PDA

View Full Version : Computers Dream Weaver help

btlook1
01-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Ok I need a little help with Dream Weaver. I would guess there are a couple of people that have some knowledge and it's a simple problem that I can't figure out. Over the last year or so when I update my web site I have a page or two that seems to get wider as time goes on. These pages I update frequently as most of the others don't seem to do this. Question is how do I get them back to the same width as my other pages. I don't like to have to scroll side ways to see stuff on each side of the page.
I have limited skills so if you have a suggestion or can help please keep it simple. I know just enough to get by. The planet always rocks when it comes to computer help!! Thank you!

DMAC
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Ohhhh Dreeeeeaaam Weavverrr
I believe you can get me through the nighhhhhhhttt

:)

Fish
01-22-2010, 09:18 AM
You can set a fixed width for those pages.

Follow the instructions in Post #2 on this page: http://www.namepros.com/web-design-discussion/237520-fixed-page-size-question-using-dreamweaver.html

I'd type it out, but the forum tries to use the coding in the explanation and you can't see it...

btlook1
01-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks KCFish!
So I assume that I could just cut and paste that in to the code anywhere? I don't mess with the coding of anything on the site. Didn't build the site just know enough to do updates and very minor things....one of these days I will plan to build another just don't have the time to play with it right now. Thanks again.

Fish
01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Just put the code inside the {body} ..... {/body} part.