PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Is anyone...

Mecca
01-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Still playing Madden? If so we're probably all deep in our franchises be interesting to post your teams...

Fritz88
01-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Tyler Thigpen.

MoreLemonPledge
01-31-2010, 01:22 AM
I should make an all-convicts team like I did last year. There should be some good additions from this past year.

Mecca
01-31-2010, 01:55 AM
I should make an all-convicts team like I did last year. There should be some good additions from this past year.

I had Chris Henry on my team for awhile, I was like oh look a dead guy on my roster.

Bane
01-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Nah I gave up after Madden 08.Been playing NCAA whatever comes out next since.

-King-
01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Stopped playing Franchise at 08. Now all I do is online...even though I'm still under .500. But I've seen to hit my stride playing with the Texans.

Mecca
02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
No one does franchise, you guys are no fun, I've rebuilt the Chiefs into a great team!

Mecca
02-19-2010, 04:02 AM
I have to post this since everyone will think it's funny...

I'm in year 5 and I turned into Scott Pioli, I just signed Jerod Mayo and Ron Brace...on top of Kenny Phillips so there went about 130 million dollars.

Being 65 mill under the cap going into FA signings has it's perks.

dpg4zombie
02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Has anyone figured out how they havent fixed the good ole" Trade your first rounder at the end of the year to the worst team and get there 1st 2nd and 3rd in return? Then you can trade your 2nd 3rd and 4th for the 2nd worst teams first rounder.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 01:57 PM
You don't wanna do that, on this years top 3 picks cost like 70+ million dollars, if you're team is good you're better off picking late where guys are cheap, on this one you actually pay for the draft slot not how good the guy is when he comes in.

Dicky McElephant
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think I've played Madden since I bought it. I'm in two different NCAA 2010 dynastys right now.

Mecca.....did you keep the 3-4 or did you switch back to the 4-3?

Short Leash Hootie
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
dude it's too fucking easy to turn the Chiefs into a super team...

I literally did it in two years.

franchise mode is very glitchy as always

however the game play this year has been the best since xbox regular in 2008...i've actually enjoyed the game which is a positive

Short Leash Hootie
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
they also made the draft super unrealistic...

you find the better players in the mid-late rounds and you can sign them for 7 years with no bonus and they never beg for extensions

Short Leash Hootie
02-19-2010, 03:17 PM
the thing is just too easy to juke

Mecca
02-19-2010, 07:22 PM
If you use the players from the college game it's harder because there are no "diamonds in the late rounds" the best players get picked the highest so it's harder to find good players late in the draft.

I play a multiple D so I use both 4-3 and 3-4 and I even change around where some of my guys play at times so I carry very versatile personnel.

The only guy I've drafted so far with A potential is Bradford, since then I've been picking 20 or later every year so I usually only get B potentials.

The advantage to being the Chiefs is you have a shit ton of cap room to play with so you can shape the team however you want from day 1, the disadvantage is it took me 4 years to get a high enough team rating to actually be able to bid with computer teams for high level FA's.

OnTheWarpath58
02-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I pretty much treat franchise mode like Head Coach.

I do all the front office stuff, then sim the games.

I'm like 8 seasons in, with back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl wins, and a loss in the AFC Championship this past season.

It's too easy. Every year I trade my highest rated players with one year remaining on their deals for either draft picks, or for young players in the high 70's or low 80's.

I don't think I've ever had someone on my team over 30 years old, and I've never had a player retire.

Pretty boring.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Here I'll give you guys my roster and you can debate it all you like...

QB's
Sam Bradford 93 overall A potential taken 8th overall after my first season

Ryan Mallett 67 overall B potential 4th round pick

Logan Gray 59 overall 7th round pick, has 83 speed is essentially a wildcat/sneak run QB I like to have on my roster

HB's
Stafon Johnson 90 overall A potential, he fell into the end of the 1st round and I traded back up for him.

Jamaal Charles, enough said there

Joe McKnight, 70 overall 5th round pick, C potential, basically my kick returner plays RB occasionally

FB's
Quinn Johnson, 78 overall, signed as a FA B potential
Antwaan Cobb 76 overall signed as a FA very cheaply I might add, B potential

WR's
Dwayne Bowe, he's a 94 now which led to me giving him a 54 million dollar contract...

Julio Jones drafted highly in the 2nd round B potential 85 overall

Demaryius Thomas, 3rd rounder B potential, not overly fast but very large, generally only plays sparingly

AJ Green, 4th round pick, didn't import very well B potential rated like a 67 but only has about 84 speed, just a backup.

I just drafted Duron Carter and Frankie Hammond essentially looking for a slot guy and another legit threat outside but have no idea on their ratings yet.

TE's
Anthony McCoy, 3rd round B potential 84 overall

Jared Cook signed as a FA, 79 overall, A potential

Cornelius Ingram signed as a FA 67 overall B potential

OT's

Branden Albert he's a 93 now and required me to give him a 65 million dollar contract
Joe Barksdale 2nd rounder, B potential 82 overall

Backups
Charles Brown 69 overall C potential, signed as a cheap backup

Tyron Smith 6th round pick no bonus may be replaced

OG's
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, signed as a FA, moved from RT go guard after Barksdale was drafted, rating actually jumped from a 79 to 84 the main reason he was moved.

Trent Williams, 4th round pick, 76 overall B potential, sat on the bench for 2 years before playing.

Backups
Chris Hall, cheap backup signing of a young player who's a 70

Will Blackwell, 68 overall, 5th round pick

Centers

Mike Pouncey moved from guard to center 77 overall, B potential, 4th round pick

Jeff Byers 5th rounder, 70 overall decent backup.

If you can't tell I spend essentially no money on my backup linemen.

Defense

Defensive line
Sergio Kindle, 2nd round pick, B potential 81 overall
Quintin Groves, 86 overall, FA signing
Everson Griffin 3rd round pick B potential 75 overall
Rahim Alem 4th round pick, 68 overall
Chris Walker FA signing, B potential 74 overall

Tyson Jackson 92 overall, A potential
Glenn Dorsey, 79 overall, B potential
Ron Brace, FA move, 77 overall B potential
Vaughn Martin B potential 68 overall FA move

LB's
Navorro Bowman, 2nd rounder
Jerod Mayo FA signing
Rolando McClain 2nd rounder
Tavares Gooden FA signing
Gerald Williams 5th round pick, I think that's his name he never plays so who knows
Jaison Williams, FA signing
Vince Williams 6th round pick

The way I play is guys like Kindle/Groves and Walker see some time at LB in 3-4 sets like Jackson sees time inside and out and so does Dorsey, although this is most likely Dorsey's last year on my roster.

CB's
Brandon Flowers, 90 overall, has a gigantic nearly 70 million dollar contract
Brandon Carr 84 overall
Orlando Scandrick 84 overall FA signing
Brandon Harris-70 overall 4th rounder
And I just drafted a dude from Ohio State something Brown I don't know his rating yet.

Safeties
Kenny Phillips 90 overall FA signing
Morgan Burnett 80 overall 3rd round pick
Harry Coleman 80 overall this is probably my best late pick, 5th rounder.
Eric Berry, only a 70 overall with C potential, a 6th round pick, he did not transfer to madden very well, probably his size.

Kicker and punter are still the same Succop is an 80 with a 97 leg power so he's worth keeping for a long time.

If anyone is wondering why I have so many 2nd rounders and barely any 1st rounders, in several drafts the player I targeted as wanting was listed in the 2nd but I wouldn't get them with my 2nd so I traded down and had 2, 2's that year.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I pretty much treat franchise mode like Head Coach.

I do all the front office stuff, then sim the games.

I'm like 8 seasons in, with back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl wins, and a loss in the AFC Championship this past season.

It's too easy. Every year I trade my highest rated players with one year remaining on their deals for either draft picks, or for young players in the high 70's or low 80's.

I don't think I've ever had someone on my team over 30 years old, and I've never had a player retire.

Pretty boring.

See to try to be fair, I don't trade my players, I just cut them or don't resign them when I'm ready to move on, I figure that at least makes it harder.

The only time I ever trade is I tend to move up and down in the draft frequently.

OnTheWarpath58
02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
See to try to be fair, I don't trade my players, I just cut them or don't resign them when I'm ready to move on, I figure that at least makes it harder.

The only time I ever trade is I tend to move up and down in the draft frequently.

That's the route I'm taking next time, I want to see the difference.

I don't have NCAA10 either, so I don't have draft classes to import.

Mecca
02-19-2010, 07:58 PM
That's the route I'm taking next time, I want to see the difference.

I don't have NCAA10 either, so I don't have draft classes to import.

The weird thing I've seen about the imported classes is so far, Bradford is the only QB that has come in being very good. My last 2 drafts no QB's went until the 2nd round.

Suh and Taylor Mays came in as dominant players they've both hit 99 overall already.

The best drafted WR so far? Arellious Benn and of course he's on the Raiders and the guy is uncoverable. What's become of the Raiders on my game is hilarious, they are a full 3 boxes at everything but QB...it holds them back hugely.

-King-
02-20-2010, 12:45 AM
I stopped doing franchise mode and all that a couple years ago like I said in my last post. It's just to easy. Even on All Madden/Custom with all the sliders maxed. No matter what, it's just to easy. I'd rather play on XBL where people are actually good and present a challenge. You think you're the shit winning on All Madden until you play on XBL the first few times. Thats why I'm still in a whole right now. Those first few games were blowouts because I wasn't expecting that level of talent.

Mecca you have a 360 or a ps3?

Mecca
02-20-2010, 02:43 AM
360, I don't like playing online unless I know the person, people play like such dipshits online.

When a guy is taking the snap and rolling to the sideline or dropping 30 yards deep it's really annoying.

I like to play with people who play realistically.

-King-
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
360, I don't like playing online unless I know the person, people play like such dipshits online.

When a guy is taking the snap and rolling to the sideline or dropping 30 yards deep it's really annoying.

I like to play with people who play realistically.

I hate the people who sub in scrambling qbs like Vick/T.Jack/T.Smith etc just so they can run. That just irritates me.

BTW, I might fall in your rolling to the sideline category. I don't like sitting in the pocket for some reason. I like rolling out of it and having a clear view ahead of me free of linemen. But I mostly only do that on play actions and plays that need some time to develop.

Mecca
02-23-2010, 04:07 AM
You know what annoys me? How you have to do formation subs on defense in game now, I remember when you could just set them on the team management screen. At least the in game ones are kept for the entire year but it takes me almost 2 quarters to get them all in, I usually do it in the last preseason game.

Since I play a multiple D, different players play in each defensive set I have.

Dicky McElephant
02-23-2010, 10:12 AM
You know what annoys me? How you have to do formation subs on defense in game now, I remember when you could just set them on the team management screen. At least the in game ones are kept for the entire year but it takes me almost 2 quarters to get them all in, I usually do it in the last preseason game.

Since I play a multiple D, different players play in each defensive set I have.

Yeah....that's annoying as shit. They need to bring back the option to do it from the main screen.