PDA

View Full Version : Economics That was funny last night, when the Jackass said...

The Mad Crapper
01-28-2010, 08:03 AM
That was funny as Hell when B.O. talked about his spending freeze proposal and the room went silent, made even more apparent by the pregnant pause his TOTUS probably told him to let people applaud, then he goes, oh by the way "the freeze won’t take place until next year".

Then everybody started laughing! ROFL

Then Jackass got all petulant, “That’s how budgeting works.”

More laughter.

ROFL

What a jackass!

patteeu
01-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes, the guy is a laughingstock. One of our morning radio guys here in KC described his reaction to the laughter as what you'd expect from a high schooler. So true.

The Mad Crapper
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Yes, the guy is a laughingstock. One of our morning radio guys here in KC described his reaction to the laughter as what you'd expect from a high schooler. So true.

One of the most egregious lies was when he said "We will continue to go through the budget line by line to eliminate programs that we can't afford and don't work. We've already identified $20 billion in savings for next year."

He said the same BS during his campaign. What happened to "five days on the internet"? " Televised on C-Span"?

I can't believe a guy could be so dishonest, or the fact that people are stupid enough to believe him (again).

O-Bots suffer from something very similar to Battered Wife Syndrome.

Norman Einstein
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
With the executive order to freeze the budget for the next three years he just admitted that he knows the republicans are most likely going to control the house and senate and he doesn't want them to spend the money like he did. Bad news Barrack, the current budget is totally over inflated and the fact that you are bringing home (if not re-deployed to Afghanistan) all of the combatants from Iraq which will save billions of dollars over those three years.

I also was impressed with the comment about all of the bail out money (with few exceptions) has been paid back so we are going to take $200 B and give it to banks so they can make the needed loans to those that need them.

Intelligent people are not in the market to buy homes that they can't pay outright for, the economy, they tell us, is great and getting better. My outlook says it's going to tank again and worse than it did in 2008. This time he won't be able to blame it on Bush.

Halfcan
01-28-2010, 02:16 PM
That was funny as Hell when B.O. talked about his spending freeze proposal and the room went silent, made even more apparent by the pregnant pause his TOTUS probably told him to let people applaud, then he goes, oh by the way "the freeze won’t take place until next year".

Then everybody started laughing! ROFL

Then Jackass got all petulant, “That’s how budgeting works.”

More laughter.

ROFL

What a jackass!

why is he a jackass-the Gov SHOULD get its shit together and stop theft of tax dollars.

The Mad Crapper
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
why is he a jackass-the Gov SHOULD get its shit together and stop theft of tax dollars.

Uh... because he is the government?

Halfcan
01-28-2010, 02:29 PM
BO has turned everything upside down-If Bush was still in there-there would be no light at the end of the tunnel. I have hated some of the choices too-but we are starting to see some positive changes.

FishingRod
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
BO has turned everything upside down-If Bush was still in there-there would be no light at the end of the tunnel. I have hated some of the choices too-but we are starting to see some positive changes.

What do you see as the difference between Bush and Obama?

CaliforniaChief
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Like what? Transparency? More jobs being created? A serious plan to reduce our debt? Terrorism prevention?

All I see are speeches, failed attempts to get the Olympics to Chicago, chasing after a myth (global warming er...climate change), and teleprompters.