PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama proved a lot of us right on health care reform...

petegz28
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Several of us here contested that the health care bill would not allow you to keep your doctor and current plan. Some of you here and several in the media said that was hooey and crazy and all that Tea Bagging jazz. Well, Obama proved that it was not hooey...

“The last thing I will say, though — let me say this about health care and the health care debate, because I think it also bears on a whole lot of other issues. If you look at the package that we’ve presented — and there’s some stray cats and dogs that got in there that we were eliminating, we were in the process of eliminating. For example, we said from the start that it was going to be important for us to be consistent in saying to people if you can have your — if you want to keep the health insurance you got, you can keep it, that you’re not going to have anybody getting in between you and your doctor in your decision making. And I think that some of the provisions that got snuck in might have violated that pledge.” -Barack Obama 1/29/2010

petegz28
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Yea, they got "snuck in". By who? How were they snuck in when so many people said that this was the case???

No apologies needed from those who called us crackpots on the issue.

SNR
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
You know, Rush Limbaugh was talking about this a couple days ago.

Just saying...

KILLER_CLOWN
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
The bill was garbage from the beginning and it only got worse as it went along.

Donger
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Obama really shouldn't scare people like that about health care reform. Distorting the truth and twisting the facts, etc.

The Mad Crapper
02-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Just saying...

Millions of people listen to Rush... just sayin'.

And Rush just speaks the truth... just sayin'...

Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm.

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Yea, they got "snuck in". By who? How were they snuck in when so many people said that this was the case???

No apologies needed from those who called us crackpots on the issue.

It's easy to sneak things in when nobody gets to read the bill. Besides, whatever debate there was over health care reform has ended.

petegz28
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Just saying...

And Glen Beck talked about it today. Your point?

RINGLEADER
02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Obama really shouldn't scare people like that about health care reform. Distorting the truth and twisting the facts, etc.

He can't stop distroting the truth even when he believes he is telling it.

He thinks the bill "might have" violated his pledges?

Seriously?

- Debate will be out in the open and televised on C-Span. BZZZZZ (not even close)
- You can keep your current insurance. BZZZZ (only if you pay a tax for many)
- It won't cover abortion. BZZZZ (Senate struck it down and you know House was following)
- It will lower the deficit. BZZZZ (only if you used rosy projections and counted 10 years of taxes against 6 years of return)
- It will bring equality to insurance coverage. BZZZZ (look out if you're not in a union)

SNR
02-04-2010, 11:56 PM
And Glen Beck talked about it today. Your point?You hate Rush Limbaugh, and yet he discusses a lot of the views about politics you espouse. In this case, you're making a point that was the exact same thing that Rush discussed a few days ago, and you both came to nearly the exact same conclusions. I'm just wondering if you really hate Rush as much as you do.