PDA

View Full Version : Media Palin...using cheat notes?

Pages : [1] 2

Wyndex
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
VINTAGE PALIN MOMENT: Sarah Palin Reads Answers off of Her Hand

Palin gave her $115,000.00 speech tonight to an audience of less than enthusiastic Tea Partiers. She appeared off of her game, delivering a rather flat speech, one that at least failed to inspire shouts of “kill him!” as her campaign rallies did. So there's that.

She managed to get part way through the speech before misspeaking and saying “Alaska” instead of “America”, but what do you expect from an AIP secessionist? What are you? Some kind of elitist? Surely Putin would know what she meant, were she in the office she was mantled for.

““Nations around the world “wonder if Alaska is still that beacon of hope.” Pauses, realizes she meant America, plunges on.” Roger Ebert live tweeting the speech.

She spent a while attempting to mock the Real President for using a teleprompter, which earned her derision and scorn even from her fans on twitter. Why, you ask, would a Palin fan not enjoy a good dash of mock and awe? Perhaps because Herself was reading off of notes for the entire speech….which only served to give us a gander at the odd poof of hair attached to her real hair. Not sure what's going on there-- maybe that's "Real America" hair?

But that wasn’t the low point. The Vintage Palin moment occurred when she sat down to answer questions, which apparently had been pre-screened. So, she had a chance to study up prior to this moment.

And yet, she actually consulted notes scrawled on her hand while fishing around for the answer. As in, a handprompter. Leave it to Sarah.

God forbid she have yet another “all of ‘em and any of ‘em” moment. I mean, when she dragged that out during the Beck interview, even Beck was disgusted.

Oh, Sarah. Thank you for the entertainment. I guess the next time meanie liberal elites like Katie Couric ask Palin what she reads, she can say, "My hand."

Hypocrite Sarah Palin ranting about Obama using a teleprompter? Free. Always free. You can see this on Fox.
Sarah Palin charging to talk about a “populist” movement of the Joe Six Packs? $115,000.00
Sarah Palin cheating during a pre-screened Q and Q session? Priceless.

http://www.politicususa.com/node/7489

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtcVMTZkTZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CtcVMTZkTZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-02-07-palinhandsmaller1.jpg

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
****ing hilarious...at 1:24 you can see her sneak a look at her hand.

LMAO

LMAO

and republicans want her to be president

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=politics/2010/02/06/palin.tea.party.qa.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=politics/2010/02/06/palin.tea.party.qa.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

vailpass
02-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Should have used a teleprompter.

Slainte
02-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Sarah Palin: Future HOTUS

alanm
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Using notes requires formulation of thought giving your speech.
Using a teleprompter requires no thought at all because someone prepared your speech for you.

And yet Barry went to a Ivy league school. :eek:

Mile High Mania
02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
This looks a bit goofy... I don't mind people having notes or references when talking or speaking, but for type of thing it was kinda silly.

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Using a teleprompter requires no thought at all because someone prepared your speech for you.

Stop drinking the Salmon juice! SNL will have a field day with this!ROFL

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM

So you are saying she wrote this speech all by herself? ROFL

Wyndex
02-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Formulation of thought?

Energy
Cut Tax
Lift American Spirits

alanm
02-07-2010, 10:39 AM
So you are saying she wrote this speech all by herself? ROFLI'm saying it wasn't written out at all.
She used notes....Duh.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd rather someone do that than read dumbly off of a tele-prompter.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm saying it wasn't written out at all.
She used notes....Duh.

This. Rep even.

alanm
02-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Formulation of thought?

Energy
Cut Tax
Lift American Spirits Anyone can read off a teleprompter. You don't have to wing it.

the Talking Can
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-02-07-palincrib.jpg

headsnap
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM
did she say corpse?

alanm
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
did she say corpse?Not everyone is Harvard educated. :spock:

petegz28
02-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Not everyone is Harvard educated. :spock:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 10:55 AM

ROFL All of DC is in shock about your take on this! You and the Tea-baggers make a great team!

Wyndex
02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
She had notes for pre-screened questions so she didn't flop like always but she still managed to do so

headsnap
ROFL All of DC is in shock about your take on this! You and the Tea-baggers make a great team!

who are the Tea Baggers?!?!

Wyndex
Oh and the teleprompter deal...still with it? Did you watch the GOP Q&A? Did you witness annihilation without the use of a teleprompter?

headsnap
02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh and the teleprompter deal...still with it? Did you watch the GOP Q&A? Did you witness annihilation without the use of a teleprompter?

corpse...

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 11:07 AM

:clap:

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 11:10 AM
What is that bracelet she is wearing? Looks like it has her sons name on it! She loves the attention of the special needs crowd... all while touring the country and not taking care of said child!

|Zach|
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I am frustrated by all the heat Palin has gotten lately.

More so I am surprised people keep the teleprompter thing up in the face of reality. ROFL

vailpass
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM

ROFL
Tell me, what is your view of obama's performance as POTUS so far?

petegz28
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM

You mean when he whined that things were all "loaded questions" or blamed Bush for everything??? :eek:

headsnap
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
More so I am surprised people keep the teleprompter thing up in the face of reality. ROFL

ROFL

corpse

RINGLEADER
02-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

She is scary-level stupid and outside of her convention speech has sounded like a bumbling, ignorant, uninformed person ever sense.

BigChiefFan
02-07-2010, 11:41 AM
If this is the best the Republicans can do, there's no hope for real reform. I hate how she's hijacked the Tea Party for her own political benefit. Another empty suit, with hollow talking points.

notorious
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
and republicans politicians want her to be president.

FYP

Palin is in way over her head. Most Pub's I talk to think she is a ditz that is hurting the party a lot more then she is helping. I don't understand why the Pub's keep proping her up even though it's obvious what the public opinion is on her.

I just LOL at how dumb she comes across. She could be the smartest (certainly not), best equip person to be president (ROFL), but the way she presents herself with that squeeky voice just kills her image.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 12:05 PM

Apparently this the question and answer session. Obama obviously doesn't use the prompter for any of his press conferences with the media or with his question and answer sessions with both Reps and Dems.

This is pretty embarrassing. It is like Ashley Simpson getting caught lip syncing on SNL.

memyselfI
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Do Lite apologists really want to make this an issue? REALLY????

petegz28
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM

She is scary-level stupid and outside of her convention speech has sounded like a bumbling, ignorant, uninformed person ever sense.

yea, but she is hot!

petegz28
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Apparently this the question and answer session. Obama obviously doesn't use the prompter for any of his press conferences with the media or with his question and answer sessions with both Reps and Dems.

This is pretty embarrassing. It is like Ashley Simpson getting caught lip syncing on SNL.

Yea, he just dodged answers and whined

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Why not? Does Obama uses a teleprompter for his media sessions or his question and answer sessions?

stevieray
02-07-2010, 12:14 PM

since...just sayin'

Wyndex
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
ROFL
Tell me, what is your view of obama's performance as POTUS so far?

He could be doing a lot better, he seems to be caught up on making things work with both sides..for the time the democrats had the majority he didn't use it to his advantage to put things through he wanted to. I give him a C because really would it be any different with McCain?

Wyndex
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
You mean when he whined that things were all "loaded questions" or blamed Bush for everything??? :eek:

No I mean when he debated with several of the GOP and dismantled their arguments?

ChiefaRoo
02-07-2010, 01:01 PM
She should of used a 3" x 5" card. Other than that what's the big deal?

petegz28
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
No I mean when he debated with several of the GOP and dismantled their arguments?

LMAO, yea well I guess you need to revise that as well.

fan4ever
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Why not? Does Obama uses a teleprompter for his media sessions or his question and answer sessions?

Only because they're not scripted . . . too much.

memyselfI
02-07-2010, 01:15 PM

He hasn't had a press conference since July. And he uses teleprompters for elementary school speeches. No way Palin's hand notes can compete with that.

fan4ever
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Kind of reminds me how during the campaign I thought for sure the media wouldn't take after Palin for her lack of experience considering their candidates lack of experience...especially when she was just running for V.P. and their guy was going for the big desk...of course the inconsistancy of the argument didn't even occur to them...just like Obama's screw ups don't count to many of the people here in DC...it's when the other guy screws up that really shows how inept they are...

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
He hasn't had a press conference since July. And he uses teleprompters for elementary school speeches. No way Palin's hand notes can compete with that.

Keep telling yourself that. Everyone around the world is laughing at her today. It is Ashely Simpson and Milli Vanillii part deux.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Everyone around the world is laughing at her today. It is Ashely Simpson and Milli Vanillii part deux.

Have you even listened to her speech??? :rolleyes:

headsnap
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM

seriously...

keep telling yourself that you follower of Jimmydan Quaylecarter part deux....

Phobia
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, as somebody who has written notes on his hand I really don't see the big deal. Honestly, don't people have more to do with their lives than to analyze and debate over how a politician organizes their thoughts.

Every last one of you need to put down your computers, get OFF your asses, and do something productive today. Please.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Have you even listened to her speech??? :rolleyes:

Yes. I don't care that she uses notes or her hand during her speech everyone does that. The problem is this was the question and answer session where the questions were pre-screened.

fan4ever
02-07-2010, 01:27 PM

It's nice to see your so in touch with the pop scene...

...and she deserves to be laughed at, but she was never going to be the Republican candidate anyway...so I hope she stays the left's favorite target for a very long time.

NewChief
02-07-2010, 01:32 PM
There's plenty of other things to make fun of Palin over besides this. Complete non-issue for me.

Bearcat2005
02-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Not that I really care but is this really what all you statists have these days? Palin writes a few talking points on her hand..... not unusual. Find something to really be critical of.

ROYC75
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, as somebody who has written notes on his hand I really don't see the big deal. Honestly, don't people have more to do with their lives than to analyze and debate over how a politician organizes their thoughts.

Every last one of you need to put down your computers, get OFF your asses, and do something productive today. Please.

This !

Everybody wants to be a critic.The world is full of them, but yet everyone chimes in as being the smartest person on the planet when they criticize another.:shake:

Chiefshrink
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
The reason Obama "has to use" a telemprompter is first and foremost he cannot speak to the "issues" off the cuff without getting off the Marxist communist script which is why you get the "and uh and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" responses. Again I refer back to the Rick Warren Saddleback Church Forum debate.

The second big reason you will rarily see Obama without his "pacifying teleprompter" is because the radical left believe in the dictatorship image of their so-called "ideal leader" and must be brainwashing at all times. Obama with his gifted arrogance,presence and speaking abilities fits this image beautifully for them. Thus Obama will 'always' be "bitchslapping" the uneducated masses of this country.

Bottom line: Obama and the WH are soooooooooooooooo 3rd World in their approach to their communication to the people. Get in line or "we will make you obey".

|Zach|
02-07-2010, 01:58 PM
he cannot speak to the "issues" off the cuff

It is like you people just create these fantasy worlds.

Hey, you have no updated the birther thread. What is going on with all of that. You used to have an update thread.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
It's nice to see your so in touch with the pop scene...

...and she deserves to be laughed at, but she was never going to be the Republican candidate anyway...so I hope she stays the left's favorite target for a very long time.

She said today she may run. Like I said I don't care she used notes for her speech using the notes on her hand during a question\answer session or an interview is a different subject.

When was the last time you saw somebody look at the notes on their hand during an interview?

irishjayhawk
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
This !

Everybody wants to be a critic.The world is full of them, but yet everyone chimes in as being the smartest person on the planet when they criticize another.:shake:

Weird, I don't remember you taking this attitude when you kept posting post after post of why Obama scared the living shit out of you and were a huge critic of him and his campaign.

Interesting that when the shoe is on the other foot, everyone's just being an armchair critic.

Also, nice concern troll play by Phobia.

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM

Hate the hat, love the comment.

Do you speak often? You might be able to give some pointers to the Professor(president). But then you might have a clear concept of America and his tends to be what he's told by the liberal handlers.

bowener
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Are you really this stupid?

A teleprompter is a digital form of a written speech. It is the exact same ****ing thing. Neither of them write their own speeches, teams write them, as they have for most of the last 60 or more years, if not longer.

Do you really want all your politicians writing their own speeches every time? They takes weeks or months to prepare for shorter ones. Can you imagine preparing and memorizing or freely speaking for an hour or more about something like the state of the union without boring the shit out of everyone or tripping up or giving an incoherent meandering speech?

Jesus christ.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM

You are aware if Palin would have had a team of writers setting up her telepromptered speeches that McCain may have been in the WH rather than Obot?

Palin had little help when thrust into the national political game. She was ill prepared for the political business as it was conducted. In her debate with Biden she held her own. She lost but somene that had been in the national political game for a few weeks to hold their own against a 20 year plus experienced politician should have told the liberals something.

I doubt they could see through the veil of hate they had for Bush to even consider what the possibilities were going to be.

Dallas Chief
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
since...just sayin'

Right. He was trying to say she doesn't have any common since. :)

Chiefshrink
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM
You are aware if Palin would have had a team of writers setting up her telepromptered speeches that McCain may have been in the WH rather than Obot?

Palin had little help when thrust into the national political game. She was ill prepared for the political business as it was conducted. In her debate with Biden she held her own. She lost but somene that had been in the national political game for a few weeks to hold their own against a 20 year plus experienced politician should have told the liberals something.

I doubt they could see through the veil of hate they had for Bush to even consider what the possibilities were going to be.

THIS!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

HonestChieffan
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Im not a Palin supporter but I think the shallowness of her critics is astounding. And the value she gets from this is just growing support. Sorta interesting to watch it evolve.

go bowe
02-07-2010, 02:54 PM
possibilities?

would you care to elaborate? /donger

WoodDraw
02-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I have nothing to add other than I think it's mildly funny and quite possibly the worst cheat sheet ever (Oh shit, what do I say? *Look down* Ah, got it - "I think the answer is to lift American spirts..").

But I googled Gaylord Opryland because I had vaguely heard of it before, but couldn't place it. That place is the largest non-casino hotel in the world! Holy shit. You'd think that's something I should know... I need to start attending some tea parties.

orange
02-07-2010, 03:10 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.politicsdaily.com/media/2009/03/83389137.jpg

They ALL use it.

This hand business... that might be unique.

orange
02-07-2010, 03:14 PM
corpse...

President...

petegz28
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.politicsdaily.com/media/2009/03/83389137.jpg

They ALL use it.

This hand business... that might be unique.

Nice try, dickbag :D, but the speech in question did not include the use of teleprompters.

orange
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Not that I really care but is this really what all you statists have these days? Palin writes a few talking points on her hand..... not unusual. Find something to really be critical of.

I love how she flubbed it up and had to rewrite it.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I love how she flubbed it up and had to rewrite it.

Your perfection has the rest of us common folk in awe. In awe, I say!

orange
02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Nice try, dickbag :D, but the speech in question did not include the use of teleprompters.

Here you go, dickbaglicker:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BYW4anrHl_8/SsKXqjF63SI/AAAAAAAAAPE/Qv7g3549kuc/s320/Teleprompter+Sarah+Palin+VP+speech+at+RNC+line.jpg

Enjoy.

p.s. There's nothing wrong with teleprompters. This only matters because rightwingers have stupidly flocked to teleprompter-fauxtrage wrt Obama.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Here you go, dickbaglicker:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BYW4anrHl_8/SsKXqjF63SI/AAAAAAAAAPE/Qv7g3549kuc/s320/Teleprompter+Sarah+Palin+VP+speech+at+RNC+line.jpg

Enjoy.

p.s. There's nothing wrong with teleprompters. This only matters because rightwingers have stupidly flocked to teleprompter-fauxtrage wrt Obama.

Still not the speech in question. JFC, just stop already. I am tired of laughing at you.

mikey23545
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Obama, the Head Corpse-Man in Charge, can't even form a complete sentence if he doesn't read it from the teleprompter. Listening to him speak extemporaneously is hilarious...

petegz28
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes. I don't care that she uses notes or her hand during her speech everyone does that. The problem is this was the question and answer session where the questions were pre-screened.

BFD. :rolleyes:

orange
Still not the speech in question. JFC, just stop already. I am tired of laughing at you.

She uses a teleprompter at every speech - I guess they just rolled that one out for laughs, though.

I NEVER tire of laughing at you. Keep pimping Miss Alaska. LMAO

NewChief
Obama can't even form a complete sentence if he doesn't read it from the teleprompter. Listening to him speak extemporaneously is hilarious...

Yes, it was pretty hilarious the way he extemporaneously bitchslapped the Republicans the other night.

ROYC75
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Weird, I don't remember you taking this attitude when you kept posting post after post of why Obama scared the living shit out of you and were a huge critic of him and his campaign.

Interesting that when the shoe is on the other foot, everyone's just being an armchair critic.

Also, nice concern troll play by Phobia.

Uh, News flash, The elections are over, Obot got in. Palin is not running for anything that we know of yet, yet the Liberals are ready to blast at the slightest thing wrong in fear that maybe she does become popular across the country .

I am more concern now as to what Obo and the Dem's control of the hill will do than anything Palin might do. Her hand notes, etc. has nothing to do with the direction or shape of this country right now. As you stated, I feared Obo then, still do, just look around. The shape of the country is all his now, he can't continue to blame Bush & Co. Every elected President always blames the guy before.

Nothing new,except that Sarah Palin on the political stream scares a lot of Dems and Liberals.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 03:45 PM
BFD. :rolleyes:

Of course if it was Obama you would be crying like a man that was afraid of black guy because his light was too bright.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes, it was pretty hilarious the way he extemporaneously bitchslapped the Republicans the other night.

LMAO, yeah, blaming Bush is a real bitch slap. :eek:

NewChief
02-07-2010, 03:50 PM
LMAO, yeah, blaming Bush is a real bitch slap. :eek:

Give me a break. It's been pretty much universally acknowledged that Obama came off as capable, informed, and intelligent in that exchange. To act like it was anything less than a net positive performance is to be a partisan hack. You might not have liked what he had to say, but he came off well in his delivery. I know that you all hate to abandon the TOTUS meme, but it just makes you look silly to persist in it.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Give me a break. It's been pretty much universally acknowledged that Obama came off as capable, informed, and intelligent in that exchange. To act like it was anything less than a net positive performance is to be a partisan hack. You might not have liked what he had to say, but he came off well in his delivery. I know that you all hate to abandon the TOTUS meme, but it just makes you look silly to persist in it.

No shit. Alot of liberals and Dems had BDS (Bush derangement syndrome) and now there is alot of ODS coming from the other side.

Jenson71
02-07-2010, 04:02 PM
She's pathetically clueless. Taking out a sheet of paper from her pocket and saying "Well, I wrote some things here. . ." would have been much better.

orange
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Nothing new,except that Sarah Palin on the political stream scares a lot of Dems and Liberals.

Actually, we're too busy laughing at her to be afraid.

It's like when people here - both Liberals and Conseratives - were mocking and ridiculing Giuliani and rexcjake throughout the Primaries last year. It wasn't because everybody was afraid of Rudy - it was because Rudy was so eminently mockable and ridiculous.

Jenson71
02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Uh, News flash, The elections are over, Obot got in. Palin is not running for anything that we know of yet, yet the Liberals are ready to blast at the slightest thing wrong in fear that maybe she does become popular across the country .

I am more concern now as to what Obo and the Dem's control of the hill will do than anything Palin might do. Her hand notes, etc. has nothing to do with the direction or shape of this country right now. As you stated, I feared Obo then, still do, just look around. The shape of the country is all his now, he can't continue to blame Bush & Co. Every elected President always blames the guy before.

Where do we begin in pointing out how wrong this is? Palin and the opposition party, the public, the media, etc, does have a shape of where this country goes. We're not an absolute dictatorship. Palin matters. The Tea Party matters. The Republican party, even those not in office, matter. If it didn't, we would have health care reform right now. It would have passed in May. The shape of the country is significantly led by Obama, but it's not "all his now."

When Sarah Palin was chosen by the Republicans as the vice president nominee, it was a mockery of our system. She had no business being there. She was ignorant of the federal system. She was ignorant of foreign policy. She was intellectually bankrupt. It was pathetic. It was embarrassing. Her ideas came from hour long sessions with McCain's aides who fed her everything that she was supposed to believe in. We are the most important nation in the world. And Sarah Palin was so close to becoming our vice president. Throwing aside the partisan glasses, that was horrifying. It was much worse than Democrats nominating a relatively inexperienced intellectual media darling.

Further taking off the partisan glasses, John McCain is a pretty solid senator who would have made a fine, competent president. His problem was putting far too much trust in the party strategists who thought the pretty face from outside Washington would have carried him to the White House.

2bikemike
02-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow, What does she have 6 freaking words written on her hand? It sounds like people are reaching on this one.

VAChief
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow, What does she have 6 freaking words written on her hand? It sounds like people are reaching on this one.

Could be, although if you only needed six words why bother at all?

Messier
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Well then it's worse. She couldn't remember those six words?

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
She's pathetically clueless. Taking out a sheet of paper from her pocket and saying "Well, I wrote some things here. . ." would have been much better.

I doubt that taking a piece of paper out of her pocket would have changed the reaction by you and the libtards of her "shortcoming".

Regardless of your opinion of her she would still be better in the White House than the walking talking abortion we now have.

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Well then it's worse. She couldn't remember those six words?

The order of the topics she wanted to cover. I'm sure you could do better so I suggest you jump right in the middle of the politicing and get yourself the big money making speeches.

Energy and Tax are two of the topics she discussed. Did you listen to the speech? Or are you just interested in attacking someone because they don't measure up your personal hero the TOTUS?

Messier
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
The order of the topics she wanted to cover. I'm sure you could do better so I suggest you jump right in the middle of the politicing and get yourself the big money making speeches.

Energy and Tax are two of the topics she discussed. Did you listen to the speech? Or are you just interested in attacking someone because they don't measure up your personal hero the TOTUS?

I don't know, other politicians are able to do what she did with out the hand notes.

You know for a fact if this was Obama you would be so kind, so drop the excuses for her.

jjjayb
02-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Yep, meanwhile Obama, who needs a teleprompter to speak to 6th graders, still turns into the UMMMMM AHHHHH machine when he goes off the teleprompter.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:19 PM

Yeah, he was professional in his blaming of Bush and dodging questions. ROFL

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Yep, meanwhile Obama, who needs a teleprompter to speak to 6th graders, still turns into the UMMMMM AHHHHH machine when he goes off the teleprompter.
That's better than a "don't cha know" machine! She is pathetic!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZeJpsis9Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZeJpsis9Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
That's better than a "don't cha know" machine! She is pathetic!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZeJpsis9Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZeJpsis9Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:rolleyes:

NewChief
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah, he was professional in his blaming of Bush and dodging questions. ROFL

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows you're a partisan shill around here. I'm also pretty sure that people know I'm somewhat fair and evenhanded in my evaluations of things. So, yeah... Fuck off, hack.

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone knows you're a partisan shill around here. I'm also pretty sure that people know I'm somewhat fair and evenhanded in my evaluations of things. So, yeah... **** off, hack.

Yep we know about ol Petey boy and he is comical/pathetic at best! Oh he does really like/need the attention!

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone knows you're a partisan shill around here. I'm also pretty sure that people know I'm somewhat fair and evenhanded in my evaluations of things. So, yeah... **** off, hack.

:deevee:

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Yep we know about ol Petey boy and he is comical/pathetic at best! Oh he does really like/need the attention!

Maybe I should blame it on Bush???? :hmmm:

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Maybe I should blame it on Bush???? :hmmm:

Maybe you should meld Warcraft and Palin into a video game were you could Cyber-Poke her and not spend so much damn time on DC defending Bush! :) And Petey please stop looking at my profile!

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know, other politicians are able to do what she did with out the hand notes.

You know for a fact if this was Obama you would be so kind, so drop the excuses for her.

How many other politicians have you actually watched to see if they wrote anything on their hands? This is a case of anything Palin does is drawing fire, I submit that the liberals are still harboring quite a bit of fear that she will be in the race against Obama. In reality I think the tide has turned and even liberal women would be willing to vote for Palin rather than to spend another 4 years of a pretty face and noting between the ears, politically speaking.

I'm not an obama fan, but he wouldn't have notes on his hand. His handlers wouldn't do that, they write their notes on the teleprompter. (See corpseman)

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Maybe you should meld Warcraft and Palin into a video game were you could Cyber-Poke her and not spend so much damn time on DC defending Bush! :)

Yes, I defend Bush oh so much. I think you have me confused with patteu.

VAChief
02-07-2010, 07:56 PM
How many other politicians have you actually watched to see if they wrote anything on their hands? This is a case of anything Palin does is drawing fire, I submit that the liberals are still harboring quite a bit of fear that she will be in the race against Obama. In reality I think the tide has turned and even liberal women would be willing to vote for Palin rather than to spend another 4 years of a pretty face and noting between the ears, politically speaking.

I'm not an obama fan, but he wouldn't have notes on his hand. His handlers wouldn't do that, they write their notes on the teleprompter. (See corpseman)

Have you seen her poll numbers with women? Anything is possible I suppose, but it would have to change quite a bit from where she is viewed now.

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes, I defend Bush oh so much. I think you have me confused with patteu.

Petey28= Patteu in mind set and both wear Tea Bagger goggles! I'm sure he will be around here soon you guys f-in live on DC!

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Have you seen her poll numbers with women? Anything is possible I suppose, but it would have to change quite a bit from where she is viewed now.

WTF would anyone care about her poll numbers? She isn't running for anything but a sexy figure and good health. She isn't an elected official. I couldn't care less about the poll numbers of someone like that. That is like saying, "have you seen RFK's poll numbers?"

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM

Don't discount another 3 years of Obama.

petegz28
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Petey28= Patteu in mind set and both wear Tea Bagger goggles! I'm sure he will be around here soon you guys f-in live on DC!

You seem to be doing a good job of claiming some real estate here for yoursef.:thumb:

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Don't discount another 3 years of Obama.

And don't discount another 3 years of Palin! That little problem will take care of herself! :)

petegz28
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
And don't discount another 3 years of Palin! That little problem will take care of herself! :)

Yes, cause Palin is running what? Oh yea, her mouth, that's it.

WilliamTheIrish
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
This has to be photoshop fodder for all time.

orange
02-07-2010, 09:37 PM
This has to be photoshop fodder for all time.

In the SNL version, which body part will she NOT consult?

1) Ankle
2) Thigh
3) Cleavage
4) None of the above.

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
In the SNL version, which body part will she NOT consult?

1) Ankle
2) Thigh
3) Cleavage
4) None of the above.

:thumb: it's gonna be great!

Donger
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
That's f*cking embarrassing, and not exactly surprising.

max sleeper
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
http://www.sarahpac.com/

Everyone get your pocket books out and donate ASAP! :rolleyes:

NewChief
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
So I'm still saying no big deal.

That being said, I'm going to throw some more fodder out there: There's only like 6 phrases written on her hand. I don't know whether to take comfort in this or be even more frightened. On one hand (ha ha), it means that she didn't really need that much help. It's not like she's using some crib sheet with 1000s of terms scribbled on it. On the other hand (even more ha ha), it means that she needs a list of 6 talking points to refer to. 6 talking points. Can she not memorize 6 fucking talking points?

sportsman1
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Thoughts from a Conservative activist as myself:

1) Tea-Party movement IMO has been hijacked by the republican party, and continues to prove as a joke. There are many "organizations" set up that do what they are now doing. They have made a real joke of themselves IMO with the Convention.
2) Sarah Palin is the Republicans version of BO. She has limited experience, gives canned speeches, and by quitting her term as Gov. proved to be phony to me (I liked her before she got all the national acclaim).
3) If the republican party really cared about getting America on the right track it would elect someone who wasn't an attention whore seeking glory hog. Someone who doesnt want the job, but really wants to SERVE. Palin, and the Tea Parties are not the answer. A further drag down the hole of a wolves in sheep's clothing.

Donger
02-07-2010, 10:02 PM
If she needs to use notes to relate the three things that need to happen if the GOP regains Congress, she has no place, and I mean no place, anywhere on the national scene.

Period.

Taco John
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
It boggles my mind that anybody would take any time to defend this. It's easily one of the dopiest things I've seen in politics. Real Dan Quayle stuff here.

dirk digler
02-07-2010, 11:05 PM
If she needs to use notes to relate the three things that need to happen if the GOP regains Congress, she has no place, and I mean no place, anywhere on the national scene.

Period.

It boggles my mind that anybody would take any time to defend this. It's easily one of the dopiest things I've seen in politics. Real Dan Quayle stuff here.

Wow color me shocked. I totally agree with both of you. Having notes on her hand for a speech is no big deal. Using those notes on her hand to answer pre-screened questions that she knew in advance is really pathetic and embarrassing.

fan4ever
02-07-2010, 11:24 PM
She said today she may run. Like I said I don't care she used notes for her speech using the notes on her hand during a question\answer session or an interview is a different subject.

When was the last time you saw somebody look at the notes on their hand during an interview?

She can say whatever she wants; doesn't mean she'll be the nominee...and in my quote I said she deserved to be laughed at; the writing on her hand is ridiculous...

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM

Period.

Looked like 5 things to me. I have no problem with having a list, written on her hand or on her tit or on an index card. She didn't have the everpresent teleprompter like obama has.

I have more respect for her list written on her hand than I do with Obama's teleprompter while talking to grammar school kids.

I doubt she would ever stand a chance of gettign the nomination, but she must have the libs running scared for some reason, otherwise why pay any attention to her? Are they attacking just for the sake of hate?

If she is really of no importance to them why not just stand back and enjoy the show? The libs are spending more to ridicule her than necessary if they actually feel she has nothing to offer.

WoodDraw
02-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Well now I'm slightly more amused. I guess someone blew up the image and it reads:

[crossed out]Budget[/] Tax cuts

Yay for fiscal conservatism. LOL

Norman Einstein
02-07-2010, 11:40 PM

Then why are the libs worried? Money down the drain for the next three years fighting someone you all think is of no consequence.

Donger
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Looked like 5 things to me. I have no problem with having a list, written on her hand or on her tit or on an index card. She didn't have the everpresent teleprompter like obama has.

I have more respect for her list written on her hand than I do with Obama's teleprompter while talking to grammar school kids.

I doubt she would ever stand a chance of gettign the nomination, but she must have the libs running scared for some reason, otherwise why pay any attention to her? Are they attacking just for the sake of hate?

If she is really of no importance to them why not just stand back and enjoy the show? The libs are spending more to ridicule her than necessary if they actually feel she has nothing to offer.

Look again at the first Youtube video in the OP. Three things, and she shouldn't need notes for that.

Are you kidding on the rest? She's an embarrassment. THAT'S why the left loves her.

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Look again at the first Youtube video in the OP. Three things, and she shouldn't need notes for that.

Are you kidding on the rest? She's an embarrassment. THAT'S why the left loves her.

I'm not really interested enough in what she has to say to listen to the video in the OP.

The left loves her? Maybe, but as long as they focus on her they are shooting themselves in the foot.

The left is spending tremendous amounts of money to point out each and every little issue, I'd say that even if she isn't politically adept she is at the very least helping them squander away their money. But that's probably OK, Obama will bail out the democrat party just in time for the next election. Oops, there goes your tax dollars again.

googlegoogle
02-08-2010, 02:59 AM

exactly

googlegoogle
02-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Obama is a nice speechmaker and that's all he knows.

We are tired of speeches.

Taco John
02-08-2010, 03:23 AM
If I go into a strategy meeting with my boss, and I'm reading notes I've written on my hand, I'm probably not going to be next in line for that big promotion that I'm hoping for.

Just a hunch.

Taco John
02-08-2010, 03:26 AM
I can't believe anybody would spend any time bothering to defend this...

How can anyone criticize Obama as a qualified presidential candidate and support Palin in consecutive breaths? It makes my head want to explode.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2010, 06:11 AM

How can anyone criticize Obama as a qualified presidential candidate and support Palin in consecutive breaths? It makes my head want to explode.

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with an application of critical thinking and everything to do with a rigid adherence to ideology above all else.

People who support Palin would, and I sincerely believe this, vote for a janitor with an IQ of 80 for president if, and this is the most important part, they were told to do so by their desired right wing media outlet.

Portmanteaus like "sheeple" get thrown around far too much, but this thread is a no clearer example of the relevance of such a term.

Slainte
02-08-2010, 06:33 AM

Palin has --to paraphrase Dennis Miller-- surpassed Dan Quayle to become the rosetta stone of contemporary American political comedy...

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 06:34 AM

How can anyone criticize Obama as a qualified presidential candidate and support Palin in consecutive breaths? It makes my head want to explode.Obama fits your mould as a president? Obama has never been in charge of this country. The guy that funds the democrats party is behind everything he does and you know his name, George Soros.

What I find most amusing is the time spent, here and by the democratic party, rebuffing Palin for anything she might do. Again I will say that they have to be worried about something with her or they/you wouldn't spend so much time having a hissy fit over things she does.

I doubt she is going to attempt to run for the office. At the moment she can command big bucks on the speaking tour and is raking it in.

Direckshun
02-08-2010, 06:53 AM
I don't really care. I mean, it's obviously the opposite of being Presidential, but she's not nor will she ever be the President. She's a media pin-up, and this is about par for the course for her.

I just cannot believe that people believe the hype about Obama and the teleprompter. Even considering you folks hate the guy as much as you do, this is just the dumbest possible angle to take on Obama. No independent will ever buy it. He's too good on his feet, he does too many interviews, he's written two books (Dreams From My Father was all his own), he's excelled in the handful of events where it would literally be impossible to have a script worked out, and oh yeah, there's the factor where literally every single President lives by the telemprompter so long as it's existed.

I know it's essentially a dog whistle issue. Obama opponents such as you guys don't bring it up because you actually believe it, you say it to bring the cheers and high-fives of those who agree, and ostensibly the ire of Obama supporters like myself, who you think are disgruntled by this line of attack.

But as far as I know, and I hope you folks can trust that I know my share of liberals and Obama supporters, we don't really care about it. We are astounded that anybody would commit themselves to this line of attack outside of obvious mouths-for-hire like Hannity, who's accused everybody he disagrees with of needing their thoughts scripted out by other people. (I remember him dogging Matt Damon for reading scripts written by other people -- when Matt Damon has an Oscar for screenwriting.)

It's such an intellectually bankrupt argument I simply have to believe the people making it don't believe it. They're saying it just to insult Obama and his supporters, but in the crossfire it just ends up insulting the intelligence of moderates and independents.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Where was Obama's teleprompter when he owned 141 Republicans at the same time? Jezzz you got enough to deride him for, stick to the "real" issues. Obama is clearly one of the most intelligent presidents we've had lately. That by itself doesn't mean chit, see Jimmy Carter. but, he was and is "Presidential" ready as most that hold the office regardless of how you view his policies.

Palin is a frigging joke. Writing crib notes on your hand. And very basic notes. jeeezzz you should know those subjects thourghly if you want to speak publically about those issues.

Palin 2012!

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Because it has absolutely nothing to do with an application of critical thinking and everything to do with a rigid adherence to ideology above all else.

People who support Palin would, and I sincerely believe this, vote for a janitor with an IQ of 80 for president if, and this is the most important part, they were told to do so by their desired right wing media outlet.

Portmanteaus like "sheeple" get thrown around far too much, but this thread is a no clearer example of the relevance of such a term.

I am surprised we haven't had the obligatory you voted for hope and change nonsense.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow. This might seal the deal for her. ROFL

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 08:28 AM

Like him or hate him, Obama is at least undeniably intelligent. Palin, umm, lacks that particular item on her resume.

|Zach|
02-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Any supposedly proud American should know this by heart without writing it on her hand.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Konami_Code.svg/500px-Konami_Code.svg.png

NewChief
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Like him or hate him, Obama is at least undeniably intelligent. Palin, umm, lacks that particular item on her resume.

There are those on here who will deny it. It's mind boggling.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Like him or hate him, Obama is at least undeniably intelligent. Palin, umm, lacks that particular item on her resume.The line worker at the assembly plant may believe the same things as I do but that doesn't qualify him/her to be President. And if they are good looking and TV friendly and can even memorize a few zingers still doesn't make them qualified to be President.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Amazing that the conversation in support of the O is to focus on Sarah Palin. Wouldnt it be nice if the administration could lead just one issue?

Tis a bad sign.

stevieray
02-08-2010, 09:06 AM
you guys are obsessed with a private citizen who yields no power...I've never seen so many people devote so much energy towards someone they deem soooooooo irrelevant and ignorant.

that is mindboggling.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Amazing that the conversation in support of the O is to focus on Sarah Palin. Wouldnt it be nice if the administration could lead just one issue?

Tis a bad sign.

God forbid we interrupt the daily bashing of Obama to bash a dumb Sarah Palin. Don't worry tomorrow we can go back to your favorite past time.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
you guys are obsessed with a private citizen who yields no power...I've never seen so many people devote so much energy towards someone they deem soooooooo irrelevant and ignorant.

that is mindboggling.

She is a very public figure and she puts herself out that way so she only has herself to blame. And since she is part of Fox News she is part of the media now and fair game.

She also is no different that bashing NFL players or celebrities.

Cannibal
02-08-2010, 09:14 AM
If Palin would have went back to her home in Alaska after quitting her Governor job mid term instead of going on every show on TV, I doubt anyone would really be talking about her at all.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 09:14 AM

that is mindboggling.She is a member of the media. A former VP candidate of a major party. She's fair game.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM

Tis a bad sign.It would also be amazing if the neo-cons would realize that she is not Presidential material, that she doesn't have the intelligence to be President. They just keep ignoring the issue.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
It would also be amazing if the neo-cons would realize that she is not Presidential material, that she doesn't have the intelligence to be President. They just keep ignoring the issue.

I dont think she is either but we ended up with Obama so I'm not sure you or my definition of presidential material is valid anymore.

I thought a neo-con was like the moderate/left in the republican party. I hate these definitions anyway. Is it neo-cons who are behind Palin?

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 09:37 AM
I dont think she is either but we ended up with Obama so I'm not sure you or my definition of presidential material is valid anymore.

I thought a neo-con was like the moderate/left in the republican party. I hate these definitions anyway. Is it neo-cons who are behind Palin?neo-cons are the right of the Republican party. At least my understanding of the term.

I think you have to be intelligent to be President. It's a "must-have". You have to think in the abstract, out think your enemies, plan four moves down the line on some issues. And I'm not talking politics here.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
neo-cons are the right of the Republican party. At least my understanding of the term.

I think you have to be intelligent to be President. It's a "must-have". You have to think in the abstract, out think your enemies, plan four moves down the line on some issues. And I'm not talking politics here.

Im confused. But whats new?

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM

I thought a neo-con was like the moderate/left in the republican party. I hate these definitions anyway. Is it neo-cons who are behind Palin?

What is your definition of presidential material?

Extra Point
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Palin cost McCain the presidential election. The media handed Obama the election. I'd like to see/liked to have seen Huckaby with money behind him. Sadly, there is no room in the media-driven, attention-whoring presidential race for the middle of the road.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Palin cost McCain the presidential election. The media handed Obama the election. I'd like to see/liked to have seen Huckaby with money behind him. Sadly, there is no room in the media-driven, attention-whoring presidential race for the middle of the road.

No, Bush/Cheney cost McCain and all Republicans the entire elections of 2006 and 2008. Palin was like the fumble that your team made when you're already losing 35-7 in the fourth quarter.

|Zach|
02-08-2010, 10:20 AM
No, Bush/Cheney cost McCain and all Republicans the entire elections of 2006 and 2008. Palin was like the fumble that your team made when you're already losing 35-7 in the fourth quarter.

I disagree. Palin energized a base that was already going to vote for McCain and turned away independents.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
What is your definition of presidential material?

It sure isn't our current President thats for sure.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 10:33 AM

How intelligent can he be when he can't even pronounce "corpseman" or
when he needs a teleprompter infront of a a group of jr. high students ???

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
when he needs a teleprompter infront of a a group of jr. high students ???so he was just lucky when he totally owned 141 Republican congressman?

See I don't get this track of thought by Republicans. He's not intelligent? come on...jeeezzz intelligence is just part of being a good president. Being intelligent doesn't mean you will be a good president, see Jimmy Carter.

NewChief
02-08-2010, 10:37 AM

1) I'm sure you've never misprounounced a word you're unfamiliar with.
2) That's a mischaracterization of the speech. It was a televised speech that wasn't even in front of an audience. The school was a backdrop for the speech. When he actually spoke to the audience/kids there was no teleprompter.

I really, really dislike having to come on here and defend Obama. If his opponents would at least be honest in their criticism, then I wouldn't have to go to the trouble.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Go show the word corpsman to 100 people who never served in the military and see how they pronounce it. It's just not a word that is used all that often in the "real world", and so he never heard it and who the hell cares.

And why the hell should he waste time memorizing speeches or exert effort giving extemporaneous speeches to kids. WTF?

Frankly, it's just silly. You point to extremely minor items and scream "LOOK! LOOK AT THAT!!" as if it's remotely significant.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
so he was just lucky when he totally owned 141 Republican congressman?

See I don't get this track of thought by Republicans. He's not intelligent? come on...jeeezzz intelligence is just part of being a good president. Being intelligent doesn't mean you will be a good president, see Jimmy Carter.

THIS.

See also Richard Nixon, who was very bright but a freaking menace with serious personality issues

HonestChieffan

What does that mean translated into something of real value? Is this the party line that he "owned" congressmen?

The point is that he made an appearance with the republican congressmen and the very best he could hope for was to appear prepared and demonstrate some leadership. He didn't "own" any one, he did his job.

I know thats hard to deal with on a practical scale. But also the entire meeting was virtually ignored by the media so he didnt gain traction on approval at all from it. Then, he managed to go out in a day or two and berate thr e same people he met with and asked for help from....and has continued to beat on the minority side like a drum. Thats good campaing politics but lousy elected leadership.

Amnorix
I also note that you can be of modest intelligence and be a very good PResident. See Truman, Harry.

Taco John
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM

That's how Obama got elected.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
What does that mean translated into something of real value? Is this the party line that he "owned" congressmen?

The point is that he made an appearance with the republican congressmen and the very best he could hope for was to appear prepared and demonstrate some leadership. He didn't "own" any one, he did his job.

I know thats hard to deal with on a practical scale. But also the entire meeting was virtually ignored by the media so he didnt gain traction on approval at all from it. Then, he managed to go out in a day or two and berate thr e same people he met with and asked for help from....and has continued to beat on the minority side like a drum. Thats good campaing politics but lousy elected leadership.

the current discussion is intelligence, or lack thereof.

Your side is arguing a losing cause on this one. You can say he's a crappy President, if you want, that's just opinion. But when you try to say he's dumb, or go on and on about "corpseman", you really just look silly.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
2) That's a mischaracterization of the speech. It was a televised speech that wasn't even in front of an audience. The school was a backdrop for the speech. When he actually spoke to the audience/kids there was no teleprompter.

I really, really dislike having to come on here and defend Obama. If his opponents would at least be honest in their criticism, then I wouldn't have to go to the trouble.

Chief Henry can't even start a thread and spell words correctly so he is the last one to bash someone for mispronouncing a word

Sarah Palin of Alaska or Martha Coakley, the (dem) candidate running for the
US Senate seat in Massachusettes ?

Just wondering who you thought would be so ignorant and stupid to allow the wrong spelling of the sate they come from to be put into a TV commercial ?

Any guesses ?

I mean what kind of idiot can't spell a state correctly? ;)

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM

It was virtually ignored by the media? :spock: That is all they talked about for 3 days...well except for Fox who ignored it. That is who you probably mean.

Chief Henry

Owned ??? Maybe in your opinion or the leftist news media opinion, but he hardly owned the republicans. Obama's the one which is getting owned. Why do you think he went there in the
first place ?

He's got the senate and the house and he can't lead a horse to water on
anything, thankfully.

Obama is the one geetting owned and he even has the liberal MEDIA eating out of his hand.

BigRedChief
It was virtually ignored by the media? :spock: That is all they talked about for 3 days...well except for Fox who ignored it. That is who you probably mean.if all you watch is Fox news, its a scary world.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Owned ??? Maybe in your opinion or the leftist news media, but he harldy owned the republicans. yeah right ROFL Even the Republicans said it was a mistake that made them look bad.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Owned ??? Maybe in your opinion or the leftist news media opinion, but he hardly owned the republicans. Obama's the one which is getting owned. Why do you think he went there in the
first place ?

anything, thankfully.

Obama is the one geetting owned and he even has the liberal MEDIA eating out of his hand.

geetting? Is this a new word?

Donger
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Quick question: would Palin generate anywhere near the coverage she does if she were butt-ugly?

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Quick question: would Palin generate anywhere near the coverage she does if she were butt-ugly?

Honestly for me I could care less what she looks like. If she looked like Hillary and still acted like a retard I would still think she is stupid.

You could make the case the only reason she is where she is at today is because of her looks not because she has a brain. Or maybe she fucked some pretty powerful people. Maybe she gave it up to McCain and he videotaped it. :D

vailpass
02-08-2010, 11:12 AM
first place ?

anything, thankfully.

The obama supporters have precious little on which to hang their hats. obama has underperformed in every area; gone back on numerous campaign promises, appointed one of history's least qualified cabinets, and shown himself to be an effective speaker yet ineffective leader whose words are not backed by actions.

Listen to what is being said: "obama did great a great job speaking, he owned the Republicans." Big deal, speaking is all he has ever been able to do and the time for talk has passed long ago. Some obama backers are still snowed by his bullshit skills but many are recognizing that the emperor has no clothes.

obama did a great job speaking? Fine. Tell me about specific actions he has taken that are equally great.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
The obama supporters have precious little on which to hang their hats. obama has underperformed in every area; gone back on numerous campaign promises, appointed one of history's least qualified cabinets, and shown himself to be an effective speaker yet ineffective leader whose words are not backed by actions.

Listen to what is being said: "obama did great a great job speaking, he owned the Republicans." Big deal, speaking is all he has ever been able to do and the time for talk has passed long ago. Some obama backers are still snowed by his bullshit skills but many are recognizing that the emperor has no clothes.

obama did a great job speaking? Fine. Tell me about specific actions he has taken that are equally great.

:thumb:

Shallow people are easily swayed by people with better speaking skills than what they have themselves. It shows with Obama and his mind numb robots
looking up and adoring his image on stage.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
:thumb:

Shallow people are easily swayed by people with better speaking skills than what they have themselves. It shows with Palin and her mind numb robots
looking up and adoring her image on stage.
FYP

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM

Some things he has underperformed and some things he has done better than what was expected. For example he has been just as ruthless or maybe a little more so when it comes to going after terrorists than Bush has. The numbers of terrorists killed don't lie it is about 2-1 ratio. Hell they just said the other day they are going to kill American citizens that are terrorists. Bush never went that far.

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Heck no.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Some things he has underperformed and some things he has done better than what was expected. For example he has been just as ruthless or maybe a little more so when it comes to going after terrorists than Bush has. The numbers of terrorists killed don't lie it is about 2-1 ratio. Hell they just said the other day they are going to kill American citizens that are terrorists. Bush never went that far.

There must be sunshine and lollipops in that happy place you live.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
FYP

I didn't think she was a good speaker according to you and a few other
libs on this board. Now you are insinuating she is a good speaker. Which one is it with you guys ?

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
There must be sunshine and lollipops in that happy place you live.

Do you ever have any original thoughts or do you just talk out of your ass most of the time?

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
No, most is pretty original.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I didn't think she was a good speaker according to you and a few other
libs on this board. Now you are insinuating she is a good speaker. Which one is it with you guys ?maybe you should use a smaller brush to paint with. Less mistakes.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
No, most is pretty original.

I didn't realize you were such a good artist and comic with all the ones you post. I'm impressed.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
If i didnt think you were easily impressed I would feel better about that.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
The notes consisted of reminders such as "energy," "budget," "tax" and a call to "lift American spirit."

Why does she need a reminder for those subjects?

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
same reason Obama needs a telepromter to say Bush did it.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 01:07 PM
same reason Obama needs a telepromter to say Bush did it.He doesn't need a telepromter. see, his wiping the floor with 141 Republicans at the same time without a telepromter.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Of course, I forgot.

Cannibal
02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Really though, those pics with the chickenscratch five word cliff notes scribbled on her hand look fuckin funny as hell. Even the 'Nutters have got to admit that.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Go show the word corpsman to 100 people who never served in the military and see how they pronounce it. It's just not a word that is used all that often in the "real world", and so he never heard it and who the hell cares.

And why the hell should he waste time memorizing speeches or exert effort giving extemporaneous speeches to kids. WTF?

Frankly, it's just silly. You point to extremely minor items and scream "LOOK! LOOK AT THAT!!" as if it's remotely significant.

Pot meet Kettle i.e. to notes written on Palin's hand:rolleyes:

It's all irrelevent but "The Marxist Left" continue to 'attempt' to Alinskyize Palin and the more they do it the more they(The Radical Left) make Palin stronger and vialble in the eyes of the American people:thumb::clap::thumb::clap:

NewChief
02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Pot meet Kettle i.e. to notes written on Palin's hand:rolleyes:

It's all irrelevent but "The Marxist Left" continue to 'attempt' to Alinskyize Palin and the more they do it the more they(The Radical Left) make Palin stronger and vialble in the eyes of the American people:thumb::clap::thumb::clap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's right. PALIN 2012!!!!

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
If i didnt think you were easily impressed I would feel better about that.

I am not easily impressed unless you are a brunette with big tits, nice ass and damn good looking. So basically I am describing BEP without her babbling. :D

Cannibal
02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's right. PALIN 2012!!!!

I so want to see those debates and speeches. I hope like hell it happens.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Of course, I forgot.

Never forget

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Really though, those pics with the chickenscratch five word cliff notes scribbled on her hand look ****in funny as hell. Even the 'Nutters have got to admit that.

Even the lib nutters have to admit Obama needing a teleprompter for 6th graders is sad as hell and worse still is the lib nutters have to admit is that the Obama can't even pronounce the word corpsman. He fugged it up 3 times with a teleprompter :facepalm:

It rather amazing, some think Obama is smart, when he can't even pronounce "corpsman"... All Obama's ever done in his life is sit in front of Rev. Wright for 20 some years. Obama took those skills from Rev. Wright and used them on the masses of sheep. As the polls keep coming out, it appears that Obama's "chickens are coming home to roost".

NewChief
02-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Even the lib nutters have to admit Obama needing a tele prompter for 6th graders is sad as hell

Do you take enjoyment out of repeating lies over and over again, even when you've been told and shown that they're lies? It doesn't really speak well for your credibility on here or your character.

Inspector
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm with Pete about her being pretty cute. It won't last though, one of these days she is going to get old. Too bad.

Whether it's her or Obama or whoever, I just pray that we have a leader who faithfully upholds and abides by the constitution, works hard to make government smaller, strives to diminsh the power held by ALL elected officials, put an end to punishing sucessful ($) people and does whatever they can to promote private enterprise and an environmant for business to thrive.

I'm not an expert at politics but I kinda think that's what all of us as good Americans want. We may disagree about the method, but not the outcome, right? Right? I mean, nobody wants a larger, more intrusive government, do they?

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Do you take enjoyment out of repeating lies over and over again, even when you've been told and shown that they're lies? It doesn't really speak well for your credibility on here or your character.

Do you enjoy supporting a President that needs a teleprompter for every time he farts.

How do you pronounce corpsman ? Corpse man like the man you voted for.

NewChief
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Do you enjoy supporting a President that needs a teleprompter for every time he farts.

How do you pronounce corpsman ? Corpse man like the man you voted for.

I'll take that as a yes. You're a man of very little character who enjoys intentionally repeating lies.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Even the lib nutters have to admit Obama needing a teleprompter for 6th graders is sad as hell and worse still is the lib nutters have to admit is that the Obama can't even pronounce the word corpsman. He fugged it up 3 times with a teleprompter :facepalm:

It rather amazing, some think Obama is smart, when he can't even pronounce "corpsman"... All Obama's ever done in his life is sit in front of Rev. Wright for 20 some years. Obama took those skills from Rev. Wright and used them on the masses of sheep. As the polls keep coming out, it appears that Obama's "chickens are coming home to roost".

Yeah that is why he graduated Magna Cum Laude at Harvard.

We can't help it you graduated Magna Grand Cum Swallower sucking on your horse's dick every day.

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM

they are gonna go after Obama for one word? I can think of a hundred words/ phrases their god bushy bungled

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I'll take that as a yes. You're a man of very little character who enjoys intentionally repeating lies.

Harsh words for such a small man yourself. The man with little character
would be Obama. Who exactly did he hang out with for all those years prior to becomming president ? Hmmmm, a man that bombed police stations and killed and injured police officers. Now thats character.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
"Soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen, and Coastmen -- Coast Guardmen, thanks for coming, thanks for wearing the uniform." --George W. Bush, at the Pentagon, March 19, 2008

Gracie Dean
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sarah Palin says it would be "absurd" for her not to consider running for president in 2012.

The former Alaska governor and the Republican vice presidential
nominee in 2008 says she will run for president if she believes
it's right for the country and right for her family.

Palin was asked on "Fox News Sunday" if she knows more today
about domestic and foreign affairs than she did two years ago. Her
response: "Well, I would hope so."

She says her focus has widened since she was governor of Alaska.
Palin says she gets daily briefings by e-mail on domestic and foreign policy issues from advisers in Washington.

Palin appeared on "Fox News Sunday." She is a paid contributor to Fox News.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/83764627.html

NewChief
02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
would be Obama. Who exactly did he hang out with for all those years prior to becomming president ? Hmmmm, a man that bombed police stations and killed and injured police officers. Now thats character.

Do you just keep changing the subject or what? I'm not talking about Obama. I'm talking about YOU. Why should I trust anything you say? You've shown that you enjoy spreading lies and disinformation. No reason to trust you.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
"Soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen, and Coastmen -- Coast Guardmen, thanks for coming, thanks for wearing the uniform." --George W. Bush, at the Pentagon, March 19, 2008

Old news , he's not been president for over a year. Your mans in the hunt now.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
would be Obama. Who exactly did he hang out with for all those years prior to becomming president ? Hmmmm, a man that bombed police stations and killed and injured police officers. Now thats character.OMG pals around with terriosts?ROFL

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Old news , he's not been president for over a year. Your mans in the hunt now.

My point is every POTUS makes a mistake speaking every once in awhile and some more than others. It happens when you speak every other day.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Do you just keep changing the subject or what? I'm not talking about Obama. I'm talking about YOU. Why should I trust anything you say? You've shown that you enjoy spreading lies and disinformation. No reason to trust you.

I should trust you ? I should trust your judgement ? What crock of BS.

You've been spreading lies and misinformation about Palin for over a year.
I have no reason to trust you.

I hope you are enjoying your President who takes his ques from a man that bombed police stations and the pentagon. That man you worship is a man with NO character at all.

NewChief
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM

I hope you are enjoying your President who takes his ques from a man that bombed police stations and the pentagon. That man you worship is a man with NO character at all.

Holy shit, you're stupid. Seriously.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM

What lies has he spread? You have links and quotes for your accusations? If not STFU

ChiTown
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
As a Regan Conservative, I would NOT vote for Sarah Palin.

Is she a conservative - yes. Is she a good conservative POTUS candiate - fuck NO!

NewChief
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
What lies has he spread? You have links and quotes for your accusations? If not STFU

The guy is incapable of following a thought to his completion. He just keeps on running after the next tossed ball without answering Or maybe he's just trying to deflect from the fact that I've, in this very thread, shown him to be a liar of low character who willfully and consciously spreads disinformation.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
The guy is incapable of following a thought to his completion. He just keeps on running after the next tossed ball without answering Or maybe he's just trying to deflect from the fact that I've, in this very thread, shown him to be a liar of low character who willfully and consciously spreads disinformation.

He gets his info from Rush and Hannity and has zero original thoughts or opinions. That is why he can't defend them and is a known liar and just in general a POS.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Holy shit, you're stupid. Seriously.

The name calling on this thread speaks volumes about the liberals.

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
He gets his info from Rush and Hannity and has zero original thoughts or opinions. That is why he can't defend them and is a known liar and just in general a POS.

You guys can't handle the truth.

NewChief
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
The name calling on this thread speaks volumes about the liberals.

Hey buddy. Why don't you repeat the lie that Obama used a teleprompter to address an elementary school. The adults are trying to have a real conversation.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
You guys can't handle the truth.

LMAO Have you posted NewPhin's lies yet? We are all anxiously waiting.

NewChief
02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Seriously. So much in politics is a matter of opinion, perspective, and philosophy. It's often hard to really get at the truth. That's why it's annoying whenever people try to treat proven facts as if they're not proven. I don't usually get into it this far with someone, but it's just annoying.

If you want to debate over whether O is a commie or not. Great. If you want to debate that his policies are going to spell our eventual financial ruin. Awesome. Great thing to debate. But if you just want to repeat lies (that are proven lies), then get ready to be called out.

ChiTown
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Seriously. So much in politics is a matter of opinion, perspective, and philosophy. It's often hard to really get at the truth. That's why it's annoying whenever people try to treat proven facts as if they're not proven. I don't usually get into it this far with someone, but it's just annoying.

If you want to debate over whether O is a commie or not. Great. If you want to debate that his policies are going to spell our eventual financial ruin. Awesome. Great thing to debate. But if you just want to repeat lies (that are proven lies), then get ready to be called out.

Great post, and a big reason why I generally don't post here as much.

Stupidity is an easy sale, especially when the buyers are retards (NTTAWWR's).

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM

If you are going to call somebody a liar like CH did then a normal person would present links or quotes to back them up. So since CH hasn't that pretty much tells me he has no character, integrity and is a liar.

BigRedChief
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
LMAO Have you posted NewPhin's lies yet? We are all anxiously waiting.Yes, please provide some links to those lies.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Chief Henry we are still waiting on those lies NewPhin is being accused of. Have you finished searching ChiefsPlanet yet?

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
****ing hilarious...at 1:24 you can see her sneak a look at her hand.

LMAO

LMAO

and republicans want her to be president

:LOL: Speaking of hilarious, you elected a teleprompter and you're laughing at someone who referenced a few scribbled notes? What a retard.

King_Chief_Fan
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
:LOL: Speaking of hilarious, you elected a teleprompter and you're laughing at someone who referenced a few scribbled notes? What a retard.

exactly....but what she did nail without a prompt of any kind was:
To you supporters out there, how is that hoping and changing thing working out for you?ROFL She nailed them.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM

The Dan Quayle stuff was a media creation not a reality. I realize it was a little before your time, but it just goes to show how influenced we can become by being exposed to the media party line.

It boggles my mind that this requires a defense. Criticism of a handful of crib notes in an era of teleprompters is easily one of the dopiest things I've seen in politics. It's a bit more common man than professional, but at a tea party rally, is that really something that's worthy of criticism?

orange
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
exactly....but what she did nail without a prompt of any king was:

Was NOTHING according to the reports.

She spent a while attempting to mock the Real President for using a teleprompter, which earned her derision and scorn even from her fans on twitter. Why, you ask, would a Palin fan not enjoy a good dash of mock and awe? Perhaps because Herself was reading off of notes for the entire speech….

Maybe you were watching a different speech?

Or maybe you just pulled that out of your ass?

The irony is that right-wingers have boxed themselves in with the ridiculous anti-teleprompter meme. They can't be seen using one anymore, notwithstanding that it's better than paper notes.

InChiefsHell
02-08-2010, 03:40 PM

She spent a while attempting to mock the Real President for using a teleprompter, which earned her derision and scorn even from her fans on twitter. Why, you ask, would a Palin fan not enjoy a good dash of mock and awe? Perhaps because Herself was reading off of notes for the entire speech….

Or maybe you just pulled that out of your ass?

The irony is that right-wingers have boxed themselves in with the ridiculous anti-teleprompter meme. They can't be seen using one anymore, notwithstanding that it's better than paper notes.

So Barry's not reading the speech, he's just got a couple of notes on the teleprompter...

...gotcha.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I thought a neo-con was like the moderate/left in the republican party.

You were wrong.

orange
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
...gotcha.

You're just a little bit wrong. The notes on her hand were NOT for the speech. She had EXTENSIVE NOTES for the speech.

The notes on her hand were the answers to the "unscripted" Q&A AFTER the speech.

"What are the first three things a new, conservative government should focus on?"

You can see it for yourself right there at the top of the page (click on the arrow). It's only a few seconds... and then you can post as if you actually know what you're talking about.

King_Chief_Fan
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM

Or maybe you just pulled that out of your ass

come to think about it, it was the Tea Party convention speech. I save the pulling things out of the ass for you libby let's give everyone a hand out types.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM

If we asked those same 100 people how many states there were in the union, how many of them would have said 57? I agree that a lot of this is silly, but it's just as silly to jump on Palin for a few notes on her hand or Quayle for relying on the "potatoe" flashcard he was given.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
The Dan Quayle stuff was a media creation not a reality. I realize it was a little before your time, but it just goes to show how influenced we can become by being exposed to the media party line.

It boggles my mind that this requires a defense. Criticism of a handful of crib notes in an era of teleprompters is easily one of the dopiest things I've seen in politics. It's a bit more common man than professional, but at a tea party rally, is that really something that's worthy of criticism?

Once again you like other Palin supporters are missing the point. No one cares about using notes for her speech it was the interview portion of the convention where she got busted. The questions were pre-screened and she knew before hand what they were.

orange
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
come to think about it, it was the Tea Party convention speech. I save the pulling things out of the ass for you libby let's give everyone a hand out types.

You're illiterate, right? She READ the whole speech.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
The notes consisted of reminders such as "energy," "budget," "tax" and a call to "lift American spirit."

Why does she need a reminder for those subjects?

Why does having a reminder bother you?

He doesn't need a telepromter. see, his wiping the floor with 141 Republicans at the same time without a telepromter.

Uh, yeah, he uh, does. You've seen him speak well without a teleprompter (although this "wiping the floor" stuff is hilarious), but you've also uh, seen him, er, stumble when he's been, uh, without it.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Her head was bobbing up and down more than Monica Lewinsky! J/k...it really doesn't matter what notes you use. I guess she felt she had to switch from using a teleprompter to hard copy after making an issue out of it.

King_Chief_Fan
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM

so how is that changing and hoping thing working out for you?

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Once again you like other Palin supporters are missing the point. No one cares about using notes for her speech it was the interview portion of the convention where she got busted. The questions were pre-screened and she knew before hand what they were.

That's not the point everyone is making, it's the point you've been trying to make and I don't think it's a very good one. The words on her hand are a non-issue unless the lack of professional polish bothers you. It seems to me that the tea party contingent is attracted to regular people and professional polish may well be a negative in that arena.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
You were wrong.

I guess so.

I need a scorecard to keep up with who's a neo, who's not, what's a con, who isnt, progressive, libs. Is there something on the other end or is there just neo conservatives and conservatives?

screw it.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
As a Regan Conservative, I would NOT vote for Sarah Palin.

Is she a conservative - yes. Is she a good conservative POTUS candiate - **** NO!

You don't run into many fans of the Reagan administration's Treasury Secretary turned Chief of Staff, Don Regan:

http://www.honeyiforgottoduck.com/don.regan.jpg

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
That's not the point everyone is making, it's the point you've been trying to make and I don't think it's a very good one. The words on her hand are a non-issue unless the lack of professional polish bothers you. It seems to me that the tea party contingent is attracted to regular people and professional polish may well be a negative in that arena.

For somebody who is as high profile as she is, former VP candidate, now working for Fox News and getting paid millions of dollars you would think she wouldn't need to look at the notes on her hands to answer a question she knew was coming and had the answer to.

But maybe I am expecting to much....LMAO

As I asked earlier in this thread when was the last time you ever saw in an interview somebody reading notes off their hands?

Amnorix
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Uh, yeah, he uh, does. You've seen him speak well without a teleprompter (although this "wiping the floor" stuff is hilarious), but you've also uh, seen him, er, stumble when he's been, uh, without it.

First, good speechifying doesn't make a good or bad President.

Second, you can't honestly tell me that he's not better than Bush, with or without telepromptr. Honestly, I'm amazed he got elected sometimes his speechifying was so mediocre.

(and yes, I'm making up the word speechifying :D )

orange
02-08-2010, 04:13 PM
so how is that changing and hoping thing working out for you?

Kind of what I expected, really. Watered-down, no fight in the dog, etc.

Which is why I was a Clinton then McCain voter.

Did you not know that?

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
For somebody who is as high profile as she is, former VP candidate, now working for Fox News and getting paid millions of dollars you would think she wouldn't need to look at the notes on her hands to answer a question she knew was coming and had the answer to.

But maybe I am expecting to much....LMAO

As I asked earlier in this thread when was the last time you ever saw in an interview somebody reading notes off their hands?

I don't know that I've ever seen it, so what? The fact that she referred to her hand doesn't endear her to me, but it doesn't have any negative impact on my impression of her either. If this is the biggest criticism that her critics can come up with about her presentation to the tea party convention, I'd say she must have done pretty well.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Agreed

Second, you can't honestly tell me that he's not better than Bush, with or without telepromptr. Honestly, I'm amazed he got elected sometimes his speechifying was so mediocre.

Obama is probably better than Bush at delivering a speech, but Obama is over-rated in that regard and Bush was under-rated.

I'm not sure the speeches Obama has given are better than Bush's were though. For example, I don't think Obama's first SOTU speech was as good as Bush's best SOTU speeches. In fact, I'm not sure it was better than Bush's worst one.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't know that I've ever seen it, so what? The fact that she referred to her hand doesn't endear her to me, but it doesn't have any negative impact on my impression of her either. If this is the biggest criticism that her critics can come up with about her presentation to the tea party convention, I'd say she must have done pretty well.

The criticism stems from the fact she has to look at her hand notes to answer a basic question. If you want to be taken seriously you can't do what she did. IMO whatever gains she may have had over the last 6 months has vanished with this. I personally think she may be finished politically. But then again she could reinvent herself but I think the damage is done.

petegz28
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
The criticism stems from the fact she has to look at her hand notes to answer a basic question. If you want to be taken seriously you can't do what she did. IMO whatever gains she may have had over the last 6 months has vanished with this. I personally think she is finished politically.

Supposedly they were crib notes on areas she wanted to make sure she talked about. Either way, you guys are like foaming at the mouth over this woman and it says a lot about the Left. When a dimwit like Palin causes this much of a rabid response over something so trivial, it really makes me wonder how quick the Left will implode when someone worth a squirt actually steps up against them?

petegz28
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM

So you're saying to elected you have to be good at talking shit?

Chief Henry
02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
LMAO Have you posted NewPhin's lies yet? We are all anxiously waiting.

Dude, I just got back to the office.

New Phin did say Palin hand notes were a "Non Issue" with him earlier in this thread. I aknowledge that he didn't castigate PALIN in this thread.

However, I'm guessing he has in other threads like most of the other liberals on this board. Calling Palin stupid is a lie. She has a journalism degree.
Unless you want to call all journalist stupid.

Personally I could give a rats azz what any of you think of me. I'm well grounded in life.

Many of you can't acknowledge the lack of character our president has.........You can learn alot about a person by who his friends are.
None of you can dispute that Obama's friends are Rev. Wright and the mad bomber who blew up police stations and attemepted to blow up the pentagon.
To dispute that would show a lack of character.

Have a great evening. I've got to go do some serious :cuss: snow blowing.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Supposedly they were crib notes on areas she wanted to make sure she talked about. Either way, you guys are like foaming at the mouth over this woman and it says a lot about the Left. When a dimwit like Palin causes this much of a rabid response over something so trivial, it really makes me wonder how quick the Left will implode when someone worth a squirt actually steps up against them?

Just like people foaming at the mouth over teleprompters, birth certificates and palling around with terrorists. :tinfoil:

petegz28
02-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Just like people like you foaming at the mouth over teleprompters and birth certificates. :tinfoil:

This is exactly what I mean. You want to compare a woman who is nothing more than a talking head to the President. If this is the best you can do you're in for a disappointing November.

And I would argue that the Birthers are no different than the AWOL'ers we suffered through during Bush. In fact, the Left was so rabid about that they even tried to forge documents to say Bush was AWOL. ROFLROFL

And you cry now cause a handfull of people give Obama shit over teleprompters? Just get out of the kitchen now.