PDA

View Full Version : Computers How do you use torrents?

Mastashake
01-22-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm really confused how these work. I'm fairly computer savvy, but certain things totally perplex me.

I know the concept of a torrent, but I don't know where to start. Do you have to download special software? If so, where do you get it from? Is it free or do you have to pay? Is there a download minimum? Is the software making a log of my torrents to send to someone else?

I just want to know how to get started in the wide world of torrents. I tried to wiki it and it didn't really tell me how.

Reaper16
01-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Download a torrent client. There are plenty of them.

You use that to open up a torrent file. Its free. No minimum.

Buck
01-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm really confused how these work. I'm fairly computer savvy, but certain things totally perplex me.

I know the concept of a torrent, but I don't know where to start. Do you have to download special software? If so, where do you get it from? Is it free or do you have to pay? Is there a download minimum? Is the software making a log of my torrents to send to someone else?

I just want to know how to get started in the wide world of torrents. I tried to wiki it and it didn't really tell me how.

1. Download a program called uTorrent
2. Go to www.thepiratebay.org and find what you want to download
3. Select "download torrent"
4. The torrent will then open up in the program uTorrent, and when its finished you have a completed file

Mastashake
01-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Okay, cool. I went to bittorrent, and it would only let me download like one torrent or something like that. It wasn't very good at all.

Fruit Ninja
01-22-2010, 01:51 AM
Utorrent is the best imo. you can go to a few free sites. www.eztv.it for pure tv shows. They already said pirate bay. www.isohunt.com as well, but after that, its pretty slim pickings unless you got membership at other torrent sites.

Fish
01-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Laz put together an awesome thread that will answer most of your questions. Check it out: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150752

demonhero
01-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I use the hacked version of vuze......

Third Eye
01-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Utorrent is the best imo. you can go to a few free sites. www.eztv.it for pure tv shows. They already said pirate bay. www.isohunt.com as well, but after that, its pretty slim pickings unless you got membership at other torrent sites.

Torrentz search engine is your friend.