PDA

View Full Version : Elections Sarah Palin to Endorse Rand Paul?

Chocolate Hog
01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Rumor is that Sarah Palin will be endorsing Sarah Palin. This will be interesting to see.

Taco John
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
It would serve her well. She'd funnel a lot of support from the grass roots efforts that Ron Paul has stoked. It's an interesting development if true.

WoodDraw
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
That's not fair to joke about. That would really make my year. Those two fan bases deserve nothing but each other.

Chocolate Hog
01-30-2010, 11:30 PM
It would serve her well. She'd funnel a lot of support from the grass roots efforts that Ron Paul has stoked. It's an interesting development if true.

It would be the Liberterian Republicans and Neo-cons coming together.

Chocolate Hog
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2439376/posts

RedNeckRaider
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
That's not fair to joke about. That would really make my year. Those two fan bases deserve nothing but each other.

Like everyone else deserves the total bullshit the two party system has been offering up for years~

wazu
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Last I saw Paul had a sizable lead in the primary polls. Pretty sure the primary would be all but over if Palin endorsed him.

Direckshun
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
TJ couldn't be happier, I'm sure.

Reaper16
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Rumor is that Sarah Palin will be endorsing Sarah Palin. This will be interesting to see.
You might want to fix the OP.

wazu
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
TJ couldn't be happier, I'm sure.

Him and all those other freedom-loving nutjobs.

headsnap
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
You might want to fix the OP.

is it incorrect? :spock:

wazu
01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
is it incorrect? :spock:

Read closely at who it says Sarah Palin is endorsing.

headsnap
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Read closely at who it says Sarah Palin is endorsing.

I know that... :p

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
To be honest I'm not sure what Sarah Palin gains from endorsing Rand Paul. The Pauls aren't really liked by the "tea-partiers"

wazu
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
To be honest I'm not sure what Sarah Palin gains from endorsing Rand Paul. The Pauls aren't really liked by the "tea-partiers"

Palin has voiced in the past that she was a fan of Ron Paul. Maybe she just likes the message.

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Palin has voiced in the past that she was a fan of Ron Paul. Maybe she just likes the message.

Really? I believe you but do you have a link? I've never heard her talk about him before.

wazu
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Really? I believe you but do you have a link? I've never heard her talk about him before.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-republican-vice-presidential-nominee-plugs-romney-paul-but-not-mccain-in-mtv-interview/

In this interview, Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul "cool." "He's a good guy," she added. "He's so independent. He's independent of the party machine. I'm like, 'Right on, so am I.' "

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
haha what a dumbass.

Jenson71
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
In this interview, Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul "cool." "He's a good guy," she added. "He's so independent. He's independent of the party machine. I'm like, 'Right on, so am I.' "

LMAO

BucEyedPea
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM

The "tea-parties" began with Ron Paul, don't forget.

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
The "tea-parties" began with Ron Paul, don't forget.

I haven't forgot that I was apart of it but like the Republican Party the Tea-Party has been hijacked by war loving neo-cons.

Taco John
01-31-2010, 06:58 PM

Where'd you get that idea. That's where the tea parties started.

Taco John
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
I haven't forgot that I was apart of it but like the Republican Party the Tea-Party has been hijacked by war loving neo-cons.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the idea that tea parties have been hijacked. They've been tagged onto, yes. But there is a lot of work being done behind the scenes that neo-con Republicans are going to be suprised by in the next couple of years.

Chocolate Hog
01-31-2010, 07:16 PM
When I brought my giant Ron Paul for president sign that said "Audit The Fed" I got alot of dirty looks. Alot of people said they liked Ron Paul but didn't vote for him, others said they didn't like him because of his stance on the war, one lady said she didn't like him because he favors making drugs legal. If you read Redstate which is the left's DailyKos they dislike him too.

BucEyedPea
01-31-2010, 07:34 PM

I thought so too. But Taco's post is interesting news on this.

donkhater
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
One needs to remember the origins of the Tea-party movement. It stemmed primarily throught the disenchantment of Washington with regards to fiscal policy, i.e. taxes and spending. Hence the reason the first 'tea parties' were held on April 15th.

The fiscal trouble the US is in speaks to both sides of the isle. Primarily, though, it comes from the idea that government is trying to do to much and needs to be checked. They are writing blank checks and are in default.

Since that ideology is primirily right-wing in origins, The Republicans have tried desperately to equate themselves with the movement, but a true tea-party follower is going to be very skeptical of this given the Republicans' history.

The divide you may be seeing now from people who say they identify with the Tea Party movement stems from a failure to agree on how to reduce the spending and exactly what programs to cut. It's a good argument to have in this country and helathy.

However, those of us who are lured to Ron Paul's message understand that really tough choices are going to have to be made that the majority of Americans (Republicans and Democrats alike) aren't going to care for. Like cutting back the entitlement programs and adjusting our foreign policy and love for wars if anything serious is to be done.

Really, anything less than doing MAJOR modifications to these aspects of the budget is just political posturing. Anyone that REALLY agrees with the Tea-Party movement gets this. If you are still infavor of war and some sort of entitlements, then you really don't get the basic reason for the origins of this movement.

patteeu
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
One needs to remember the origins of the Tea-party movement. It stemmed primarily throught the disenchantment of Washington with regards to fiscal policy, i.e. taxes and spending. Hence the reason the first 'tea parties' were held on April 15th.

The fiscal trouble the US is in speaks to both sides of the isle. Primarily, though, it comes from the idea that government is trying to do to much and needs to be checked. They are writing blank checks and are in default.

Since that ideology is primirily right-wing in origins, The Republicans have tried desperately to equate themselves with the movement, but a true tea-party follower is going to be very skeptical of this given the Republicans' history.

The divide you may be seeing now from people who say they identify with the Tea Party movement stems from a failure to agree on how to reduce the spending and exactly what programs to cut. It's a good argument to have in this country and helathy.

However, those of us who are lured to Ron Paul's message understand that really tough choices are going to have to be made that the majority of Americans (Republicans and Democrats alike) aren't going to care for. Like cutting back the entitlement programs and adjusting our foreign policy and love for wars if anything serious is to be done.

Really, anything less than doing MAJOR modifications to these aspects of the budget is just political posturing. Anyone that REALLY agrees with the Tea-Party movement gets this. If you are still infavor of war and some sort of entitlements, then you really don't get the basic reason for the origins of this movement.

Strong-on-defense Republicans love wars in the same way Ron Paul Republicans love putting the nation at risk or starving old people.

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
It's now been confirmed Sarah Palin has endorsed Rand Paul.

EXCLUSIVE: Palin Endorses Rand Paul CONFIRMED

David Adams, Rand Paul's campaign manager has confirmed this morning that SarahPAC has sent them financial support and authorized the release of that information as an endorsement of Rand Paul for the GOP candidate to replace retiring baseball hall of fame pitcher and two term incumbent Jim Bunning.

"This is a huge boost to the Paul campaign and will open the way for more endorsements to follow", said one local GOP insider.

from bluegrass bulletin

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/01/sarah-palin-endorses-rand_n_444497.html

Bearcat2005
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
:hmmm:

This should be interesting..... I wonder if Rand will eventually take the mantle of libertarianism in the Republican Party from his father in the years to come....

Taco John
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
This is very interesting. Rand has basically gotten this far without any help from the GOP establishment.

This is going to cause some strife within the walls of the GOP.

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 12:10 PM
This is very interesting. Rand has basically gotten this far without any help from the GOP establishment.

This is going to cause some strife within the walls of the GOP.

Now if only Sarah will endorse Ron Paul in 2012 maybe he'll win a couple states and people like Patteau will start to slob on his knob. :)

Taco John
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
The internet tubes are filling up!

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
The internet tubes are filling up!

Say what?

patteeu
02-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Now if only Sarah will endorse Ron Paul in 2012 maybe he'll win a couple states and people like Patteau will start to slob on his knob. :)

The GOP will be making a mistake if they nominate a man who is 5 years older than John McCain was in the last election. If Ron Paul's window was ever open, it's closed now. Having said that, if Ron Paul somehow wins the nomination, I'll be supporting him because he'll be far better than Obama part II.

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
The GOP will be making a mistake if they nominate a man who is 5 years older than John McCain was in the last election. If Ron Paul's window was ever open, it's closed now. Having said that, if Ron Paul somehow wins the nomination, I'll be supporting him because he'll be far better than Obama part II.

Ron Paul won't win the nomination but given the grassroots he might actually win a few states next primary.

patteeu
02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Ron Paul won't win the nomination but given the grassroots he might actually win a few states next primary.

That's what I was hearing last time around and he didn't come close.

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
That's what I was hearing last time around and he didn't come close.

He came close to winning a few states. I can tell you working with his campagain it was poorly ran. Had he focused on running in a few states opposed to all he could have picked up a few. The organization was terrible I remember we had his son and Barry Goldwater Jr. out here and tried to get him out here. He got 11% in the Kansas primary and could have done alot better.

donkhater
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Doesn't matter if he wins or not. The current Tea Party movement is largly because of him. He brings a decidedly different perspective to the role of the Federal Government than either the liberals or neocons.

patteeu
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
He came close to winning a few states. I can tell you working with his campagain it was poorly ran. Had he focused on running in a few states opposed to all he could have picked up a few. The organization was terrible I remember we had his son and Barry Goldwater Jr. out here and tried to get him out here. He got 11% in the Kansas primary and could have done alot better.

If he wants me slobbing his knob, he's going to either have to adopt a strong-on-defense foreign policy or he's going to have to be the last man standing after the primaries. As much as I doubt he'd win even a few states, even if he does, it's not enough.

I'll continue to cheer for the Paul-style libertarianism on domestic and social issues, but I just can't accept the pipe dream foreign policy.

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
If he wants me slobbing his knob, he's going to either have to adopt a strong-on-defense foreign policy or he's going to have to be the last man standing after the primaries. As much as I doubt he'd win even a few states, even if he does, it's not enough.

I'll continue to cheer for the Paul-style libertarianism on domestic and social issues, but I just can't accept the pipe dream foreign policy.

Once upon a time politicans who wanted to isolate countries IE: Cuba were considered Isolationist. Republican party where did you go?

BucEyedPea
02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Once upon a time politicans who wanted to isolate countries IE: Cuba were considered Isolationist. Republican party where did you go?

They've gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below...
Yo-ho...yo-ho,ho,ho

Amnorix
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
He came close to winning a few states. [SKIP] He got 11% in the Kansas primary and could have done alot better.

What, exactly, is your definition of close? He was closer to zero than winning...

Chocolate Hog
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
What, exactly, is your definition of close? He was closer to zero than winning...

In the state of Maine Paul only had 18% but it's such a small voter turnout he only lost by 2,000 votes. He raised over 6 million in one day are you saying he couldn't have won if he would have spent alot of money in a state like Maine?

Lou Scannon
03-03-2010, 02:03 PM
"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is." --Sarah Palin
Seriously, I am neither Repub or Dem and really may be Modern Whig but I need some enlightenment on what Sarah's qualifications are for any public office. Did she not quit an elected post? Help me out here. (I also have trouble with people who use, "I'm like", "I go" or "I'm all" in the Valley Girl fashion.):rolleyes:

wazu
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Seriously, I am neither Repub or Dem and really may be Modern Whig but I need some enlightenment on what Sarah's qualifications are for any public office. Did she not quit an elected post? Help me out here. (I also have trouble with people who use, "I'm like", "I go" or "I'm all" in the Valley Girl fashion.):rolleyes:

Dude, that's how hot chicks sound.

wazu
03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
If he wants me slobbing his knob, he's going to either have to adopt a strong-on-defense foreign policy...

I'm sure there are many men who will change their views on foreign policy if you will follow up by providing this service. In fact, I suspect that's how the neo-conservative movement took root in the Republican party.

Lou Scannon
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Dude, that's how hot chicks sound.

In many cases this is true but in Sarah's case....not so much.

HonestChieffan
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=donkhater;6497158] The current Tea Party movement is largly because of him. QUOTE]

Is this in the new Ron Paul handbook?

Taco John
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is." --Sarah Palin

I'm no Sarah Palin fan, but I personally don't have a problem with her resigning her elected post. When she was selected as VP, that became a life changing event, and subsequently her aspirations were set higher. Now she's a national figure with national ambitions. I personally think she did Alaskans a service by resigning her post to put her focus on her newly reset ambitions.

I heard people complaining all the time about how Barack and Hillary didn't put down their Senate seats while they ran for president. I don't have a problem with this either. If their constituents don't think they're being served, they'll vote them out of office.

At the end of the day, it's just employment - whether elected employment or not. Things happen. People make moves. It all comes out in the end.

Taco John
03-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Is this in the new Ron Paul handbook?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QmIHlomF7hs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QmIHlomF7hs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>