PDA

View Full Version : General Politics My Dog

alanm
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
MY DOG
My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.
She has her food prepared for her.
She can eat whenever she wants, 24/7/365.
Her meals are provided at no cost to her.
She visits the Dr. once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.
For this she pays nothing, and nothing is required of her.
She lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than she needs, but she is not required to do any upkeep.
If she makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
She has her choice of luxurious places to sleep.
She receives these accommodations absolutely free.
She is living like a queen, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of her costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.
I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head,

Holy S#!t, my dog is a democrat!

From a commentor on Politico ROFLROFL

go bowe
02-06-2010, 09:29 PM
i've got two of those democrats in my house...

love 'em both almost as much as my own kids...

Mr. Kotter
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Or, conversely...

I should have seen the signs much earlier. It's been staring me in the face for years - perhaps it was denial on my part. But I've finally come to terms with the fact that my dog, Harriet, is a Republican.

Harriet absolutely loves people. People shower her with attention and provide her with all of the comforts of life. It's pretty easy to get Harriet to do something if you give her a treat. She is, of course, quite happy with this arrangement. The only time Harriet gets really upset at people is when they are threatening her borders: our front door and back porch, respectively.

Harriet is also very leash aggressive towards other dogs. While attached to me, safe and secure, she is constantly on the attack. She blusters and barks, daring any other dog to get anywhere near her or defy her will. When I take her to the dog park and she gets to run around off leash, Harriet always takes a go-it-alone approach, maintaining a respective distance from other dogs and only occasionally tolerating others. Harriet is a chickenhawk.

Harriet barks and lunges at buses with such violent ferociousness when we're out for a walk that strangers are often shocked and quickly walk the other way. Nor is her hatred directed at just buses - she is equally angered by commuter trains and motorcycles. She has no problem with cars, trucks, or SUVs. I've wondered how she was distinguishing among various forms of transportation and now I know: Harriet scorns environmental efficiency.

Harriet doesn't know where Osama bin Laden is and she doesn't seem to care.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog, but that doesn't mean I have to share her politics or world view.

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 05:43 AM
i've got two of those democrats in my house...

love 'em both almost as much as my own kids...

One of them your wife?

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Or, conversely...

I should have seen the signs much earlier. It's been staring me in the face for years - perhaps it was denial on my part. But I've finally come to terms with the fact that my dog, Harriet, is a Republican.

Harriet absolutely loves people. People shower her with attention and provide her with all of the comforts of life. It's pretty easy to get Harriet to do something if you give her a treat. She is, of course, quite happy with this arrangement. The only time Harriet gets really upset at people is when they are threatening her borders: our front door and back porch, respectively.

Harriet is also very leash aggressive towards other dogs. While attached to me, safe and secure, she is constantly on the attack. She blusters and barks, daring any other dog to get anywhere near her or defy her will. When I take her to the dog park and she gets to run around off leash, Harriet always takes a go-it-alone approach, maintaining a respective distance from other dogs and only occasionally tolerating others. Harriet is a chickenhawk.

Harriet barks and lunges at buses with such violent ferociousness when we're out for a walk that strangers are often shocked and quickly walk the other way. Nor is her hatred directed at just buses - she is equally angered by commuter trains and motorcycles. She has no problem with cars, trucks, or SUVs. I've wondered how she was distinguishing among various forms of transportation and now I know: Harriet scorns environmental efficiency.

Harriet doesn't know where Osama bin Laden is and she doesn't seem to care.

Don't get me wrong, I love my dog, but that doesn't mean I have to share her politics or world view.

The OP has been around for years it's been zipped around the country via email, I've never seen the one you posted. Apparently someone that might lean to the liberal side decided to counter the democrat dog email.

A little too weak for me to appreciate.

Dogs that chase busses also seem to chase cars. I've never seen a dog chase a train. All dogs protect the property they live on unless they are so mellow that they aren't paying attention. My dog barks at government workers, not the city or county guys but the feds when they come around. That must be just the pork smell they get when they come knocking.

Reaper16
02-07-2010, 06:26 AM
The OP has been around for years it's been zipped around the country via email, I've never seen the one you posted. Apparently someone that might lean to the liberal side decided to counter the democrat dog email.

A little too weak for me to appreciate.

:spock:

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 06:47 AM
:spock:

Likewise Reaper's response is pretty weak.

Reaper16
02-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Likewise Reaper's response is pretty weak.
Not a response, just a facial expression. It is bemusing that you needed to tell someone that their dog story was weak.

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Not a response, just a facial expression. It is bemusing that you needed to tell someone that their dog story was weak.

It wasn't that it was weak, it was weak that they felt it necessary to convert the one about the democrat dog.

go bowe
02-07-2010, 01:41 PM
One of them your wife?no, my wife is pretty much neutral, being an alien who can't vote and all...

the democrats are my two dogs...

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
no, my wife is pretty much neutral, being an alien who can't vote and all...

the democrats are my two dogs...

Which type of alien? Legal, illegal, extraterrestial?