PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Treasury says we will hit new debt ceiling in Fed of 09

petegz28
02-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Just reported. The Senate just approved an increase in our debt ceiling by $1.9 tril. The Treasury is stating we will hit that ceiling in Feb of 09. :eek:

talastan
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
You may want to correct the title spelling pete, other than that this isn't surprising at all. The Dems will have to address the budget shortfalls before the midterm elections which IMO will hurt them considerably. You have to either raise tax revenue somehow, or the debt ceiling; either of which will turn off voters. I just hope that there are some legitimate fiscally conservative alternatives instead of typical Neo-Con RINOS. Where did you find this at pete?

patteeu
02-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm surprised it will take that long with democrats in charge of the pursestrings.

patteeu
02-03-2010, 09:45 AM
You may want to correct the title spelling pete, other than that this isn't surprising at all. The Dems will have to address the budget shortfalls before the midterm elections which IMO will hurt them considerably. You have to either raise tax revenue somehow, or the debt ceiling; either of which will turn off voters. I just hope that there are some legitimate fiscally conservative alternatives instead of typical Neo-Con RINOS. Where did you find this at pete?

Are neo-con fiscal conservatives alright or are you strictly in the isolationist conservative camp?

Hydrae
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Just reported. The Senate just approved an increase in our debt ceiling by $1.9 tril. The Treasury is stating we will hit that ceiling in Feb of 09. :eek:

Ok, first off, do you have a link for this information?

Second, we are going to hit the new debt ceiling last year? This is confusing, please explain.

petegz28
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Ok, first off, do you have a link for this information?

Second, we are going to hit the new debt ceiling last year? This is confusing, please explain.

Man, I must have really been out of it. Just ignore the thread.