PDA

View Full Version : Obama The Ego-in-Chief is atarting to get creepy

HonestChieffan
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Bury the woman in an Obana T shirt and he brags like thats an accomplishment?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-She-insisted-shes-going-to-be-buried-in-an-Obama-t-shirt-83645132.html

Narcissist-In-Chief Says of Campaign Worker Who Died From Breast Cancer: 'She Insisted She's Going To Be Buried In An Obama T-Shirt'...

Yes, those are the words of the president, last night at the Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Washington. After listing his administration's accomplishments and vowing that "our most urgent task is job creation," Obama pledged to keep fighting for a national health care system. "We knew this was hard," Obama said. And then he described a letter he received from a campaign worker who suffered from breast cancer and has since died:
I got a letter -- I got a note today from one of my staff -- they forwarded it to me -- from a woman in St. Louis who had been part of our campaign, very active, who had passed away from breast cancer. She didn't have insurance. She couldn't afford it, so she had put off having the kind of exams that she needed. And she had fought a tough battle for four years. All through the campaign she was fighting it, but finally she succumbed to it. And she insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt.

Many observers have noted that the president often seems extraordinarily self-referential. It's all about him, they say. But even those critics might be a little taken aback by the "buried in an Obama t-shirt" remark. Is it really that much about him?

Others ask how some of Obama's statements would have been covered had George W. Bush made them -- for example, if Bush had pronounced "corpsman" as "corpse-man" (as Obama did twice at the National Prayer Breakfast). Had Bush mispronounced the word so badly -- and he did say some weird things -- it's likely many commentators would have rushed to fit it into their Bush-is-stupid narrative. Now, it's Obama who's sounding strange.

orange
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM
But think about this... she was fighting that whole time not just to get me elected, not even to get herself health insurance, but because she understood that there were others coming behind her who were going to find themselves in the same situation, and she didn't want somebody else going through that same thing. How can I say to her, "You know what, we're giving up." How can I say to her family, "this is too hard." How can Democrats on the Hill say, "this it politically too risky." How can... how can Republicans on the Hill say "Uh, we're better off just blocking anything from happening." That can't be the message the American people are delivering.

Sounds great to me. That must be why the audience cheered throughout.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85etiJf2LSQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85etiJf2LSQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

petegz28
02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Battled breast cancer for 4 years and no insurance? Something doesn't add up there.

orange
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Battled breast cancer for 4 years and no insurance? Something doesn't add up there.

You actually think you can buy insurance AFTER you've been diagnosed with cancer?????

The Mad Crapper
02-05-2010, 08:07 PM
You actually think you can buy insurance AFTER you've been diagnosed with cancer?????

You'd think B.O. would have hired her as the breast cancer czar.

petegz28
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM

As I understand it, breast cancer will kill you quicker than 4 years. I am just saying something doesn't add up with the story.

Reaper16
02-05-2010, 11:00 PM
You'd think B.O. would have hired her as the breast cancer czar.
I chuckled.