PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Palin: Hypocrisy and fear of Limbaugh's effect on her bottom line?

T-post Tom
02-06-2010, 12:22 PM
wild... regardless of your political quirks or view on palin & this story, limbaugh's political clout is something to behold.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-tv/arianna-sarah-palin-has-d_b_451927.html

wazu
02-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Haven't seen any context of how Rush used it, so not understanding the connection. If this is a word he uses randomly for fun, then I can sort of see what this is all about. If he was using it satirically, as is usually the case right after some major Democrat gets outed for saying something stupid, then this sounds like liberals taking things out of context once again.

BigRedChief
02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Haven't seen any context of how Rush used it, so not understanding the connection. If this is a word he uses randomly for fun, then I can sort of see what this is all about. If he was using it satirically, as is usually the case right after some major Democrat gets outed for saying something stupid, then this sounds like liberals taking things out of context once again.He wasn't playing around. He called the same people that Emauel called retards. And even if he was playing around why does that matter if its so horrible to use? You think I can say the n-word on here and just say I was playing around?

She is a big hyopcrite. I also saw a tape of Beck using the retard word on his show back in January several times.

VAChief
02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
He wasn't playing around. He called the same people that Emauel called retards. And even if he was playing around why does that matter if its so horrible to use? You think I can say the n-word on here and just say I was playing around?

She is a big hyopcrite. I also saw a tape of Beck using the retard word on his show back in January several times.

Also Gov. Perry's aide used it just recently in much the same way (calling something retarded he disagreed with). She issued a rebuke, but didn't ask that he be fired. Dennis Miller uses it all the time as well. It is in poor taste no matter how you use it, but most anyone if they are honest as used it in similar terms. "That is retarded" is different that calling someone a retard.

petegz28
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
He was making fun of Rahm. That is the context.

Slainte
02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
He was making fun of Rahm. That is the context.

Well, that makes it all alright, then...

BigRedChief
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
He was making fun of Rahm. That is the context.welll her buddy Beck used it beofre the chief of staff used it. Also so what if it was in fun? or to make a point? If its as bad as the n-word.....do we now get to use the n-word to make a point?

notorious
02-06-2010, 02:25 PM
One of the idiots is a governement official while the other is an entertainer.

No difference at all. ROFL

VAChief
02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
One of the idiots is a governement official while the other is an entertainer.

No difference at all. ROFL

And Gov. Perry's aide? She is campaigning for him so I guess that is what makes it different.

notorious
02-06-2010, 02:29 PM
And Gov. Perry's aide? She is campaigning for him so I guess that is what makes it different.

No, Rahm and Rush.

Rush makes millions from saying things like that (out of context or not), while Rahm is a high ranking government official that SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

That is the difference.

Palin needs to STFU. She is constantly hurting the Republicans.

WoodDraw
02-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Can anyone name someone that has never called someone/something retarded before? I understand its not exactly seemly, and it's not part of my go to "fuck that" collection, but I'm sure I've used the word a handful of times without thinking.

Now, I know a lot people, especially those with special needs family members, are offended by it, so it's probably not a word you want to sprinkle in your speeches. But man, get over it. At some point this entire crisis just becomes... Well you get the point.