PDA

View Full Version : Computers Torrenting PS3 or XBox Games

Dave Lane
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Can you torrent and burn DVDs for PS3 and Xbox? I've done some PC stuff but not sure if they still do weird copy protection or not?

Molitoth
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
You can for xbox, but in order to play them you need to mod your xbox. (you can find this info online). Once your xbox is modded, apparently Microsoft notices the changes to your console and bans your console from xbox live.

Cave Johnson
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Pretty sure you'd need a mod chip for the console.

oaklandhater
02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
You can for xbox, but in order to play them you need to mod your xbox. (you can find this info online). Once your xbox is modded, apparently Microsoft notices the changes to your console and bans your console from xbox live.

Not True if you keep up with the newest firmware and make sure you test every thing with ABGX live is safe.

HC_Chief
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Not True if you keep up with the newest firmware and make sure you test every thing with ABGX live is safe.

The bans are by console SN. Once a console is banned it will not work again with Live.

People who do this get what they deserve. Get a job and buy the games.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Not worth it.

Demonpenz
02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
there are a zillion games for 20 bucks or less out there, that's cheap enough not to mod anything.

demonhero
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Get private trackers....
Get the latest firmware......
Don't play pre-release games.........
Don't act cocky on xboxlive.............

You can get xbox games on newegg for like >$10 now.

Fruit Ninja
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
right before the hollidays MS banned a shitload of consoles. I heard the number was pretty big. I wouldnt ever mod mine. for me an Xbox without live is worthless.

Pants
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
The PS3 just got hacked, finally, so I'm sure it's about to start getting modded, which in turn will result in capability to play pirated games on it.

BryanBusby
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
The PS3 just got hacked, finally, so I'm sure it's about to start getting modded, which in turn will result in capability to play pirated games on it.

Wouldn't count on it, any time soon at least. Blu-ray disks are still pretty expensive and moving games 20+ gigs in size wouldn't be an easy task with the crap internet we have in the US.

Pants
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Wouldn't count on it, any time soon at least. Blu-ray disks are still pretty expensive and moving games 20+ gigs in size wouldn't be an easy task with the crap internet we have in the US.

12+ gig games are being moved just fine on the PC front, I don't think that would be an issue. I can see how BR could be a limiting factor though, so yeah, you're probably right about that.

Basileus777
02-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Blu Ray doesn't matter when you could play it off the HDD. The size isn't an issue, 15 gig PC games are torrented all the time.

But who knows when that will happen, no one's is close to running unsigned code on the PS3 yet. Hacking the hypervisor is just a first step.