PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues The New Dem Health Care Strategy -- You're Not Going To Believe This

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Or maybe you will give all the contortions they've taken to get this lump of crap as far as they have...

The Dem leadership is now floating a plan whereby all of the changes that were being negotiated between the Dems in the House and Senate would be written into a law that the Senate would sign through reconcilliation. How can they push through parts that aren't yet law via reconcilliation (since the procedure can only amend existing law)? The Senate, get this, will pass it's changes to a law that doesn't yet exist first, then the Dems will pass the revised bill (that the Senate vote via reconcilliation has amended).

Because, they believe, it doesn't matter what the order the bills are passed through their respective chambers may be -- it matters in what order Obama signs them!

These people have lost their minds but don't put it past them to try this -- voter will be damned.

talastan
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Mass. election = talking to a brick wall. Queen Nancy and her jester Reid are going to ram this thing through; parlimentary procedures, constitutional limitations, and popular opinion be d@mned. Obama is going to get his healthcare reform he promised whether you like it or not.

BigRedChief
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Or maybe you will give all the contortions they've taken to get this lump of crap as far as they have...

The Dem leadership is now floating a plan whereby all of the changes that were being negotiated between the Dems in the House and Senate would be written into a law that the Senate would sign through reconcilliation. How can they push through parts that aren't yet law via reconcilliation (since the procedure can only amend existing law)? The Senate, get this, will pass it's changes to a law that doesn't yet exist first, then the Dems will pass the revised bill (that the Senate vote via reconcilliation has amended).

Because, they believe, it doesn't matter what the order the bills are passed through their respective chambers may be -- it matters in what order Obama signs them!

These people have lost their minds but don't put it past them to try this -- voter will be damned.
where's the link to this information? Who's the author?

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/EarthDay/Obama_shovel_walk_230.jpg

wild1
01-25-2010, 12:56 PM
If they want to throw themselves off a cliff, I say we stand back and let them try it.

patteeu
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM

Dick Morris talks about this strategy in his recent column, but he doesn't address the part about doing the reconciliation first. Audacious was the perfect word for this regime if they actually try to pull this off. It sure seems counter-intuitive from a political perspective.

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Trust me -- it is the preferred plan at the moment. Comes from someone in the know and as the other poster points out it has been discussed by others.

And technically, I guess, it is a legal way to proceed though I'm not sure even 51 Senators would go along with this one. As I said in another thread the best gift the Dems could have received long-term was a Scott Brown victory. But their problem is they don't think their policies are what's causing the backlash -- they think it is their "message".

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Dick Morris talks about this strategy in his recent column, but he doesn't address the part about doing the reconciliation first. Audacious was the perfect word for this regime if they actually try to pull this off. It sure seems counter-intuitive from a political perspective.

It's so contrarian it makes you wonder if getting close to passing a terrible bill that treats pro-Dem groups differently from the rest of us, gives kick-backs to corrupt politicians, plays games with the costs, and doesn't really do what we were all told was the goal (lowering costs) is really the reason they're pushing it so hard.

It couldn't be...politics, could it?

It couldn't be...control, could it?

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Trust me -- it is the preferred plan at the moment. Comes from someone in the know and as the other poster points out it has been discussed by others.

And technically, I guess, it is a legal way to proceed though I'm not sure even 51 Senators would go along with this one. As I said in another thread the best gift the Dems could have received long-term was a Scott Brown victory. But their problem is they don't think their policies are what's causing the backlash -- they think it is their "message".

Ben Nelson is fighting for his political life, I wonder if he will continue to go along with this, knowing that will seal his fate.

BigRedChief
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Trust me -- it is the preferred plan at the moment. Comes from someone in the know and as the other poster points out it has been discussed by others.so this is just your own information based on your insider information?

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Buttons_Vote_All.gif

BucEyedPea
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Ben Nelson is fighting for his political life, I wonder if he will continue to go along with this, knowing that will seal his fate.

He doesn't elected this time around unfortunately. But later. It should still have some effect on him I'd hope.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2010, 03:35 PM
It's so contrarian it makes you wonder if getting close to passing a terrible bill that treats pro-Dem groups differently from the rest of us, gives kick-backs to corrupt politicians, plays games with the costs, and doesn't really do what we were all told was the goal (lowering costs) is really the reason they're pushing it so hard.

It couldn't be...politics, could it?

It couldn't be...control, could it?

You nailed it!! It's what's it's all about!!!!:cuss::cuss:

Direckshun
01-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Welcome to a week ago.

Brock
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
The debate is over.

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Welcome to a week ago.

I thought it was 2 weeks? I get so confused

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/images/mao-zedong-3.jpg

RINGLEADER
01-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Before Brown's election the Dem leadership was all about health care inevitability. The new partyline is that "we Dems are going to get blamed either way so we might as well pass it..."

Norman Einstein
01-26-2010, 05:17 AM

You should go back to cut and paste, at least your posts make sense when you do that. Have you not listened to the news lately? It is all over as the current plan of action. Just passs the bill and then we can work out the little differences later with amendments.

Those assholes need to get it right before they ruin what was once was the best place in the world for medical care. With obamacare we will be as bad off as any other third world healthcare system.

RINGLEADER
01-26-2010, 10:06 AM
You should go back to cut and paste, at least your posts make sense when you do that. Have you not listened to the news lately? It is all over as the current plan of action. Just passs the bill and then we can work out the little differences later with amendments.

Those assholes need to get it right before they ruin what was once was the best place in the world for medical care. With obamacare we will be as bad off as any other third world healthcare system.

Not the part about the Senate passing the changes via reconcilliation first. Though the New York Times has a piece on it this morning and the question of whether or not you can amend a law that doesn't yet exist.

Direckshun
01-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I thought it was 2 weeks? I get so confused

Either way, this thread isn't exactly what I'd call a hot lead.

patteeu
01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Either way, this thread isn't exactly what I'd call a hot lead.

Where did you see this idea a week ago? I don't spend much time at the Huffington Post or any other leftwing blogstops, but I follow along pretty closely and this was the first time I'd seen this particular strategy. The simultaneous/reverse passage of the two measures is new to me. Before that it was a case of "trust me" which didn't look like it was going to fly and before that you had numbskulls like Grayson talking like they'd just reconcile the whole health care plan.

Direckshun
01-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Where did you see this idea a week ago? I don't spend much time at the Huffington Post or any other leftwing blogstops, but I follow along pretty closely and this was the first time I'd seen this particular strategy. The simultaneous/reverse passage of the two measures is new to me. Before that it was a case of "trust me" which didn't look like it was going to fly and before that you had numbskulls like Grayson talking like they'd just reconcile the whole health care plan.

I read it on the Hill the night of the Brown election.

Ezra Klein was discussing it as an option. CNN picked up on it and started reporting it as an option the next day.

petegz28
01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Not the part about the Senate passing the changes via reconcilliation first. Though the New York Times has a piece on it this morning and the question of whether or not you can amend a law that doesn't yet exist.

Yea, that is choice, isn't it? Let's pass a law based on a law that doesn't even exist!!!

patteeu
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I read it on the Hill the night of the Brown election.

Ezra Klein was discussing it as an option. CNN picked up on it and started reporting it as an option the next day.

Hmmm, OK, maybe I missed it, but I just looked at a bunch of articles from The Hill posted on the 19th and 20th and I found a lot of them that talked about a using reconciliation after passage of the Senate bill, but I didn't find anything that mentioned doing it in advance.

In any event, if you happened upon this apparently well-kept secret a week ago that's a tribute to the close attention you must pay to these things, but I don't think it's fair to say "welcome to a week ago" in response to this thread. I doubt that many others had heard of this idea before RINGLEADER posted it.

Chief Henry
01-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Lets see if the dems have the gonads to do an end run around what the people
Don't want or need.

Direckshun
01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, OK, maybe I missed it, but I just looked at a bunch of articles from The Hill posted on the 19th and 20th and I found a lot of them that talked about a using reconciliation after passage of the Senate bill, but I didn't find anything that mentioned doing it in advance.

In any event, if you happened upon this apparently well-kept secret a week ago that's a tribute to the close attention you must pay to these things, but I don't think it's fair to say "welcome to a week ago" in response to this thread. I doubt that many others had heard of this idea before RINGLEADER posted it.

Whatever you say.

patteeu
01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Whatever you say.

Yeah, that's what I thought.