PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Legion?

Micjones
01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Has anyone seen it? Please share your opinion of it if you have. I'm on my way to the theaters in about an hour and I will gladly pick something else. The trailer looked interesting, but they're tearing that film up on Rotten Tomatoes. I've read something like two-dozen reviews and they are ALL bad.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-24-2010, 10:04 AM
why would you trust an opinion here more that 2 dozen others? If it sucks, it sucks.

Reaper16
01-24-2010, 10:07 AM
The trailer looked like the worst film imaginable.

Micjones
01-24-2010, 10:09 AM
why would you trust an opinion here more that 2 dozen others? If it sucks, it sucks.

Because Rotten Tomatoes seems like a site where they trash EVERY film.
There are never any redeeming qualities. Bad film, bad acting, bad wardrobe, bad score, bad movie title, actor's breath smelled bad...

I wanted a more balanced opinion of it...

Rausch
01-24-2010, 10:16 AM

I thought it looked like a good popcorn flick.

Some action, some decent CGI, respectable acting.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
There are never any redeeming qualities. Bad film, bad acting, bad wardrobe, bad score, bad movie title, actor's breath smelled bad...

well, here's a good review for you

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_7870.htm

just don't complain when you get home and can't believe you wasted $9.

I find RT pretty accurate for more movies once it opens. Pre-opening reviews can sometimes be a bit skewed.

Reaper16
01-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Rotten Tomatoes provides an aggregate score of film critics reviews of a film and provides links to each critics' review. The site doesn't trash anything, the various film critics of North America and Europe do.

And the critics' consensus is rarely incorrect.

Silock
01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
RT is generally good, but the problem is that they don't rate a film on how much you'll enjoy it, but more how Oscar-worthy it is.

An entertaining film like Underworld won't score very high, but I enjoy the hell out of it because it's a fun watch... and has Kate Beckinsale in skin-tight clothing.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 12:32 PM
RT is generally good, but the problem is that they don't rate a film on how much you'll enjoy it, but more how Oscar-worthy it is.

An entertaining film like Underworld won't score very high, but I enjoy the hell out of it because it's a fun watch... and has Kate Beckinsale in skin-tight clothing.

You lost me there.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Has anyone seen it? Please share your opinion of it if you have. I'm on my way to the theaters in about an hour and I will gladly pick something else. The trailer looked interesting, but they're tearing that film up on Rotten Tomatoes. I've read something like two-dozen reviews and they are ALL bad.

Here's a good question that works about 90 percent of the time. Did it come out in January?

There's a reason January is a vast wasteland of movies.

Silock
01-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Meh, the actual film doesn't really matter. We all have movies we like that got maybe 1/2 star in the reviews.

Guru
01-24-2010, 12:36 PM

I wanted a more balanced opinion of it...I have found RT to be dead on accurate of every movie I have seen.

Frazod
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM
You lost me there.

Apparently you missed Kate Beckinsale's ass.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 12:44 PM

I saw it. I wasn't distracted by the big fuckin' turd that surrounded it.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 12:45 PM

To further my point, Halle Berry in skin tight patent leather didn't make Catwoman watchable either.

Halfcan
01-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Saw it last night-I would give it a B-pretty cool story, descent action but a lot of slow parts.

Valiant
01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I thought it looked like a good popcorn flick.

Some action, some decent CGI, respectable acting.

It was not.. I was disappointed with the movie..

Good for the first 15 mins.. Utter crap the rest..

Bane
01-24-2010, 01:11 PM
There may be 30 min of actual good footage throughout the entire movie.I was not impressed. IMO.

Rausch
01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Shame.

I had this pegged for a flick that could rival the original Prophecy in at least CGI and acting.

Frazod
01-24-2010, 02:35 PM
To further my point, Halle Berry in skin tight patent leather didn't make Catwoman watchable either.

Kate Beckinsale is far hotter than Halle Berry.

Silock
01-24-2010, 04:37 PM

When a Tiger and a Jayhawk actually AGREE on something, you know it's the damned truth.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 04:49 PM

:spock:

Uh..... No. I'd pick Halle any day of the week.

In any case, hot actress doesn't equal good movie, even when pleather or latex is involved. Underworld sucked.

Silock
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
In any case, you're missing the point of my post. I highly doubt you only enjoy movies that are on the All-Time Oscar Winning list. Everyone has shit movies they enjoy.

I'm simply saying that RT doesn't account for that, so it's best to just decide for yourself. That doesn't mean you have to see it at the theater, though.

Frazod
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM

In any case, hot actress doesn't equal good movie, even when pleather or latex is involved. Underworld sucked.

You're out of your mind. Berry isn't even in the same league.

As as for the movies, Underworld was a silly but entertaining movie with great eye candy. Not great, but certainly not deserving of the ripping you're giving it.

I have no idea how bad Catwoman is since I don't watch movies that get such horrible reviews.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-24-2010, 08:13 PM
In any case, you're missing the point of my post. I highly doubt you only enjoy movies that are on the All-Time Oscar Winning list. Everyone has shit movies they enjoy.

I'm simply saying that RT doesn't account for that, so it's best to just decide for yourself. That doesn't mean you have to see it at the theater, though.

You are correct. RT doesn't account for "fun" movies. Agreed 100 percent. :thumb:

Fraz..... Underworld still sucked, though. And it deserves every bit of ripping I'm giving it. It was horrible. Not Troy or Alexander horrible, but horrible nonetheless. You should remember that I am still a recovering critic. :)

Deberg_1990
01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's a good question that works about 90 percent of the time. Did it come out in January?

There's a reason January is a vast wasteland of movies.

heh..just once id like to see a studio take a chance and release an Iron Man 2 or Transformers in January.

Lzen
01-26-2010, 07:29 AM

Yes!

Lzen
01-26-2010, 07:29 AM

This.

Deberg_1990
01-26-2010, 08:47 AM

In any case, hot actress doesn't equal good movie, even when pleather or latex is involved.

I raise you a Catwoman.

Micjones
01-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Legion was a stinknugget.

Reaper16
01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Legion was a stinknugget.
Trust the critical consensus.

demonhero
01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Even with the cast the had to work with, the movie's plot was beyond terrible. What you see in the trailers is about all of the action in the movie.

demonhero
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Even with the cast they had to work with, the movie's plot was beyond terrible. What you see in the trailers is about all of the action in the movie.

Micjones
01-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Trust the critical consensus.

I do more often than not, but there are always times when I like a film that's been beaten up by the critics.

DeepPurple
01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I rented "Whiteout" last night from Red Box, it stars Kate Beckinsale. It's not horrible, but for a $35 million budget, they didn't get their monies worth. She did help make the movie watchable, but you'll probably end up talking to the screen because everyone is such a dumbass in the film.

tomahawk kid
01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
So for those that have seen "Legion" - God sends Jesus (ala the second coming) back to earth via a diner waitress, then decides to destroy earth via legions of angels.

THEN, Michael the Arkangel goes off the reservation and decides to save said second coming.

How does the film tidy up that nightmare of contradictions?

Fish
01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey Mr. Spoiler jackass..... what gives?