PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Oh, this is going to get good...

KC native
01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Just saw this on my googlenews homepage. Notice that it's the same guy from the ACORN snafu.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/26/senate.office.break.in/
4 men charged with U.S. Senate office infiltration in New Orleans
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Two posed as phone repairmen at federal building, news release from U.S. attorney says
* They asked for, and were granted, access to reception desk's phone system, it says
* Another suspect recorded their actions with a cell phone, release says
* Fourth man aided the others in planning the operation, it says

RELATED TOPICS

* Mary Landrieu
* New Orleans
* Crime

(CNN) -- Four men were charged Tuesday after attempting to illegally access and manipulate the phone system in a district office of U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-Louisiana, a local U.S. attorney's office said.

Joseph Basel, 24, Robert Flanagan, 24, James O'Keefe, 25, and Stan Dai, 24, were charged with entering Landrieu's New Orleans office, which is federal property, under "false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony," according to the attorney's office.

Law enforcement officials say they believe the James O'Keefe involved in the incident is the same James O'Keefe involved in ACORN episodes last year.

In August, O'Keefe, a conservative activist, visited ACORN offices seeking advice on setting up a brothel, among other scenarios. They secretly recorded their visits on video and posted them on the Web, leading to a media firestorm.

Basel and O'Keefe attempted to gain access to Landrieu's office Monday while posing as telephone repairmen, the attorney's office said in a news release.

Flanagan and Basel were "each dressed in blue denim pants, a blue work shirt, a light green fluorescent vest, a tool belt and a construction-style hard hat when they entered the Hale Boggs Federal Building," the release said.

After they entered the building, the two men told a staffer in Landrieu's office they were telephone repairmen, according to the release. They then asked for, and were granted, access to the reception desk's phone system.

O'Keefe, meanwhile, recorded their actions with a cell phone.

Read the affidavit (PDF)

Flanagan and Basel later requested access to a telephone closet, claiming they needed to perform work on the main phone system, the release said. Dai aided the others in planning the operation, the release said.

If convicted, the four men would each face a fine of $250,000 and up to 10 years in prison, according to the release.

"Because the details of yesterday's incident are part of an ongoing investigation by federal authorities, our office cannot comment at this time," Landrieu spokesman Aaron Saunders told CNN.

CNN Justice Producer Terry Frieden contributed to this report.

dirk digler
01-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow. See you in 10 years douchebag. Just don't forget your soap on a rope.

petegz28
01-26-2010, 04:27 PM
What a dumbass!

dirk digler
01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
It's all Acorn's fault /Chief henry

talastan
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
While I think the effort he put forth with the Acorn thing was great, if this is true then he is and idiot.

VAChief
01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Was Forrest Gump around?

fan4ever
01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I guess this means he totally set up ACORN to say and do all those things.

He definitely may be a dumbass but he still did the country a favor before he crashed and burned.

Chief Henry
01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
It's all Acorn's fault /Chief henry

Should I leave a personal hate rep in your negative rep column, like you would do ?

Chief Henry
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
While I think the effort he put forth with the Acorn thing was great, if this is true then he is and idiot.

this in more ways than one

The Mad Crapper
01-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Karl Rove to be indicted within two weeks.

vailpass
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
BFD. I still like him better than that fat phuck Michael Moore.

mikey23545
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
:shrug:

This doesn't invalidate anything regarding the ACORN scandal...So he was an idiot this time and has to face the repercussions...

Donger
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Huh. I wonder if they were trying to get anything specific.

Calcountry
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
BFD. I still like him better than that fat phuck Michael Moore.You can have him. Give me Hannah Giles.

dirk digler
01-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Should I leave a personal hate rep in your negative rep column, like you would do ?

Do you need some maxi pads for all that bleeding?

Saul Good
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I would like to see more of this. Even if they go to jail, they are doing the country a service. If our politicians start operating as if everything they say and do is being recorded, that can only be a good thing.

Der Flöprer
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I guess this means he totally set up ACORN to say and do all those things.

He definitely may be a dumbass but he still did the country a favor before he crashed and burned.

An ends to a means comrade.

Bearcat2005
01-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Was Forrest Gump around?

LMAO

Chief Henry
01-26-2010, 07:16 PM

Nice gutter talk -is that all you have ?

morphius
01-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Doh!

Dallas Chief
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
What a complete dumbass famewhore!
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not ready to condemn these guys yet.

BigRedChief
01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I would like to see more of this. Even if they go to jail, they are doing the country a service. If our politicians start operating as if everything they say and do is being recorded, that can only be a good thing.http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-Missed_it.jpg

blaise
01-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Maybe he can end up sharing a cell with someone from ACORN.

BigRedChief
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm not ready to condemn these guys yet.But, you think Palin is Presidential material :Poke:

Saul Good
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-Missed_it.jpg

How do you see it as a bad thing if our politicians are worried that they are being watched at all times? Personally, I think that would be fantastic. Maybe then we'd see them doing what's in the best interests of the public and not of their parties. It's tough to stuff bricks of cash in your freezer when you know the cameras are rolling.

blaise
01-26-2010, 07:43 PM
At least he exposed ACORN before he flamed out. FOX News should pay for his lawyer with all the material he gave them. They must have got 40 hours of programming off his stuff.

KCWolfman
01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
But, you think Palin is Presidential material :Poke:

And you think Obama is.

patteeu
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
But, you think Palin is Presidential material :Poke:

Huh?

Cannibal
01-26-2010, 08:09 PM

No, he needs a douche to clean out the sand.

KC native
01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm not ready to condemn these guys yet.

Believe it or not, neither am I. I'm very interested to see where it goes. I wonder wtf he was thinking. Also, the acting DA for LA's son is involved. Like I said this is going to get good.

dirk digler
01-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I would like to see more of this. Even if they go to jail, they are doing the country a service. If our politicians start operating as if everything they say and do is being recorded, that can only be a good thing.

Why don't they just murder them too. JFC

dirk digler
01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Nice gutter talk -is that all you have ?

You are complaining about gutter talk on Chiefsplanet? Are you serious?

LMAO You need to stop fucking your goats and come back to reality.

BigRedChief
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not ready to condemn these guys yet.I don't care about these guys. They have a political agrnda but they are still, barely functioning a step above the level of a morning radio shock jock antics. Bottom feeder stuff.

BigRedChief
01-26-2010, 11:12 PM
And you think Obama is.Touche.
http://phillygeeks.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/richardtipshat_small.jpg

fan4ever
01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
An ends to a means comrade.

Doesn't apply.

patteeu
01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like refusing to jump to conclusions was the right thing to do in this case.

The latest word is that O'Keefe and crew weren't there to tap any phones as was erroneously reported by the liberal attack dog media (the same media that failed to take notice of the O'Keefe expose on ACORN). Instead, he was there to expose the fact that the phones were in good working order despite the fact that the Landrieu camp had claimed phone problems were preventing them from taking calls in the aftermath of the brazen "Louisiana Purchase" deal that bought her vote for ObamaCare.

Andrew Breitbart is in the process of holding media members' feet to the fire over this and getting several retractions. David Schuster was admonished by MSNBC for tweeting a gleeful and prejudicial comment claiming that O'Keefe had tried to tap the Senator's phone lines and that he was headed for jail. Breitbart got him to retract the statement (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/28/comedy-gold-breitbart-and-shuster-yell-at-each-other-over-james-okeefe/) while being interviewed by Schuster today. He also claims that Schuster lied to him to get him to come on his program.

Guru
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
You can have him. Give me Hannah Giles.Knew that was coming.

vailpass
01-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like refusing to jump to conclusions was the right thing to do in this case.

The latest word is that O'Keefe and crew weren't there to tap any phones as was erroneously reported by the liberal attack dog media (the same media that failed to take notice of the O'Keefe expose on ACORN). Instead, he was there to expose the fact that the phones were in good working order despite the fact that the Landrieu camp had claimed phone problems were preventing them from taking calls in the aftermath of the brazen "Louisiana Purchase" deal that bought her vote for ObamaCare.

Andrew Breitbart is in the process of holding media members' feet to the fire over this and getting several retractions. David Schuster was admonished by MSNBC for tweeting a gleeful and prejudicial comment claiming that O'Keefe had tried to tap the Senator's phone lines and that he was headed for jail. Breitbart got him to retract the statement (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/01/28/comedy-gold-breitbart-and-shuster-yell-at-each-other-over-james-okeefe/) while being interviewed by Schuster today. He also claims that Schuster lied to him to get him to come on his program.

Oh this is going to get good. Wonder if the OP is going to retract his lame and erroneous post?

KC native
01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh this is going to get good. Wonder if the OP is going to retract his lame and erroneous post?

What do I have to retract?

The Mad Crapper
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
What do I have to retract?

You jackass.

Dallas Chief
01-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Patty, I have to say that even with what is now coming to light regarding this case, Mr. O'Keefe should have left well enough alone in the undercover expose business. This stunt was so uncalled for and really not needed. Like we don't already know that most, if not all, politicians are full of $hit! Especially ones from Louisiana. (Except for the good Governor Jindal, of course. :D)

That's just my opinion on it. I could be way off base as usual though...

RaiderH8r
01-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Schuster on Ft. Hood shooter Hassan (http://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/5462148653): Amen. RT @jaketapper: No word on motive yet and at a time like this ppl should listen to their better angels.

Schuster on O'Keefe (http://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/8265042783): @JamesOKeefeIII a) you are not a journalist b) the truth is you intended to tap her phones c) it's a felony d) you will go to prison.