PDA

View Full Version : Computers Snyone know how to get rid of Internet Security 2010

KC2004
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Cause i'm not having much luck.:cuss:

Also not having much luck with spelling the thread title correctly.

Royal Fanatic
01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Let me Google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/ybjv55p)

Royal Fanatic
01-24-2010, 09:24 PM
One of the pages on the Google results says Malwarebytes removes this.

Google "Download malwarebytes" and you'll be halfway there.

Priest31kc
01-25-2010, 12:25 AM
I had this a month ago, & couldn't get rid of it. So I just reformatted my computer.

Royal Fanatic
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I run the malwarebytes program every now and then, and it gets rid of most of those nasties.

jjjayb
01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Download and run Combofix. If your computer has the funk, this will fix it.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

An idiots guide to running combofix (with pictures) is here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix#use

Frazod
01-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I had this a month ago, & couldn't get rid of it. So I just reformatted my computer.

I upgraded from Vista (fuck you Microsoft) to Windows 7 over the weekend. My computer was minorly crudded by stuff the anti-virus software couldn't get rid of and had developed an annoying lag while doing anything on line. God only knows where I picked it up. I'm pretty much to the point now I won't click on anything except stuff from a handful of sites. Spyware and malware are everywhere, and the stuff you download to fix it generally just makes it worse. It's ridiculous. :shake:

The basic advice I get from my IT friend who does all my computer stuff is this - anything you find on the internet that is free should automatically be viewed with suspicion. There is no free.

Priest31kc
01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I upgraded from Vista (**** you Microsoft) to Windows 7 over the weekend. My computer was minorly crudded by stuff the anti-virus software couldn't get rid of and had developed an annoying lag while doing anything on line. God only knows where I picked it up. I'm pretty much to the point now I won't click on anything except stuff from a handful of sites. Spyware and malware are everywhere, and the stuff you download to fix it generally just makes it worse. It's ridiculous. :shake:

The basic advice I get from my IT friend who does all my computer stuff is this - anything you find on the internet that is free should automatically be viewed with suspicion. There is no free.

haha, so are you looking to reformat your computer?

Frazod
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
haha, so are you looking to reformat your computer?

Already done. The computer was still functional, so I was able to save my data to an external drive beforehand. I had to reload and update software, but other than it was fairly painless.

demonhero
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
You need to get malwarebytes from an external source like a cd or flash drive and run it at boot.

This virus tries to re-route internet searches, but you can click the cached links and bypass that. With that being said there is a binary program that kill the process that the virus attaches itself to (, but one is explore.exe).

So in other words reformat that shitz.

Fish
01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
You need to get malwarebytes from an external source like a cd or flash drive and run it at boot.

This virus tries to re-route internet searches, but you can click the cached links and bypass that. With that being said there is a binary program that kill the process that the virus attaches itself to (, but one is explore.exe).

Your IT advice is both random and terrible.

Malwarebytes won't run at boot. It will only run inside the OS. There is no version that will run at boot. There have been talks of making a PE version of it, but the heuristics it uses don't really necessitate that.

And suggesting a "binary program"? Seriously? Do you even know what these terms mean when you're suggesting help to others?

QuikSsurfer
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
And suggesting a "binary program"? Seriously? Do you even know what these terms mean when you're suggesting help to others?

ROFL

demonhero
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM

Malwarebytes won't run at boot. It will only run inside the OS. There is no version that will run at boot. There have been talks of making a PE version of it, but the heuristics it uses don't really necessitate that.

http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12868

To the original OP, I can't find the binary program, so you have to manually kill these running processes. Good Luck.

IS2010.exe
41.exe
winlogon86.exe
winupdate86.exe

jjjayb
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Reformat?!? Geez, let's not go overboard. Just run combofix and your problem will be solved. It is made specificly for this type of infection.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
My roommates pc had this. I just did a system restore. No more issues.