PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama Praises Navy "Corpse-Man" (Ron Burgundy Alert)

RINGLEADER
02-04-2010, 09:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlKIfzoC8D0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlKIfzoC8D0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Does it not once, but three times...

What a tool.

petegz28
02-04-2010, 09:37 PM
LMAO ....you can't make this shit up!

Jenson71
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Ooh, yeah, that's a tricky one. Not as bad as "Colonel" though.

Colonel = looks like Coal-ohnel. Pronounced like Kernel.

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
How do you say "corps" in negro dialect?

RINGLEADER
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Seriously, this is full-metal Dan Quayle stuff here.

NewChief
02-04-2010, 09:43 PM

I believe it's roughly:

"That mothafucka I just capped."

RINGLEADER
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Oh man...

dirk digler
02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
LMAO That is pretty funny

I think we need a corpse-man for bootlegg

mikey23545
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
If GW Bush had made a gaff like this we would NEVER hear the end of it...

But this affirmative action President does it, and I doubt the MSM will even hiccup about it...

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
LMAO That is pretty funny

I think we need a corpse-man for bootlegg

It's hilarious that this guy is the commander in chief.

headsnap
02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
It's hilarious that this guy is the commander in chief.

the Agitator in Chief just happens to command the troops...

mikey23545
02-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I wonder how much time Keith Olberman will spend talking about it?...

Jenson71
02-04-2010, 09:52 PM

How much time should he spend talking about it?

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 09:53 PM

If a tree falls in the forest...

Chiefspants
02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
God that's really embarrassing, I did that in a practice round in my novice year of debate.

I'm Barack Obama?

petegz28
02-04-2010, 09:57 PM

Well, if he spent half the time he would had Bush said it I would say at least a week.

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
God that's really embarrassing, I did that in a practice round in my novice year of debate.

I'm Barack Obama?

You're probably equally qualified to be POTUS.

Chiefspants
02-04-2010, 09:58 PM
You're probably equally qualified to be POTUS.

Dude, I'm no community organizer.

Saul Good
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Dude, I'm no community organizer.

Do you know any terrorists?

Chiefspants
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Do you know any terrorists?

None off of the tip of my tongue, crap, strike two eh?

patteeu
02-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Seriously, this is full-metal Dan Quayle stuff here.

Absolutely. I wonder if Amnorix was paying attention to our current President's most recent Quayle-like performance. Seems like Obama ought to be saddled with a pretty similar albatross (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6493530&postcount=200) to me. But we know the hopeful media isn't likely to try to make it stick in this case. I won't hold my breath for an SNL skit.

fan4ever
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks like it's time to get the teleprompter to go "ebonics".

jjjayb
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Absolutely. I wonder if Amnorix was paying attention to our current President's most recent Quayle-like performance. Seems like Obama ought to be saddled with a pretty similar albatross (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6493530&postcount=200) to me. But we know the hopeful media isn't likely to try to make it stick in this case. I won't hold my breath for an SNL skit.

Come on. sheez. It's not like he said noookleeear or anything.:D

alanm
02-04-2010, 11:53 PM
It's hilarious that this guy is the commander in chief. No... It's really not. :shake:

alanm
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Dude, I'm no community organizer.That's ok Obama's not really a President.

stevieray
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
uh..the United States Marine Corps?

:shake:

Guru
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Well, in his defense, he is just reading what the TotUS tells him.

RedNeckRaider
02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Just sickening this man is an embarrassment :shake:

mikey23545
02-05-2010, 12:41 AM

Well, I guess about 8 years if it's going to be equivalent to a Bush slip-of-the-tongue...

Guru
02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Come on. sheez. It's not like he said noookleeear or anything.:DOr strategery.

The Mad Crapper
02-05-2010, 06:07 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Norman Einstein
02-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I was curious about what a corpse man was so I googled it.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=corpse+man&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g2&oq=

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=corpseman

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2010/02/025526.php

But when you actually type the proper spelling you get:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=tCBsS4u3IJTKNeG82NUE&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=corpsman&spell=1

And stories like this:
http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/Public%20Affairs%20Info/Archive%20News%20Pages/2010/100205-harris.html

The reading president needs to study phonics, or even ebonics. Better yet, he needs to get a little more connected with his military.

HonestChieffan
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
He needs to use his power as Commander in Chief to drop the word corpsman and use a new title: "person or persons of medical training" or maybe "bandage bitch"

hawkchief
02-05-2010, 08:27 AM

I'm Barack Obama?

Bet your didn't do it THREE times. It is an unusual word, and I can see doing it once while giving a teleprompter-aided speech, and then catching yourself. However, for the Commander in Chief to do it THREE times in a speech simply shows ignorance, or a complete inability to think on his feet. What a pitiful series of mistakes and embarrassment to the Offfice that he so undeservingly holds.

fan4ever
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I wonder who got fired over this...

The Mad Crapper
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM
He needs to use his power as Commander in Chief to drop the word corpsman and use a new title: "person or persons of medical training" or maybe "bandage bitch"

The Jarheads call us "doc" and Squids and Swabies call us "pecker checker" or "penis machinist".

The Mad Crapper
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Bet your didn't do it THREE times. It is an unusual word, and I can see doing it once in a given teleprompter-aided speech, and then catching yourself. However, for the Commander in Chief to do it THREE times in a speech simply shows ignorance, or a complete inability to think on his feet. What a pitiful series of mistakes and embarrassment to the Offfice that he so undeservingly holds.

The CIC should know how to pronounce it. :rolleyes:

Obviously the guy never saw Flags of Our Fathers, but I have no doubt he could quote chapter and page from Rules for Radicals.

B.O. is a commie scumbag.

2bikemike
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
With so many dead I would bet there are a lot of Corpse Man there.

RINGLEADER
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
The reading president needs to study phonics, or even ebonics. Better yet, he needs to get a little more connected with his military.

It wouldn't surprise me if, in the future, difficult and confusing words like "corpsman" are spelled "core man" for our oh so intellectually superior president.

patteeu
02-05-2010, 12:36 PM
This is actually worse than Dan Quayle's "potato(e)" incident in all probability.

In Quayle's case, he was relying on a flash card that was misspelled. In Obama's case, I'm sure the teleprompter had the word spelled right and it was just a case of Obama getting it wrong.

2bikemike
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
This is actually worse than Dan Quayle's "potato(e)" incident in all probability.

In Quayle's case, he was relying on a flash card that was misspelled. In Obama's case, I'm sure the teleprompter had the word spelled right and it was just a case of Obama getting it wrong.

IMHO he gets a lot of things wrong!

Chief Henry
02-06-2010, 09:36 AM

The libs in the media will not mention it...count on that. NBC would be having a COW about it if it were W or any other conservative.

I can't believe the TOTUS didn't have some one help him with these big words. Did he not even review this speech with the speech writer ?

patteeu
02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
The libs in the media will not mention it...count on that. NBC would be having a COW about it if it were W or any other conservative.

I can't believe the TOTUS didn't have some one help him with these big words. Did he not even review this speech with the speech writer ?

I doubt that anyone in his inner circle knows anything or cares much about the military.

Chief Henry
02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I doubt that anyone in his inner circle knows anything or cares much about the military.

I'm afraid you are right about that. Its a dam shame on so many levels.

Dr. Van Halen
02-06-2010, 10:50 AM
This is disappointing. People should know how to pronounce this word.

Warrior5
02-06-2010, 01:43 PM

I fear you are right on this.

Norman Einstein
02-06-2010, 06:53 PM

I fear you are right on this.

No fear should be had, he knows nothing about the military. I honestly doubt he even knows what their purpose is.

The Mad Crapper
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
No fear should be had, he knows nothing about the military. I honestly doubt he even knows what their purpose is.

He's a commie piece of shit.

bigfoot
02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
He never has heard of a Corpsman and doesn't know what one is....so it's no surprise he can't pronounce it.

But give him credit ..... he can say Pock ee stawn.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
He never has heard of a Corpsman and doesn't know what one is....so it's no surprise he can't pronounce it.

But give him credit ..... he can say "Let me be perfectly clear".

fyp

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
too many OBGYNS are not able to practice their love with women

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
is our children learning

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
put food on their family

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." -George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." -George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

They misunderestimated me." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -George W. Bush
"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush
"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -George W. Bush

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -George W. Bush

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush

and a whole lot more!!!

http://www.lifeisajoke.com/politics24_html.htm

So Obama said Corpse wrong...Who cares

petegz28
02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." -George W. Bush, as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." -George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

They misunderestimated me." -George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -George W. Bush
"If affirmative action means what I just described, what I'm for, then I'm for it." -George W. Bush, during the third presidential debate

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -George W. Bush

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -George W. Bush
"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." -George W. Bush

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -George W. Bush

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" -George W. Bush

and a whole lot more!!!

http://www.lifeisajoke.com/politics24_html.htm

So Obama said Corpse wrong...Who cares

Can you name all 57 States? ROFL

patteeu
02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
too many OBGYNS are not able to practice their love with women

is our children learning

put food on their family

Let me help since you obviously don't understand what's going on here. This kind of verbal gaffe would pass unnoticed if it weren't for the morons on the left who have spent so much time making a big deal about these things when any Republican from Reagan to Quayle to Bush (and now) to Palin do it. In other words, this isn't really about how dumb Obama is, it's about how dumb you and so many others like you are. Hope this clears things up.

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Let me help since you obviously don't understand what's going on here. This kind of verbal gaffe would pass unnoticed if it weren't for the morons on the left who have spent so much time making a big deal about these things when any Republican from Reagan to Quayle to Bush (and now) to Palin do it. In other words, this isn't really about how dumb Obama is, it's about how dumb you and so many others like you are. Hope this clears things up.

and now you "morons on the right" are chomping at the bit to do it too?

I get it

petegz28
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM

I get it

And the Left doesn't like having their own game thrown back at them. Obviously.

ILChief
02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
He's a commie piece of shit.

You should have more respect for the Presidency and our country than to refer to our leader in those terms

patteeu
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I get it

Direckshun would call that a swing and a miss. At least I tried.

Chief Henry
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
And the Left doesn't like having their own game thrown back at them. Obviously.

Bingo

Wyndex
02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
corpse

Norman Einstein
02-21-2010, 08:24 AM
:)

Duck Dog
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
This is reminds me when my cousin was delivering one of our Uncles (Uncle Glade) eulogy and he called him Uncle Bill, not once, not twice but three times.

Amnorix
02-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Let me help since you obviously don't understand what's going on here. This kind of verbal gaffe would pass unnoticed if it weren't for the morons on the left who have spent so much time making a big deal about these things when any Republican from Reagan to Quayle to Bush (and now) to Palin do it.

Please. Both sides do this kind of absurd nitpicking every chance they get, and it probably dates back to John Adams' Presidency, since I doubt anyone would nitpick Washington. Spare us the "you started it" lecture, since it's both wrong and, ultimately, just a childish justification.

patteeu
02-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Please. Both sides do this kind of absurd nitpicking every chance they get, and it probably dates back to John Adams' Presidency, since I doubt anyone would nitpick Washington. Spare us the "you started it" lecture, since it's both wrong and, ultimately, just a childish justification.

I can't possibly disagree any more than I do that there is anything close to equivalence here.