PDA

View Full Version : Life -- What do you look for in a good pair of blue jeans?

Simply Red
02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Anything else you do, strategic cuts or tears? Which brand(s) do you like? What will you pay for a pair you REALLY like? Are you okay w/ CERTAIN Wranglers -or- do you only buy Designer? Do you go 'happy medium' w/ Levis? -or- do you branch out and maybe buy a pair of Sevens or Buffalo Jeans? Any colors you like or especially don't like? What's the best places for deals?

discus?

http://i47.tinypic.com/6408x0.jpg

Count Zarth
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Not too baggy with a low douche factor.

Anything but this:

http://www.topstreetwear.com/data/product/images/wm/XL/10205_20094118143910634296.jpg

BWillie
02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I am proud to say I never wore Jncos. I bet you f*gs wore Jncos in your school years. Admit it

Simply Red
02-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Not too baggy with a low douche factor.

Anything but this:

http://www.topstreetwear.com/data/product/images/wm/XL/10205_20094118143910634296.jpg

I agree, I can't say enough positive about seven, there really is a difference. Even compared to say, A 'Guess Jeans' labeled pair.

Simply Red
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
no but I did rock some Girbaud's

T-post Tom
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Here's what you want in a good pair of jeans:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lggn0328.jpg

Count Zarth
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty simple, though. A pair of Levis 505s or 501s and I'm good to go.

Mojo Jojo
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
A hot female.

CosmicPal
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Never gave two sh*ts about what brand jeans I'm wearing. If they're denim and they're comfortable and they're under $35, I'll buy it. Never understand why anyone would pay anything more than that for jeans.

Simply Red
02-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Never gave two sh*ts about what brand jeans I'm wearing. If they're denim and they're comfortable and they're under $35, I'll buy it. Never understand why anyone would pay anything more than that for jeans.

Sevens are at Marshalls all of the time for 39.95, sometimes cheaper. Just saying.

cdcox
02-08-2010, 10:54 PM
I've not owned anything other than Levi's 501 button fly jeans since forever. They are functional and classic. Makes it real simple.

Simply Red
02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I've not owned anything other than Levi's 501 button fly jeans since forever. They are functional and classic. Makes it real simple.

I have a pair of Levis w/ exterior pocketing on the rear, or an external pocket-flap & this is good if a person suffers from noassatol.

stevieray
02-08-2010, 11:21 PM
levi tag.

cdcox
02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a pair of Levis w/ exterior pocketing on the rear, or an external pocket-flap & this is good if a person suffers from noassatol.

Never been a fan of flaps, pockets on the legs, more than four pockets total, or excessive bagginess. That stuff might be okay for a teenager, but I'm a grown man.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I usually just wear Gap jeans that I buy from outlet. Last time I went, I got 8 pairs for about 120 bucks.

QuikSsurfer
02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Express Rocco's and Big Star Voyager's

I'm 26, before you judge.

GoHuge
02-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Express Rocco's. Low-rise, slim fit, but bootleg. Whiskering, but no actual tears. Come in about four different colors/washes. I like heavy denim also not a paper thin jeans fan. Also at Express buy one pair and second is half price. About $75 but like I said $38 for the second. Pretty good deal. I'm just real particular about how my jeans fit. Found a style that I love. Have about 8 pairs I've bought just in case they discontinue them. Always seems to happen like that when you find something you like.........

QuikSsurfer
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Express Rocco's. Low-rise, slim fit, but bootleg. Whiskering, but no actual tears. Come in about four different colors/washes. I like heavy denim also not a paper thin jeans fan. Also at Express buy one pair and second is half price. About $75 but like I said $38 for the second. Pretty good deal. I'm just real particular about how my jeans fit. Found a style that I love. Have about 8 pairs I've bought just in case they discontinue them. Always seems to happen like that when you find something you like.........

One post up.

I love Express.

GoHuge
02-09-2010, 12:10 AM
One post up.

I love Express.Yeah that's funny I saw that right after I made my post. Beat me by a minute. I'm a big Express fan for jeans and their graphic T's, but usually go to Banana for my shirts and other stuff. Express has by far the best jeans I've found anywhere. Didn't know people actually still wore Levi's, lol......I never could anyways because they always ride up the nutsack regardless of which style or fit.

Kyle DeLexus
02-09-2010, 12:12 AM

Happened to me.

I liked the old Bullhead jeans they have a pacsun. Best fitting jeans I've ever worn and then they change everything to match the skinny jean trend. They don't even carry much in my waist size anymore, they are going after the skinny ass kids.

stevieray
02-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Didn't know people actually still wore Levi's, lol......
button your fly...:D

when you've made jeans for over a hundred years, you must be doing something right...I remember them being hot black market items when I was in germany

GoHuge
02-09-2010, 12:30 AM
button your fly...:D

when you've made jeans for over a hundred years, you must be doing something right...I remember them being hot black market items when I was in germanyWhen I think of Levi's it reminds me of what Dennis Miller had to say about them "a message to the people that do the marketing for Levi's........sales would increase if you didn't put the size of the jeans on the outside of the garment."

Jenson71
02-09-2010, 06:15 AM
American Eagle, Low Rise Boot or Bootcut. Absolutely no full tears. As few "repairs" as possible. Color either Medium or Dark. Never Light.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:16 AM

This. When my knees get worn out, I go to Old Navy and buy a couple of pairs. Plain old straight leg regular blue jeans, usually $20-25.

And, no, that's NOT why my knees get worn out. :mad: I happen to kneel a lot in work.

No, I just said! NOT for that! :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
Lately I've been a fan of American Rag.

-King-
02-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Levi 501/514 and I'm good. Slim fits only. I hate bootcuts.

I do have friends who have a couple pairs of nudies. Those can go for 150+. I am NOT that big on jeans. F that. I don't spend more than 50 on jeans.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Paying more than $25 for a pair of jeans, or more than $40 for a pair of sneakers, is the Common Man's equivalent to paying $100 million for a statue of a strolling Ethiopian.

It's just... not... necessary.

(We're not talking obvious high-quality shoes, here, like specialty boots or something. We're talking plain old sneakers that are only high-priced because they have Nike or Adidas on their sides.)

Consistent1
02-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Paying more than $25 for a pair of jeans, or more than $40 for a pair of sneakers, is the Common Man's equivalent to paying $100 million for a statue of a strolling Ethiopian.

(We're not talking obvious high-quality shoes, here, like specialty boots or something. We're talking plain old sneakers that are only high-priced because they have Nike or Adidas on their sides.)

I don't know about all that. Used to think that about a lot of Nike shoes in particular, but then got a nice pair of Shox that changed my mind about certain ones. Then again, I was actually using them for something specific. Paying a bunch of money for all those "throwback" type shoes that just supposedly look cool is another story, even Jordans seem kinda weak IMO. The styles of Adidas that I get like Sambas are cheap and last quite awhile. Jeans under $25 kinda suck in almost 100% of cases to me. A lot of those American Eagle jeans and a few others aren't very expensive and have some style. You can get some real nice jeans in the $30-50 range that will last for several years style wise. Levis really aren't any cheaper anymore in many cases, and I do agree with the comment made earlier about how they always seem cut to ride up into your junk.

-King-
02-09-2010, 06:48 AM

Sorry but there is a difference in quality of jeans. Nudies or raw denim jeans are 150, but they will last years of you wearing them everyday. Now I would never spend that much ever but.....just sayin'

Shoes are another matter. I have no problem spending 150 on shoes. I have a few pairs or jordans that are now worth 200-350. Jordans really appreciate in value especially if they are original releases from back in his playing days. That + the quality + the looks of them are why they are so popular and so great. Heh, I'm about to buy some nike foamposites for about 200 soon.

And like the other poster said, put on a pair of nike shox. They are regularly 100+ but they are some of the most comfortable shoes I've worn.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I don't know about all that. Used to think that about a lot of Nike shoes in particular, but then got a nice pair of Shox that changed my mind about certain ones. Then again, I was actually using them for something specific. Paying a bunch of money for all those "throwback" type shoes that just supposedly look cool is another story, even Jordans seem kinda weak IMO. The styles of Adidas that I get like Sambas are cheap and last quite awhile. Jeans under $25 kinda suck in almost 100% of cases to me. A lot of those American Eagle jeans and a few others aren't very expensive and have some style. You can get some real nice jeans in the $30-50 range that will last for several years style wise. Levis really aren't any cheaper anymore in many cases, and I do agree with the comment made earlier about how they always seem cut to ride up into your junk.
Jordans fell off after the 17s released in 2000. 18-23 have just been average shoes. The retros they're releasing now are good but the quality is shit compared to the originals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles
02-09-2010, 06:55 AM

What are these plain old sneakers? Quality really matters unless if you using them for much of anything outside of walking around.

Gadzooks
02-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Lots of room in the crotch... And they should make my ass look sweet.

Iowanian
02-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Room in the crotch and the "bad idea" tag on the back hip pocket.

I don't always wear jeans, but when I do, I prefer bad idea jeans.

Delano
02-09-2010, 07:06 AM
http://abfits.com/fittalk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/9FR1.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
most comfortable pair of jeans I own are Wranglers; not cowboy cut (too tight) but regular.

they're cut for normal people.

Hopefully when the weighloss challenge is about 1/2 over I can wear them again; along with my Lucchese's.

MOhillbilly
02-09-2010, 07:59 AM
i like dickies carpenter jeans. Cheap and last. Redtabs always blow out early in the cock and balls area.

gblowfish
02-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I look for Holly Starr.
I'd crawl through a mile of broken glass to hear her fart on a pay phone!

Alton deFlat
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I look for comfort and durability, and generally buy relaxed fit. I always wore Levi's to work, but they wore out in the crotch for some damn reason. I tried Arizona Jean and they lasted longer, and looked just as good. They were comfortable too. I've also bought Wrangler carpenter jeans, and they're OK.

seclark
02-09-2010, 08:03 AM
i like dickies carpenter jeans. Cheap and last. Redtabs always blow out early in the cock and balls area.

carhartt carpenter jeans here.
sec

loochy
02-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry but there is a difference in quality of jeans. Nudies or raw denim jeans are 150, but they will last years of you wearing them everyday. Now I would never spend that much ever but.....just sayin'

Shoes are another matter. I have no problem spending 150 on shoes. I have a few pairs or jordans that are now worth 200-350. Jordans really appreciate in value especially if they are original releases from back in his playing days. That + the quality + the looks of them are why they are so popular and so great. Heh, I'm about to buy some nike foamposites for about 200 soon.

And like the other poster said, put on a pair of nike shox. They are regularly 100+ but they are some of the most comfortable shoes I've worn.
Posted via Mobile Device

So are you telling me that I should have kept my Jordans from when I was a little kid?? I had the white ones with red and black trim with the 23 on the side. These were so freakin' awesome.
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/air-jordan-5-18-countdown-pack-09.jpg

Then I got the ones that were black and hot pink with the two holes in the tongue.
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/air-jordan-vi-black-red.jpg

Who would have known that the douchers today would drive up the market for old shoes?

KC native
02-09-2010, 08:23 AM
So are you telling me that I should have kept my Jordans from when I was a little kid?? I had the white ones with red and black trim with the 23 on the side. These were so freakin' awesome.
[

Then I got the ones that were black and hot pink with the two holes in the tongue.

Who would have known that the douchers today would drive up the market for old shoes?

Only if they're in great condition. My good friend is a manager at Foot Action and he says there is a whole Jordan subculture. He gets calls all the time asking when a shoe is coming out and he has to ask his part time high school kids to find out.

KC native
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
and for jeans, I look for a sail boat. I love Nautica jeans. Occasionally I like Ralph Lauren jeans. I won't spend more than $60 so I buy jeans once a year when they're on sale or my wifey buys them when she makes her annual trek to the outlet malls.

Tango&Cash
02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Go ask Brett Favre, and what he thinks of his Wranglers.

NewChief
02-09-2010, 08:36 AM

These are my goto work jeans. From what I can tell, they're as durable as Carhartt's at a fraction of the cost.

JD10367
02-09-2010, 10:04 AM
i like dickies . . .

http://www.lust-for-life.org/Lust-For-Life/Cartoons/ImageFiles/BeavisButthead.jpg

Deberg_1990
02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Whats up with the early 80's skinny jeans making a comeback these days? UGLY

Dallas Chief
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM

So just how metro are you? Sevens are awesome jeans as are Agave Denim. But flap pockets...too metro for my machismo.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
and for jeans, I look for a sail boat. I love Nautica jeans. Occasionally I like Ralph Lauren jeans. I won't spend more than $60 so I buy jeans once a year when they're on sale or my wifey buys them when she makes her annual trek to the outlet malls.

I go with Nautica as well....dont care for RL. Nautica's are like a fancy hotel....they got ballroom

tooge
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Levi, Wrangler, or Carhardt. Relaxed fit, regular pocket or carpenter. Must be fairly loose fitting but not baggy. I'm a fairly fit guy, but my legs have always been too muscular for regular or slim cut jeans. I stock up on two or three pairs at a time when on sale at places like Feldmans for $26. I will not ever pay mor than $35 bucks for jeans, never. I have like 5 or 6 pairs of jeans that are worn just right with holes in the knees and frayed cuffs from beating around in them. They are every bit of 5 plus years old. They are selling jeans just like them new at abercrombie for $60, heh.

pkane
02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I like any jeans that don't take away from my natural bulge.

Phobia
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I have two types of jeans:
1. Work denim - carhart, wrangler, timberland, or other - they're usually carpenter jeans.
2. Other jeans: don't care about brand so much as comfort, fit, and price. I'll pick out the comfort and price and then try them on. The wife says yes or no from that point and she bases that on how good my package looks in them. If it looks like I'm sporting a raging codpiece her thumbs are up. If it's merely a solitary balled up tubesock, thumbs are down.

Pants
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Express Rocco's and Big Star Voyager's

I'm 26, before you judge.

Express jeans are garbage. Pretty much all my clothes except for jeans come from Express, so it's not like I hate that place or anything. For good jeans, you go to American Eagle or if you feel like being a douche and have the money for it - A&F.

-King-
02-09-2010, 12:46 PM
http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/air-jordan-5-18-countdown-pack-09.jpg

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/air-jordan-vi-black-red.jpg

Yup. I have the ones in the top pic. Mine are retro not original though.

If you still had the ones in the 2nd pic...whooo, you'd make some money. If they're in good condition, original Infrared 6s(that's their name) can go for 350+ easy.

Original jordans have become collectors item. Me and a friend were able to buy a box full of originals from a guy who didn't know their worth for like 150 total. I got 4 shoes and he got 5. I restored them all and made them look pretty good and sold 1 pair for 140, another for 75(wasn't able to restore them as well) and the other for 150. I kept the 4th ones. The ones I sold didn't even sell as good as they should. I didn't really care about driving a hard bargain or else I would have gotten a lot more.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge
02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I have two types of jeans:
1. Work denim - carhart, wrangler, timberland, or other - they're usually carpenter jeans.
2. Other jeans: don't care about brand so much as comfort, fit, and price. I'll pick out the comfort and price and then try them on. The wife says yes or no from that point and she bases that on how good my package looks in them. If it looks like I'm sporting a raging codpiece her thumbs are up. If it's merely a solitary balled up tubesock, thumbs are down.

lol at codpiece

Consistent1
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Express jeans are garbage. Pretty much all my clothes except for jeans come from Express, so it's not like I hate that place or anything. For good jeans, you go to American Eagle or if you feel like being a douche and have the money for it - A&F.

Your opinion of Express stuff is exactly the opposite of mine. I like the jeans fairly well, but I would not be caught dead in most of their other shit.

KCUnited
02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Diesel are my favorite because of style and durability, all bought on ebay on the cheap.

Mr. Laz
02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
butt look tight, unit look big

NewChief
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
For my "good" jeans, I usually wear either Gap or J. Crew.

Like I said, other than that it's usually Dickies or Carhartts.

Pants
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Your opinion of Express stuff is exactly the opposite of mine. I like the jeans fairly well, but I would not be caught dead in most of their other shit.

:)

I'm a "slender" guy and Express has my size down to a tee and actually makes it look pretty good. Express jeans are too thick for my tastes and I hate the style. But that's, obviously, very subjective.

Tango&Cash
02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
RE: Beavis and Butthead

ROFL

I may be in the minority here, but that show was much better than King of the Hill, and they need to bring this show back. Like on Adult Swim or something.

Fave episode is where Beavis and Butthead have a fundraiser at school where they need to sell a box of candy bars (the kind like the little league candy bars, caramel, krunch, almond, used to be). they both got 1 box each. So they were walking home and Butthead had $1 in his pocket (which is what the candy was being sold for) Butthead buys a candybar off of Beavis. So now Beavis down 1 candybar, but up $1, buys a candybar back from Butthead. And they keep doing this back n forth til all candybars are gone.

They come back to school the next day, everyone sold their entire box and brought back like $25 each. B&B came back with $1 and all candybars were gone. ROFL.

loochy
02-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I like lavender jeans.

http://www.dantonleather.com/images/Whitney-Lav.jpg

... or maybe some red jeans.

http://hoffmannsaddlesandtack.com/store/catalog/images/Ladies%20Roughrider%20Red%20w_Conchos%201689.jpg

COLORED JEANS FTW!

wutamess
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Girbaud Brand X old style were the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. Can' find them since the late 90's.

Now I don't care where my jeans come from... currently wear Wranglers from Walmart I have a big butt and thighs so I have to get loose or baggy fit.

GordonGekko
02-09-2010, 01:32 PM
why am i reading this thread?

i like the urban jeans at kohls. like 20 bucks and you can wash em how you want they last.

Braincase
02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
A chesty red-head wearing a Texas t-shirt.

Pablo
02-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I buy jeans with a lot of extra room in the crotch. Like 11" of clearance.

Pants
02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
I buy jeans with a lot of extra room in the crotch. Like 11" of clearance.

You get random boners? Dang, must be embarrassing.

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Low cut (I like to wear my jeans on my hips) relaxed fit (I have thick legs so relaxed becomes normal)... bootcut preferably. The one thing that pisses me off is it seems like EVERY pair of jeans out there is tight in the butt and crotch, but the waistband is still loose and they fall down. Its like they're made for people with the physique of two funnels melted together. Grrr

Levi 527s are my favorites by far.

Simply Red
02-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Seven jeans are the best, plain n simple. Go to marshalls or TJ Maxx and try out a pair. They're noticably more comfortable. And washed nicely (referencing their coloring)

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Seven jeans are the best, plain n simple. Go to marshalls or TJ Maxx and try out a pair. They're noticably more comfortable. And washed nicely (referencing their coloring)

But I don't pay more than 25-30 for a pair of jeans.

Many times I buy ones for 15 at Wal-Mart. They look okay. I don't have the cash to drop 40 bucks on a pair of jeans, though. I make less than 8 dollars an hour and live alone. :-)

QuikSsurfer
02-09-2010, 05:11 PM

A&F jeans? No thanks.

Express takes care of all my clothing needs. I do like American Eagle though

Mastashake
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I dislike it when people say you have to pay for quality. So what if you can't pay? Does that mean you'll have to be ugly?

DaKCMan AP
02-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I dislike it when people say you have to pay for quality. So what if you can't pay? Does that mean you'll have to be ugly?

No, you can pay a lot of money and dress well and still be ugly. If you're ugly you're ugly. If you can't pay, you'll be poor and ugly.

stlchiefs
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Banana Republic Boot Fit jeans. Used to do A&F, but I'm a bit older now, can't shop there anymore. I had a pair of Express a few years back, but thought they were POS. Everytime I washed them they came out all misshapen with the pant cuffs curling up, etc. Never messed with Sevens as I've been happy with BR and haven't messed with trying anything else. Damnit SR you ask some of the weirdest damn questions! :)

Pioli Zombie
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Sarah Palin
Posted via Mobile Device

GoHuge
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Banana Republic Boot Fit jeans. Used to do A&F, but I'm a bit older now, can't shop there anymore. I had a pair of Express a few years back, but thought they were POS. Everytime I washed them they came out all misshapen with the pant cuffs curling up, etc. Never messed with Sevens as I've been happy with BR and haven't messed with trying anything else. Damnit SR you ask some of the weirdest damn questions! :)I buy most of my clothes from Banana except my jeans which I buy at Express. Banana's just don't fit me right. Never had any issues with Express jeans other than the cuffs at the bottom curling which is easily corrected with an iron...........

Ebolapox
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
nothing with any rips or tears in them. that's gay.

Simply Red
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
nothing with any rips or tears in them. that's gay.

not if they're small and strategic and only a few.

Ebolapox
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
not if they're small and strategic and only a few.

nyet. there is no reason for rips or tears, regardless of how small or strategic, to be in a pair of jeans.

stlchiefs
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Never had any issues with Express jeans other than the cuffs at the bottom curling which is easily corrected with an iron...........

This is my issue. I don't buy jeans to have to iron them. You should be able to grab a pair of jeans out of the laundry and wear them anytime without having to plan ahead with ironing your jeans.

Simply Red
02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
This is my issue. I don't buy jeans to have to iron them. You should be able to grab a pair of jeans out of the laundry and wear them anytime without having to plan ahead with ironing your jeans.

you can iron? Must be nice.

stlchiefs
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
you can iron? Must be nice.

I prefer to steam though. Much easier. My wife refuses to do it, damn MIL never taught her!

Rausch
02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
They fucking fit.

Oh, and they don't look like a gawdamned hobo slept under a an overpass in them for 2 years...

Rausch
02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
nyet. there is no reason for rips or tears, regardless of how small or strategic, to be in a pair of jeans.

The only reason is bank.

If you can't afford a new pair that's cool. Wear that $#it out. I understand...

Ebolapox
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
The only reason is bank.

If you can't afford a new pair that's cool. Wear that $#it out. I understand...

eh, I just don't understand the reason for that particular fashion rule.

Simply Red
02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Dude, I only have one pair like that, I bought them like that, there is just a small portion w/ a few very small abrasions. I have seriously rec'd more compliments on them vs any other pair i've owned. I'm not talking about the 1990's where a person would gash the hell out of their Hilfigers.

Rausch
02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
eh, I just don't understand the reason for that particular fashion rule.

It would be that you can't afford shit outside of ramen fucking noodles.

That rule.

The idea that you want to look like a fucking haggardly dock worker with a work visa on purpose is beyond me...

Ebolapox
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
It would be that you can't afford shit outside of ramen fucking noodles.

That rule.

The idea that you want to look like a fucking haggardly dock worker with a work visa on purpose is beyond me...

:spock:

dude, are you drunk? I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.

to me, it has nothing to do with how much I spend on a pair of jeans. I've bought the 'cheap' levis and wranglers (some of the best fitting jeans I've owned have been a nice worn in pair of wranglers) all the way up to some of the 50 dollar a pair (on sale) (brand escapes me--cremiux?) at dillard's. I tend to be a cheap bastage, but I'll spend on quality. for me and my everyday needs, a twenty dollar pair of jeans does the job every time.

I guess I'm getting old--I think holes of any type in jeans looks trashy. just my opinion, though

Rausch
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
:spock:

dude, are you drunk?

How long have I been here?

WTF is this not a given?

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Agree.

I guess I'm getting old--I think holes of any type in jeans looks trashy. just my opinion, though

Ditto, that's what I'm saying.

If you're busted broke and you can't afford some new stuff I get it. You got old stuff or different priorities.

'Course I'm a bad example 'cause I'm still wearing the jeans I wore in high school...

Phobia
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Oh - I got some Buffalo jeans at a bargain place which buys overstock from Costco. $20 and they're some of the best fitting jeans I've ever had. Guess Costco still has Buffalo jeans for $40. I'm tempted to grab another pair but I'm in weight loss mode and don't want to get stupid..

Rausch
02-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Guess Costco still has Buffalo jeans for $40. I'm tempted to grab another pair but I'm in weight loss mode and don't want to get stupid..

http://www.noobstore.com/prodimages/tshirt-m-ghey-Black-art-280.gif

Phobia
02-09-2010, 10:52 PM

http://www.noobstore.com/prodimages/tshirt-m-ghey-Black-art-280.gif

Yeah - I know. I don't even care. I did yoga with my wife tonight. I'm a designer. I love to cook. I'm a shoe freak.

I am the gayest dude ever happily married to a woman.

SPATCH
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Haven't worn faded jeans in about a year. It's all about the dark, form-fitting jeans now (no fading, tears, etc.). Not super-skinny, but not baggy by any means.

Got a nice pair of dark blue Calvin Klein's, a dark pair of Levi's 501s (Organic Cotton), A black pair of DKNY's, A pair of grey Express Rocco's. I paid around $50-60 dollars for each of them.

I rock some white Chuck Taylor's or some black Van's with the white soles for everyday stuff, and I dress them up with some Aldo shoes whenever I go out.

Ballin' on a budget...

dtebbe
02-09-2010, 10:56 PM
My Glock 36 has to fit comfortably inside the waistband o:-)

DT

Mastashake
02-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I seriously would like to know how a guy who can't afford to pay more than $30 on a pair of pants (and that's a LOT) can still look good.

It seems like all of the clothes mentioned in here go for 50-60, even more.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:36 AM
I usually just wear Gap jeans that I buy from outlet. Last time I went, I got 8 pairs for about 120 bucks.

Yep. I grab about 10 pairs of whatever in a Marshalls, try them on, and leave with about 6 of those pairs.

I can't believe people pay full price for jeans. Cracks me up actually. I never pay more than $25 for a pair.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:37 AM
I seriously would like to know how a guy who can't afford to pay more than $30 on a pair of pants (and that's a LOT) can still look good.

It seems like all of the clothes mentioned in here go for 50-60, even more.

If you but them at the actual store they do.
Like i was saying, those jeans i pay $25 bucks tops for, all go for 50-80 in their respective stores.

Oh, and jeans don't make you look good if you're ugly, and don't make you look ugly if you look good.

beach tribe
02-10-2010, 06:45 AM
My favorite pair of jeans is a pair of Lucky's that are over 7 years old.

loochy
02-10-2010, 07:25 AM
My favorite pair of jeans is a pair of Lucky's that are over 7 years old.

I've always liked Lucky Brand too. In high school I bought some just because they were "cool", but I've found that they generally fit by butt, waist, rise, and thighs just right. Too bad they cost so damn much.

RNR
02-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I wear Wrangler carpenter jeans everyday you can get them for under 20 bucks. I have a couple pairs of Levis that are "nice" jeans for going out. My taste in jeans has not really ever changed. I like comfortable jeans that last. I have tried Lee and other off brand jeans and do not like the way the fit. Wrangler and Levis are just comfortable~

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Oh - I got some Buffalo jeans at a bargain place which buys overstock from Costco. $20 and they're some of the best fitting jeans I've ever had. Guess Costco still has Buffalo jeans for $40. I'm tempted to grab another pair but I'm in weight loss mode and don't want to get stupid..

They're nice, heck, even straight people wear them. I forgot that you can't dress nice or talk about clothes on this site w/o people calling you gay. Retarded.

RNR
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
They're nice, heck, even straight people wear them. I forgot that you can't dress nice or talk about clothes on this site w/o people calling you gay. Retarded.

LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
luckys.

if im looking for everyday bs old navy has decent ones for cheap.

oh and bijan makes a wonderful jean bathrobe

Kyle DeLexus
02-10-2010, 09:57 AM

Don't pay the haters no mind. To be the best you got to look the best.

BIG_DADDY
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Oh something about 5'9" with a killer rack, fat box and nice chops.

Seriously the only jeans that fit me that I like are Lucky Jeans and they are very comfortable as well. Most designer jeans are made for fat people so I can't wear them.

DMAC
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
My brother in laws jeans need the ability to defy gravity.

tooge
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Buying jeans that are pre torn is gay to me. I have lots of ripped old jeans, but I only wear them fishin, yard work, etc. Buying them worn says " I am not active enough to wear natural holes in my jeans, so my non manly ass has to buy jeans with holes in them"

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Buying jeans that are pre torn is gay to me. I have lots of ripped old jeans, but I only wear them fishin, yard work, etc. Buying them worn says " I am not active enough to wear natural holes in my jeans, so my non manly ass has to buy jeans with holes in them"

we bought a pair of nice jeans for my son. why? i dont know. anyways right after that he decides to wear them while using white paint. paint stains all over them. me and mom roll our eyes and explain to him you dont wear nice clothes while painting.

cut to a week later and we're at a nice department store, and THEYRE SELLING JEANS WITH PAINT STAINS ALL OVER THEM. FOR 50 BUCKS.

i need to go in the paint/jean business

Jilly
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I just go with what fits and evens out my ass, in that they have to be boot cut. I'm short, so I have to wear petites or I have to get them altered. I can't wear skinny jeans or I'd look like an hourglass on sticks.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM

:rolleyes:

loochy
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
we bought a pair of nice jeans for my son. why? i dont know. anyways right after that he decides to wear them while using white paint. paint stains all over them. me and mom roll our eyes and explain to him you dont wear nice clothes while painting.

cut to a week later and we're at a nice department store, and THEYRE SELLING JEANS WITH PAINT STAINS ALL OVER THEM. FOR 50 BUCKS.

i need to go in the paint/jean business

Ok dad.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM

That does it, I'm emailing this to your clients!!!!!!!! ... :D

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
:rolleyes:

it IS prettay lame sr. just rip em yourself

MOhillbilly
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM
i get pissed off when i get a tear or stain/paint on my jeans.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
it IS prettay lame sr. just rip em yourself

Dude it's on one pair, ONE. And yes they're awesomely subtle. They're Sevens, which I can assure you are more manly than people think. :(

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Dude it's on one pair, ONE. And yes they're awesomely subtle. They're Sevens, which I can assure you are more manly than people think. :(

what kind of hair product do you use? i like aussie gel

seclark
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
i get pissed off when i get a tear or stain/paint on my jeans.

dribble spots:mad:
sec

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
what kind of hair product do you use? i like aussie gel

I am glad you asked. http://tinyurl.com/56pakt

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I am glad you asked. http://tinyurl.com/56pakt

nice. do you have your own tanning bed at home?

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:46 AM
nice. do you have your own tanning bed at home?

no, salon.

L.A. Chieffan
02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
in other words; do you see yourself more marcus halbertstram or paul allen?

Molitoth
02-10-2010, 10:50 AM
1) Style - I prefer slightly holey jeans that have that vintage look.
2) Size - 36x34 is a little difficult to find
3) Cut - Bootcut FTW, no skinny girl jeans.
4) Price - I can usually find what I like at "Gap" or "American Eagle" on sale for $20-$30.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
1) Style - I prefer slightly holey jeans that have that vintage look.
2) Size - 36x34 is a little difficult to find
3) Cut - Bootcut FTW, no skinny girl jeans.
4) Price - I can usually find what I like at "Gap" or "American Eagle" on sale for $20-$30.

no emo jeans?

tooge
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
That does it, I'm emailing this to your clients!!!!!!!! ... :D

As long as you dont e mail it to my office to try to get me fired. Dont worry SR, some guys can pull off ripped jeans, tight shirts, goatees, long flat toed shoes and pink shirts. I am not one of those guys. For those that can, more power to them. NTTAWWT

KCtotheSB
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I find a pair of jeans that are loose and baggy. Not, gangster douchebag baggy, but enough where I need a belt to hold them up. I absolutely cannot stand tight jeans.

I used to try Levi's, but now go to Old Navy.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
As long as you dont e mail it to my office to try to get me fired. Dont worry SR, some guys can pull off ripped jeans, tight shirts, goatees, long flat toed shoes and pink shirts. I am not one of those guys. For those that can, more power to them. NTTAWWT

ok, I don't have a goatee, no long shoes like that and no pink shirts, well I DID have a few pink shirts, but then I divorced that cum-swallower. so.... Whatever.

Pants
02-10-2010, 11:40 AM
no emo jeans?

The fucked up part is that's the kind of shit that's in now. I can't stand dark jeans and I sure as fuck can't stand tight jeans and BOTH of those is what you're supposed to be sporting now. Some gay ass fucking toolbag band like Jonas Brothers or some shit started doing it and now it's cool...
Why couldn't we just stay with the faded/torn/not give a fuck look? :cuss:

Molitoth
02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Late 90's grunge is the style I will most likely always stick with.

Rugged Jeans and a plain t-shirt.

I hate trendy bullshit, expecially bright neon colors... sideways hats... skinny jeans... big clown shoes, etc..

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
The ****ed up part is that's the kind of shit that's in now. I can't stand dark jeans and I sure as **** can't stand tight jeans and BOTH of those is what you're supposed to be sporting now. Some gay ass ****ing toolbag band like Jonas Brothers or some shit started doing it and now it's cool...
Why couldn't we just stay with the faded/torn/not give a **** look? :cuss:

yeah, I'm not feeling it. The width of the bottom portion around the shoe is the first thing I look at.

Simply Red
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Late 90's grunge is the style I will most likely always stick with.

Rugged Jeans and a plain t-shirt.

I hate trendy bullshit, expecially bright neon colors... sideways hats... skinny jeans... big clown shoes, etc..

LMAO

Frosty
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
My favorite right now are classic Levis 501's. My day to day jeans are 2 pair of 20 year old 501's. When I get closer to a 30 to 31 inch waist, I'll have to explore some of these other brands and see if they fit better. I like 501's but they are a little tight in the crotch.

seclark
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
My favorite right now are classic Levis 501's. My day to day jeans are 2 pair of 20 year old 501's. When I get closer to a 30 to 31 inch waist, I'll have to explore some of these other brands and see if they fit better. I like 501's but they are a little tight in the crotch.

501's are cheap hotel jeans.
no ballroom.
sec

Frosty
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
The ones I have now are a bit loose so sit a little lower. That helps in the ballroom department.

seclark
02-10-2010, 12:32 PM
The ones I have now are a bit loose so sit a little lower. That helps in the ballroom department.

you never have to worry about getting your pecker snagged in the zipper w/501's.
sec

Frosty
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
you never have to worry about getting your pecker snagged in the zipper w/501's.
sec

BTDT :eek:

Boon
02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Which ever brand has the biggest crotch.
That's what I buy.

Molitoth
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Which ever brand has the biggest crotch.
That's what I buy.

I understand, some people need that to support their front-butt.

Fritz88
02-12-2010, 04:16 AM
I finally found a pic of the ones that i constantly wear

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2254/1830633334_ff32506b21_o.jpg

JOhn
02-12-2010, 04:20 AM
What do you look for in a good pair of blue jeans?

Preferably a HOT Blonde :p

stumppy
02-12-2010, 04:51 AM
What do you look for in a good pair of blue jeans?

Preferably a HOT Blonde :p

Exactly what I was going to post.