memyselfI
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
RIP and condolences to his family.

Donger
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
That sucks. RIP Murtha.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I knew he was having some health problems but that is sad. RIP and thank you for serving this country so honorably.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Is Ed Rendell a r or a d

petegz28
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Is Ed Rendell a r or a d

D

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
damn

bkkcoh
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
How can it be constitutional to have someone appointed to fill a vacant congressional seat??

There should be an election to fill an elected seat.

I would also say that if a congressman changes parties, he should have to win it in an election as the member of the new party.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
good riddance!! Totally negated his military career service to our country by pulling that politically BS going after some of those soldiers for so-called war crimes:rolleyes:

IMO the guy is right up thier with Ted Kennedy:shake:

BTW it is Murtha not Murth

NewChief
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
good riddance!! Totally negated his military career service to our country by pulling that politically BS going after some of those soldiers for so-called war crimes:rolleyes:

It was a typo. I'm aware of his name.

RINGLEADER
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
RIP.

Gall bladder surgery seems to take out a lot of elderly. That's why you should just rip the thing out while you're young.

Not to be crass but the GOP will pick up this seat.

Taco John
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM

You're a moron.

I was going to say, "you're a moron if you believe that," but I didn't want to be too limiting.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
You're a moron.

I was going to say, "you're a moron if you believe that," but I didn't want to be too limiting.

When he went after those soldiers to appease the radical left of his party, that was "UNFORGIVEABLE" showing his true sold out soul for political gain.:shake:

It was bad enough he came back from Vietnam a disgruntled soldier who decided to "politically DIS" on America as a Liberal Dem for the next 35yrs of his life; I can forgive that because we have free speech. But when he went after those soldiers THAT MY FRIEND WAS WRONG!!

If I am a moron for defending the soldiers "so be it".:thumb:

BTW up your dosage on your anti-depressants:)

Brock
02-08-2010, 01:57 PM
You can "forgive" him for exercising his right? Wow, that's really gracious of you.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I agree with sportsshrink. And while I won't take this moment to speak ill of the recently dead, I'm not shedding any tears today.

Chocolate Hog
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Idiot.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
You can "forgive" him for exercising his right? Wow, that's really gracious of you.

Sure, it is very gracious of me. We did not fight Vietnam to win and that was our mistake. Many soldiers came back as "confused malcontents" against the war because our Govt was not allowing our military to fight to win while experiencing the "evil reality of war" with no freedom for the South Vietnamese which is what our goal was in the beginning. How demoralizing!!

How can I hold that against Murtha? I can't.

He is though a classic case of projection. He has been projecting his own unprocessed emotional baggage from the war for decades.

But for politics sake when he went after those soldiers he crossed the line.:shake:

vailpass
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Idiot.

Why do you say so? Is he wrong in his statement of the facts regarding Murtha's actions toward our soldiers?

vailpass
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Guess who's been sober for 90 days?!?

Saul Good
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
You can "forgive" him for exercising his right? Wow, that's really gracious of you.Fred Phelps exercises his rights, too. Just because it's a right doesn't mean it is right.

Chocolate Hog
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Why do you say so? Is he wrong in his statement of the facts regarding Murtha's actions toward our soldiers?

If you want to live in a military state go to N.Korea. Murtha wasn't the one who supported the death of 4,000+ troops.

Brock
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Fred Phelps exercises his rights, too. Just because it's a right doesn't mean it is right.

Absurd comparison.

Dave Lane
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Many soldiers came back as "confused malcontents"

What was your excuse?

patteeu
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
In his younger days he was quite a wheeler and dealer:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2ehCmaQ3Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2ehCmaQ3Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
02-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I wonder what the defense industry will do for a memorial.

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Considering he didn't do anything notable for them I'd say nothing would be the best thing they could do.

petegz28
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I agree with sportsshrink. And while I won't take this moment to speak ill of the recently dead, I'm not shedding any tears today.

My sentiments. I feel for his family and loved ones. That's about it.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Just buy a new democrat

Baby Lee
02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Absurd comparison.

All right, who gifted Brock the 'make it so' machine?

Dude, 'absurd comparison' is not an argument, 'this argument is absurd because x x x ' would at least be an attempt at one.

BucEyedPea
02-08-2010, 03:46 PM
RIP Murtha

Cannibal
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Murtha left the Marines in 1955. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a Colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

petegz28
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Murtha left the Marines in 1955. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a Colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

Then went on to be a corrupt politician who accused innocent Marines of being "cold blooded killers" before the facts were known let alone a trial completed for said Marines.

Cannibal
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Just thought I'd at least throw his evidently distinguished military service out there while he's trashed on the day of death. Carry on.

ChiTown
02-08-2010, 04:01 PM
In his younger days he was quite a wheeler and dealer:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2ehCmaQ3Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C2ehCmaQ3Dg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

At the core, he's like most politicians that go to Washington.................a self-serving POS

petegz28
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PiZSFIVFiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PiZSFIVFiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

|Zach|
02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

Just in case anyone is keeping score at home Patteeu has gone out of his way to defend and align himself with Bootlegged, sportsshrink, and shyspryr on this board.

He just can't get enough of worthless pieces of shit.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
This allows Charlie Rangle to move up on the list of top 10 most crooked in Washington.

ChiTown
02-08-2010, 04:15 PM
This allows Charlie Rangle to move up on the list of top 10 most crooked in Washington.

ROFL

Taco John
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM

I'm not asking anyone to shed any tears. But to dismiss this guy's service to our country because you disagree with his political moral compass is detestable, and most defintely not, NOT being supportive of our servicemen, or the point of even having rights worth those servicemen putting their lives on the line for.

It used to be you heard Republicans use the line, "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Those are the kinds of Republicans worth respecting.

Whether you agreed with his politics or not, Murtha spent a lot of time in service to his country.

HonestChieffan
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
The president can speak some words over his corpse and mention his service to the corps.

mlyonsd
02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
RIP Marine.

It should be pointed out he was a good friend of the military until his brain went south and publicy convicted our soldiers of crimes who's charges were later dropped.

mlyonsd
02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Just in case anyone is keeping score at home Patteeu has gone out of his way to defend and align himself with Bootlegged, sportsshrink, and shyspryr on this board.

I'm going on record as admitting I've agreed with those guys more than once. And, I can live with it.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm not asking anyone to shed any tears. But to dismiss this guy's service to our country because you disagree with his political moral compass is detestable, and most defintely not, NOT being supportive of our servicemen, or the point of even having rights worth those servicemen putting their lives on the line for.

It used to be you heard Republicans use the line, "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Those are the kinds of Republicans worth respecting.

Whether you agreed with his politics or not, Murtha spent a lot of time in service to his country.

So did Tim McVeigh. I'm not shedding any tears over him either. Murtha's life wasn't all bad but let's not forget the parts that were.

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 04:43 PM

I've seen worse on this board. Sometimes you have to call 'em as they are.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM

I'm considering you to author my biography. Don't overbook yourself. I'll have my people talk to your people.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm going on record as admitting I've agreed with those guys more than once. And, I can live with it.

*gasp*

Jenson71
02-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Considering he didn't do anything notable for them I'd say nothing would be the best thing they could do.

Nothing notable? He was one of the defense industry's top congressmen. This wasn't a secret or anything.

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM

I have been ruthless towards some who have passed on when I felt they were shitbags. Ted Kennedy is a case in point. This man is someone I did not agree with politically and was angered by him. He is also a man that faced the test of battle and passed. Those who attack his passing better have an equal resume or they should remain silent IMO

petegz28
02-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Nothing notable? He was one of the defense industry's top congressmen. This wasn't a secret or anything.

Yea, guiding contracts to his Son's company and all.

petegz28
02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been ruthless towards some who have passed on when I felt they were shitbags. Ted Kennedy is a case in point. This man is someone I did not agree with politically and was angered by him. He is also a man that faced the test of battle and passed. Those who attack his passing better have an equal resume or they should remain silent IMO

No one is knocking his service to our country. In fact I think everyone has honored that. But that does not excuse what he did afterwards either.

mlyonsd
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
*gasp*

While meme is much maligned on the board I'll bet Zach agrees with her that Iraq was a mistake.....which makes him equal to her btw.

The difference is at least she has admitted our new president is in over his head and for that she gets bonus points with me.

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Whatever. He was not good for the military in my eyes. You do not throw the men that put their lives on the line under the bus for political expediency.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Just thought I'd at least throw his evidently distinguished military service out there while he's trashed on the day of death. Carry on.

What comes around goes around. :shrug:

Brock
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
While meme is much maligned on the board I'll bet Zach agrees with her that Iraq was a mistake.....which makes him equal to her btw.

Wasn't it?

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
No one is knocking his service to our country. In fact I think everyone has honored that. But that does not excuse what he did afterwards either.

Agreed. Being politically corrupt is one thing but going after your own for political gain as I said is "unforgiveable". You may as well be called a "traitor".:shake:

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Yep. I can't believe how harsh people about a decorated veteran who served this country honorably and put his life on the line while the people who are bashing him in this thread haven't.

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM

It is my opinion that his service affords him a pass and the disagreements can be addressed at a later date. If someone can match his resume and wants to speak out today I will afford them the same respect. I give respect to warriors and give them consideration I do not others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and some may disagree with me on this but I hope they remember this man was willing to die to defend that right.

mlyonsd
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Wasn't it?

TBD but I see no reason it was a mistake at this point.

Jenson71
02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Whatever. He was not good for the military in my eyes. You do not throw the men that put their lives on the line under the bus for political expediency.

He seems to have been someone who got caught up in movements and trends rather than paving his own ground, like his views on the War and his role in the military industrial complex (he is really like a prominent example of this nearly unbreakable cycle). He made no apology for it. As a positive exception, his anti-abortion stance was consistently different from his party.

Brock
02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
TBD but I see no reason it was a mistake at this point.

Other than a bunch of dead American kids that shouldn't be dead.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM

Rep...amazing the lengths people will support chickenhawk cowards who are pieces of shit and then turnaround and degrade someone on their death day who actually had the nads to serve.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 05:27 PM

:spock:

mlyonsd
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Other than a bunch of dead American kids that shouldn't be dead.

I understand your position but do not agree it was in vain.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
He seems to have been someone who got caught up in movements and trends rather than paving his own ground, like his views on the War and his role in the military industrial complex (he is really like a prominent example of this nearly unbreakable cycle). He made no apology for it. As a positive exception, his anti-abortion stance was consistently different from his party.

Movements and trends??? Ohhhhhh I like that justification:rolleyes: So he has this valiant moral compass on the battlefield but loses it in Washington and ends his career throwing his own under the bus while taking slush $$ at the same time?

Like I said, it is one thing to be a political crook 'but to go after your own' to further your political gain really puts a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad stain on your previous military career.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 05:32 PM

Just remember that when Dick Cheney croaks. Don't come around here crying when people are bashing him.

Brock
02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I understand your position but do not agree it was in vain.

I wouldn't say it was "in vain", but I will say that when your intelligence tells you what the justification for a war action is, and you later find out that your intelligence is wrong, I call that in general, a mistake.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Just remember that when Dick Cheney croaks. Don't come around here crying when people are bashing him.

Bash all you want on Cheney. All take his character any day over Murtha.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Movements and trends??? Ohhhhhh I like that justification:rolleyes: So he has this valiant moral compass on the battlefield but loses it in Washington and ends his career throwing his own under the bus while taking slush $$ at the same time?

Like I said, it is one thing to be a political crook 'but to go after your own' to further your political gain really puts a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad stain on your previous military career.

This is true.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't say it was "in vain", but I will say that when your intelligence tells you what the justification for a war action is, and you later find out that your intelligence is wrong, I call that in general, a mistake.

That was only a part of the justification. It's too early to tell whether it was a mistake.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM

Total pacifist? Is there any right situation for a war? 3000 American civilian bros and sisters killed on 9/11? Oh let's back up, how about the World Trade Ctr, then the Cole? Shoe bomber? Military recruiting murder? Ft. Hood murders? X-mas day bomber?

Nuff said, you stay in your delusional world while the rest of us deal in reality to keep our country safe and free so that you have the freedom to stay in your delusional world.:rolleyes:

Bottom line: Terrorists love libs like you because it makes their job of terrorizing much easier:rolleyes:

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Even his 20 deferments so he wouldn't serve in Nam while Murtha did? Awesome!

wild1
02-08-2010, 05:51 PM
We should undoubtedly view his military career with the utmost respect.

That's about it.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Cheney's overall service to his country >>>> Murtha's overall service

VAChief
02-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Character like comtemplating dressing Navy Seals up like Iraninians to try and whip an incident that would whip up sentiment for war? Now, thankfully they didn't pursue this, but just considering it is mind boggling. Neocon chickenhawks don't get the commitment that men who have face combat understand. Patton would bitch slap Cheney after he tore him a new asshole!

Where did you get your credentials as a shrink by the way?

wild1
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Four for being a student and one for being a new father.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Well, one thing about him being a coward...he kept the friendly fire casualties down.

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Four for being a student and one for being a new father.

Thanks Kotter

Chocolate Hog
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Total pacifist? Is there any right situation for a war? 3000 American civilian bros and sisters killed on 9/11? Oh let's back up, how about the World Trade Ctr, then the Cole? Shoe bomber? Military recruiting murder? Ft. Hood murders? X-mas day bomber?

Nuff said, you stay in your delusional world while the rest of us deal in reality to keep our country safe and free so that you have the freedom to stay in your delusional world.:rolleyes:

Bottom line: Terrorists love libs like you because it makes their job of terrorizing much easier:rolleyes:

None of that had anything to do with Iraq.

Chocolate Hog
02-08-2010, 05:59 PM

You aren't partisan.

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 05:59 PM

I find myself in a strange place defending Murtha. That said those who will bash Cheney will not fret about talking ill of a warrior. Below is Cheney's distinguished military record.

There it is for all to see~

dirk digler
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I find myself in a strange place defending Murtha. That said those who will bash Cheney will not fret about talking ill of a warrior. Below is Cheney's distinguished military record.

LMAO

LMAO

wild1
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Kotter

Damn. You found me out. I am Kotter.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Isn't there a saying that it's not how you start the race it is how you finish?:shrug:

I'm not bashing his military record; just saying that for all his valor in Nam it sure puts a bad stain on his record "especially" by going after his own.

So who was the "REAL CHICKENHAWK" in the end?????

Norman Einstein
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
We should undoubtedly view his military career with the utmost respect.

That's about it.It's his post career thats given him a bad name.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, one thing about him being a coward...he kept the friendly fire casualties down.

ROFLROFL I will give you credit on that one!!

VAChief
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Isn't there a saying that it's not how you start the race it is how you finish?:shrug:

I'm not bashing his military record; just saying that for all his valor in Nam it sure puts a bad stain on his record "especially" by going after his own.

So who was the "REAL CHICKENHAWK" in the end?????

Dressing up a soldier doesn't make you a soldier, and you can't finish a race if you are too big a pussy to start. I don't like a lot of what Murtha did after he got into politics, but comparing him to Cheney militarily is a joke.

Chiefshrink
02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Character like comtemplating dressing Navy Seals up like Iraninians to try and whip an incident that would whip up sentiment for war? Now, thankfully they didn't pursue this, but just considering it is mind boggling. Neocon chickenhawks don't get the commitment that men who have face combat understand. Patton would bitch slap Cheney after he tore him a new asshole!

Where did you get your credentials as a shrink by the way?

Yes thankfully they didn't pursue this because it would have proven proven liberal "delusional world".:rolleyes:

petegz28
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Why do you choose Cheney as opposed to someone like McCain?

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Why do you choose Cheney as opposed to someone like McCain?

I don't undestand the question, are you asking me to compare McCain's military record againt Cheney's? I am no fan of Murtha's politics I just give him the respect a battle tested warrior deserves IMO

petegz28
02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't undestand the question, are you asking me to compare McCain's military record againt Cheney's? I am no fan of Murtha's politics I just give him the respect a battle tested warrior deserves IMO

No, I am asking you to compare Murtha's to McCain's. It seemed you randomly picked Cheney. Ironically Cheney and Obama have the same military record. So I fail to see the relevance of picking Cheney. Maybe I missed something?

VAChief
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
No, I am asking you to compare Murtha's to McCain's. It seemed you randomly picked Cheney. Ironically Cheney and Obama have the same military record. So I fail to see the relevance of picking Cheney. Maybe I missed something?

It came from a previous post stating: Cheney >>>>> Murtha

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM

No I did not pick Cheney randomly, another poster threw up his name...
"Bash all you want on Cheney. All take his character any day over Murtha." I just was driving the point that when it is all said and done Murtha deserves the respect of of a warrior and his short comings can be addressed another day~

petegz28
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
No I did not pick Cheney randomly, another poster threw up his name...
"Bash all you want on Cheney. All take his character any day over Murtha." I just was driving the point that when it is all said and done Murtha deserves the respect of of a warrior and his short comings can be addressed another day~

Ah, ok

patteeu
02-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Here is a list of all the times Cheney was caught entertaining the idea of a bribe from foreign nationals on the covert video of an FBI sting operation:

And a list of the times he tried to convict American soldiers as war criminals in the media before he had all of the facts:

For all to see.

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Here is a list of all the times Cheney was caught entertaining the idea of a bribe from foreign nationals on the covert video of an FBI sting operation:

And a list of the times he tried to convict American soldiers as war criminals in the media before he had all of the facts:

For all to see.

It is clear we disagree on Murtha earning a little grace upon his death. As I have already stated I will not defend his post war actions. He once stood on a battlefield willing to die for me and my country and for that he gets a pass from me tonight~

banyon
02-08-2010, 07:13 PM
I remember when people went negative on Ted Kennedy on his death, it was "just because of Chappaquidick" and it would've been different with other people who "didn't kill people".

Good to see that didn't mean anything and evaporated as soon as a new target to take cheap classless shots at merged on the partisan political side they didn't like.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

For all to see.

Speaking of things entertained from the great "Quail Hunter"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6EuukxqKQ

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM
I remember when people went negative on Ted Kennedy on his death, it was "just because of Chappaquidick" and it would've been different with other people who "didn't kill people".

Good to see that didn't mean anything and evaporated as soon as a new target to take cheap classless shots at merged on the partisan political side they didn't like.

"I have been ruthless towards some who have passed on when I felt they were shitbags. Ted Kennedy is a case in point. This man is someone I did not agree with politically and was angered by him. He is also a man that faced the test of battle and passed. Those who attack his passing better have an equal resume or they should remain silent IMO"
This is my original post and my stance~

patteeu
02-08-2010, 07:20 PM
It is clear we disagree on Murtha earning a little grace upon his death. As I have already stated I will not defend his post war actions. He once stood on a battlefield willing to die for me and my country and for that he gets a pass from me tonight~

I don't have a problem with you refusing to spend any time on Murtha's shortcomings in the wake of his death, but I've got a problem with your decision to demean Dick Cheney in some kind of misguided show of respect for Murtha.

:shrug:

patteeu
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM

Just out of curiousity, who is it that you remember saying that?

ILChief
02-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Cheney has no character.

Or heart, soul, or any other redeeming quality.

Brock
02-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Total pacifist? Is there any right situation for a war? 3000 American civilian bros and sisters killed on 9/11? Oh let's back up, how about the World Trade Ctr, then the Cole? Shoe bomber? Military recruiting murder? Ft. Hood murders? X-mas day bomber?:

Well, good thing we invaded Iraq, after all they masterminded all, or any of that. Jesus, what a stupid fuck. With great thinkers like yourself, it's no wonder things are in the shape they're in.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Speaking of things entertained from the great "Quail Hunter"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6EuukxqKQ

Notorious liar Seymour Hersch, huh? Ok.

VAChief
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Notorious liar Seymour Hersch, huh? Ok.

Maybe, although I have never seen Cheney refute in his typical style. Secretly, I doubt he sees a problem with it at all. The end justifies whatever the means.

patteeu
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe, although I have never seen Cheney refute in his typical style. Secretly, I doubt he sees a problem with it at all. The end justifies whatever the means.

Cheney's typical style was to ignore critics. That was one problem I had with his influence on the Bush administration. They needed to do a better job of making the case for their foreign policy. Simply doing what they believed was best for the country wasn't enough, IMO.

Dallas Chief
02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
How about all of my fellow Republicans and Righties show a little bit of honor, class, and respect for a man that served his country faithfully for most of his life. That would be a nice, and surprising, change of pace.
Posted via Mobile Device

banyon
02-08-2010, 08:13 PM
"I have been ruthless towards some who have passed on when I felt they were shitbags. Ted Kennedy is a case in point. This man is someone I did not agree with politically and was angered by him. He is also a man that faced the test of battle and passed. Those who attack his passing better have an equal resume or they should remain silent IMO"
This is my original post and my stance~

I wasn't talking about you RNR, you handled it honorably.

RedNeckRaider
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't have a problem with you refusing to spend any time on Murtha's shortcomings in the wake of his death, but I've got a problem with your decision to demean Dick Cheney in some kind of misguided show of respect for Murtha.

:shrug:

A poster stated that people can bash away at Cheney and to make a point I said he has never served so that would not allow him the same pass I was asking for Murtha. I took a cheap shot out of frustration to make a point. I am done with the issue because I think I have stated my position~

Norman Einstein
02-09-2010, 04:29 AM

Chappaquidick had nothing to do with Kennedy's political party. It had everything to do with an act of possible murder that was swept under the rug. If anyone other than the son of a rich family was in the exact same position the story would have turned out differently.

Ted did some good things as a Senator, but he also became one of the strongest senators around and what he said went regardless of the good for the people of the country.

patteeu
02-09-2010, 05:35 AM
How about all of my fellow Republicans and Righties show a little bit of honor, class, and respect for a man that served his country faithfully for most of his life. That would be a nice, and surprising, change of pace.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not going to go out of my way to hammer the guy, but I don't have a problem with those who do. Service to country doesn't wipe post-service sins away.

patteeu
02-09-2010, 05:35 AM
I wasn't talking about you RNR, you handled it honorably.

Again, who *were* you talking about?

Bearcat2005
02-09-2010, 07:43 AM
RIP

Chiefshrink
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm not going to go out of my way to hammer the guy, but I don't have a problem with those who do. Service to country doesn't wipe post-service sins away.

Amen! And "ESPECIALLY" when it's against "your own"!!!!!!!:shake::shake:

Talk valor,courage, honor all you want but when you go after those that "like you" showed valor,courage and honor for "political gain" then it really "takes the shine" off your previous service in my eyes. He showed "NO FRATERNAL MILITARY LOYALTY TO HIS OWN" and that "TAINTS":shake::shake:

Cannibal
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM

I agree with you.

Cannibal
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM

ROFL

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 09:05 AM

I've always found you to be a reasonable person pat, so I was not making an accusation directed at you. I'm just saying hammer away at the guy while he is alive, disagree with his politics, protest and rant and rave to get him thrown out of office, but show some respect for the departed. Judgement is not ours to make.

Chocolate Hog
02-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

You should have read my post a few pages back.

bkkcoh
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Oops (Congressman: Murtha Died After Intestine Was Damaged in Surgery)

Looks like the quality of the health care killed him instead of the lack of health care.

That really sucks that he died because of a medical mistake.

wild1
02-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Overheard yesterday: As a soldier I respect him in a way you can't understand. As a politician, I think he embarrassed himself.

KC native
02-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I've always found you to be a reasonable person pat, so I was not making an accusation directed at you. I'm just saying hammer away at the guy while he is alive, disagree with his politics, protest and rant and rave to get him thrown out of office, but show some respect for the departed. Judgement is not ours to make.

ROFL did this make anyone else almost fall out of their chair?

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
ROFL did this make anyone else almost fall out of their chair?

Hmmm? So he disagrees with you almost 100% of the time and that makes him unreasonable? Now turn that around on yourself. What does that make you?:hmmm:

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
You should have read my post a few pages back.

The one where you called somebody and idiot, or was there another, more poignant one?

KC native
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Hmmm? So he disagrees with you almost 100% of the time and that makes him unreasonable? Now turn that around on yourself. What does that make you?:hmmm:

I was more referencing his remarkable ability to align himself with the some of the worst posters out here and his ability to twist phrases. I actually think Patty is pretty smart. I don't know if I would call him reasonable though.

stevieray
02-09-2010, 10:11 AM

in denial.

vailpass
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
in denial.

In de Rio Grande.

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I was more referencing his remarkable ability to align himself with the some of the worst posters out here and his ability to twist phrases. I actually think Patty is pretty smart. I don't know if I would call him reasonable though.

The same could be said regarding your alignments as well. But did you see that? You just took a step down reasonable road yourself by recognizing Pat's intelligence. Welcome to the big boy table!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
In de Rio Grande.

What a waste...
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
What a waste...
Posted via Mobile Device

I know. It used to be such a grand river.

FishingRod
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
"How can it be constitutional to have someone appointed to fill a vacant congressional seat??There should be an election to fill an elected seat.."

Do you believe that should a president die/resign or not survive an impeachment proceeding that we should have an election and that office remain empty during that time?

"I would also say that if a congressman changes parties, he should have to win it in an election as the member of the new party."

That just brings a one bushel full of "what if" questions. But in the hypothetical situation we are discussing, does not the congresspersons obligation belong to their constituents and not to the political party.

housefull
02-09-2010, 04:02 PM
IMO the guy is right up thier with Ted Kennedy

patteeu
02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
IMO the guy is right up thier with Ted Kennedy

As despicable as he was, I actually think Ted Kennedy was more interested in helping his constituents than Murtha and less interested in his own financial benefit. Of course it helps when you inherit a fortune, but still, Kennedy was more interested in his place in history (and whether or not he could get in the cocktail waitress's pants) than in getting rich off government "service".

stevieray
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
As despicable as he was, I actually think Ted Kennedy was more interested in helping his constituents than Murtha and less interested in his own financial benefit. Of course it helps when you inherit a fortune, but still, Kennedy was more interested in his place in history (and whether or not he could get in the cocktail waitress's pants) than in getting rich off government "ShamWow!".
....buy my thousand dollar book...

he was worth what? 50 mill?