PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues COURIC FACES PAY CUT; DEEP LAYOFFS HIT CBSNEWS

petegz28
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
COURIC FACES PAY CUT; DEEP LAYOFFS HIT CBSNEWS

Wed Feb 03 2010 09:11:21 ET

CBSNEWS anchorwoman and 60 MINUTES contributor Katie Couric faces a dramatic pay cut at the network, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

CBS boss Les Moonves is determined to save money and trim expenses -- from top to bottom -- at the former crown jewel of broadcasting.

Couric, the highest paid TV news personality in history, commands over $14 million a year, plus bumps for non-EVENING NEWS appearances.

But her salary is now in the direct line of fire, network insiders explain, and a populist backlash against Couric's cash is said to be forming inside the newsroom.

"She makes enough to pay 200 news reporters $75,000 a year!" demands a veteran producer. "It's complete insanity."

The angry source continues: "We report with great enthusiasm how much bankers are making, how it is out of step with reality during a recession. Well, look at Katie!"

MORE

Couric's $300,000 a week paycheck has become the obsession of disgruntled CBS staff, just as deep layoffs rock the fishbowl.

Dozens of employees -- including staff members in D.C., San Francisco, Miami, London, Los Angeles and Moscow -- are being let go, the NEW YORK OBSERVER reports.

Couric's current CBS contract expires next year.

Developing...

EDITOR'S NOTE: Former CBS News anchor Dan Rather called on President Barack Obama to form a White House commission to help save the press. Tears welled in the lifelong reporter’s eyes as he discussed the dwindling number of war correspondents.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashkcc.htm

BigRedChief
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
It's that damn intraweb!

alpha_omega
02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
How about not bringing back Big Brother eleventybillion, or Survivor, or something like that....wouldn't that save some cash.

Oh yeah, fire Katie too.

Royal Fanatic
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
It's that damn intraweb!

God, I hate that "word".

fan4ever
02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
She gets paid?

Garcia Bronco
02-03-2010, 03:57 PM
If they laid me off and she was making that much cash a week...I'd burn the place down.

http://mnfu.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/milton-stapler.jpg

Bwana
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
How's that Hope and CHANGE working for you about now commie Katie? ROFL

talastan
02-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Gotta bankrupt the media to get them on the government teet as well.

HonestChieffan
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Lefties who wanted this turd elected feeling pain? No...come on, say it aint so.

Jenson71
02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
200 quality reporters is less important than Katie Courier talking. That's pathetic.

HonestChieffan
02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Rich Dem Females hate low paid sublevel reporters. Let em eat cake.

Chief Henry
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
If they laid me off and she was making that much cash a week...I'd burn the place down.

http://mnfu.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/milton-stapler.jpg

Don't touch my stapler.

Katie Couric is learning a valuable lesson.

Saul Good
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
200 quality reporters is less important than Katie Courier talking. That's pathetic.

It makes absolutely no sense. There are a lot of people who can read the news just as well as Katie can. It's not like she is the show the way that say Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olberman are. She reads the damned news. How in the hell is that worth eight figures? I mean, if they only paid her nine million, are they worried that someone else would snatch her up?

jjjayb
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I've always found it ironic when hollywood celebrities complain about corporate execs making too much money. News media talking heads like Couric complaining about corporate execs amuses me just as much. It's good to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

Rain Man
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm going to be really mad if Katie ends up having to crash on my couch again.

mlyonsd
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm going to be really mad if Katie ends up having to crash on my couch again.

Throw a tarp down.

The Mad Crapper
02-04-2010, 07:47 AM
God, I hate that "word".

You notice it's always unfunny people trying to be funny who use it?

Der Flöprer
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Lefties who wanted this turd elected feeling pain? No...come on, say it aint so.

LMAO Hey dude. They were all feeling pain when they OVERWHELMINGLY voted him into office. But by all means, keep the spin coming. It's totally helping your cause.

Maybe if Repubs would realize that Americans aren't hearing this fear mongering bullshit anymore, and went back to their roots, they, and the rest of this country would get back to where we fucking belong. On top.

petegz28
02-04-2010, 10:41 AM
LMAO Hey dude. They were all feeling pain when they OVERWHELMINGLY voted him into office. But by all means, keep the spin coming. It's totally helping your cause.

Maybe if Repubs would realize that Americans aren't hearing this fear mongering bullshit anymore, and went back to their roots, they, and the rest of this country would get back to where we ****ing belong. On top.

The sad part is many more are feeling pain since he has got in.

Der Flöprer
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
The sad part is many more are feeling pain since he has got in.

You know where I stand Pete. He's been an abomination to this point AFAIC. But I will never, ever respect rhetoric regardless of what side it's coming from. And HCF is full of it. I've given him props on his good posts, but he does draw my ire probably more than any other poster in DC.

morphius
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
How about not bringing back Big Brother eleventybillion, or Survivor, or something like that....wouldn't that save some cash.

Oh yeah, fire Katie too.
Because those show are very cheap to make.

The scary thing is that her pay isn't that out of line...

Highest Paid Anchors
- Katie Couric, 'CBS Evening News' ($15 million per year)
- Matt Lauer, 'Today' ($13 million per year)
- Diane Sawyer, 'Good Morning America' ($12 million per year)