PDA

View Full Version : Elections The Mad as Hell Party

NewChief
01-25-2010, 12:07 PM
I kind of liked this read, and it echoes some of my own thoughts on the current political climate:

http://salon.com/news/tea_parties/index.html?story=/opinion/feature/2010/01/25/mad_as_hell_open2010
Tea Parties
MONDAY, JAN 25, 2010 09:26 EST
What the Mad-As-Hell folks could do
Republicans and Democrats are scrambling to embrace the new grassroots anger. But do they get it?
BY ROBERT REICH
A third political party is emerging in America. Call it the I’m-Mad-As-Hell party.

It’s a mistake to see the Mad-As-Hell party as just a right-wing phenomenon – the so-called Tea Partiers now storming the gates of the Republican Party. There are plenty of mad-as-hellers on the left as well -- furious at Wall Street, health insurers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and establishment Democrats.

Mad-as-hellers don’t trust big government. But they don’t trust big business and Wall Street, either. They especially hate it when big government gets together with big business and Wall Street -- while at the same time Main Street is in shambles and millions of people are losing their jobs and homes.

First it was TARP, the giant bank bailout that seems to have made Wall Street flush again -- so flush the Street is now distributing giant bonuses as if the crash it brought on never happened.

Then came the stimulus package, replete with earmarked goodies for every corporation big enough to hire a team of Washington lobbyists.

And then it was healthcare, which to some people looked like a sweetheart deal between government and Big Pharma and big health insurers.

To the Mad-As-Hell party, the biggest event last week wasn’t Scott Brown’s upset victory in Massachusetts. It was the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizen’s United vs. the Federal Election Commission, allowing corporations to spend however much they want on political campaigns. True mad-as-hellers see this as inviting even more collusion between big business, Wall Street, and big government -- and against the rest of us.

With the mid-term elections months away, both Republicans and Democrats are scrambling to embrace the Mad-As-Hell Party as their own. Republicans are hoping the mad-as-hellers forget the gushing corporate welfare of the Bush administration and the last Republican congress. And Democrats have become born-again economic populists, blaming the nation’s problems on the same "fat cat" bankers and corporate lobbyists they’ve been cozying up to for years.

If the Mad-as-hell Party helps get money out of politics it will do a world of good. I might even join up. But if it just fulminates against the establishment, forget it. Wrecking balls are easy to wield. Rescuing our democracy is hard work.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Wait... are Dem's actually thinking that they can exploit this movement to their benefit?

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/TeaParty_Teabaggers_260.gif

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Wait... are Dem's actually thinking that they can exploit this movement to their benefit?

Actually yes and that is because there is alot of liberals\progressive that are mad at Obama because he isn't left enough

NewChief
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM

I think his point was that there are similar sentiments (mad as hell) from the Left that aren't necessarily encapsulated by the Tea Baggers.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Actually yes and that is because there is alot of liberals\progressive that are mad at Obama because he isn't left enough

No, you don't spend a year calling people "teabaggers" and then one day say, "sorry, we'll call you the mad as hell party and you'll start voting for us".

This is just more propaganda that the left is trying to spin what B.O. said to Stephanopolous last week that "the same forces that put Scott Brown in office put me in office".

It's pathological self delusion.

NewChief
01-25-2010, 12:47 PM
No, you don't spend a year calling people "teabaggers" and then one day say, "sorry, we'll call you the mad as hell party and you'll start voting for us".

This is just more propaganda that the left is trying to spin what B.O. said to Stephanopolous last week that "the same forces that put Scott Brown in office put me in office".

Once again, you're wrong as to his point. He never said that the Left wants to join the Tea Bag party or sway them to their side. He said there are people who are "mad as hell" on both sides of the aisle. One could argue that Obama got voted in by those people who (wrongly) thought he was bringing change to DC. The Right has the Tea Bag movement to represent them. Now both parties, recognizing that there is a mad as hell movement, are each trying to bring their "mad as hell" voters back into the fold by casting themselves as reformist. He's not trying to write propaganda. He's trying to point out that being pissed at the government isn't a partisan trait.

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Once again, you're wrong as to his point. He never said that the Left wants to join the Tea Bag party or sway them to their side. He said there are people who are "mad as hell" on both sides of the aisle. One could argue that Obama got voted in by those people who (wrongly) thought he was bringing change to DC. The Right has the Tea Bag movement to represent them. Now both parties, recognizing that there is a mad as hell movement, are each trying to bring their "mad as hell" voters back into the fold by casting themselves as reformist. He's not trying to write propaganda. He's trying to point out that being pissed at the government isn't a partisan trait.

Yep

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I think his point was that there are similar sentiments (mad as hell) from the Left that aren't necessarily encapsulated by the Tea Baggers.

Oh, I know that's the spin he was aiming for, but it's translucent propaganda. The Left is in trouble and they are trying to make strange bedfollows. There is no "mad as hell party".

HonestChieffan
01-25-2010, 01:03 PM

Look who wrote that. He was out of touch when he was the bearded midget in Clintos whitehouse.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2010, 01:10 PM

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!:thumb:

NewChief
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
You all are delusional if you think there is no anti-DC, mad as hell, sick of all the bullshit force on the Left. Once again, those -are- the forces that put Obama into office. You can laugh at his comment all you want, but that is the force. Does that mean that they're the same people as the tea baggers or the same people who voted for Brown? No. Is there some of the same energy (mad as hell) in those people as in the people who originally voted for Obama? Yes.

Taco John
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Yes but these folks have already proven irrelevant with the recent election. They didn't step up at the ballot box in Mass.

Chief Henry
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe they could be called the "Pussy teabaggers" instead of the Mad as Hell Party.

SNR
01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Actually yes and that is because there is alot of liberals\progressive that are mad at Obama because he isn't left enoughI saw all the conservatives mad at Bush because he wasn't right enough. They were irrelevant.

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM

So you are ok with Republicans exploiting and hijacking the tea party movement because unless you haven't been paying attention they have.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Once again, the Leftist powers that be have seen the folly of of derisively dismissing taxpayers as "teabaggers", and are now trying to convince dem incumbents that "not to worry, keep voting for Obamacare, you won't be voted out in November".

Nobody's buying it. Except moonbats, of course.

Radar Chief
01-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Look who wrote that. He was out of touch when he was the bearded midget in Clintos whitehouse.

No wonder we’re reliving Clinton era rhetoric.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_white_male

Saul Good
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
You all are delusional if you think there is no anti-DC, mad as hell, sick of all the bullshit force on the Left. Once again, those -are- the forces that put Obama into office. You can laugh at his comment all you want, but that is the force. Does that mean that they're the same people as the tea baggers or the same people who voted for Brown? No. Is there some of the same energy (mad as hell) in those people as in the people who originally voted for Obama? Yes.Here's hoping that he moves to placate the 5% who are to his left instead of the 30% who are in the middle.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Here's hoping that he moves to placate the 5% who are to his left instead of the 30% who are in the middle.

It's what happens when you spend your entire life inside of a Marxist bubble; everthing Obamao does is to consolidate the moonbats who are already in the tank for him. He's insane.

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I saw all the conservatives mad at Bush because he wasn't right enough. They were irrelevant.

I don't know about irrelevant, Rush still has alot of influence

dirk digler
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Here is an interesting story on the hijacking of the tea party movement by Republicans. I am sure shtsprayer is outraged.

Would a true Tea Party patriot drop nearly $1,600 in donor money for a small meal at a fancy steakhouse? Robin Stublen says no, and he's mad as hell about the profligate expenditures of a GOP political organization that has glommed on to his grassroots movement. Stublen is the organizer of the Punta Gorda, Florida, Tea Party and a member of Tea Party Patriots, a national grassroots organization that has no offices, no president, raises virtually no money, operates largely on volunteer efforts, and, most important, doesn't endorse candidates. But unbeknownst to many, there's another outfit claiming ownership of this conservative movement. It's called the Tea Party Express, and it has dominated Fox News coverage over the past year with its multistate bus tours and political rallies.

Behind it is a well-established Republican political action committee that has raked in tons of money fundraising under the "Tea Party" banner—and it has also spent a lot of that money in a fashion unbecoming a supposedly grassroots insurrection. For instance, according to recent filings with the Federal Election Commission, the PAC that created Tea Party Express dropped $1,597.29 over the summer for a meal for six at a tony Sacramento Chops restaurant, an expenditure that has Stublen seeing red.

Six people averaged $266; that's not grassroots. I kill bugs and cut grass for a living. I'm splurging when I spend $19 at Chili's. Outback Steakhouse is reserved for Mother's Day," Stublen says.

For Stublen the pricey Chops tab is only the latest evidence that Tea Party Express is trying to capitalize on the movement for crass and self-serving political purposes—mainly as a fundraising machine for Republican causes. Starting in August, Tea Party Express organized two cross-country bus tours that bashed the Obama administration's health reform and attacked members of Congress not deemed conservative enough. Fox News heavily promoted the first tour, even embedding a reporter to cover the trip.

The organization is planning a third tour for the end of March that will culminate in Washington, DC, on Tax Day, its purpose to target vulnerable Democrats and moderate Republicans in the lead-up to the midterm elections. These trips, which include rallies in cities and towns across the country and speeches by political candidates, have proven reliable fundraising vehicles. FEC filings show that Our Country Deserves Better (OCDB), the PAC that set up the Tea Party Express, raised $1.9 million this year, $600,000 more than it took in during the heated 2008 presidential election.

While Tea Party Express professes to be a driving force in the Tea Party movement, it was actually started by a California-based GOP political consulting firm, Russo Marsh & Rogers, which also set up OCDB. OCDB originally focused on attacking Barack Obama during the 2008 election, running ads assaulting the then-candidate for failing to put his hand over his heart during the <strike>pledge of allegiance</strike> national anthem, and digging up footage of one of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's heated sermons. Many of OCDB's principals are also connected to Move America Forward, a conservative group that ran PR campaigns and bus tours in support of the Iraq War during the Bush administration. During this election cycle, OCDB has spent $123,000 on an independent expenditure campaign bashing Senate majority leader Harry Reid, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Tea Party Patriots and Tea Party Express have been clashing for months over which group truly represents the movement. A flashpoint came this fall when a member of the Tea Party Patriots' board, Amy Kremer, switched sides and joined Tea Party Express, allegedly taking the Patriots' extensive email database with her and locking the rest of the board out of the TPP website. In November, this led the Patriots to go to court to get an injunction against her to reclaim ownership of the group's electronic resources. The fight hasn't helped the Patriots' view of their tea party rivals. In fact, "real" Tea Party activists—i.e., local organizers like Stublen who consider themselves the grassroots heart of the movement—see Tea Party Express as bad for business, as it lends credence to criticism that the movement is nothing more than a sophisticated astroturf scheme or GOP front.

As a result, Stublen has been trying to publicize the group's GOP ties and discourage Tea Party activists from donating to Tea Party Express. He's outraged that of the nearly $2 million the group has raised this year, almost half ($857,000) has gone to consulting firm Russo Marsh or people connected to it. He suspects that most donors to Tea Party Express support the movement but have no idea their money is actually going to the very type of mainstream political operation the Tea Partiers oppose. Pointing to the hundreds of thousands of dollars that OCDB has dropped on Tea Party Express advertising, Stublen notes, "None of this is grassroots tea party stuff. But they're trying to portray themselves as grassroots."

Indeed, FEC filings show that OCDB spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising for the bus tour, including $225,706 for ads that ran on the Fox Business Network. (The foundering Washington Times is no doubt looking forward to another Tea Party Express tour, as the PAC spent thousands on advertising with the paper during the previous two tours.) There was even $2,000 in speaking fees for Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher, and a generous $5,000 contribution to the Freedom Works Foundation in July, when the organization, chaired by one-time Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey, was organizing many of the health care town hall protests. And those buses weren't cheap. OCDB dropped nearly $50,000 just to adorn them with the Tea Party Express logo.

Earlier this week an incensed Stublen itemized the PAC expenditures and posted them on a Tea Party listserv to make the case that Tea Party Express is just part of the Washington political establishment. Not long after, he says, he got an email from Joseph Wierzbicki III, one of the principals at Russo March, complaining that Stublen was showing liberal stripes with his "anti-corporate" rants. Stublen says he told him he's not anti-corporate. "I'm anti-deception," he says. Stublen told Wierzbicki he thought Russo Marsh was using the Tea Party name to dupe people into giving money to a bunch of GOP consultants.

"People think this money is going to the Tea Party movement," Stublen complains. He says he asked Wierzbicki to put a disclaimer on all of Tea Party Express' fundraising materials and emails saying that they are not affiliated with any other tea party groups, but Wierzbicki refused. All this has made Stublen one of Tea Party Express' loudest critics. "I don't like what I think they stand for," he says. "These are my opinions, but the bottom line, personally, I think they want to take over the movement, make it their own, and take over the fundraising potential to get their candidates elected." And in his view, there's nothing grassroots about that.

SNR
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't know about irrelevant, Rush still has alot of influenceThey put forward John McCain, who was basically Bush with an honorable military record and no Texas drawl. The "Mad as hell" Republicans sure didn't show up in the 2008 primaries.

Amnorix
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Yes but these folks have already proven irrelevant with the recent election. They didn't step up at the ballot box in Mass.

Yeah, this is where you're wrong. Plenty of Obama voters were Brown voters.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Maybe they could be called the "Pussy teabaggers" instead of the Mad as Hell Party.

I belong to the Mad Hatter movement!!! :D

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I belong to the Mad Hatter movement!!! :D

ROFL

BucEyedPea
01-25-2010, 02:34 PM
http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/1/3/Disney-Alice-and-The-Mad-Hatter---Celebration-in-Wonderland-135490.jpg

I go to Tea Parties too!

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 02:50 PM
http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/1/3/Disney-Alice-and-The-Mad-Hatter---Celebration-in-Wonderland-135490.jpg

I got to Tea Parties too!

It's all starting to make sense!

Taco John
01-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Even better.

mlyonsd
01-25-2010, 05:13 PM

You really shouldn't have a part in the discussion since you didn't even bother to vote. Leave the politics of what it means to the rest of us who really care about it and live outside the state.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
http://coldfury.com/wp/wp-content/themes/CF-09/images/flymypretties.jpg

The Mad Crapper
01-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Liberals tune out Mass. message
So can they hear us now?
By Michael Graham
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - Added 14h ago

mail after Scott Brown’s stunning Senate victory: “Can You Hear Us NOW?”

Answer from Team Obama: “We Know - You Love Us!”

There’s a point where blind arrogance becomes comic, and we passed the punch line long ago. Check out this headline from the Boston Globe-Democrat:

“The Message: Loud But Not So Clear.”

Not clear to whom? Bad policies and even worse politics drove this blue state to replace Ted Kennedy with a fiscally-conservative Republican. It wasn’t exactly a subtle message.

And yet it’s still lost on folks like Globie Renee Loth, still defending the liberal status quo. Loth blamed Democrat Martha Coakley’s once-unthinkable defeat on the poor quality of our voters.

“Brown didn’t run a hate campaign,” Loth conceded, “but he did become the locus for a broad variety of resentments, from people angry over the state’s sales tax increase to changes in their health care to gay rights.”

“Gay rights?” You see any Brown ads about gay rights? Doesn’t matter. Liberals can read between the lines:

“Brown’s campaign unmistakably appealed to men, even beyond the obvious contrast with Coakley. The truck, the barn jacket, the sports figures giving endorsements all signaled that Brown’s campaign was a comfortable home for disaffected men. Even his victory party had the look and feel of a beer-fueled tailgate party,” Loth wrote.

My colleague Margery Eagan made the same point on CNN, claiming Brown’s win was a victory for the “Gillette Stadium” crowd.

Who knew that the key electorate here was beer-swilling, truck-loving, testosterone-addled, homophobic white men? This from a state that elected Deval Patrick governor and, just a year ago, gave Barack Obama a 26-point win!

Wow - what are they putting in that beer, anyway?

This “logic” may be laughable, but it makes perfect sense to the liberal elites.

“Mobs Rule” was the headline for New York Times [NYT] columnist Charles Blow. “Welcome to the mob: an angry, wounded electorate, riled by recession, careening across the political spectrum, still craving change, nursing a bloodlust.”

These ignorant voters who are “too easily manipulated” acted in irrational anger, Blow insists. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Team Obama’s first year in office has been a stumbling, inept and expensive mess.

Then on Sunday, White House flak Robert Gibbs joined the spin cycle. On Fox News, Gibbs insisted Brown’s victory showed Massachusetts voters’ support for Obama policies.

When confronted with the fact that Brown ran against Obamacare, denounced the president’s policy on captured terrorists and opposes Obama’s planned tax increases, Gibbs replied: “That may be what he campaigned on but that’s not why the voters of Massachusetts sent him to Washington.”

You elected the 41st “no” vote, but you were saying “yes” to Obamacare. You replaced Ted Kennedy with a Republican, but you really wanted more liberalism.

Boy, Massachusetts really must have the dumbest voters ever. We can’t seem to do anything right - not even send a message to Washington. But I think we voters are getting the message liberal Democrats are sending back to us.

http://bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20100126liberals_tune_out_mass_message_so_can_they_hear_us_now/

wazu
01-26-2010, 06:46 AM
He's trying to point out that being pissed at the government isn't a partisan trait.

Overall, I think it is. Democrats aren't really pissed at government. They're just pissed that there isn't more of it, controlling more of our lives with the brute force of legislation. Spend more. Regulate more. Control more. This is where their minds go when they look at the problems of the world, completely missing the idea that freedom is what made this country what it is.

Norman Einstein
01-26-2010, 06:55 AM
They put forward John McCain, who was basically Bush with an honorable military record and no Texas drawl. The "Mad as hell" Republicans sure didn't show up in the 2008 primaries.

sure they did, they voted for obama

NewChief
01-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Overall, I think it is. Democrats aren't really pissed at government. They're just pissed that there isn't more of it, controlling more of our lives with the brute force of legislation. Spend more. Regulate more. Control more. This is where their minds go when they look at the problems of the world, completely missing the idea that freedom is what made this country what it is.

Disagree. I'm a liberal, and I'm pissed at the government as it exists. I do think that government can serve as a regulatory agency and can do good in our lives. I think, though, that our government has become corrupt. I know that conservatives will say that all governments are corrupt by their very nature and therefore should be limited, but I believe that it's possible to have a government that is accountable to the people. I just think that we've got to find a way to reform the entrenched interests in DC.

oldandslow
01-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Disagree. I'm a liberal, and I'm pissed at the government as it exists. I do think that government can serve as a regulatory agency and can do good in our lives. I think, though, that our government has become corrupt. I know that conservatives will say that all governments are corrupt by their very nature and therefore should be limited, but I believe that it's possible to have a government that is accountable to the people. I just think that we've got to find a way to reform the entrenched interests in DC.

Rep. applause. agreement. etc. etc.

govt can do good things.

finding a politician with enough courage to do so is a different matter entirely.

Earthling
01-26-2010, 09:33 AM

Make that a double rep.

petegz28
01-26-2010, 10:59 AM

The more Leftist Obama becomes the more you will see Repubs getting elected. People want a "Centrist" approach for the most part. Fringe people on both sides aside, most people realize that capitalism is indeed the engine that drives our success as a country. But by the same token they realize that a civilized country as large as our is going to have to have some social programs. That is the nature of the beast.

KC native
01-26-2010, 11:01 AM

This

petegz28
01-26-2010, 11:07 AM

The problem is the vote is becoming meaningless. You vote out one guy to only have him replaced by another wolf in sheep's clothing. I know it sounds far-fetched, but we are close to another revolution. And in some cases I believe it has already started. We are just civilized as a People now so the violence in the streets one usually associates with revolution has not and may not and hopefully won't ever start.

Calcountry
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I saw all the conservatives mad at Bush because he wasn't right enough. They were irrelevant.There are more of us than there are of the loonies.

Exhibit A: Foxnews' ratings

Exhibit B: MSNBC's ratings.

Case Closed.

Calcountry
01-26-2010, 12:50 PM
So you are ok with Republicans exploiting and hijacking the tea party movement because unless you haven't been paying attention they have.Please don't misunderstand what the tea movement is all about. It is in direct result of the Democrats being in total power with RADICAL left wingers sitting at the top of the Senate, House, and White House. We poor tax paying folks in the middle had no representation in the Republic, so we took to the streets, the town halls, the petitions, anyone who would listen. That is all we had, and thank God we still had that right in this Democratic Republic we call the USA. Lord knows the RADICAL left wingers like CRAP A LOAD, wanted to shut us up, hence the term "teabagger" was coined.

Calcountry
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Disagree. I'm a liberal, and I'm pissed at the government as it exists. I do think that government can serve as a regulatory agency and can do good in our lives. I think, though, that our government has become corrupt. I know that conservatives will say that all governments are corrupt by their very nature and therefore should be limited, but I believe that it's possible to have a government that is accountable to the people. I just think that we've got to find a way to reform the entrenched interests in DC.I'm fine with that, as long as it is constitutional.

Chocolate Hog
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
This is just as fake as the Tea Party.

NewChief
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM

How so? He's not saying there's actually a Mad as Hell Party. He's saying there's a group of the electorate, from all areas of the political spectrum, who are mad as hell.

Chocolate Hog
01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
How so? He's not saying there's actually a Mad as Hell Party. He's saying there's a group of the electorate, from all areas of the political spectrum, who are mad as hell.

The Tea-Party convention didn't allow the C4L a table at the convention. The C4L is the same group of people who protested big government when Bush was president. They've also paid politicans to speak at events.

NewChief
01-26-2010, 01:24 PM
The Tea-Party convention didn't allow the C4L a table at the convention. The C4L is the same group of people who protested big government when Bush was president. They've also paid politicans to speak at events.

I was more asking how the "mad as hell" thing was fake... or whatever. Anyway, doesn't really matter.

mlyonsd
01-26-2010, 01:24 PM

If you think the Tea Parties were fake you better get on the phone real quick with Obama before he goes on tv tomorrow night and makes an even bigger fool out of himself than he already will.

Chocolate Hog
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Where does the article say that Obama is mad as hell?

You are a quick reader. I wasn't done responding either.

Obama came out after the election pretending to be pissed to keep his followers in line.

The Mad as hell thing is fake, how many third parties will win an election in 2010? I will say 0. Whats different about Scott Brown? Jd Hayworth? And any candidate challenging incumbents?

Chocolate Hog
01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
If you think the Tea Parties were fake you better get on the phone real quick with Obama before he goes on tv tomorrow night and makes an even bigger fool out of himself than he already will.

You're right all those people who were bitching about big government that voted for said big goverment candidate a few months before the rally.

NewChief
01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
You are a quick reader. I wasn't done responding either.

Obama came out after the election pretending to be pissed to keep his followers in line.

The Mad as hell thing is fake, how many third parties will win an election in 2010? I will say 0. Whats different about Scott Brown? Jd Hayworth? And any candidate challenging incumbents?

Yeah, I think the whole article was saying that Obama and Co. are fake in trying to capture the mad as hell voter. So yeah, I guess we agree. I don't think that the fact that people in the electorate are mad as hell is fake, though. That was my point.

Chocolate Hog
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I think the whole article was saying that Obama and Co. are fake in trying to capture the mad as hell voter. So yeah, I guess we agree. I don't think that the fact that people in the electorate are mad as hell is fake, though. That was my point.

People can be as mad as they want. As long as theres a fake 2 party system nothing will change.

Donger
01-26-2010, 01:34 PM
I find it a little disturbing that there are actually people on the left who think Obama isn't quite far left enough.