PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues OBAMA To Dems: "The Big Difference [Between Now] and In '94 Was You've Got Me"

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Rep. Marion Berry's parting shot, published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette [no link, subscription only] offers a warning to moderate Democrats and border state moderates — warning of a midterm bloodbath comparable to the 54-seat D-to-R swing in 1994.

But the jaw-dropper is Berry's claim that President Obama personally dismissed any comparison between Democrats now and under Bill Clinton 16 years ago — by saying his personal popularity would bail everybody out.

The retiring Berry, who doesn't say when the remarks were made, now scoffs at Obama's 50-or-below approval rating:

Writes ADG reporter Jane Fullerton:

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.” [snip]

“I began to preach last January that we had already seen this movie and we didn’t want to see it again because we know how it comes out,” said Arkansas’ 1st District congressman, who worked in the Clinton administration before being elected to the House in 1996... "I just began to have flashbacks to 1993 and ’94. No one that was here in ’94, or at the day after the election felt like. It certainly wasn’t a good feeling.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0110/Berry_Obama_said_big_difference_between_10_and_94_is_me.html

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I hope the Dems appreciate Obama's arrogance in November. This guy is so full of himself it's almost comical. Reminds me of something...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pRf_A07Elyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pRf_A07Elyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mlyonsd
01-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I wonder when the guys in the Reichstag bunker quit thinking it was comical.

RINGLEADER
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Well Scott Brown was the greatest gift the Dems could have received -- they could have changed their policies. But they think their problem is one of "message" and that the voter dissatisfaction has nothing to do with what they're trying to cram down our throats.

Fortunately for the GOP the Dems are so out-of-touch and drunk with power that it will evidently take a much bigger event (the November elections) to get them to change course.

mlyonsd
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Well Scott Brown was the greatest gift the Dems could have received -- they could have changed their policies. But they think their problem is one of "message" and that the voter dissatisfaction has nothing to do with what they're trying to cram down our throats.

Fortunately for the GOP the Dems are so out-of-touch and drunk with power that it will evidently take a much bigger event (the November elections) to get them to change course.

Listening to several libs on the Sunday shows trying to rationalize Brown's victory as a poorly run Coakely campaign and having nothing to do with what the national dem party is doing was somewhat painful to watch, even for me.

Well ok, not really that painful.

The Mad Crapper
01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
The. guy. is. insane.

wild1
01-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Listening to several libs on the Sunday shows trying to rationalize Brown's victory as a poorly run Coakely campaign and having nothing to do with what the national dem party is doing was somewhat painful to watch, even for me.

Well ok, not really that painful.

The rats haven't learned their lesson. They will try to swipe the cheese again and get shocked again.

patteeu
01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
What an amazing ego.

petegz28
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Yea, his popularity has already cost him 2 governorships and a Senate seat.

headsnap
01-25-2010, 08:16 PM
What an amazing ego.

He's no Bill Clinton...