TrickyNicky - TrickyNicky30
Metrolike - Pants0n
*Mr. Plow - HawkinHutch
QuikSsurfer - Quikies83
WhitiE - White Es Back
Dunit35 - Dyer35

*Slowly improving, needs to play more.

Here is how to play:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Please watch so you don't turn into one of the other retards playing this game.

Saulbadguy
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Beta on PC is solid. It's not a console port so that is awesome. I pre-purchased it to get access to the beta.

Pants
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
The videos I've seen look really cool, albeit very busy and hectic.

Kraus
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM

You should d/l the demo. I need some squadmates. Like MW2, most the randoms are idiots. 3-4 good people in a squad is pretty much all you need to win.

Cave Johnson
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I DLd it yesterday..... would be down.

SLAG
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I preordered the Limited Edition for PS3 -

I loved the first one
and I skipped MW2 for this

Pants
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I preordered the Limited Edition for PS3 -

I loved the first one
and I skipped MW2 for this

Never played the 1st BC. Last BF I played was 2142. Knife + defib battles were epic, lol.

Fishpicker
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
the demo for 360 is amazing. I already prefer this game over MW2. the available weapons for all the kits look better than MW2 weapon selection.

MW2 has a slightly better look but BC2 has incredible audio. the pitch and reverb of the audio changes with the environment you're in.

the vehicles are badass and you can blow away any cover the enemy has from walls and boxes.

the recoil and muzzle climb from small arms takes a bit to get used to. But the muzzle climb is more realistic than MW2. big explosions don't have to be near you to jostle your aim off target. I love the bigger and linear battlefields. I have yet to be spawn killed.

Pants
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
the demo for 360 is amazing. I already prefer this game over MW2. the available weapons for all the kits look better than MW2 weapon selection.

MW2 has a slightly better look but BC2 has incredible audio. the pitch and reverb of the audio changes with the environment you're in.

the vehicles are badass and you can blow away any cover the enemy has from walls and boxes.

the recoil and muzzle climb from small arms takes a bit to get used to. But the muzzle climb is more realistic than MW2. big explosions don't have to be near you to jostle your aim off target. I love the bigger and linear battlefields. I have yet to be spawn killed.

I'm assuming you can still choose your spawn like in the previous ones, right?

And yeah, sounds like I might have to invest into this game as well. Shit.

MoreLemonPledge
02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm assuming you can still choose your spawn like in the previous ones, right?

And yeah, sounds like I might have to invest into this game as well. Shit.

Yes, you can choose your spawn.

I spent a lot of time on the first one and, from what I can tell by playing the demo, I'll be doing the same with the sequel. Hell, I can't stop playing the demo and it's only 1 level with limited kit customizations.

QuikSsurfer
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Day One. the demo is great. bye bye MW2

Guru
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I'll be on this one after the price drop. I have tired of paying $60 for games.

The first BF:BC dropped like a rock even though the gameplay was badass.

Saggysack
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Beta on PC is solid. It's not a console port so that is awesome. I pre-purchased it to get access to the beta.

Fairly solid, but it can be improved. Stability issues still concern DICE rather than balancing. Seems quite a few aspects have been "dumbed down" to me. And I blame it on consoles. What happened to the Q commands? Gone are the important features a SL needs to issue rally points, attack/defend points. The importance of a Squad Leader is no more IMO. Team work while pubbing looks to me to be at a alltime low. How many times have you looked to spawn on a teammate and 1 is on one side of the map, another on the other side, and the last one parachuting down to snipe on the hilltop. That's not team work, that's just a bunch of dumbasses soloing while in a squad. Rarely have I found 4 people willing to stick together and work together.

Some of the fixes DICE is working/worked on so far.

Flashing water and terrain on Crossfire

* Fixed in retail game.

Particle shadows disabled on SLI + DirectX9

* They used to cause a huge performance drop. Fixed in retail game.

DirectX9 crashes

* We have improved stability some in the retail game, particularly when "losing" the graphics device due to alt-tab

WinXP 32 / WinXP 64 compatibility

* We have done a few crash fixes, although we have no data specifically on XP64 yet.

Updater fails downloading patch and gives a nonsensical error message about "unable to download patch, check your internet connection"

* Fixed in the retail game. The problem is both in the game's installer and in the updater.
* Closed Beta workaround: launch the Updater as Administrator.

Some or all of WASD keys stop working

* If you have a joystick connected, and it is not perfectly calibrated, then it will signal tiny movements in some direction. These tiny movements overrule the WASD keys. We are aware of the problem.
* Closed Beta workaround: Disconnect your joystick

Crash during level load on ATI x1900 cards

* The game requires driver version 9.12 or later to function. 9.11 crashes hard inside the driver. Unfortunately there are no new enough drivers available for the X1900 cards.
* Closed Beta workaround: Rename BFBC2Game.exe to BF2.exe, and launch BF2.exe directly.

Sometimes you keep moving even after you have released a key

* Noted. We have reproduced it at the DICE office too.
* As a side note: this never happened to a single developer during the past 6 months' worth of testing. Strange.

"Connection to server has been lost"

* This one is tricky. We have no solution yet.

Some sounds are played in the wrong speaker

* Audio team are investigating.

Crackups in sound

* No data yet.

Weapon balancing and tuning

* When we created the first Closed Beta, we picked the most stable build we had. (Well, you have all seen how well that build fared when it faced the real world...) We had to choose either stability or new content -- and stability won. Due to this, all content in the Closed Beta was some weeks old already at launch.
* Weapon balancing is on-going in the retail game, and we are following what's happening on the forums.

HBAO is very GPU hungry, resulting in low framerates on high-end machines

* We are working on faster versions of the filter.
* Closed Beta workaround: disable HBAO. Looks less pretty, runs better.

The game has high framerate on a machine, yet the input is very laggy

* We have a fix in the works.

The game accepted my serial key, but then failed logging in to EA Online

* Are you having any exotic characters in your password? One person who had the character } in his password had that very problem.
* Closed Beta workaround: Change your password (using www.ea.com) to a password that only contains the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9. Then try logging in in the game again.

Crashride
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Im scared to try it, I fell dirty like im cheating on MW2

Kraus
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I should be on tonight on the 360 around 11 p.m. CST.

SLAG
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Demo on PS3 is looking good

Kraus
02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
That was a good game last night.... too bad we weren't able to blow up that last objective.

Kraus
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy the game, Amazon has it for $57 plus you get $10 credit towards another purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B001QXNBJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265916707&sr=8-1#productPromotions

crispystl420
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Battlefield 2 was the bomb. That's all I know. Man I miss that damn game.

thecoffeeguy
02-12-2010, 08:12 AM
For those that are playing it and played BF2, how is it with the vehicles and planes?

I know in BF2, I got tired of the planes constantly blowing me up every where I went. Eventually, I ended up playing on servers that were infantry only.

BF2142 was a bit better though.

Curious where this stacks up.

Do they have a stats page out to show kills and such, as well as what weapons are going to be un-lockable and such?

tyton75
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Im scared to try it, I fell dirty like im cheating on MW2

me too! lol

TrickyNicky
02-12-2010, 09:26 AM
For those that are playing it and played BF2, how is it with the vehicles and planes?

I know in BF2, I got tired of the planes constantly blowing me up every where I went. Eventually, I ended up playing on servers that were infantry only.

Do they have a stats page out to show kills and such, as well as what weapons are going to be un-lockable and such?

Only other game I've spent extensive time in was BF Vietnam. As was the case in that game, a good heli pilot will absolutely rape face doing the death circle over the main spawn and destroying the AT stuff as it appears before the other team can get in it.

Kraus
02-12-2010, 02:14 PM

This isn't quite the case from the demo. There is a mini-UAV that can do some damage in the right hands. No planes. Occasionally the defenders get a helicopter (Apache or Blackhawk) but they aren't gamebreakers.

They do have a stats page and a page showing unlockable weapons.

Kraus
02-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy the game, Amazon has it for $57 plus you get $10 credit towards another purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B001QXNBJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265916707&sr=8-1#productPromotions

Now it is $20 credit. Not a bad deal at all.

TrickyNicky
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Now it is $20 credit. Not a bad deal at all.

Not only that, but if you do the free trial for Amazon Prime, you can get release day delivery for free.

KCChiefsMan
02-12-2010, 04:39 PM
I played the demo for a bit. Pretty terrible IMO. Graphics are awful, nobody has spoken a single word in the game. I was having problems with hit detection, not my style of game.

crispystl420
02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I played the demo for a bit. Pretty terrible IMO. Graphics are awful, nobody has spoken a single word in the game. I was having problems with hit detection, not my style of game.

I agree battlefield1943 is good however and only like a 15.00 download.I have trouble determining who is a friendly and who is a foe on the new battlefield.

bowener
02-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Pretty much agree with your assessment. I don't like the mode of game play either... well I don't mind it, but it would be kind of fun to have a team deathmatch style as well, which it wont (I know that sounds lame and MW2 fanboyish).

I really didn't like the fact that I couldnt lay completely prone, which really sucks when you are trying to snipe. I also do not like that the sniper scope doesn't move with your breathing like I am used to with MW2. I know that makes it easier, but that is the point. I don't just want any noob picking it up and owning right away. IDK, its just not for me I guess, especially now that MW2 has possibly fixed their glitch for now.

Saggysack
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Nothing like BF2. I think people are mistaking this game as the next in line for 1942/BFV/BF2/2142 line. It simply isn't. Dice has even stated this in the past. This is next in line for Battlefield BAD COMPANY.

From my understanding BF3 is still on the table at Dice. Only time will tell though. Personally, I believe if they simply updated the BF2 concept Dice would once again rule the FPS world. But it's quite clear with BF:BC2 they are still chasing Infinity Ward.

Saulbadguy
02-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Somewhat OT, but plane camping was fucking hilarious in BF1942.

Fritz88
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
This game seems to have a lot of potential. I think it might really surpass MW2. It's a truly team work oriented game.

Haven't played the demo yet, but does it live up to the expectations?

Fritz88
02-18-2010, 09:26 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Kraus
02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0p4fkH9qC4M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Added to OP.

TrickyNicky
02-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok, so Gamestop commercial says if you preorder with them, you get the multiplayer early. Anyone preorder with gamestop by any chance?

Kraus
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok, so Gamestop commercial says if you preorder with them, you get the multiplayer early. Anyone preorder with gamestop by any chance?

You just get the squad rush mode before everybody else. There are other multiplayer modes.

Ceej
02-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Looks pretty sweet. But, what's with the footage only being in snowy-covered mountains? Surely there's more than that map.

Kraus
02-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Looks pretty sweet. But, what's with the footage only being in snowy-covered mountains? Surely there's more than that map.

It is the map that is in the demo.

Otter
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
I have this pre-ordered and if anyone wants to team up for group forming let me know. Long time gamer, my favorite color is blue and I like long walks on the beach.

Play on PC Platform.

Molitoth
02-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I've been playing the piss out of the demo lately and its pretty fun.

Kraus
02-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I've been playing the piss out of the demo lately and its pretty fun.

Going to buy the game?

I need to play the demo some more. When you get a good squad together this game is a blast!

SLAG
02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I preordered through Amazon for PS3

Molitoth
02-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Going to buy the game?

I need to play the demo some more. When you get a good squad together this game is a blast!

I'm not sure yet. I probably will though because all of my friends are going to buy it. I'm hoping you can have more than 4 people in a squad in the full version.

Molitoth
02-22-2010, 08:35 AM

This is an excellent video, although it teaches everyone how to spot which is something I do an insane amount of... which is why I win all of the time. ;)

Otter
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Going to buy the game?

That right there is the difference between a good game and a bad game. At least one guy who's an average to above average pilot helps too. I've been thinking of starting a website strictly for matching up groups in games like this L4D2 but can't quiet come up with a design without having to upgrade.

I'm glad they left jets out of this one, they totally ****ed up BF2. According to Wiki:

Battlefield: Bad Company has an assortment of military vehicles from each of the game's three factions that can be used by the player. Tanks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks), infantry fighting vehicles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_fighting_vehicle), armored cars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_car_%28military%29), attack helicopters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_helicopters), patrol boats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrol_boats), mobile anti-aircraft weapon system, and, humorously enough, golf carts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_cart) are all available in the game's single-player and multiplayer modes. Unlike some previous versions in the Battlefield series, fixed-wing aircraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-wing_aircraft) such as fighter jets and bomber planes are not available in this game.

:clap:

Kraus
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
IGN gave it a 8.9

Guru
02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
http://www.gamestopbracketchallenge.com/thanks.aspx

Bracket challenge at Gamestop.com

Matt Cassell is a team leader of, get this, Numero Uno. LMAO

Kraus
03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Anybody picking this up for 360 tomorrow? I should be able to play Wednesday and Thursday.

TrickyNicky
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow from Amazon. I'll definitely be playing most of the week.

thecoffeeguy
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
That right there is the difference between a good game and a bad game. At least one guy who's an average to above average pilot helps too. I've been thinking of starting a website strictly for matching up groups in games like this L4D2 but can't quiet come up with a design without having to upgrade.

I'm glad they left jets out of this one, they totally ****ed up BF2. According to Wiki:

:clap:

Thank goodness! I used to look for infantry only servers because air power was ridiculous. Hated air plane whores..ruined the game.

MoreLemonPledge
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow from Amazon. I'll definitely be playing most of the week.

This

Kraus
03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
This

I'm at work now, but if I see you on I'll send an invite. Got mine from Amazon earlier today.

MoreLemonPledge
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Just got mine. I'll be on tonight.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
fuuuuuuuu, so many people are already rank 10

HC_Chief
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Same old shit in this version of BF.... bunch of dumbass bunny-hoppers who think they are L337 and don't need no stinking teamwork!

"...by God, I'm a sniper! Sniper's are lone wolfesez. They like run into bushes and snipe peoples and totally pwn and junk" :rolleyes:

Combat FPS games with a JUMP button can suck a donkey dick and, hopefully, choke and die, drowning in a gallon of jizz.

Basileus777
03-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Ok, I caved in and bought the PC version. I don't have much experience playing past Battlefield so it should be interesting.

thecoffeeguy
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Just got mine. I'll be on tonight.

whats the feedback on the game? Any good?

Basileus777
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Steam didn't give me my promo code for the Limited Edition unlocks. Ugh.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
You can still unlock them through regular online play.

MoreLemonPledge
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
whats the feedback on the game? Any good?

I've only played single player so far. The graphics are amazing and the action is pretty non-stop. Going to dive into multiplayer soon.

Guru
03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Will it drop in price as fast as the first one did? I picked that one up for under $20 within 9 months of its release. That was a steal for how much fun it was.

KCChiefsMan
03-03-2010, 02:37 AM
I bought the first Bad Company and I really didn't care for the multiplayer. I'm most likely not getting this. I played about 10 hours on the MP demo and didn't like it. Not one person ever spoke a work either and this is a game where teamwork would be required. The last battlefield game that I liked was Vietnam on PC, that was some good times.

Saulbadguy
03-03-2010, 06:43 AM
I played about an hour last night, it was awesome. It's awesome. It really relies on teamwork and strategy. Way more involved than MW, IMO.

Otter
03-03-2010, 07:42 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td height="0" width="0"> <form method="post" action="ssrv.cgi" lang="en"> <input name="cmd" value="spell" type="hidden"> <input name="doc" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="name" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="word" value="hellish" type="hidden"> <input name="wordid" value="" type="hidden"><!-- added for SCAYT integration --> <input name="sg" value="" type="hidden"><!-- added for SCAYT integration --> <input name="slang" value="en" type="hidden"> <input name="intlang" value="en" type="hidden"> <input name="pos" value="854" type="hidden"> <input name="len" value="5" type="hidden"> <input name="text" value="It took forever to download from Steam last night but it finally finished around 11pm (started at 6pm) and managed to get 2 games in before going to bed. First impression is very good. I didn't bother trying to setup a squad or getting the whole teamwork thing going because I was still trying to get a feel for the game and controls and figured mostly everyone else was as well. Some random thoughts (I'm on PC): * Why can't you bind mouse buttons 3 and 4? That's stupid. * The UAV is fooking awesome though the missiles don't do much damage * What good is a sniper rifle if you can't get a shot kill with a head shot? * The last Battlefield I played was 2; maps seem much smaller * Snipers seem like they can be a much greater asset to a squad with the spot function * More toys on the maps; UAVs, tanks, quads, helis etc. both maps I was on only had 1 vehicle So far so good." type="hidden"> <input name="problemid" value="859" type="hidden"> <input name="igproblem" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="ignoresp" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="ignoregr" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="igpossp" value="81,98,107,499,506,834,854" type="hidden"> <input name="igposgr" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="trg_url" value="http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/sproxy_h2/sproxy.cgi" type="hidden"> <input name="trg_wnd" value="sp_ch_opener_window" type="hidden"> <input name="txt_ctrl" value="myEditor" type="hidden"> <input name="svc_time" value="1267627348759" type="hidden"> <input name="customerid" value="1:F2l0N-BHgOp1-ZZh0j3-z3vDP1-J3Q183-9zbv54-IMTyP1-oIKbi1-gka5Q1-UZ4hn4-zfv2B4-PMcZw" type="hidden"> <input name="schema" value="21" type="hidden"> <input name="schema_url" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="spp_langs" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="last_svc_time" value="0.12 sec." type="hidden"> <input name="sessionid" value="1.829373" type="hidden"> <input name="statinfo" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="bnr" value="" type="hidden"> <!--~<input type="hidden" name="hide" value="">--> <input name="ssrv_host" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="cust_dic_ids" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="settings" value="sproxy=0" type="hidden"> <input name="optionssp" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="owner_prefix" value="parent.opener" type="hidden"> <input name="close_type" value="" type="hidden"><!--#--> <input name="relaxedDomain" value="" type="hidden"> </form>
</td><td height="0" width="0"> <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="midtext">It took forever to download from Steam last night but it finally finished around 11pm (started at 6pm) and managed to get 2 games in before going to bed.

First impression is very good. I didn't bother trying to setup a squad or getting the whole teamwork thing going because I was still trying to get a feel for the game and controls and figured mostly everyone else was as well.

Some random thoughts (I'm on PC):

* Why can't you bind mouse buttons 3 and 4? That's stupid.
* The UAV is fooking awesome though the missiles don't do much damage
* What good is a sniper rifle if you can't get a one shot kill with a head shot?
* The last Battlefield I played was 2; maps seem much smaller
* Snipers seem like they can be a much greater asset to a squad with the spot function
* More toys on the maps; UAVs, tanks, quads, helis etc. both maps I was on only had 1 vehicle

So far so good.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

MoreLemonPledge
03-03-2010, 07:55 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td height="0" width="0"> <form method="post" action="ssrv.cgi" lang="en"> <input name="cmd" value="spell" type="hidden"> <input name="doc" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="name" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="word" value="hellish" type="hidden"> <input name="wordid" value="" type="hidden"><!-- added for SCAYT integration --> <input name="sg" value="" type="hidden"><!-- added for SCAYT integration --> <input name="slang" value="en" type="hidden"> <input name="intlang" value="en" type="hidden"> <input name="pos" value="854" type="hidden"> <input name="len" value="5" type="hidden"> <input name="text" value="It took forever to download from Steam last night but it finally finished around 11pm (started at 6pm) and managed to get 2 games in before going to bed. First impression is very good. I didn't bother trying to setup a squad or getting the whole teamwork thing going because I was still trying to get a feel for the game and controls and figured mostly everyone else was as well. Some random thoughts (I'm on PC): * Why can't you bind mouse buttons 3 and 4? That's stupid. * The UAV is fooking awesome though the missiles don't do much damage * What good is a sniper rifle if you can't get a shot kill with a head shot? * The last Battlefield I played was 2; maps seem much smaller * Snipers seem like they can be a much greater asset to a squad with the spot function * More toys on the maps; UAVs, tanks, quads, helis etc. both maps I was on only had 1 vehicle So far so good." type="hidden"> <input name="problemid" value="859" type="hidden"> <input name="igproblem" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="ignoresp" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="ignoregr" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="igpossp" value="81,98,107,499,506,834,854" type="hidden"> <input name="igposgr" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="trg_url" value="http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/sproxy_h2/sproxy.cgi" type="hidden"> <input name="trg_wnd" value="sp_ch_opener_window" type="hidden"> <input name="txt_ctrl" value="myEditor" type="hidden"> <input name="svc_time" value="1267627348759" type="hidden"> <input name="customerid" value="1:F2l0N-BHgOp1-ZZh0j3-z3vDP1-J3Q183-9zbv54-IMTyP1-oIKbi1-gka5Q1-UZ4hn4-zfv2B4-PMcZw" type="hidden"> <input name="schema" value="21" type="hidden"> <input name="schema_url" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="spp_langs" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="last_svc_time" value="0.12 sec." type="hidden"> <input name="sessionid" value="1.829373" type="hidden"> <input name="statinfo" value="1" type="hidden"> <input name="bnr" value="" type="hidden"> <!--~<input type="hidden" name="hide" value="">--> <input name="ssrv_host" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="cust_dic_ids" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="settings" value="sproxy=0" type="hidden"> <input name="optionssp" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="owner_prefix" value="parent.opener" type="hidden"> <input name="close_type" value="" type="hidden"><!--#--> <input name="relaxedDomain" value="" type="hidden"> </form>
</td><td height="0" width="0"> <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="midtext">It took forever to download from Steam last night but it finally finished around 11pm (started at 6pm) and managed to get 2 games in before going to bed.

First impression is very good. I didn't bother trying to setup a squad or getting the whole teamwork thing going because I was still trying to get a feel for the game and controls and figured mostly everyone else was as well.

Some random thoughts (I'm on PC):

* Why can't you bind mouse buttons 3 and 4? That's stupid.
* The UAV is fooking awesome though the missiles don't do much damage
* What good is a sniper rifle if you can't get a one shot kill with a head shot?
* The last Battlefield I played was 2; maps seem much smaller
* Snipers seem like they can be a much greater asset to a squad with the spot function
* More toys on the maps; UAVs, tanks, quads, helis etc. both maps I was on only had 1 vehicle

So far so good.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Did you do Squad Deathmatch? Rush and Conquest modes use bigger maps and way more vehicles.

tyton75
03-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm a big MW2 fan... was just wondering how this compares? better/worse? should I buy it?

Otter
03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Did you do Squad Deathmatch? Rush and Conquest modes use bigger maps and way more vehicles.

I believe both maps I played were squad deathmatch. By the time I got EA client/server match up playing together nicely with firewall and router I was taking what ever was first available.

I'll check out rush and conquest tonight. Thx

Otter
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm a big MW2 fan... was just wondering how this compares? better/worse? should I buy it?

Never played MW2 because of the dedicated server issue but have played COD4 and Battlefield 2/Bad Company 2 for me the comparison isn't even close. COD4 is a kiddie game compared to BC2/BF2.

MoreLemonPledge
03-03-2010, 08:47 AM

I prefer BF, but it's really not the same experience as CoD. Teamwork is key in BF, and your goal isn't just the next killstreak reward. Much less camping, too.

tyton75
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
is it imperative to have a headset?

Otter
03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
is it imperative to have a headset?

Based on past experience it all depends on your play style. If you just want to show up and join a squad for the extra spawn points and go your separate way then no you wouldn't need a headset.

If you want to join a squad with a static group of players that maximize the whole teamwork concept than yes you'll need one. A squad working in coordination with engineers with vehicles, medics with assault, recon spotting and communicating to the rest of the squad will kick a groups butt that isn't working together 100% of the time and lets face it, it's a lot funner when you're winning or at least going toe to toe with the competition than being picked off every three minutes by shit you can't see or hear coming.

Basileus777
03-04-2010, 02:40 AM
This game has me hooked. On a good server it's the best FPS I've played in years. The single player isn't anything special, but it's better than the respawn fest/crackpot storyline of MW2's campaign. The game looks amazing on the PC too, it's probably the best looking game I've seen other than Crysis.

TrickyNicky
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
My biggest gripe is that they gave the best perk/unlockable to the lamest class: The binoculars that call in a mortar strike. If, as a developer, you wanted to ensure that at least half of any PUG server is filled with no-teamwork, camping fuqtards... mission accomplished.

Basileus777
03-04-2010, 07:03 PM
My biggest gripe is that they gave the best perk/unlockable to the lamest class: The binoculars that call in a mortar strike. If, as a developer, you wanted to ensure that at least half of any PUG server is filled with no-teamwork, camping fuqtards... mission accomplished.

Yeah, I really hate those people who play recon and camp around the edges of the map, especially when they join your squad. Camping for K/D ratio is pretty much the worst way to play this game.

Guru
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Why do people care so damn much about the K/D ratio anyway? I thought the game was just supposed to be fun to play.

salame
03-05-2010, 02:16 AM
the multiplayer modes seem to have some wonky flaws
like 4 on 1 games etc

Otter
03-05-2010, 07:39 AM
This game has me hooked. On a good server it's the best FPS I've played in years. The single player isn't anything special, but it's better than the respawn fest/crackpot storyline of MW2's campaign. The game looks amazing on the PC too, it's probably the best looking game I've seen other than Crysis.

The only big difference I noticed on PC vs console is I can see things A LOT further away on my PC as opposed to my neighbor who plays on console. I have a high def 24" 1920x1200 native resolution monitor with 2x4870 HD 4870 crossfire and I can see a gnat fart on the other side of the map. He's lucky if he could see half that far.

Yeah I'm hooked too. I've been up till 3am playing every night since the game was released and will probably blow away the majority of the weekend playing.

Some hints that I've picked up on:

* if you're a sniper, SPOT! you get +20 for every kill assist and it doesn't prevent you from getting the kill at all. This is the simplest and most effective way for a sniper to help out a squad. It's amazing how many people ignore this...it's a button people, push the button.
* get your medic unlocks early, the weapons are the biggest jump I've noticed from first tier and once you can start dropping medpacks and reviving the points rack up real fast
* be aggressive when attacking
* the 2nd tier sniper rifle is useless, beyond that I'm not sure, not much of a sniper
* staying low profile when you have the UAV and spotting will keep you alive a lot longer and rack up points in +20 increments
* once you find a squad that's working together hang onto it for dear life and add those people to friends asap

Saulbadguy
03-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah i'm always spamming my spot button.

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2010, 08:02 AM
the multiplayer modes seem to have some wonky flaws
like 4 on 1 games etc

Last night I couldn't get in a squad for anything. I wouldn't be put in one to start off, then would spend the rest of the game looking for a squad. It sucks when you play medic and don't get the extra points for squad heal and squad revive.

Otter
03-05-2010, 09:07 AM
How do motion sensors work? When an enemy comes into their field of view do they (the enemy) get an orange dot over their head like they've been spotted or do they just show up on the mini map or something totally different?

Paired up with C4 remote detonation it seems like it could be a pretty potent combo for holding capture points.

Kraus
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Last night I couldn't get in a squad for anything. I wouldn't be put in one to start off, then would spend the rest of the game looking for a squad. It sucks when you play medic and don't get the extra points for squad heal and squad revive.

I should be on a lot next week late at nights if you want to form a squad again.

Basileus777
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM

I don't know if it's the same on the console version, but on the PC you can choose to join a different squad in-between respawns.

Munson
03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I've been playing the crap out of this game since it came out. I've been up til 6 or 7 am, depriving myself of sleep. I love the squad deathmatches. I love the fact that each match isn't timed. It keeps going until the best squad gets 50 kills. I like sneaking up on people and blowing them up with C4. If you can get in a good squad, get the tank. Its an ass raping machine when used properly. The only thing I don't like about the game is when you don't have a full squad. It makes it a lot harder to compete against other teams of 4.

I haven't played the single player mode, so I can't comment on it. But I would still recommend this game.

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I've been playing the crap out of this game since it came out. I've been up til 6 or 7 am, depriving myself of sleep. I love the squad deathmatches. I love the fact that each match isn't timed. It keeps going until the best squad gets 50 kills. I like sneaking up on people and blowing them up with C4. If you can get in a good squad, get the tank. Its an ass raping machine when used properly. The only thing I don't like about the game is when you don't have a full squad. It makes it a lot harder to compete against other teams of 4.

I haven't played the single player mode, so I can't comment on it. But I would still recommend this game.

Salame and I held our own in a squad deathmatch. The two of us against a squad of 4, a squad of 3, and another squad of two. We ended up getting 49 and losing at the last second by the squad of 4. It's really easy to do well in this game if you actually (gasp!) use teamwork.

ChiefFripp
03-05-2010, 08:22 PM
How does it compare to BC:1?

MoreLemonPledge
03-05-2010, 11:34 PM
How does it compare to BC:1?

Better in every way, except maybe the maps. They haven't grown on me yet, but I'm sure they will.

Basileus777
03-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I love playing as engineer. I had 2 kills and 3 deaths and got over 15k points (about 3500 before awards/insignias) for the round.

Otter
03-06-2010, 04:41 AM
I love playing as engineer. I had 2 kills and 3 deaths and got over 15k points (about 3500 before awards/insignias) for the round.

Prepare to get handy with the engineer rocket launcher to take out the attack helicopters. It's an art that's not easy to master but once you have it down you're the difference between getting rained upon from up above and being the savior to air assault.

Absolutely amazing game. So much detail.

EDIT: recon motion sensors only show up on mini-map, not as if they were spotted. Throw down some C4 watch when they try to capture and remote detonate from safe spot.

thecoffeeguy
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Just bought of steam!

Downloading right now: 60% done!!!

Otter
03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Just bought of steam!

Downloading right now: 60% done!!!

Punkbuster isn't playing nice right now with Steam. I can't even get into a game without getting the "Punkbuster can't initialize" and getting kicked.

PB is the biggest piece of shit to ever hit the gaming market. EA has to be in cohoots with that rat soup company to still use them.

Let me know if you can get on.

Basileus777
03-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Multiplayer is still working on the Steam version for me.

Did you try manually updating Punkbuster?

btlook1
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
That looks awesome...used to play the 1st one...so how is the PC play. Don't own a console...requirements? I doubt my current system can run it...might have to check in to it...or maybe it's time for a new tube..

Otter
03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Multiplayer is still working on the Steam version for me.

Did you try manually updating Punkbuster?

I tried everything I could think of and then some. I tried uninstalling punkbuster and reinstalling in as admin. I tried manually updating and nothing is working. Are you running Win7?

I loathe punkbuster, it's the biggest piece of shit ever. I don't hack, I've never hacked a game and it's given me more problems than any piece of software I've ever come across.

TrebMaxx
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I tried everything I could think of and then some. I tried uninstalling punkbuster and reinstalling in as admin. I tried manually updating and nothing is working. Are you running Win7?

I loathe punkbuster, it's the biggest piece of shit ever. I don't hack, I've never hacked a game and it's given me more problems than any piece of software I've ever come across.

Suggestion. Make sure you have the PunkbusterB running as admin.

Otter
03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Suggestion. Make sure you have the PunkbusterB running as admin.

I installed as admin...how would I make sure it's running as admin?

The weird part is that is was working fine than last night it starting kicking me with the "can't initialize PB" message. I also have COD4 that uses PB and it's working fine.

Basileus777
03-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm running Win7 64 bit and after I manually updated Punkbuster I haven't had any problems. I never had to mess with admin status either.

TinyEvel
03-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Shitbags! I put it in last night and played about an hour of SP then tried MP and got killed 5 times in a row without ever seeing an enemy (knifed once, mortared once, sniped three times). I had enough and so I bailed and played MAG.

I wasn't running and gunning either. These fricken MP games all each need a tutorial showing you WTF is on the HUD and all that before you start to play.

I even viewed the "how not to be a noob" video and was NOT running and gunning.
:cuss:

Otter
03-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm running Win7 64 bit and after I manually updated Punkbuster I haven't had any problems. I never had to mess with admin status either.

I don't know what the hell the problem is...I'll get it running eventually. Awesome game, I just miss playing.

Otter
03-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Shitbags! I put it in last night and played about an hour of SP then tried MP and got killed 5 times in a row without ever seeing an enemy (knifed once, mortared once, sniped three times). I had enough and so I bailed and played MAG.

I wasn't running and gunning either. These fricken MP games all each need a tutorial showing you WTF is on the HUD and all that before you start to play.

I even viewed the "how not to be a noob" video and was NOT running and gunning.
:cuss:

Heh, it's not an easy game by any stretch. Start as a sniper (recon) and then work your way up into assault. It's pretty much gonna kick your ass until you learn how to survive. Recons are pretty much the least valuable player but it gives you time to sit back and watch how things work.

Silock
03-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Manually updated PB and it still kicks me. Fuck this shit. Piece of FUCKING SHIT.

thecoffeeguy
03-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't know what the hell the problem is...I'll get it running eventually. Awesome game, I just miss playing.

There was a known problem yesterday with connectivity and PB. I was unable to play any MP since I could not log in.

Once they fixed the connectivity issues, the PB issue was next. I was bounced from two games. I figured, since EA and Dice are working on it, I will just come back later.

Came back in the later evening and was able to play a few games.

On a side note, the spotting utility that allows you to call out tanks, infantry etc....is that key bound by default to Q?

Was trying to use it last night, but could not get it working.

Also, anyone who plays online, do you ever find squads who are using mics?

have not found a squad yet that likes to talk, but this game, IMHO, really relies on teamwork.

Otter
03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
There was a known problem yesterday with connectivity and PB. I was unable to play any MP since I could not log in.

Once they fixed the connectivity issues, the PB issue was next. I was bounced from two games. I figured, since EA and Dice are working on it, I will just come back later.

Came back in the later evening and was able to play a few games.

On a side note, the spotting utility that allows you to call out tanks, infantry etc....is that key bound by default to Q?

Was trying to use it last night, but could not get it working.

Also, anyone who plays online, do you ever find squads who are using mics?

have not found a squad yet that likes to talk, but this game, IMHO, really relies on teamwork.

No idea if PB is working now or not. I got tired of dealing with it last night but I'll try again after work.

The spotting utility basically tells the rest of you team "hey I see an enemy and there he is" by calling it out and putting an orange dot over their head for about 30 seconds. It's easily the most under used option in the game and yes Q is the default button. You have to have them targeted with sights so that if you shot you might hit them or it will not work. Just being able to see them doesn't cut the mustard.

I don't think in-game voice works yet. The guys I play with have been using Ventrillo to communicate. When you get a good squad working together you can really **** shit up. I'm a decent pilot with the attack helicopter too, getting a good gun man in the front seat who can see everything and it's game over.

Such a cool game. I hope it works tonight.

thecoffeeguy
03-08-2010, 01:05 PM
No idea if PB is working now or not. I got tired of dealing with it last night but I'll try again after work.

The spotting utility basically tells the rest of you team "hey I see an enemy and there he is" by calling it out and putting an orange dot over their head for about 30 seconds. It's easily the most under used option in the game and yes Q is the default button. You have to have them targeted with sights so that if you shot you might hit them or it will not work. Just being able to see them doesn't cut the mustard.

I don't think in-game voice works yet. The guys I play with have been using Ventrillo to communicate. When you get a good squad working together you can really **** shit up. I'm a decent pilot with the attack helicopter too, getting a good gun man in the front seat who can see everything and it's game over.

Such a cool game. I hope it works tonight.

Ahh, ok. I was used to Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, where you could just hit Q and it would bring up the options on what you are seeing. I had a feeling you had to have someone or something lined up, then hit Q to point out the baddies.

Ya, totally digging this game. never was a MW2 fan, but this series is very good.

Now, I just ordered the parts for my new rig so I should be able to dial up everything here pretty quickly. Machine is running pretty good right now and my GTX 260 is still a beast...coupled with my new quad core, 8gigs memory and Windows 7 64bit, I am looking forward to it.

We should hook up and play online one of these times. PM me for my info and we can get online and tear some stuff up.

MoreLemonPledge
03-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I know PC is a better experience, but this just reminds me why consoles are so much easier.

HC_Chief
03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I know PC is a better experience, but this just reminds me why consoles are so much easier.

Not really in this instance. They chose a horrible button (Back) for identifying targets. That button is always used for in-game menus. I cannot think of another title that uses that button for in-game live action.

It added to the massive amounts of frustration inherrent to the gawd-awful squad system, game invite system, party system, and population of MW2 retards. I had to stop playing it before I threw a controller through the wall.

IMHO this is one game best suited to the PC. The console (360) implementation was/is shit.

thecoffeeguy
03-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Consoles have a lot of positives, but the one, HUGE, major problem for me with consoles is the controller.

Keyboard + mouse is far superior to controller in FPS games.

thecoffeeguy
03-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Was able to play a few rounds last night and had a blast.

one thing I did notice last night on the servers I did connect to, all had PB off. Makes sense with all the PB errors.

However, here is the official EA BF Bad Company 2 twitter page (great for finding updates:

http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

This game has been out, like a week? I was in a game last night where someone was already level 25! LOL....

Anyway, im level 2 right now and have a few unlocks.
Lots of medics running around it seems.
The grenade tube launchers is funny. I swear, its all the guys from MW2. :D

All in all, great game. The sound is awesome.
I really look forward to trying this out on my new rig here in a few weeks.

For those who are playing, anyone running it on Windows 7 64bit? How does it run on Windows 7?

Thats my next build, Windows 7 64bit, with 8gigs memory, AMD Quad Core 3.2ghz, GTX 260, couple 10,000 RPM drives...but I need to get a bigger monitor. My 19" is due for a refresh.

thecoffeeguy
03-09-2010, 08:12 AM

Holy crap....what were you doing to score points?
I was tinkering last night as a engineer. Hoped into a tank as the gunner. Driver and I found a very nice spot and just started blowing stuff up. When we would get damaged, driver would pop out and start repairing (I dont have the repair tool yet)....ended up with a decent score, but 3500!!

Otter
03-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Was able to play a few rounds last night and had a blast.

one thing I did notice last night on the servers I did connect to, all had PB off. Makes sense with all the PB errors.

However, here is the official EA BF Bad Company 2 twitter page (great for finding updates:

http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

This game has been out, like a week? I was in a game last night where someone was already level 25! LOL....

Anyway, im level 2 right now and have a few unlocks.
Lots of medics running around it seems.
The grenade tube launchers is funny. I swear, its all the guys from MW2. :D

All in all, great game. The sound is awesome.
I really look forward to trying this out on my new rig here in a few weeks.

For those who are playing, anyone running it on Windows 7 64bit? How does it run on Windows 7?

Thats my next build, Windows 7 64bit, with 8gigs memory, AMD Quad Core 3.2ghz, GTX 260, couple 10,000 RPM drives...but I need to get a bigger monitor. My 19" is due for a refresh.

I play on Win7 with 8gigs memory AMD Phenom II quad processor and crossfired 4870s and it works great. You'll be able to rock and roll on that machine.

Once you get med kits, ammo kits you get a lot of bonus points for resupplying squad members x amount of times. I think it's around +1000 on top of combat scores and other bonus. Same for awards like bronze, silver and gold medals.

HC_Chief
03-09-2010, 09:32 AM

Windows 7 makes everything run better. Seriously... the game will scream on that box.

As always, the key to smooth gaming = video card. That is also why I play exclusively on the 360; got tired of dumping $ on new cards every 6-12 months! :D

salame
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Holy crap....what were you doing to score points?
I was tinkering last night as a engineer. Hoped into a tank as the gunner. Driver and I found a very nice spot and just started blowing stuff up. When we would get damaged, driver would pop out and start repairing (I dont have the repair tool yet)....ended up with a decent score, but 3500!!

I played rush last night as a medic and got like 8000 after all the little bonuses and shit

thecoffeeguy
03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Is there a online stats tracking page for soldier?
There were a ton for BF 2 and BF2142...one for Bad company?

MoreLemonPledge
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Is there a online stats tracking page for soldier?
There were a ton for BF 2 and BF2142...one for Bad company?

It's down right now.

http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/soldier

thecoffeeguy
03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Had a couple go arounds last night.

Trying to still learn the maps, but hey, I ended up in 1st place some how on a Rush map. And we won!!!!

Good game. Need to get better.

Otter
03-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Apparently EA did some pretty deep server maintenance last night which should have resolved a lot of the connection issues. I logged on for about 15 minutes before work today and it was quick and painless.

We'll see how this carries over to prime time.

EA could take some pretty big steps forward with the PC gaming community after teaming up with Steam, MW2 neglecting dedicated servers and the game just being so damn awesome.

Let's get your shit together! It's supposed to be a rainy weekend.

Silock
03-11-2010, 07:46 AM
That must be why I couldn't connect last night. Going to try again today.

Otter
03-11-2010, 07:57 AM
That must be why I couldn't connect last night. Going to try again today.

Yeah, for some reason they started around 7pm est. Odd time to start server maintainence but if they get it fixed for the long run I don't mind.

Otter
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/14smlva.jpgw00t

MoreLemonPledge
03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/14smlva.jpgw00t

Nice, but my record is 16,400.

Krauss and I had a really good run tonight. Hated to get off because we won like 8 games in a row. We were consistently 1 and 2 in points... but I think he got more 1's than me. Not next time :)

Otter
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM

Krauss and I had a really good run tonight. Hated to get off because we won like 8 games in a row. We were consistently 1 and 2 in points... but I think he got more 1's than me. Not next time :)

I had a 21,000+ one last night shortly after that run but didn't take a screen shot because Win7 actually blue screened after that one. The need to find a way to simplify getting friends on the same server.

Sure-Oz
03-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Is this game better than COD mw2? How are the single player missions?

Kraus
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Is this game better than COD mw2? How are the single player missions?

Single player is decent, but not what you want to buy the game for. It only lasts 5-7 hours. In my opinion, BFBC2 and MW2 are different beasts. If you don't have a good squad or team in BFBC2, you're screwed. Teamwork is huge. I personally like how MW2 plays, it seems to play a little smoother. Smaller maps. Both are great games.

That was a blast. You helped my score a lot though. Sometimes when I'd slip up and get shot up, you'd revive me. One time on the level that was in the demo, as we were blowing up the last charge and I was mowing guys down. I had killed 3 or 4 in a couple of seconds. Got shot then immediately revived by you, mowed down 3-4 more so they couldn't disarm the charge. Ended up 34-12 that round.

We also had a pretty good run when I stole an Apache from the defenders.

Anybody else play this on the 360?

salame
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
dammit guys what time were you on?

Kraus
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
dammit guys what time were you on?

11:00 p.m. or later.

thecoffeeguy
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
BTW, how many maps are there in the default install of the game?

I know they are releasing some new maps as well??

AndChiefs
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Single player is decent, but not what you want to buy the game for. It only lasts 5-7 hours. In my opinion, BFBC2 and MW2 are different beasts. If you don't have a good squad or team in BFBC2, you're screwed. Teamwork is huge. I personally like how MW2 plays, it seems to play a little smoother. Smaller maps. Both are great games.

That was a blast. You helped my score a lot though. Sometimes when I'd slip up and get shot up, you'd revive me. One time on the level that was in the demo, as we were blowing up the last charge and I was mowing guys down. I had killed 3 or 4 in a couple of seconds. Got shot then immediately revived by you, mowed down 3-4 more so they couldn't disarm the charge. Ended up 34-12 that round.

We also had a pretty good run when I stole an Apache from the defenders.

Anybody else play this on the 360?

I play. UnknownNewbie

Munson
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I play it on the 360. I'm usually on right at midnight. My gamertag = RoyMunson58

Kraus
03-12-2010, 07:42 PM
My cousin and I should be on around 11:15 p.m.

MLP, you in?

MoreLemonPledge
03-12-2010, 08:23 PM
My cousin and I should be on around 11:15 p.m.

MLP, you in?

Should be good. I don't work until later and I might skip the gym in the morning.

AndChiefs
03-14-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm in Florida for Spring Break but I'll hit you guys up once I get back home.

salame
03-15-2010, 12:24 PM
got around to finishing the single player last night
weak last level

MoreLemonPledge
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
got around to finishing the single player last night
weak last level

Yep, a bit too much like the last couple of levels on CoD4 combined. Really short and easy, too, even on the hardest difficulty.

You, me, and Kraus tonight circa 11:00, guy.

Kraus
03-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Yep, a bit too much like the last couple of levels on CoD4 combined. Really short and easy, too, even on the hardest difficulty.

You, me, and Kraus tonight circa 11:00, guy.

I'll be there.

Kraus
03-15-2010, 06:13 PM
360 version for $40 at Dell.com

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/XBOX_360/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A3028048

salame
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2003/posters/ill_be_there.jpg

Kraus
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it at 11 p.m. might be on later.

thecoffeeguy
03-17-2010, 08:04 AM
For the PC players, do you guys make sure you connect to a server running punkbuster?

Seems like all the servers I have been connecting to lately have PB off...I dont like that. To many punks running around these days.

And I saw a few guys online last night that are like level 49....!! I laughed at that since this game has been out like what, 2 weeks? I have had the game for week and a half and im level 6. LOL

TrickyNicky
03-17-2010, 08:46 PM
My favorite class and kit atm is Medic with the semi-auto Shotty + Slugs + Ext. Shotgun clip. You can drop people from decent range and even snipe if your target stands still. I shot a pilot of a blackhawk in the head (pure luck) from a pretty fair distance.

Otter
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
For the PC players, do you guys make sure you connect to a server running punkbuster?

Seems like all the servers I have been connecting to lately have PB off...I dont like that. To many punks running around these days.

And I saw a few guys online last night that are like level 49....!! I laughed at that since this game has been out like what, 2 weeks? I have had the game for week and a half and im level 6. LOL

I don't worry about whether PunkBuster is activated or not. I think it's one of the biggest pain in the asses I've ever had to deal with in gaming. I can't count the number of times PB would be kicking some guy for listening to music or chatting while playing while somebody with a aimbot is busting up the server.

PB is junk as far as I'm concerned and makes the game worse for legit players as opposed to cheaters 90% of the time.

Kraus
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I ran over a guy with the UAV copter yesterday. :D He never saw it coming.

Otter
03-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I ran over a guy with the UAV copter yesterday. :D He never saw it coming.

Is this cross-thread humor?

Kraus
03-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Is this cross-thread humor?

Not intentionally.

TrickyNicky
03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
UAV roadkills are AWESOME. And just as awesome is taking out an objective, building, player, or tank with a C4 laden ATV that you jump off of at the last second.

Kraus
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Anybody going to be on tonight for 360?

Otter
03-19-2010, 05:47 AM
PC gaming dead? Not by a long shot, at least not for Bad Company 2. I think this is something companies like MS want people to think so they can have complete control over your experience like shutting off your XBOX online account if they see something in the hardware they don't like. I'll put up with the occasional hacker any day.

Check out these numbers:

http://bfbcs.com/

PC players dwarf both PS3 and XBOX combined.

Basileus777
03-19-2010, 11:06 AM
PC gaming dead? Not by a long shot, at least not for Bad Company 2. I think this is something companies like MS want people to think so they can have complete control over your experience like shutting off your XBOX online account if they see something in the hardware they don't like. I'll put up with the occasional hacker any day.

Check out these numbers:

http://bfbcs.com/

PC players dwarf both PS3 and XBOX combined.
I'm not surprised at all, not for a Battlefield title. Pc gaming is hardly dead anyway, if anything it's in a bit of a resurgence. Things are a lot better than they were a few years ago. There's plenty of nice PC exclusives and basically every multiplatform title that isn't a sports game gets a PC version.

Otter
03-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm not surprised at all, not for a Battlefield title. Pc gaming is hardly head anyway, if anything it's in a bit of a resurgence. Things are a lot better than they were a few years ago. There's plenty of nice PC exclusives and basically every multiplatform title that isn't a sports game gets a PC version.

I was pretty floored when I saw those numbers. Just out curiosity what do you think is the cause(s) of the resurgence to PC platform?

If I had to guess I'd say it's that game developers finally realized it wasn't going anywhere and began PC platform production again and distributors like STEAM taking on the DRM issues so effectively.

Kraus
03-20-2010, 09:19 PM
I'll be on the 360 tonight around 11:30 CST.

MoreLemonPledge
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Final Fantasy has me by the balls right now...

Kraus
03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Anybody up for a 360 Chiefsplanet. game on Wednesday night? We've got a few players now.

Pants
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Anybody up for a 360 Chiefsplanet. game on Wednesday night? We've got a few players now.

Fuck yeah. Are you going to be on tonight?

Kraus
03-22-2010, 02:40 PM
**** yeah. Are you going to be on tonight?

I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight after work... so I might be on around 1 a.m. or so if you're still up.

I can be on at 11:00 p.m. tomorrow or anytime Wednesday.

Pants
03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight after work... so I might be on around 1 a.m. or so if you're still up.

I can be on at 11:00 p.m. tomorrow or anytime Wednesday.

K, sounds good.

Buck
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Fags

AndChiefs
03-22-2010, 05:20 PM

Depends on how late it is. I have to be up early in the morning on weekdays so 11:30 is too late for me.

Kraus
03-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Depends on how late it is. I have to be up early in the morning on weekdays so 11:30 is too late for me.

I can be on anytime Wednesday.

Should we shoot for around 7 p.m.?

Pants
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Man, my buddies and I just got done playing some epic Squad DMs - I'm starting to like BC2 a lot more now. A good medic = overpowered, hahaha. You get 20x more XP playing SDMs than you do playing Conquest, it seems. My medic class will be maxed out in no time, methinks.

TrickyNicky
03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a sniper camping a high window, and then blowing the f***ing wall out with the 40mm thumper. It brings a single tear to my eye every time.

Otter
03-23-2010, 08:46 AM
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a sniper camping a high window, and then blowing the f***ing wall out with the 40mm thumper. It brings a single tear to my eye every time.

In contention:

- the stab to the back of a snipers skull
- taking out a heli with an rpg
- running over an enemy with the quad
- being the gunman in an attack heli with a good pilot

Otter
03-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Anyone wanna post their stats? http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

I'm at work right now and can't access the page because of firewall but I'm on PC with name: Gravano

I'm usually first in trying plant, capture, kill, take out etc. so my KDR sucks but I'm a hell of a squad mate. :D

MoreLemonPledge
03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/360/MoreLemonPledge

The K/D ratio sucks, but that's what happens when you play medic most of the time. The win/loss ratio is much better.

Otter
03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/360/MoreLemonPledge

The K/D ratio sucks, but that's what happens when you play medic most of the time. The win/loss ratio is much better.

Can't see if you've gotten there yet but the best medic weapon I've run across to this point is the M60 with the aim dot and barrel upgrade. You could take down helis with that puppy and the recoil isn't actually bad considering what you're pumping out.

MoreLemonPledge
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Can't see if you've gotten there yet but the best medic weapon I've run across to this point is the M60 with the aim dot and barrel upgrade. You could take down helis with that puppy and the recoil isn't actually bad considering what you're pumping out.

Yeah, I've unlocked everything for the Medic, and the M60 kicks ass. My problem is I get distracted by all my dead teammates and the 50/80 easy points I get for reviving them.

Kraus
03-23-2010, 11:13 AM
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/360/Trespasser%20989

Pants
03-23-2010, 11:16 AM
How is the skill rating calculated?

MoreLemonPledge
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
How is the skill rating calculated?

No freaking clue. It's not really an accurate rating of your skill as far as I can tell. Maybe it's better now, but I remember looking at the leaderboards a couple of weeks ago and I had better stats than a lot of people on everything but skill rating.

Otter
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
No freaking clue. It's not really an accurate rating of your skill as far as I can tell. Maybe it's better now, but I remember looking at the leaderboards a couple of weeks ago and I had better stats than a lot of people on everything but skill rating.

Does that guy in first place still have like a 140:1 KDR? I don't see how that's possible unless he's constantly in a chopper or something.

AndChiefs
03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I can be on anytime Wednesday.

Should we shoot for around 7 p.m.?

Should be do-able.

thecoffeeguy
03-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Does that guy in first place still have like a 140:1 KDR? I don't see how that's possible unless he's constantly in a chopper or something.

Saw that. His name is like Bu.Rogers or something like that.

Total hack. If you look at his weapons and kills for example, all his kills with assault rifles, pistols etc are head shots....like 1,234 kills, 1234 headshots...

AndChiefs
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Should be do-able.

Actually I lied. I have an intramural playoff game at 7:45 instead of my normal 5:45 time so won't be able to make it.

Kraus
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Anybody want to play?

Mr. Plow
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Man, when I get this game I am going to n00b it all up on you guys. Gonna be great to hear you all yelling at me.

Pants
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Man, when I get this game I am going to n00b it all up on you guys. Gonna be great to hear you all yelling at me.

You'll be taking over for me in that aspect. I felt really bad for Tresspasser last night, lol.

Mr. Plow
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
You'll be taking over for me in that aspect. I felt really bad for Tresspasser last night, lol.

I'll be the guy yelling "I'M SNIPING! I'M SNIPING!"

Pants
03-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll be the guy yelling "I'M SNIPING! I'M SNIPING!"

You'll be the one blowing yourself up with an RPG trying to repair your tank. Oh wait, that was me.

P.S. I love sniping in this game, you actually have to adjust for distance in this game.

Mr. Plow
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
You'll be the one blowing yourself up with an RPG trying to repair your tank. Oh wait, that was me.

P.S. I love sniping in this game, you actually have to adjust for distance in this game.

I'll be yelling "I'M SNIPING", yet I'll have an assault rifle.

Seriously, if I can butter up the wife this week, I'm going to try to get it this weekend.

Otter
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM

Heh, I did that too. Fun times.

Have you gotten your repair tool headshot badge yet?

Mr. Plow
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Question, does this have co-op campaign?

Kraus
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM

I think he got it last night when he hopped out to repair my tank and someone charged him.

Negative. Short Single Player campaign runs about 5-8 hours.

It wasn't bad, we were winning. Trust me, 90% of the people that play this game are flat-out retarded. Having you and my cousin made a huge difference.

Otter
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM

The whole multiplayer game is very cooperative gameplay oriented. It's team vs. team with different variations of objectives.

Except for the stinking snipers who think they don't have to help out that is.

EDIT :D

Pants
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM

Yeah, got it last night. Got "The Dentist". Shit was hilarious, dude was sitting between a tank and a building, I jumped down from the building to repair and saw him, landed on the tank and drilled him an 8th hole in the skull. ROFL

Kraus
03-26-2010, 02:32 AM
C4 is my new favorite toy.

We played mostly White Pass last night. I would randomly wire buildings with C4, then run around in them until I got an enemy's attention. When he would chase me into the building, I would run out the other side and detonate. I had probably 10-20 C4 kills last night and got a couple Destruction 2.0 ones too. Numerous double and triple kills.

An easy setup for C4 is to be an assault guy and use an alternate primary weapon (Shotgun, Thompson, G3) which allows you to carry C4 instead of the grenade launcher. Choose the high explosive and extra explosive loadouts and have fun!

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:56 AM

The average life expectancy is probably about 2 minutes but it's an awesome 2 minutes.

One minute your on foot with your squad, the next your on a jet ski, next on a boat manning a 40mm grenade launcher or driving, then driving a tank, manning a roof mounted machine gun on all kinds of vehicles, operating a TOW anti-armor missile launcher, an anti-aircraft gun, flying a helicopter, manning a machine gun in an attack helicopter, operating an UAV and calling in a missile strike, planting C4 for remote detonation...

It really is a silly good game.

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
C4 is my new favorite toy.

We played mostly White Pass last night. I would randomly wire buildings with C4, then run around in them until I got an enemy's attention. When he would chase me into the building, I would run out the other side and detonate. I had probably 10-20 C4 kills last night and got a couple Destruction 2.0 ones too. Numerous double and triple kills.

An easy setup for C4 is to be an assault guy and use an alternate primary weapon (Shotgun, Thompson, G3) which allows you to carry C4 instead of the grenade launcher. Choose the high explosive and extra explosive loadouts and have fun!

The G3 is my new engineer weapon. It's ugly, heavy and slow but when it hits it hurts. :D

Kraus
03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
I haven't quite made it to the G3 yet, can't wait until I do. I'm rank 21 or 22 right now, 26 is needed to unlock it.

Kraus
03-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Plow is in! Just don't tell his wife!

Mr. Plow
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Plow is in! Just don't tell his wife!

Damnit man. Team killing here I come. :D

Kraus
03-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Damnit man. Team killing here I come. :D

Not really possible unless you play HC, which we don't. You can blow up a building one of your buddies is camping in and collapse it on him though. Pretty funny when that happens.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Not really possible unless you play HC, which we don't. You can blow up a building one of your buddies is camping in and collapse it on him though. Pretty funny when that happens.

Well.....then.....I'll just find the most annoying thing to do and do it repeatedly.

TrickyNicky
03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
It sucks completing the classes you like the most because all that xp is wasted.

Kraus
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Well.....then.....I'll just find the most annoying thing to do and do it repeatedly.

Awesome. Wednesday night sound good?

It sucks completing the classes you like the most because all that xp is wasted.

It still goes for leveling up, but it does kind of take the fun away when there are no more unlocks. Will you be able to play Wednesday night?

TrickyNicky
03-29-2010, 04:37 PM

It still goes for leveling up, but it does kind of take the fun away when there are no more unlocks. Will you be able to play Wednesday night?

yeah ill look for you. if i dont answer right away its probably my brother or somebody playing.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Depends on when the game gets here. I think it said shipping took 2-3 days, so I'm doubting it will get here in time for Wednesday. If it does, I'll be down. If not, maybe this weekend sometime.

Kraus
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Depends on when the game gets here. I think it said shipping took 2-3 days, so I'm doubting it will get here in time for Wednesday. If it does, I'll be down. If not, maybe this weekend sometime.

I should be on Thursday too. If not, you can normally catch Pants0n and I after 11 p.m, that is if your wife lets you stay up that late.

MoreLemonPledge
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I should be on more now. I finally got my bathroom remodeled, so I have some free time. Now I just need to stop playing Final Fantasy...

Kraus
03-29-2010, 07:00 PM
I should be on more now. I finally got my bathroom remodeled, so I have some free time. Now I just need to stop playing Final Fantasy...

Sweet, Wednesday night work?

MoreLemonPledge
03-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Sweet, Wednesday night work?

I'm sure I'll be on at some point.

MoreLemonPledge
03-30-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Map Pack 2 is coming today, to get you prepared for what is in store here is a teaser trailer for you to.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bm56bhxwdDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bm56bhxwdDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Arica Harbor Conquest Mode: Take to the streets and put your infantry skills to the test! Capture strategic town positions as Arica Harbor is enhanced with Conquest Mode.

Laguna Presa Rush Mode: Capture and secure M-COM stations in Laguna Presa’s Rush Mode and discover all-new areas of the maps to take on the enemy.The map pack is available with the VIP code which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store, PC players will get the content as a game update. VIP status is also available to those on consoles without a VIP code through Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network.

To access the map pack content on console with your VIP status, go into the in-game store of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and select the VIP Map Pack 2. The maps will get added to your available map list so you can get straight into the servers and play. PC players will automatically have these maps added to the map rotation by the server providers.

Kraus
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I should be able to be on tonight around 11:20 or so.

Wa-Z
03-30-2010, 10:23 PM
is this better than mw2?

TrickyNicky
03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
is this better than mw2?

That depends. There really aren't that many choke points. You die to unseen fire a lot more than MW2 because people will get around your defenses. However, it has a spotting system to help with that. Watch the how-to-play video in the first post.

The gun play is honestly better in MW2. Thats not saying that BC2 has bad gun play or anything, its just better in MW2. However, BC2 has several things going for it: Modes that require true teamwork, destructible buildings and environments, vehicles and mounted weaponry on every map, and balanced gameplay. What I mean by that last one is that with a squad that works together, nearly any situation can be handled.

The four classes are balanced enough that they paper, rock, scissor one another.

Pants
03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
That depends. There really aren't that many choke points. You die to unseen fire a lot more than MW2 because people will get around your defenses. However, it has a spotting system to help with that. Watch the how-to-play video in the first post.

The gun play is honestly better in MW2. Thats not saying that BC2 has bad gun play or anything, its just better in MW2. However, BC2 has several things going for it: Modes that require true teamwork, destructible buildings and environments, vehicles and mounted weaponry on every map, and balanced gameplay. What I mean by that last one is that with a squad that works together, nearly any situation can be handled.

The four classes are balanced enough that they paper, rock, scissor one another.

Yeah, gun play is not nearly as good except for bullet physics. I freaking love sniping over long distances - it actually feels like you're a sniper since the maps are so massive and you have to adjust for distance (coriolis effect). I haven't tried Hardcore yet, I bet it's a lot more intense just like in MW2.

Overall, I still think MW2 is probably a better game if you like online FPS, BC2, however, FORCES you to be a lot more tactical and induces teamwork.

thecoffeeguy
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Map Pack 2 is coming today, to get you prepared for what is in store here is a teaser trailer for you to.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bm56bhxwdDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bm56bhxwdDQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Arica Harbor Conquest Mode: Take to the streets and put your infantry skills to the test! Capture strategic town positions as Arica Harbor is enhanced with Conquest Mode.

Laguna Presa Rush Mode: Capture and secure M-COM stations in Laguna Presas Rush Mode and discover all-new areas of the maps to take on the enemy.The map pack is available with the VIP code which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store, PC players will get the content as a game update. VIP status is also available to those on consoles without a VIP code through Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network.

To access the map pack content on console with your VIP status, go into the in-game store of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and select the VIP Map Pack 2. The maps will get added to your available map list so you can get straight into the servers and play. PC players will automatically have these maps added to the map rotation by the server providers.

This a free update?

Pants
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
This a free update?

Yeah, not much in it, though.

P.S. Africa Harbor Rush is freaking brutal. All about engineers and massive tank battles. Sniping on offense is dangerous as you're completely exposed in the desert. Should be a lot of fun, that one.

Kraus
03-31-2010, 04:40 PM
So I just got a message saying my skill is resetting back to zero. When I check the leaderboards it still says I have a skill of 200. Google seems to show many people getting the same message. Something about poor play. Funny because the game before I was the Ace Player in a Laguna Presa Rush round.

BTW - Laguna Presa Rush is awesome.

Anybody planning on playing tonight?

TrickyNicky
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Ill be on in a bit. Going to watch Gomi vs Florian on Spike later though.

Mr. Plow
03-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Didn't get delivered today, hopefully tomorrow.

MoreLemonPledge
03-31-2010, 07:03 PM
So I just got a message saying my skill is resetting back to zero. When I check the leaderboards it still says I have a skill of 200. Google seems to show many people getting the same message. Something about poor play. Funny because the game before I was the Ace Player in a Laguna Presa Rush round.

BTW - Laguna Presa Rush is awesome.

Anybody planning on playing tonight?

KYB and I will probably be on at the usual time.

Kraus
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
KYB and I will probably be on at the usual time.

A couple of us are on right now.

Otter
04-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Anyone else notice a lot of laggy servers since the new maps came out?

Mr. Plow
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Just looked and it's out for delivery to me this morning. Should have it by the time I get home tonight. Not sure I can play tonight, but if not, I'll be no tomorrow night.

Otter
04-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Just looked and it's out for delivery to me this morning. Should have it by the time I get home tonight. Not sure I can play tonight, but if not, I'll be no tomorrow night.

I was playing last night for about 2.5 hours in strictly pick up squads and WOW is there a big difference playing with people on the same page vs random peeps.

I'm half tempted to get a 360 for easy access to static squads. That was a bad experience after being so accustom to a regular group.

TrickyNicky
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Anyone else notice a lot of laggy servers since the new maps came out?

When we were playing together last night it seemed really laggy at first but calmed down a little.

Kraus
04-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Sweet.

AndChiefs
04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
i should be able to play tonight.

thecoffeeguy
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I was playing last night for about 2.5 hours in strictly pick up squads and WOW is there a big difference playing with people on the same page vs random peeps.

I'm half tempted to get a 360 for easy access to static squads. That was a bad experience after being so accustom to a regular group.

HUGE difference.

I am half tempted just to join a clan so I can play with the same people on a regular basis, who know what they are doing.

Plus, I hate it when I join a squad and my other 3 squad mates are all recon, sniping. :spock:

Otter
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
HUGE difference.

I am half tempted just to join a clan so I can play with the same people on a regular basis, who know what they are doing.

Plus, I hate it when I join a squad and my other 3 squad mates are all recon, sniping. :spock:

When you join a squad before you spawn you can click on the names in the bottom left hand corner. That will give you a preview of what class they are by looking at what they're wearing and where they're located on the map.

I usually join a squad, preview what class they are in it then decide from there or start my own. Really hate how they took away the option to kick people from squad. There's nothing worse than trying to put one together and a bunch of snipers join who do nothing but camp 200 meters back and don't help capture.

I really don't have a static group anymore or I'd give you the info but if you do a search on "PC Gamer" (caps matter in the search function) it's usually a good setup with snipers not ****ing everything up. I was in one of the best games last I was ever in on that server.

Name="Gravano". That's where I'm usually at. Look us up, not too many campers on that one.

Also...they have a Ventrilo server setup that people actually use and if you listen to podcasts the guys behind this one are the ones who do "PC Gamer Podcast". It's the best setup I've found so far.

Kraus
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Any 360 players going to be on tonight? I should be on in 45 minutes.

AndChiefs
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I might get on.

Mr. Plow
04-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Getting ready to kick my kids of the 360 and pop this in. Probably going to go through some of single player first....but should be on tonight for some multiplayer. Assuming the alcohol doesn't take hold and win.

Kraus
04-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I'll be on late tonight. Not sure what time I get off work because of the NCAA tournament.

Playing through the single player would help out a bit.

Mr. Plow
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll be on late tonight. Not sure what time I get off work because of the NCAA tournament.

Playing through the single player would help out a bit.

I figured it would. Help get a handle on the controls and such. I might be on late....depending on how many eggs I have to hide for the kids in the morning.

Kraus
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I need to knife some more friends... for an achievement.

I got Pant0n's and his buddy's tag already. :p

Looks like I should be on around 11:30 p.m. tonight. Anybody else in?

Mr. Plow
04-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Alcohol & hiding eggs won out.

Pants
04-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Alcohol & hiding eggs won out.

Pussy.

AndChiefs
04-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Sorry about leaving last night. You seriously sent me an invite as I was about to turn off the xbox.

thecoffeeguy
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
When you join a squad before you spawn you can click on the names in the bottom left hand corner. That will give you a preview of what class they are by looking at what they're wearing and where they're located on the map.

I usually join a squad, preview what class they are in it then decide from there or start my own. Really hate how they took away the option to kick people from squad. There's nothing worse than trying to put one together and a bunch of snipers join who do nothing but camp 200 meters back and don't help capture.

I really don't have a static group anymore or I'd give you the info but if you do a search on "PC Gamer" (caps matter in the search function) it's usually a good setup with snipers not ****ing everything up. I was in one of the best games last I was ever in on that server.

Name="Gravano". That's where I'm usually at. Look us up, not too many campers on that one.

Also...they have a Ventrilo server setup that people actually use and if you listen to podcasts the guys behind this one are the ones who do "PC Gamer Podcast". It's the best setup I've found so far.

Cool. I will look for that.

BTW, i send a friend request to you, coming from CitizenSoldierX

Kraus
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Have any of you guys listened to the idle chat in this game (in single player)? There is some good stuff.

Cave Johnson
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Ended up paying $25 for this game..... should be on by this weekend.

Mr. Plow
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm eager to try out the online for this. I've avoided it because everyone says having a group together is tons better than randoms. Anyone want to get together this week and play?

Pants
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm eager to try out the online for this. I've avoided it because everyone says having a group together is tons better than randoms. Anyone want to get together this week and play?

You can probably do randoms at least enough to just unlock the ammo box and the defib. Those will help GREATLY. You can also snipe pretty successfully by yourself, but you're probably going to be pretty useless to your team.

Kraus
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I'll be on tonight a little after 11 p.m. then I'm off the next two days so I can get on at anytime.

MoreLemonPledge
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll be on tonight a little after 11 p.m. then I'm off the next two days so I can get on at anytime.

Count me in for tonight. I'll try to get Kyb, too.

Pants
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm in as well. Prof will prolly play too. We might have 2 good squads tearing shit apart tonight, fellas.

Kraus
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Hopefully Quickies, TrickyNicky and/or Unknown Newbie will be on... that would make 2 full squads.

Mr. Plow
04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm in as well. Prof will prolly play too. We might have 2 good squads tearing shit apart tonight, fellas.

Only if I'm there - if not, you guys are going to struggle.

Nightfyre
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I picked this up and played yesterday evening. It was fun til about midnight, then we got into a bunch of gay games. One game we were literally getting base raped by an apache and, afaik there was nothing we could do about it. In another game we had a squad on our team that preferred to farm kills to say, completing the objectives.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
04-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I picked this up and played yesterday evening. It was fun til about midnight, then we got into a bunch of gay games. One game we were literally getting base raped by an apache and, afaik there was nothing we could do about it. In another game we had a squad on our team that preferred to farm kills to say, completing the objectives.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are ways to bring an Apache down. AT4, TOW, .50, anti-air are some of them. If you do this enough, the Apache will leave for repairs letting you spread out, and if it doesn't, it'll go down.

Nightfyre
04-06-2010, 02:01 PM
There are ways to bring an Apache down. AT4, TOW, .50, anti-air are some of them. If you do this enough, the Apache will leave for repairs letting you spread out, and if it doesn't, it'll go down.

Well, I'm a noob and don't much about these things. However, I did notice that I died pretty consistently within 20 seconds of spawning in that game. These guys were in the 40s and pretty on the ball with respect to killing anyone with/near any threatening equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

thecoffeeguy
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/CitizenSoldierx

Just unlocked the last Assault weapon...going to try it tonight.

Pants
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Well, I'm a noob and don't much about these things. However, I did notice that I died pretty consistently within 20 seconds of spawning in that game. These guys were in the 40s and pretty on the ball with respect to killing anyone with/near any threatening equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

That sucks man. Fortunately it doesn't happen very often.

AndChiefs
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Depends what time you guys play on whether I can get on. I've got a mid-term in the morning.

Pants
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Depends what time you guys play on whether I can get on. I've got a mid-term in the morning.

You need to prioritize your life, son. See you at 10pm sharp.

QuikSsurfer
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I finished a game last night with 7k total points.. 34 kills and 8 deaths.. i felt pretty good.. I'm probably the best medic/engineer evar!

Kraus
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
I finished a game last night with 7k total points.. 34 kills and 8 deaths.. i felt pretty good.. I'm probably the best medic/engineer evar!

Are you going to be on tonight?

QuikSsurfer
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Are you going to be on tonight?

Yes sir. I have a night class that lets out around 9.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/bf.jpg

MoreLemonPledge
04-06-2010, 09:49 PM
So... are we doing this?

AndChiefs
04-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry my priorities are in the wrong place and I'm getting some sleep so I don't fail my test in the morning. :)

Otter
04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Cool. I will look for that.

BTW, i send a friend request to you, coming from CitizenSoldierX

I didn't get a friends request for the record, not ignoring you. I thought the only way to send them was when your on the same server? Could be wrong though.

Also, they made a bunch of improvements to server side that I noticed last night:

1. could program other mouse keys besides right, middle and left. Thumb sprint and grenade launches are so much better.
2. ping is available now under server list
3. the lag from last update has been addressed pretty well

thecoffeeguy
04-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Got on last night and played a few rounds, exclusively as Assault (since I just unlocked M16A2)....that gun friggin owns. It was awesome.

Had some of my best rounds last night.

One round, I had 20 kills and 5 deaths.
Another round, I had 19 kills and 4 deaths.

Super accurate, little recoil and easy to aim.

I used this gun with a grenade upgrade and magnum ammunition for extra stopping power.

You know its a good round when you are accused of cheating. :D

MoreLemonPledge
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Got on last night and played a few rounds, exclusively as Assault (since I just unlocked M16A2)....that gun friggin owns. It was awesome.

Had some of my best rounds last night.

One round, I had 20 kills and 5 deaths.
Another round, I had 19 kills and 4 deaths.

Super accurate, little recoil and easy to aim.

I used this gun with a grenade upgrade and magnum ammunition for extra stopping power.

You know its a good round when you are accused of cheating. :D

360, PS3, or PC?