is a recipe for disaster for the US.
Thank you! I thought for a minute that this thread was going to turn into a lovefest for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul was completely unelectable. His ideas were too radical and too goofy. It may sound good to an audience for him to say "Let's abolish all taxes", "Let's disband the IRS", "Let's get rid of the Federal Reserve", and "Let's bring all of our troops home immediately", but those simplistic ideas don't work in real life.

I'm reminded of Ronald Reagan's quote: "For every complex problem, there's a simple solution. (pause) And it's usually wrong.".

Chocolate Hog
01-22-2010, 02:05 PM
This answer was so good Faux News didn't show it when they re-aired this debate.

Chocolate Hog
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Your right the illegal war we fought in Iraq didn't isolate us from the rest of the world :rolleyes:

Chocolate Hog
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh and the "electable" Republican that year got his ass kicked. Lost states like North Carolina, Virginia, and Indiana.

patteeu
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Your right the illegal war we fought in Iraq didn't isolate us from the rest of the world :rolleyes:

It's a bit arrogant to say, but I know I'm right. Your sarcasm is based on a myth. The war in Iraq may not have been universally popular, but it didn't even come close to isolating us from the world. In fact, France, Germany, and Canada all elected more Bush-friendly governments after the Iraq invasion and you're fooling yourself if you don't think Iraq was unpopular with most of the other Arab countries in the region.

I guess that it did make us unpopular with the corrupt beneficiaries of the Oil for Food scam, Iran and various islamist groups though.

Taco John
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you! I thought for a minute that this thread was going to turn into a lovefest for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul was completely unelectable. His ideas were too radical and too goofy. It may sound good to an audience for him to say "Let's abolish all taxes", "Let's disband the IRS", "Let's get rid of the Federal Reserve", and "Let's bring all of our troops home immediately", but those simplistic ideas don't work in real life.

I'm reminded of Ronald Reagan's quote: "For every complex problem, there's a simple solution. (pause) And it's usually wrong.".

Nonsense. The answer to the worlds problems isn't found in the American wallet, no matter how deep into it you want to dig.

Chocolate Hog
01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
It's a bit arrogant to say, but I know I'm right. Your sarcasm is based on a myth. The war in Iraq may not have been universally popular, but it didn't even come close to isolating us from the world. In fact, France, Germany, and Canada all elected more Bush-friendly governments after the Iraq invasion and you're fooling yourself if you don't think Iraq was unpopular with most of the other Arab countries in the region.

I guess that it did make us unpopular with the corrupt beneficiaries of the Oil for Food scam, Iran and various islamist groups though.

You're so right the "bush friendly" candidates that were elected still didn't help in Iraq and are pulling out of Afghanistan.

patteeu
01-23-2010, 08:12 AM
You're so right the "bush friendly" candidates that were elected still didn't help in Iraq...

Not that that would change what I said, but it's also not really true:

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7429074.stm): French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner is in Iraq to offer help in rebuilding the country and promoting national reconciliation. May 2008

Global Research (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7897): Canadian General Takes Senior Command Role in Iraq. Jan 2008

... and are pulling out of Afghanistan.

What would that have to do with Bush? Obama is president now.

HonestChieffan
01-23-2010, 08:16 AM
You're so right the "bush friendly" candidates that were elected still didn't help in Iraq and are pulling out of Afghanistan.

Maybe they dont want their troops living and dying under the rules of engagement Obama has imposed.