Amazing. He cant talk to 3rd graders without TOTUS

http://dougpowers.com/2010/01/19/totus/

bluehawkdoc
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
"3rd graders, let me be clear...."
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
01-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Is that real or photoshopped? If this is an actual site an not a parody site, this is absolutely amazing. I've never seen anything like that. Does this guy read his teleprompter to tell his kids goodnight or to ask his wife to pass the salt at the dinner table?

HonestChieffan
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Not Photoshopped...check here http://www.daylife.com/search?q=graham+road

Chief Henry
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
This deserves two :facepalm: :facepalm:

Can you imagine the sqwalling the liberals would be doing if this were W ?

Does this president still give you a tingle up your freaking leg ROFL

Reaper16
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
The captions for those photos make it out that Obama isn't speaking to those kids, he's using the classroom as a rhetorical device.

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM

Gawd! That IS creepy!

wild1
01-23-2010, 02:43 PM
ROFL

Guru
01-23-2010, 04:22 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n271/douggells/obama1.jpg

Wow

mlyonsd
01-23-2010, 04:32 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n271/douggells/obama1.jpg

Wow

Looks like the SS finally got the message after the state dinner crashers cause the guy in the back is ready to pounce on anyone that tries to roll Obama for his milk money.

Taco John
01-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm not convinced that's not a photoshop. How humiliating if it's not. At least it's humiliating for me to see.

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
If it is photoshop it's a damn good one!

The Mad Crapper
01-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Just the fact that we're even having this conversation....

How could anybody not be embarrassed by this. The guy ceases to amaze me.

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Will someone tell me what the "T" stands for in TOTUS?

NewChief
01-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not convinced that's not a photoshop. How humiliating if it's not. At least it's humiliating for me to see.

My inclination is that it's a PS as well. The cord running along the floor and back to the wall runs toward the wall socket, but there's nothing plugged into that wall socket. It just seems to disappear.

I'm not trying to spin or defend here, I'm just blown away if this was real.

Guru
01-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Will someone tell me what the "T" stands for in TOTUS?Teleprompter

NewChief
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Actually, that collection explains it better. It appears that when he's reading from the prompter, he was delivering a televised address with the schoolroom as the backdrop. It does not appear that he was "talking to 3rd graders" with the teleprompter. You can clearly see there that he was having an informal talk with them minus the teleprompter. Anyway, it's still a little weird.

Guru
01-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Actually, that collection explains it better. It appears that when he's reading from the prompter, he was delivering a televised address with the schoolroom as the backdrop. It does not appear that he was "talking to 3rd graders" with the teleprompter. You can clearly see there that he was having an informal talk with them minus the teleprompter. Anyway, it's still a little weird.I would like to understand why everything Obama does requires a televised address.

The Mad Crapper
01-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Will someone tell me what the "T" stands for in TOTUS?

Teleprompter.

Jenson71
01-23-2010, 06:06 PM
I would like to understand why everything Obama does requires a televised address.

It was a speech on Education funding. CSPAN televises it, and the White House does these things called videos where the American people can load them on the internet. You know, 8th grade basketball teams have a camera guy (a volunteer dad). Why the fuck wouldn't the president of the United States when he's giving a major speech about education funding?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/race-top-education-reform

It was a planned, prepared speech. It just took place in a classroom, and before or after, the president had some cute photo-op with kids to show the voters that he likes kids and is "one of us".

The Mad Crapper
01-23-2010, 06:07 PM
It was a speech on Education funding. CSPAN televises it, and the White House does these things called videos where the American people can load them on the internet. You know, 8th grade basketball teams have a camera guy (a volunteer dad). Why the **** wouldn't the president of the United States when he's giving a major speech about education funding?

It was a planned, prepared speech. It just took place in a classroom, and before or after, the president had some cute photo-op with kids to show the voters that he likes kids and is "one of us".

Love is blind.

Guru
01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
It was a speech on Education funding. CSPAN televises it, and the White House does these things called videos where the American people can load them on the internet. You know, 8th grade basketball teams have a camera guy (a volunteer dad). Why the **** wouldn't the president of the United States when he's giving a major speech about education funding?

It was a planned, prepared speech. It just took place in a classroom, and before or after, the president had some cute photo-op with kids to show the voters that he likes kids and is "one of us".All I can say is that this president does a lot of speeches that he feels need to be on TV. Seems to be much more than above the average for any previous president in their first year in office.

Jenson71
01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Love is blind.

So is hate and ignorance.

Bearcat2005
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
All I can say is that this president does a lot of speeches that he feels need to be on TV. Seems to be much more than above the average for any previous president in their first year in office.

Public speaking is what he is good at so he is sticking with it, now the actual words that come out his mouth is what is currently causing problems for him :)

The Mad Crapper
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
So is hate and ignorance.

UNCLEAN!

ROFL

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Teleprompter

Now why didn't I get THAT!? I kept racking my brain and nothing came up!
Thanks!

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jenson71
It was a planned, prepared speech. It just took place in a classroom, and before or after, the president had some cute photo-op with kids to show the voters that he likes kids and is "one of us"

What if O was one of us.
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

Taco John
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I wonder how phoney you feel when you are reading off of a teleprompter while you're commandeering a classroom for a television spot? There's probably more television, sound guys, and message advisors in that class room than there are kids.

I don't usually blink at stuff like this, but this guy just seems more and more phoney every day.

fan4ever
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM

Well, I'm glad CSPAN was finally allowed to get involved in SOMETHING...

BucEyedPea
01-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I wonder how phoney you feel when you are reading off of a teleprompter while you're commandeering a classroom for a television spot? There's probably more television, sound guys, and message advisors in that class room than there are kids.

I don't usually blink at stuff like this, but this guy just seems more and more phoney every day.

I was thinking the same thing. That is just weird.

KCTitus
01-24-2010, 12:38 AM
LOL...teleprompter in a 3rd grade class!!! Cant he just throw in a few Hope's and Change's and call it a day?

patteeu
01-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Actually, that collection explains it better. It appears that when he's reading from the prompter, he was delivering a televised address with the schoolroom as the backdrop. It does not appear that he was "talking to 3rd graders" with the teleprompter. You can clearly see there that he was having an informal talk with them minus the teleprompter. Anyway, it's still a little weird.

There must be a lot of people with Reaper16 on ignore. Once you recognize that his nearly unbearable ego is really just a mask for the wide range of deficiencies he sees in himself, he's not so bad. Give him another try.

patteeu
01-24-2010, 07:42 AM

I'd bet that they cleared the kids out completely for the speech.

Reaper16
01-24-2010, 07:55 AM
There must be a lot of people with Reaper16 on ignore. Once you recognize that his nearly unbearable ego is really just a mask for the wide range of deficiencies he sees in himself, he's not so bad. Give him another try.
LMAO

For the record, I don't have anyone on ignore. I suffer for the boards sins like a crap Jesus.

RNR
01-24-2010, 08:55 AM
All I can say is that this president does a lot of speeches that he feels need to be on TV. Seems to be much more than above the average for any previous president in their first year in office.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/20/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6119525.shtml

This is a count of his activity add this to the countless tv shows he has been on. It is safe to say Barry loves him some Barry~

wild1
01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
It's not really the fact that he is using one for televised remarks from a third grade class, it's just sad that you don't see him doing ANYTHING without a teleprompter. Have we ever heard him say something that Axelrod and Emmanuel haven't scripted? How do you know?

The Mad Crapper
01-24-2010, 06:27 PM
It's not really the fact that he is using one for televised remarks from a third grade class, it's just sad that you don't see him doing ANYTHING without a teleprompter. Have we ever heard him say something that Axelrod and Emmanuel haven't scripted? How do you know?

No. Now you know.

Norman Einstein
01-24-2010, 09:32 PM

What I find interesting is that in the room with the teleprompters there are no obvious signs of life other than Obot himself and his aid, or whatever the guy is.

It makes you wonder what was said to those kids and whether it was appropriate for them to hear.

Where can we get the text of his speech to the kids?

memyselfI
01-25-2010, 06:26 AM
This has to be a low point in a 'lying face down in a ditch' presidency.

HonestChieffan
01-25-2010, 07:06 AM
This has to be a low point in a 'lying face down in a ditch' presidency.

Bet he gets lower

petegz28
01-25-2010, 07:11 AM
An article I read said it was 6th graders. Like it makes a difference, but just saying.

Garcia Bronco
01-25-2010, 09:56 AM
My inclination is that it's a PS as well. The cord running along the floor and back to the wall runs toward the wall socket, but there's nothing plugged into that wall socket. It just seems to disappear.

I'm not trying to spin or defend here, I'm just blown away if this was real.

It could be a patch cable for the (sound) monitors at his feet. Why he would need mics and a sound monitor for a 10X20 class room is astounding. It would be different if it were the "Gym-a-caf-a-torium"

Garcia Bronco
01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I would like to understand why everything Obama does requires a televised address.

B ecause he has to be "Clear"

memyselfI
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
The teleprompter is on at this very moment. Why don't they just have a Lite channel that is 24/7 about him. That way those of us who want to avoid that crap can block it with our Vchip.