PDA

View Full Version : Music Cochella Music Festival 2010

Jawshco
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.coachella.com/

Is anyone here interested in this years Cochella Festival? I'm very tempted to go because it's the first time Faith More has played in the US since their reunion, but I talked about in another thread.

Besides FNM, it's an intresting line-up. At first glance, I'm tempted to
call it lack luster, but it could be pretty awesome. The Muse, Coheed and Cambria, Devo, Old Crow Medicine Show, Les Claypool (sans Primus) and Echo and the Bunnymen all caught my eye. There are a lot band there for the $300 or so that it would cost. I'm totally sold on it yet, but I'm cosidering on going. If I find that this will be FNM's only show, then I'll definitely be there, but something tells me that this probably won't be the last time they play the US, but who knows...

Have any of you gone before? If so, is it really worth it?

MoreLemonPledge
01-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I think the lineup looks slick. It's a good value, but it's still pretty damn expensive for the entire experience.

AZORChiefFan
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
My friend and I are trying to go. I went a few years ago 03 and 04 I think. It was only a 2 day thing then. It's really fun. It's in a big polo field. When I went there were 1 big stage 1 small stage and then 3 'tents' of various size. It's a couple weeks earlier than when I went but I'd venture to say it'll be hot. I found the less I took the better I wore white t-shirts, shorts and some comfortable shoes. Might also get a workout or small hand towel when you get there wet it and wrap around your neck - world of difference. One thing that sucks is there will be 2 bands playing at the same time and you have to decide which one to miss/see. I got to see Radiohead The White Stripes, Le Tigre, Interpol, The Blue Man Group, Belle and Sebastian, Stereo Total, Kinky, just to name a few. It's a lot of fun and worth the $$$ especially this year.

Ebolapox
01-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I almost went a few years ago when RATM was touring for the one summer they've done since 'being back together.' decided to go to voodoo in n'awleans instead. it was a great decision.

Fezzic
01-28-2010, 10:37 PM
portugal the man is definitely worth the watch....They played 2 sets at Bonnaroo last year, with one in a tent thursday night and then on the acoustic stage friday morning.

I enjoy Yeasayer a lot too (much better live than studio)

Useful Idiot
01-29-2010, 01:54 AM
I couldn't possibly begin to imagine the type of utterly annoying crowd that event will draw. and for $300 just to get a wristband?

uhh, no thanks.

SXSW is less than 2 months and 120 miles away, with an extremely more conjugative lineup.

Inspector
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Ever hear of the "Lillith Fair" or something like that? My kid is playing there this year. They did SXSW last year or maybe it was the year before. Or maybe both - I can't keep up with all of their concerts anymore. They just got back from the Sundance Film festival yesterday and then head out next week for the Jack's Mannequin tour. They are sure busy busy busy.

By the way, Vedera "Stages" is hitting the stores on February 2nd. Don't forget to get your copy!!!!

PunkinDrublic
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I couldn't possibly begin to imagine the type of utterly annoying crowd that event will draw. and for $300 just to get a wristband?

uhh, no thanks.

SXSW is less than 2 months and 120 miles away, with an extremely more conjugative lineup.

This will be my third year in a row going to SXSW. You can have a blast without any wristbands
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Acts I would see:

Muse, Faith no More, Tiesto, Coheed and Cambria, Les Claypool, Porcupine Tree, Portugal the Man, Gorillaz, Sunny Day Real Estate, MuteMath, Deehunter.

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 01:21 AM
LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Vampire Weekend, Grizzly Bear, Passion Pit, Echo and the Bunnymen, She & Him, The Avett Brothers, The Cribs, Wale, As Tall As Lions, Muse, MGMT, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Dirty Projectors, The XX, The Raveonettes, Tokyo Police Club, White Rabbits, Band of Skulls, Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke??? (His "new band" in case you didn't know), Spoon, Julian Casablancas, Matt & Kim, The Big Pink, Florence and the Machine...

Looks exactly like my mp3 player does right now.

Oh, and DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba? Could it get any better?